• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,122 Views, 63 Comments

The Last Days of Parrsboro - Eakin



An unusual earthquake may be the end for a little coastal town, and the start of something new for the world beyond

  • ...
11
 63
 3,122

3/5/2014

3/5/2014

God, I’m bored.

I’ve loved hunting ever since I was a kid, but I’ll be the first to tell you it can be boring as fuck at times. I hope writing this down makes the time go by a bit quicker. You can only sit up in a tree for so many hours before you start to go a little nuts. It shouldn’t be taking this long. These woods used to be crawling with elk and moose, but it seems they’ve moved on. Or maybe something scared ‘em off, hell if I know.

I can’t come back empty handed. Not again. Last time I did they took enough from me that I nearly passed out. Seems to take more and more of the stuff the closer we get to the core, to the appointed shape. But every drop will be worth it to see the skies open up. Running out of places to get more, though. Blood bank’s empty, there’s not a single cat or dog left in town, and now the woods are empty too.

Maybe not totally empty. Something’s moving in the bushes over there. Looks like I might bag a moose after all.

That wasn’t a moose. Oh God, what was that thing? I’m glad I missed my shot. I don’t think I want to make it mad.