• Published 15th Oct 2014
  • 962 Views, 14 Comments

Rising of the Sun - Starlight Comet



It's amazing when a bad event can turn out to be the start of something great

  • ...
12
 14
 962

A Rather Unfriendly Welcome

October 15th, 2010 3:00pm

As Sunrise walked to the choir room, he began to dread the possibility of any of his friends finding out that he was to be part of the glee club as his punishment. The students who attended the glee club were some of the most unpopular students in the school. As he stood outside the door to the choir room, Sunrise felt that his life was over. With a heavy sigh, he opened the door to the choir room.

When Sunrise looked inside, he was dumbfounded at what he saw. There were musicians that sat in the corner with guitars, a drum set, and a variety of other instruments. There was even a grand piano in the center of the room. As he entered the room, Sunrise saw that fifteen pairs of eyes were staring at him, fourteen of which were gazed at him in a hateful look.

“Welcome!” one of the ponies said. Sunrise looked and saw a woman with blue hair wearing a top hat that was encrusted with diamonds.

This must be the teacher Sunrise thought.

His thoughts were proven correct as the woman came toward and shook his hand, saying “I’m the director of the glee club, Sapphire Stone. You must be Sunrise. Word down the hallway is that you've created a bit of a nasty reputation for yourself.”

“Great,” thought Sunrise, “As if I didn't feel awkward enough being here with these people looking at me in a bad way.”

“Well honey,” Sapphire Stone continued “the glee club can help you with your problems. How about I introduce you to everyone?”

“Sure” said Sunrise, with a somewhat hesitant tone in his voice.

“Great!” exclaimed Sapphire Stone, “Counting you, we have six males and six females in our club. Your fellow male classmates are Big Macintosh, Caramel, Soarin, Flash Sentry, and Doctor Whooves.”

The pony named Doctor Whooves stood up and said, “Well, technically, it’s just The Doctor.”

“OK,” said Sunrise with a bit of confusion in his voice.

“And here,” continued Sapphire Stone, “are your female classmates. These are Bon Bon, Lyra, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, Derpy Hooves, and…” She paused for a second and looked around as if she was looking for someone. Sunrise then noticed a lone chair between Bon Bon and Octavia.

Sapphire Stone then said, “Does anyone know where…”

Just then, the door burst open to reveal a girl with bluish hair wearing a purple, leather coat and wearing a necklace with a red jewel attached to it.

“Sorry I’m late, Ms. Stone. I had to finish writing my assignment for English, and I had lost track of time.”

Ms. Stone smiled and said, “That’s quite alright dear. We haven’t even started singing yet. I’d like to introduce you to our newest student Sunrise.”

The girl smiled and stuck out her hand for Sunrise to shake. “Hi,” she said, “My name is Sonata. I think you’re really going to like it here.”

“Thanks.” said Sunrise.

As the lesson continued on, Sunrise began to see why Principal Celestia assigned him to this class. All of the other club members worked together with singing and helped each other out when they needed help. But the one thing that blew Sunrise away was when Sonata sang in front of the whole club. She sang so beautifully that it was almost angelic. Sunrise had never heard someone sing like her before.

Soon enough, Ms. Stone announced that the meeting was over and everyone could go home.

“See you soon, Sunrise.” Sonata called over the other members.

Sunrise turned to Sonata and gave a small smile toward her. As he walked toward his car, he felt that he liked Sonata, as a possible friend. Just as he was about to get into his car, Sunrise turned around and came face to face with Flash Sentry. Judging from the look on his face, Flash wasn't there to say hi.

“So,” said Flash, “you think that just because you’re part of the glee club now, people will forgive you for what you've done?”

Sunrise felt a little bit uneasy as he stated “Well no, but…”

“Well you’re wrong!” Flash yelled, “No matter how you try to be friends with anybody, you can’t fool me. To me, you’re still a bully who delights in picking on people.” Sunrise didn't know what to say. For the first time in his life, he was at a loss for words.

Flash then started to walk away from Sunrise, but turned around and said, “I’m warning you now, Sunrise. You so much as hurt any of my friends in the glee club, I’ll make sure you regret it for the rest of your days.”

As Flash walked away, Sunrise just stood there facing a sad realization. Although Ms. Stone and Sonata were willing to accept him, the same could not be said for the rest of the group.