• Published 30th Oct 2014
  • 1,864 Views, 14 Comments

The Disappearance of Chaos - LiveLife



Discord dies, and his friends, among other ponies deal with his death.

  • ...
1
 14
 1,864

The Loss of an Enemy (Celestia)

The ponies just keep coming and coming. They come to me for advice, or to solve problems. The problems they bring are just so, materialistic and domestic. They don't seem to understand that life will not end if they lose a chicken, or if their wife had a miscarriage. There isn't much that I can do, I mean, the task has already been done. I sit there, on my high throne, separated from everypony else, day, after day, after day. Somehow I manage not to go insane. Somehow, I sit here and help ponies with problems that aren't even really problems.

Right now, I am walking the Palace halls, wondering about this anomaly that I have survived over a thousand years of listening; just plain listening. I have never got a chance to speak up, I only get to listen. Listen, listen, listen. A voice sounded from behind me, frightening me out of my thoughts. "Princess!" A purple guard ran over to me. He wore the badge of a messenger, so I figured that I should wait. Plus, I had already turned around, a signal that I had heard him. Oh, careless me. I must be better, or else I will never have down time. Seriously, though. Ponies somehow manage to find me wherever I go. I feel very watched. The guard caught up to me. "Princess," he said, a little breathlessly. "I have a message for you, the sender said it was urgent."

I sighed, thinking that it was just another complaint about how uninterested I acted today during court. "Thank-you, dismissed." The young stallion galloped away. I continued to walk the Palace halls, but this time, I walked with purpose. After a couple of minutes, I got to my "Royal Chambers", a.k.a. my room. Everypony always tried to make everything sound more grand, more royal. The truth was that my room was just like any other bedroom in Equestria. It had my bed, a closet, and was connected to the bathroom. Okay, maybe that's different, but you know, who cares? The point is, I'm not that special. I plopped onto my bed, and opened the letter. Inside, I could see my fellow Princess Twilight Sparkle's scrawling handwriting.

Dear Princess Celestia,

It's so funny how she still titles her letters that, even though now we are equals.

If you are holding anything important right now, I would suggest that you put it down, else you drop it.

I checked, nothing but my Princess gear.


Well, Princess, I would like to sadly inform you that Discord has died.

Oh, okay! Discord died-wait, what! I had to read the sentence over again. No way could Discord, who is a GOD for, well you knows sake, DIE?! I shook my head incredulously. Oh, this must be a joke! An elaborate one, but a joke all the same. I thought this until I saw the next line.

I swear on my friend's lives that this isn't a joke.

Oh dear, oh dear, what is happening?

Please, Princess believe me.

I decided to read this all the way through, from the beginning.

Dear Princess Celestia,

If you are holding anything important right now, I would suggest you put it down, else you drop it.

Well, Princess, I would like to sadly inform you that Discord has died.

I swear on my friend's lives hat this isn't a joke.

He was attacked by a strange creature in the Everfree, and he just kept getting worse.

Fluttershy was with him when it happened, she's pretty shaken up, but otherwise okay.

Celestia, if you need anything, please let me know.

I am here for you.

Sincerely,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

I had the strange sensation of being in a whirlpool. I felt tugged to one side, always in motion, until I found the bottom. Sadly, my thoughts were still swirling. Discord, what? Dead, no way! I sat down, strangely out of breathe. Why do I feel like this? I HATED Discord...why? I realized that I had started pacing, so I plopped onto my
bed.

I remember Cadence giving me, Luna, and Twilight lessons on how to calm down. Step one, breath. I tried to control my breathing, to make it slow and steady, but I couldn't. Okay, step two, close your eyes. I closed my eyes, tried breathing slowly, yet the image of the letter that Twilight sent me appeared. I started panicking. Okay, step three, which is, what is it? Oh, right. Stay positive. Well, it isn't the end of the world that Discord is dead, we just won't have a God... I screamed, muffling it by a spell. The spell felt good, giving me power. I continued to destroy things in my room bu a mere touch with the golden magic from my horn. After five minutes of me abusing my power for rage, I felt slightly better. I now knew that I had the capacity to think properly.

Okay, so Discord is dead. You know what? I think that this feeling that I have is fear that I won't have anypony to take my rage out upon. "Oh, dear, what am I to do?" I asked myself quietly. What am I to do? I felt myself fall, fall onto my bed, and fall asleep.

The room was dark. I couldn't see anything. Then, I heard voices.

"Princess Celestia, this person just stole an apple tree from my yard."

"Princess Celestia, my wife is breaking up with me, but I don't have any rights against her.


"Princess!"

"Help!"

"My"

The only sound was the people asking me for help. Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore. "STOP IT! SHUT UP! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PETTY ISSUES! GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

The voices stopped. Only one remained. "Sister, are you okay?" I turned around, and saw my sister Lulu standing there; however, she wasn't the little sister that I see day to day. She was my height, and her hair was majestically flowing behind her.

I was about to tell her that I was, but everything came out. "No, sis', I'm not. I can't stand how I must listen to everypony day, after day, after day! I never get to talk! I only have to listen! Listen is all I get to do! I want something else to do! I want to be listened to!" I was crying now, my tears unstoppable.

Luna nodded. "Yes, I have sensed this. Why have you not come to me? I have been here the entire time. Why did you not come and ask for help?" Her voice was hurt.

"Do you want to know the truth?" Luna nodded to me. "Well, I was afraid. I didn't want to burden you. Oh, dear, Luna! What is wrong with me?" I cried into her shoulder, cried like I was the little sister, cried like there was no tomorrow.

"Sister, you must wake up. Wake up and we can talk." My sister gently pushed me away. I looked at her, and nodded. I felt myself go into the blackness, and...

I woke up, and for once in my life, felt completely supported.