• Published 30th Oct 2014
  • 1,865 Views, 14 Comments

The Disappearance of Chaos - LiveLife



Discord dies, and his friends, among other ponies deal with his death.

  • ...
1
 14
 1,865

The Loss of a Friend (Luna)

My sister cried, yelled, and talked to me until midnight. I know, I should have been protecting the ponies of Equestria from nightmares, but my sister needed me more. It was then when I learned of Discord's death. I told Tia that it came as a surprise, as she could expect. What I didn't tell her is that I felt a strange emptiness inside. After hours of me listening to Celestia, I excused myself, under the pretense that she must sleep.

The stars were shining without a single cloud to block them. I walked through the castle halls, and found myself in front of balcony where I had once protected Canterlot from Changelings. Walking out, I looked upon my beautiful night sky. I felt a tingling sensation, and a blinding ray of silver magic shot from my horn. I looked at the sky, and saw a new twinkling star. I suppose that Discord really is dead, I thought. As I can only make new stars when I hear of a dead citizen. I remember every single name of the dead ponies that I have made a star for; however, one stands out in particular: Wishing Star. That poor, poor girl, I thought, remembering the blue mare with the yellow mane. She had such great potential; I was going to make her my apprentice, and a future alicorn. She was the first star that I made. When ponies heard of that, they started wishing on stars...some think that she grants them to the ponies that need it most.

I flew out into the crisp night air. Ponies are strange creatures, I thought. They hold onto the littlest grain of hope, even when the hope cannot be seen. I flew past my sisters window, and saw that she was sleeping soundly on her bed, and there wasn't a nightmare to be seen. Even my sister, who isn't completely a pony anymore has the ability to think that she can keep her problems to herself...and look how that ended. I no longer feel this way of thinking as my own way, but I did, once...

I was a little filly, only five years old, when a strange creature came up to me. He said that his name was Discord the Draconequus, and then he made it rain chocolate milk all over me. I got very upset and chased him all over the castle gardens, but he just kept teleporting just out of reach. He called out, "You will never catch me 'cause I'm a god!"

I got so upset that I jumped onto him and held onto his horns. He tried to teleport away, but I held on so tight that he had just brought me with him. He just scowled, and then asked if I wanted to be friends with him. I immediately agreed.

I laughed at the memory of young Discord. His voice had been very high pitched, and his tail was as long as his body. My laughter echoed across the Castle. Wow, I suppose that I still am a sentimental...strange. Another memory came to me, on when I was about ten years old.

I was sitting in the Gardens, fuming with anger. My sister had sent me out of my room because she needed room to practice her advanced spells. With that, I had stomped out and come here, the only place that I could think of. A loud pop came from behind me, followed by me floating, non-intentionally. "Hi," I had said, not turning around. Some wind came, turning me around, only to find his crazy eyes there with no body. I screamed, and laughter came from underneath the eyes. A second later, the rest of Discord's body appeared.

"Why you so down?" he asked.

"Because, my sister is stupid!" I replied, thinking that that was answer enough.

Discord wasn't pleased with this answer. "Just because your sister is stupid doesn't mean that you have to be down!" he said making the flowers around him laugh.

I sighed. "My sister kicked me out of my room, my own room, so that she could practice magic! Why couldn't she have used her own room!?"

"Eh, only because Sun-Butt is stupid," Discord replied. A mischievous grin appeared on his face. "Hey, I know! Why don't we play a prank on your sister!?" I nodded earnestly. "Okay, so here's the plan. We take some fruit and smear it all over her window, then make loud squawking noises, so that it seems like a bunch of birds pooped all over her window!"

We carried out the plan, and it caused some very large laughs. I started calling Tia Sun-Butt behind her back, and somepony must have heard me one day, because soon the entire kingdom was calling her that behind her back.

I keep thinking back, keep thinking of the little things that Discord did, each time helping me, each time strengthening our friendship. The day before my sister and I turned Discord to stone, I remember begging to him.

"Please, Discord! You must let go of your tyranny!" I begged him.

"Why should I do that?" he asked, an eyebrow raised.

I paused, not sure if I should give away our plan. "We-my sister and I have the Elements of Harmony, and you know..." I trailed off, not wanting to say any more.

Discord laughed, and he sounded insane. "Hehe! The Elements of Harmony, huh? Oh, scary!" he faked fainting. When he saw that he didn't even get a laugh out of me, he shook his head. "Luna, what happened to you? You used to laugh at everything!"

"I'm worried about you!" I screamed, feeling my rage leave me. "If you don't give up your position, then the Elements will do something to you, and I will lose my only friend!" I tried to stop the truth from coming out, but it did anyway. I remember how Wishing Star had been murdered violently as she slept. "Discord, if something happened to you, then I would be alone." I ran, attempting to hide for a while, then go back. Unfortunately, it was not so. My sister found me, and was enraged by the state I was in. She shut me into my room, and didn't let me out until the next day when we were on our way to his place. Turning Discord to stone was the hardest thing that I ever did.

I found myself crying, the tears falling on the cobblestones below. I am not alone. I have friends now! I forced myself to think, yet the tricky part of my brain thought, but now you have one less friend. I saw my sister walk out onto the balcony, how she does every morning when she goes to raise the sun. I lowered the moon, and I saw the stars fade, all except for Discord's. Wow, even in death he is different.

My sister saw me and waved. I felt emotion build up inside of me, and soon I flew up to my sister and cried into her shoulder.