• Published 21st Oct 2014
  • 1,061 Views, 31 Comments

A Blooming Diamond: The Wrath of Silver Spoon - PastelBacon



Granny Smith's dead, Scootaloo's no longer a crusader, and Silver Spoon really hates Applebloom and Diamond Tiara for making friends with them. The question being, with Silver looming, will the new friends stick together, or will they break

  • ...
5
 31
 1,061

Chapter 1: Learning the Basics

Author's Note:

Note: You must read the first story before you read this, otherwise nothing will make any sense, and I won't be held accountable for it, since I gave this warning, and made the original a prequel to this which you can find above the description here!

Also: Sorry If I seem a bit Rusty, the saved stuff was pre-written when i was still writing, just now updated. This is my actual first time writing in a while so forgive me if its a bit bad.

--------------------------------------------------

5 Weeks Later

"Uhh... I'm still a little confused Applebloom." said Diamond Tiad.ra.

"You really haven't done to many physical things have ya?" asked Applebloom.

"No... not really." Diamond replied.

"Well if your gonna stay around here as much as ya have been, your gonna have to work. Not my rule." Applebloom stated.

"Applejack?" Diamond simply asked.

"Yup." Applebloom simply answered.

"Alright so here's the first thing. Ya gotta either take one of the buckets over there, or one of the smaller carts over there." Applebloom begin telling Diamond Tiara, pointing to some buckets and small carts, the size of them easily making it known that they are for fillies or colts.

"Alright." Diamond said.

"Are ya even paying attention to what I'm saying?" Applebloom asked.

"...I lost track about 5 minutes ago." Diamond stated, smiling a bit awkwardly.

"Let me make it simple: Do what ah do." Applebloom stated with a slightly annoyed expression.

Applebloom walked over to the buckets and gave one to Diamond, before speaking up once again.

"Alright, so we're gonna start with the buckets. We'll move onto carts when ya got the hang of the buckets." Applebloom stated.

"So what do I do with it?"' Diamond asked.

"Put it on your back until you get to a tree, then put it under the leaves, turn around and buck the tree with your hindlegs as hard as ya can." Applebloom stated.

"Uh.. alright." Diamond non-chalantly replied.

Diamond then tried to put the bucket on her back, failing quite a bit, which drew some laughs from Applebloom, much to Diamond's dismay, almost making her make an old remark.

"Hey, stop laughing at me blan- ....sorry." Diamond aplogized, after starting to insult Applebloom, but cutting herself off before she did.

"It's fine Diamond, old habits. Ya gotta grow out of em, ya don't just say I'M GONNA STOP DOING THIS NOW! It just doesn't work that way, although the world would be a lot different if it did." Applebloom told Diamond.

"I can agree with that...." Diamond simply replied.

Applejack walked up to the two fillies, coming out of the barn, she was already sweating a bit, probably having been working for a while now.

"Howdy you two, what ya doin?" AJ asked.

"Ah'm tryna teach Diamond how we work around here." AB replied.

"That so? Well.. no offense lil sis, but ya gotta learn from the best. So if anypony is gonna be teaching around here it's gonna be me." AJ stated.

"Can't ah please?" AB asked a bit pleadingly.

"No, now Diamond follow me. Ya aren't even ready for buckets yet." AJ said, walking off as she was talking.

"I'm doomed..." Diamond said under her breath, reluctantly following the orange farm pony.

After they got inside the barn, Applejack began to speak up again.

"Just cause we're apples doesn't mean that's all we're about" Applejack said, before resuming her talking. "Ya know how to round up the chickens?" Applejack asked, looking back at Diamond.

"I've never worked at a farm in my life, I don't know the first thing about first things on a farm." Diamond said.

"Ah kinda figured... ah mean no offense but yer father did just let ya stay at home all day and spoil you rotten." AJ stated.

"Doesn't mean you need to remind me that." Diamond said.

"Well, yeah but... anyways let's just get on with this before ah go on an unnecessary rant." AJ said, before leading Diamond to the chicken coop, opening the door and then closing it, she got a timer out.

"What's the timer for?" Diamond asked, a bit nervous now.

"Oh, you'll see" Applejack stated, chuckling slightly before opening up the door to the chicken's coop.

"Oh..... crap...." Diamond said, before a stampede of chickens rushed out and nearly ran her over, Diamond having to stay in the very middle as the chickens seemed to avoid the middle for whatever reason.

"H-Hey! Stop that" Diamond said, noting a chicken was pecking at her hooves.

"OOOH! What's going on here?" a certain pink pony with a puffy pink mane said, suddenly standing next to Applejack.

"Uh... hi Pinkie... and ah'm seeing how long Diamond here can last before she's begging to get out." AJ said with a chuckle.

"Isn't that dangerous? I mean I know there chickens... but don't you know what happens when you make a chicken angry?!" Pinkie asked with a bit of shock as to why AJ would do this.

"Uh... they never get mad Pinkie, so ah've never had to worry about it, besides whats the worst that could happen?" AJ stated.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Diamond screamed running outside.

"Only 30 seconds, well she beat Applebloom's first attempt." AJ said with a Chuckle.

"Uh...AJ?" Pinkie said, hesitantly.

"Ah remember Bloom's first attempt... ah hadn't had a laugh like that in ages ah tell you." AJ said, seemingly not hearing Pinkie.

"AJ...." Pinkie said, still trying to get Applejack's attention.

"But then again, Granny also said my first attempt wasn't all that great eit-" Applejack was saying before being cut off.

"AJ!!!!!!" Pinkie basically screamed.

"What?" Applejack asked.

Pinkie Pie simply pointed in front of them, somehow the chickens had figured out climbing ontop of each other, one of them unlocks the gate and they all hop down.

"Okay... that's never happened before. Git back in there ya varmits! Don't make me-" AJ was stating, before the chickens stampeded over her, about 60 chickens running out of the gate and to the exit of the farm towards Ponyville.

"Didn't see that one coming..." AJ said, surprised.

"I was trying to warn you" Pinkie said.

"Whatever, let's go get those things." Applejack replied, before whistling for Winona.

Once Winona came over to Applejack, she and AJ ran into Ponyville, only to see the chickens weren't even stampeding through the town but rather they had Diamond Tiara standing on top of a balcony close to the ground.

"They must not like you too much" AJ stated.

"Well thanks Captain Obvious!" Diamond yelled, obviously scared. "GET THESE CRAZY CHICKENS AWAY FROM ME!"

"Alright ya little varmits now listen here... either ya'll get back to the farm or Winona and ah here wi-" AJ again got cut off, her and Winona both run over by the chickens.

"Ow..." AJ reacted with, before helping her dog back up and chased after them, only to discover Twilight had already caught them.

"Oh... uh... hey Twilight... heheh..." AJ reacted nervously.

"These belong to you?" Twilight simply asked.

"Yeah... they do." AJ replied.

"Well, get them back to your farm. While they didn't go to far through town they still destroyed stuff." Twilight said, pointing to about a dozen torn up concession stands, a few ponies sitting on broken benches, and one pony for some reason with a Tail that looked like it had been bit off a bit.

"Since when do chickens bite?" AJ asked.

"Just get them back to the farm." Twilight stated.

"Alright alright." AJ said.

Applejack, Winona and Diamond Tiara then returned to the farm, locking the chickens back in the coop.

"Ah apologize for that Diamond, ah did not know that was gonna happen, honest."

"Can we just start with the apples tomorrow?" Diamond asked, disgruntled.

"Yeah, we'll do that. AH don't think ah'm gonna be bringing ponies around the coop for awhile." AJ Stated.

"Yeah, definitely. This was not really a day where I think I learned anything basic... let alone learning the basics." Diamond stated.

"Yeah..." AJ somewhat replied.

"Well, I'm gonna go home now. Tell Applebloom I headed home." Diamond told AJ.

"Alright, ah'll do that." AJ said, waving at Diamond as she left, Diamond waved back, while meanwhile....

"Oh wow, talk about embarassing. She got chased by chickens! hahahaha! I was actually friends with her? She's worse than the blank flanks! I can't wait to show this to everypony in School tomorrow." stated our not so friendly filly with blue glasses.

"Want me to spy again tomorrows?" A manehatten accented voice said.

"Yes Babs, spy on them again tomorrow, especially now that your here in Ponyville with me. It will make my plans a lot easier, I will make Diamond pay for leaving me behind.... but first...." Silver said, trailing off as she looked at a picture babs gave her of a roaming Scootaloo.

"Let's deal a blow to the Cutie Mark Couple." Silver stated.