• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,122 Views, 63 Comments

The Last Days of Parrsboro - Eakin



An unusual earthquake may be the end for a little coastal town, and the start of something new for the world beyond

  • ...
11
 63
 3,122

4/12/2013

4/12/2013

We found the cave.

It’s taken nearly two months, but with the thaw and the recent spate of good weather we’ve been able to uncover it. I confess I had begun to doubt, but whenever my faith wavered I could always turn to Reverend Maxwell. The proof that She has blessed us in our endeavour is written right there upon his very flesh itself. I hope someday I, too, am so rewarded. But there’s much yet to do.

The cave was a fresh opening in the side of what I’d always remembered as a sheer rock wall. I suppose that not even the Earth itself could stand against Her will forever. It was a long way down, deep within the depths. And dangerous. I’ll miss Tyler, he was a good man. But at least he distracted those... well, whatever they were. I didn’t get a good look. Robin did, and she hasn’t been able to form a coherent sentence since, so maybe it’s better this way. I’d hoped that the Heart would be waiting for us, ready for us to put it into place right away and bring Her joy into the world, but no such luck. Instead we found a massive block of crystal that burns with an inner blue light. Not heart-shaped in the least. It took three of us to bring it out.

Now the real work begins.