• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 913 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Dashie: Help from another universe - BlazeGriff1n



What if you could change the story of a beautiful friendship ?

  • ...
5
 4
 913

Chapter 5 - Reunion

Chapter 5 – Reunion

When I arrived back in New York after a short time, I saw something sitting on the south tower of the Twin Towers. It was Rainbow Dash. Why wasn't she with the others? She seemed to be waiting for me. And I had a pretty good idea what she was about. After all, I was responsible for

her being taken away by her father. Without me she could have continued to live undiscovered on earth with her father.

How could I have been so careless? I will never forgive myself for that. She will be absolutely angry with me. But what else could I have done? I MUST help her, I just felt it. Well, I had to take what was coming. I just wish it had never come to that. She would yell at me, with tears in her eyes and would ask me, why I could have let something like that happen.

I slowly landed behind her and approached slowly. Since I was still flying disguised on electric drive, it was quite noiseless. Apparently she was absorbed in thoughts. I didn't know if it was a good idea to talk to her or if she needed more time for herself. I heard her sobbing loudly...it was seemingly unforgivable what I had done, even if it was the right thing to do. I assumed that she wouldn't exchange a single word with me. And if she did, she would scream loudly and I would have deserved all of it.

„D...Dashie? Is it you?" I asked carefully.

She put her ears up when she heard my voice. She slowly turned her head in my direction and focused me with her tear-filled pink eyes. Then she turned away from me again. Apparently she had recognized me immediately. So it only remained for me to say:

„I...am...so...sorry."
„I...am...so...sorry."

What was that? Did she just apologize to me at the same time I did? I must have misunderstood something, so I tried to talk to her again.

„Dashie...I know you're…"

She slowly turned around to me again and looked past me.

„I am so sorry. I don't understand how that could happen. I should have been loyal…"

I was not prepared for that, I had to improvise and made reference to her statement.

„But Dashie, after everything that has happened, you are certainly still loyal to your dad, aren't you?"

„He's my dad, so loyalty comes first. But I don't mean him..."

I didn't know what she was talking about. Was there anything I missed? I was just expecting to get the anger of my life and now this? But then she told me the answer that explained everything.

„A long time ago I let a very good friend fall into oblivion because I was so overjoyed to be reunited with my dad. I never showed my gratitude for that." Dashie sobbed as she looked directly at my eyes.

„I never should have flown away from my dad, but I didn't want to confuse anything in your world either. I should have come back to you much sooner. That is what true friends do. I am so sorry..."

What a relief! She did not even intend to confront me. She was just looking for someone to confide in during this difficult time. Now that her dad was missing, I knew there was only me. I kept for myself that her appearance in my world caused Celestia and Twilight to find her. She would have blamed herself for that, but I had the feeling that she already knew about it. She also knew that she couldn't live on earth anymore. Then she looked at me.

„Can you forgive me?" she sobbed.

„Yes, Dashie, it is already good. I forgive you. I am so sorry for what happened..."

„It's okay," she said with a calming voice.

After that she slowly got up and sat down right next to me, without losing another word. She leaned her head against me and flapped her wing around my back. I wasn't cold, but this gesture of absolute trust warmed my heart deeply. I noticed immediately how she completely relaxed her body, leaning against me, as we looked together into the sunset.

„What Celestia had told me...that my father could live with me in Equestria...is that true?"

She looked at me with wide eyes, not so sad at all, a little more hopeful than before. I could understand why she asked me this question, she probably thought Celestia would try the spell again ... and she was right. But I didn't want to tell her at that moment.

„Yes, and I hope that I can help you."

Then she embraced me warmly.

„You already did…years ago...and I thank you for that." she said with a smile on her face.

„Hehe, all right. We shouldn't keep your father waiting now, don't you think?"

She agreed with me and after this short father-daughter moment we met at the Central Park Zoo to cross the portal together. Of course I had to take a different path into reality. Before I woke up, Marlene turned to me.

"This is your chance to change the history of a friendship. Finish the story and make the best of it, just like you wanted to." she said to me and winked at me.

Then I woke up and landed in my room, it was late in the afternoon. Kowalski had corrected the landing positions of the portal since the last time, so the ponies were now standing in my living room instead of squeezed together on my little balcony.

"Well, you remember where your father lives. How do we get there?" I asked.

"Get together!" Celestia said and her horn began to glow yellow.
It was the first time I felt something like that. The magic flowed through my body and for a short moment I felt light as a feather. All around us it became brighter, until I could only see white around me. A shimmering sound sounded and the white mist disappeared again. I looked around me and saw a magnificent mountain landscape with a wonderful view into the valley. I was speechless at that moment and could only marvel at what had just happened. Although I had often gone to the mountains with my parents, this place was clearly something special: over the past years it had become the testimony of a miracle that I would never have thought possible.

"Welcome home," said Rainbow Dash after a few more minutes, pointing to a large single-family home that was quite remote from the other groups of houses.

I've never been in this area before. We had definitely landed somewhere further south. The architectural style, the mountains and the surroundings. I first enjoyed the first moment when we stood in the field in front of the house and I noticed the mountain air blowing through my hair in the evening breeze. It was a liberating feeling. Now I could understand why Rainbow had enjoyed it here so much. This place is ideal for a Pegasus Pony that had landed far away from its home world. Lots of wind for lift, a big landscape and few obstacles, except for the mountains. When we got used to the situation, we went around the house, went to the front door and knocked. But nobody opened the door. There were also no noises inside the house.

Dashie tried to find an open window somewhere in the time. She noticed something: the window to her old room was wide open. She flew into the house and searched every room. When she couldn't find anyone, she opened the front door for us from the inside.

So here it was, the house where Dashie was raised for over 15 years, by a human. in the middle of the real world. When I entered the living room, I immediately noticed the photo album on the table. It was still open. I sat down on the sofa and picked up the photo album. Then suddenly a handwritten letter fell into my hand, which I recognized immediately.