• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 1,842 Views, 17 Comments

Filly Rainbow Dash Loses a Race - StarTwist

  • ...
2
 17
 1,842

It Isn't Fair!

Author's Note:

Rainbow Dash is five years old in this. Thanks for reading you all are awesome!!!!:pinkiehappy:

Rainbow Dash bent knees and leaned across the starting line.

"Five." Rainbow Dash extended her wings, fully ready to take off.

"Four." Rainbow cast a glance at her friend Fluttershy, whom she was racing. Fluttershy timidly returned the glance smiling shyly at her rainbow-maned friend.

"Three." Rainbow fluttered her wings, anticipating the coming race.

"Two.

"One. Go!" When her dad said the magic words, Rainbow took off. Glancing backwards, she saw that already Fluttershy was far behind.

I hope she's not stopping to talk to passing birds, Rainbow thought as she flew across the sky. She wanted her friend to take racing as seriously as she did. Or almost as serious, anyways.

Stopping to look back again, Rainbow blinked as a gust of wind hit her full in the face.

"Woah!" She cried. The wind had knocked her off course. Rainbow spiralled for a moment before she regained control.

"That was weird," she muttered to herself. She glanced back again to see if Fluttershy had been affected. To Rainbow Dash' s surprise, Fluttershy was closer than she had been before. It also shocked her to see Fluttershy was rapidly increasing in speed.

"Wow!" She remarked. Then she realized there was a look of terror on Fluttershy's face. Rainbow Dash could hardly believe it when Fluttershy flew past! Was this really her timid, shy friend who was beating her in a race? Rainbow Dash was shocked, but she couldn't think on this anymore. She had to beat Fluttershy now!

Rainbow' s dad had set up a really short race course, and Fluttershy was nearing the end already. She had to act fast. Beating her wings as fast she possibly could, Rainbow dashed to the finish line. But it was too late. Fluttershy had already crossed the finish line. Still, Fluttershy kept flying at full speed until she bumped into a cloud wall.

Rainbow zoomed across the finish line and immediately stopped.

"Hey, that's not fair!" she exclaimed indignantly. Rainbow' s dad, Rainbow Blaze, flew over to comfort his upset daughter.

"I know you're upset, sport," he told her sympathetically, "but you win some, you lose some. And right now, it looks like Fluttershy needs your help." He pointed to Fluttershy, whose head was stuck in the cloud wall.

"I DON'T CARE!" Rainbow Dash yelled stomping her hoof. "I deserve to win, not her!"

"Rainbow Darla Dash!" Her dad spoke sternly. "Fluttershy is your friend! You should be nice to her!"

"NO! I WANTED WIN!" Rainbow screamed again, flapping her wings furiously. "I DESERVE TO WIN!"

When Fluttershy finally popped head out of the cloud, she found her best friend kicking and screaming a few feet away.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I... I didn't mean to make you mad," Fluttershy said timidly. Rainbow paid no attention. She was too busy screaming, kicking, and crying to notice Fluttershy's apology.

Suddenly noticing Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash screamed, "I HATE YOU! I SHOULD HAVE WON! I WISH WE HAD NEVER BEEN FRIENDS!" Fluttershy's wide teal eyes filled with tears at the outburst.

"I'm so sorry!" She sobbed. In the blink of an eye, Fluttershy had galloped away as fast as her skinny legs could carry her.

"RAINBOW DASH!" Her father exploded. He grabbed Rainbow Dash by the wing.

"GET OFF OF ME!" The 5-year-old shouted in dismay, wriggling around. But Rainbow Blaze held firm to his screaming daughter.

"We are going to find Fluttershy and you will apologize for your behavior," he said through gritted teeth. "And then when we get home your mother and I will have some very choice words for you."

"I don't want to apologize!" Rainbow Dash whined, though in a tired voice. The fight seemed to have been drained out of her.

"Too bad," her dad grunted, dragging her off in the direction Fluttershy had ran.

Fluttershy had curled up into a ball on a nearby cloud, quietly crying as the filly and her dad approached her.

"Fluttershy," said Rainbow Blaze in a kind voice, Rainbow Dash would like to say something to you."

Rainbow groaned. Why does apologizing always have to be so hard?, she thought to herself as she approached her teary-eyed friend.

"Sorry..." she mumbled.

"Rainbow Dash,"said her father in a warning tone.

"Fine." she grumbled, lowering her head as she stepped closer to Fluttershy.

"I'm really sorry for what I said back there. You're my best friend, and I shouldn't have acted like that over a stupid race. Will you forgive me?" she said, casting a glance to her dad, who gave her a nod of approval.

Fluttershy's eyes light up at Rainbow's apology and a small smile could be seen on the young filly.

"Yeah, I forgive you." she smiled. The two best friends embraced and began to laugh and talk to one another like nothing ever happened.

"Fluttershy?"

"Yeah, Rainbow?"

"How did you manage to beat me anyways?"

Fluttershy sighed, "Hoops and Dumb-Bell," she explained quietly, "They hid behind a cloud and jumped out from behind me yelling. I guess it startled me so much that I flew much faster than I would ever dare going!' She looked away sadly. "But it's over now so-" Fluttershy looked up just in time to see Rainbow Dash zoom away, leaving a confused Fluttershy and her father behind.

"Where is she going?" asked Fluttershy. "Is she mad at me?"

"Oh no, it's definitely not you," said Rainbow Blaze with a smirk, "But I think Rainbow has some important issues to... tackle."

Later, Rainbow Dash returned to her father and Fluttershy, who were looking at her curiously.

"How was you adventure?" asked her father.

"I have a question," said Rainbow Dash.

"What is it?" wondered Fluttershy.

"Is it a bad thing if you can see I big black thing around somepony's eye?"

Rainbow Blaze and Fluttershy exchanged nervous glances towards one another.

"Who did you see them on?" asked Rainbow Blaze, a smile slowly tugging on the corner of his lips.

"After I punched Hoops and Dumb-Bell in the face one of each of their eyes were getting black circles around them. Is that bad?" asked the curious rainbow-maned filly.

Now Rainbow Blazed laugh, earning confused looks by both filly's.

"Let's all go home," he laughed, "But you are to tell you mom nothing of this, understood?"

Rainbow Dash nodded.

The next day Rainbow Dash was writing a very long apology letter to Hoops and Dumb-Bell, being that her mother found out. Little did anyone know that before she sent it, she had written something the bottom of the page.

P.S. If you scare my friend again, you WILL DIE!!!!!

...and that's how Rainbow Dash got grounded for a week.

Comments ( 16 )

5787324 "Now everyone will come when you're asleep and downvote your story like a swarm of angry hornets." :trollestia:

OMG that kills me. :rainbowlaugh:

Filly Rainbow Dash Looses a Race
After loosing a flying competition, Rainbow Dash throws a HUGE tantrum. And the worst part... she lost to Fluttershy

"Lose" is the opposite of "win", "gain", or "find."
"Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Also, when punctuating and capitalizing your dialogue tags, this:

"Hey, that's not fair!" She exclaimed indignantly.

is incorrect. When dialogue is followed by a who-said-it-and-how dialogue tag, they are always considered to be one single sentence, and the first word after the closing quote mark is never capitalized, unless it's the speaker's name (or the pronoun "I", if you're writing in first person). Even if the dialogue ends with a ? or ! mark, the tag following it is still considered part of the sentence and does not get capitalized unless it's a name.

(On the other hoof, you do get partial credit for knowing that when the character's spoken sentence would end with a period if written by itself, you use a comma to separate the spoken dialogue from the following dialogue tag. That bit, you mostly got correct :twilightsmile: , although I spotted a couple of slip-ups here and there.)

Well, I guess after losing like that Rainbow needed something to take her frustration out on. How fortunate that there were two perfectly usable punching bags in her general vicinity :trollestia:

VGI

Short and sweet.

Nice.

Thumbs up. Shelving. Done.

PS: You might want to consider putting the author's note at the top, not the bottom. I almost read the whole story thinking that RD and Flutters were already mares. Thankfully I realized immediately that they are still foals. The reader would appreciate not having to do that anymore by having the author's note on top.

5787909 Thanks for catching that! I'll correct those now.:twilightsmile:

5788044 Very convenient!:rainbowlaugh:

5788564 Thanks for the advice!! I will! :pinkiesmile:

Le fuck rainbow dash.

Sore loser RD and to FS no less.. But this is the way kids are in real life so I can see it happing..:rainbowderp:

5853466 YOU SUCK!!!!!:ajbemused:

:trollestia:

Login or register to comment