• Published 22nd Oct 2014
  • 395 Views, 2 Comments

Princess Trillicorn's Private Stash: Azrail's Daughter - Ponyess



Books, I love them all. Although I guess I was initially shocked as Spike found this one, for me. The book does remind me of my time at the Canterlot High. I never had expected to see a book like this. Not in my old library.

  • ...
 2
 395

The Joy of a New Book: 1

Author's Note:

Twilight Sparkle's POV

.

I had noticed an influx of new books to my fairly new Royal library. Spike has been working himself pretty hard, just to slip these new books into their designated shelves. At least, he got himself a reward, someone sent a Comics book, which in effect is his, even if it technically does still belong to the library.

This is my library, just as much as the one that was in the large oak in central Ponyville. This may be a royal library, but I am a Princess and Alicorn now, so that makes sense.

Where all these new books come from, I have no idea. Guess I don’t have the time to care. At least, this far, none of them has proven to contain any malice or being dangerous in any other way. Just books from the once who likes to see their newly published books in important places. Maybe I should ask Celestia and Cadence, if they have any new books they had never asked for?

No, I’ll leave them alone, for now. I will be sampling a few of these new books on my own, though, just as Spike is enjoying his first new Comics.

“Twilight, Twilight. A new stash of books just arrived!” Spike interrupted me.

“More books? Where are they from?” I responded in a bemused tone, smiling at myself as the still young Dragon stormed in.

“Yes, more books. Books, books and yet more books. No idea, but you may be interested in some of them!” he exclaimed.

“I trust you slip the once I may be interested in, into my private stash, Spike?” I teased.

“Oh yeah. There are quite a few by now. Just that there is this one in particular. I think you will love this one!” he teased back.

“If you are that sure of it, let me look at it right away?” I responded.

At first, I had expected him to burst off, going about his usual business. What I had not expected, is for him to pull the book from behind his back, instantly presenting me with the book in question.

“Oh, I have it right here!” he merely responded.

“If you are certain, does it involve Friendship, Magic or Reading?” I questioned him.

“As a matter of fact, yes!” he responded.

“It does? Which of them?” I enquired.

“All of them, silly. That is why I am so certain you will enjoy this one in particular!” Spike put forth.

“All of them? Is that even possible? Oh well, then I will look into it right now!” I responded as I ripped the book out of his grasp.

“Yes, all of them. Reading, Magic and Friendship. All playing important and intricate roles in this story!” he stuttered as he shied away from my reaction.

Azrail’s Daughter?” I read the title.

“Yes, that is the title, as curious as it may sound!” Spike put forth.

“If you see any references that even looks relevant, let me know. I will read this right now!” I pointed out.

“I will!” he offered, still in an uncommonly meek tone of voice as he stepped several more steps back.

“The library is yours. Take good care of it!” I pointed out, just before I closed the door behind him on his way out.

Looking closer at the covers of the book Spike brought in. Apparently one of these books that had started to flood my library as of late. Coming from every corner of the globe, not just the Equestria I knew. Thankfully they letters are reasonably readable to me, at least.

The first thing that stuck out, is the girl in the image. I think she looks like the once I saw at the Canterlot High. At least reasonably similar to me. The girl did kind of feel as if she could have been me, she was studying at an awesome pace and went over numerous heavy subjects.

Furthermore, she clearly did handle magic, but the amusing thing is that she apparently enjoyed to manipulate things, in what could be seen as a fashionable sense, much as Rarity could have done.

Guess I could see why Spike had envisioned for me to enjoy this particular book.

--- --- ---