• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 912 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Dashie: Help from another universe - BlazeGriff1n



What if you could change the story of a beautiful friendship ?

  • ...
5
 4
 912

Chapter 1 - The Crossover

4 years. I have been living here for 4 years, partly. Over the day I am a simple salesman and help people to get what they want. I see them coming, I see them leaving. It's always the same procedure. But at night, when I sleep, I'm in another world...In my world. I'm in New York, Central Park Zoo. To be more precisely, in the universe of „Penguins from Madagascar"!

Of course, I'm not really there. You could call me a kind of „Dreamrunner" or „Sleepwalker" who can control every detail in his dream. All I have to do is to express a wish and it will come true. Besides, everytime I wake up I can remember everything from my last dream. I discovered this gift very early as a child to isolate myself from the terrible world in which I grew up. Things weren't going easy for me as a child and I had to endure many things. Growing up outside my parents' house…bullying at school…you name it. Anyone who has ever been through something like this could understand why I looked for a place where they couldn't hurt me.

You've probably never heard of the 'Marjanski' universe before, but that's perfectly understandable. It's the name of my dream world that I gave her over time. You will find the reasons for this in other stories which happened before the time of MLP. Let me briefly give you an insight into this wonderful world.

Of course the penguins Skipper, Private, Kowalski and Rico are living here, too. I love spending time with them. They make me laugh when I've had a sad day, and here I can do anything I can't do in the real world. I can replay whole episodes from the series with them and experience the adventures together. Of course, I'm only a little bigger than the penguins, but Kowalski is just as big as me. If I had the proportion of a real person, it would look pretty weird.

I have also made other adjustments to the dream world. I drive a very famous pony car from the 80s with a beautiful light blue paint job. I also some kind of plane, which is rather just a small spaceship. It is originally taken from a computer space game, the only thing that I modified was the speed. It is now much faster, that's why it's called „The Dashing Buzzard". And I also made two changes to New York. In Lower Manhattan, two majestic towers rise into the air, tragically ripped out of the real world. Just like a well-known cruise ship, which is always anchored at Pier 54. Just in case I would like to travel. I am the only human being in this world, but there is somebody I would like to mention anyway.

A charming Otter lady with the most beautiful name in the world: Marlene. She was the one who helped me the most in the past and saved me from the one or the other stupidity I wanted to commit. I owe her my life and I will always stay by her side.

You see, it is a wonderful world. And the special thing about it is that it is unique. But I never expected anything unique to happen in my world. And that is where this part of my story begins…

Chapter 1 - The Crossover

„To all employees: Have a nice evening," I heard over the shop's loudspeakers as I put the last goods on the shelves.

It was Saturday.

„And another week is over, time for the next one", my colleague laughed as we both left the market, and we made our way home.

I didn't lose any thoughts of the work. At that moment my thoughts were only with the next week. I was on holiday there. Several questions asked themselves: How will I spend my free time? Should I invite friends? Cycling? So many good ideas, but I only had one week.

When I left the shop I felt the last rays of sun in the sunset touching my face. The sun had almost set and yet I felt the warmth of the sun on my skin. The sun coloured the blue sky slightly reddish. It was a breathtaking play of colours. I could see the whole splendor of the sunset, because not a single cloud stood in the blue sky. It was like the feeling of freedom. I wish I could enjoy the sunset a few more minutes longer, but time was pressing. I still had to take the subway home and didn't want to be home too late.

The trip lasted a while and I sank more and more into my thoughts about what I could do on my vacation. When I arrived at my station and made my way to my home, it was already dark. The moon was shining bright, the stars sparkled. There was almost nobody left on the street, the whole city was quiet. I landed exhausted in the front door and put down my work things immediately. When I finally got home, I decided to turn on my PC to see what new emails were being sent to me, but it was just the usual spam. I wasn't planning on doing anything that evening, so I decided to turn off the PC and start the first night of my vacation with what everyone can do best: And just as I was sleeping in. And just as I was returning to my dream phase, my other world opened up in my sleep. Now I was really home again...and the sun was shining high in the sky.

„Hello, my dear. How are you today?" I greeted Marlene as I visited her in her enclosure.

„Oh fine, like always. You know, like every evening," she smiled at me.

I knew exactly what she meant. It has been many years since I discovered this connection to this world. A possibility to escape into my own world. Of course it sounds like I'm mentally ill or delusional now, but I've never brought it up before either. Not to any psychologist, not to any other person, not even to my own parents. Not even I knew how that could happen. At one evening many years ago I was suddenly here and from then on that happened every evening. Every time I slept, I was „sleepwalking" through my world. I noticed how I lost myself again in old thoughts and decided to distract myself a little and went to my spaceship to fly a few rounds over the city.

When I flew to the front part of the city, I went into hovering flight and looked at the blue sky. There was something special about it and it fascinated me to observe this phenomenon. On my skin I felt the warmth of the sun and I closed my eyes to enjoy the silence. But the silence was suddenly interrupted by quiet voices that I began to hear.

„I..."
„How long have you know about this?"
„I...I am so...so...sorry."
„HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN ABOUT THIS?"

I opened my eyes again and looked around. There was nobody here except me. It would be new to me that they were ghosts in my dream world. It sounded as if a child was arguing with a man. The man was very upset and the child sounded very disappointed. Something I have never heard before, at least not in this world. Fighting people were the order of the day on earth, but here? I had to find out what was going on here. I wished I knew where these voices came from.

When I expressed my wish, something caught my attention. A soft sound that became louder and louder until it became as loud as an airplane. It came from the direction of the twin towers.
When I looked through between the towers, a bright white light shone followed by a blast wave that shook the whole spaceship. Then I recognized a rainbow-coloured circle that seemed to get bigger and bigger. Something flew directly towards me out of the middle of that circle. Thanks to my thrusters I was able to avoid the object immediately so that it didn't hit me. It was too fast to recognize what it was. It flew past me and drew a rainbow line behind it. Then it slowed down and finally landed on the upper viewing platform of the South Tower.

I couldn't understand what had just happened. When I could collect my thoughts again something I tried to find the object, which had appeared suddenly. So I flew slowly onto the observation deck of the South Tower. The creature didn't notice my presence at first when I landed. I opened the cockpit and slowly got out to not frighten the creature. It sat completely still at the edge of the skyscraper. I didn't even know what it was and yet I could hear it crying and sobbing. When I approached closer I could recognize the shape. It was a...little pony, with rainbow coloured mane and light blue fur.

I was completely overwhelmed with the situation, because I had no idea how I should deal with the situation. That was really a little blue pony. But here? In my own world? There was no physical, imaginable or extraterrestrial possibility how this could happen here…

„Hi there."

I waited, but she didn't react.

„Uh, what are you doing here," I continued.

„Daddy?"

I was confused. Did the pony just call me „Daddy"? I had to react somehow. So I kept trying to talk to her. I could tell by her voice that she was a mare even though I had never heard a mare talk before.

„No, but I'm a good friend. Who are you then?"

I sat down next to it, but it turned away from me. The pony seemed very agitated, so I tried to calm her down first.

„Look, I'm not going to hurt you, or something else in this world. You're safe here."
She turned her head over to me and looked at me from top to bottom. Her eyes were filled with tears. Then she sniffed briefly and nodded to me. Thereby I could recognize her bright pink eyes.

„Oh...okay," she said shyly.

I was so relieved when she said that sentence. The first step was taken. But before I could ask any more questions, she started to look around.

„Where am I?" she asked me as a tear flowed down her nose.

„You are in New York. To be more precisely, in my New York, my world. How did you get here?"

She looked confused into the sky.

„I can't remember. I flew as fast as I could when I saw the truth. That is all".

„The truth?" I asked carefully.

She turned to me and her facial expression became more desperate.

„The truth that I'm just a fictional character from a children's TV show!"

I flinched when she yelled at me. She looked at me and noticed that her behavior scared me.

„Sorry I yelled at you." She turned away from me again.

I moved closer to her and put my arm around her back. I felt her wings folded like a bird. She was a Pegasus pony. I only knew such horses from Greek mythology, but why did she wonder that she was an imaginary figure? But I knew that I shouldn't confront her now. So I tried to figure out her problem.

„It's all right. Look, everything you see here is fictitious. How else could you visit my world? You are something special. You live in the real world and at the same time you can travel to the fictional world. This is something that has never existed before. Not even in my world." I smiled at her.

„Can you help me, please? I don't know what to do", she asked me.

I did not know how to help her. But I didn't want to leave her just like that. I had to find a solution.

„Of course I will help you. But what are you going to do? Where are you coming from?"

She began to tell me about her home. Everything she told me, about her world and her father, indicated that she came from the earth. That was unimaginable for me until now, but I had the proof sitting right next to me. I was glad that she had somehow landed in my world. So much could have happened to her on earth. If only another person had seen her, who knows what the consequences would have been.

I told her that I also came from the earth and she listened attentively to me how I got into this world. She was the first being I told this story to. It was a nice feeling to finally have someone to talk to about it. Besides, it gave me a little time to calm her down.

I really wanted to introduce her to the others. So she accompanied me as we flew down to Central Park Zoo.

When I arrived downstairs and climbed out of the cockpit, everyone was waiting for me. But I didn't see the blue pony anymore and the others also looked around confused. She was just next to me and now she was gone?

„You don't have to hide yourself. These are my friends." I shouted loudly.

Then the rainbow mane appeared behind my spaceship and she lifted her little head to look at us with her pink eyes. Then she slowly approached my friends with her head lowered. Marlene was the first who was walking towards her. I was totally nervous about how she would react, especially as Marlene was twice the size of the pony.

„Don't be afraid, little one. You are here among friends. What's your name then?"

The pony looked at her with big eyes and answered:

„Rainbow Dash...my name is Rainbow Dash."

„Nice to meet you, Rainbow Dash. My name is Marlene."

Marlene slowly leaned down to her and examined her appearance, the blue fur and the rainbow mane.

„Oh, I see where you got the name from. Your great mane told me," she said, slowly stroking her paw through her rainbow-coloured mane.

Rainbow Dash didn't seem to be afraid of it. When Marlene had broken the ice, everyone introduced themselves. It was such a beautiful picture to see two worlds united in that moment. But I had to remember that I had to bring her back.

„Marlene, Rainbow Dash needs our help. She's from the real world and she needs to get back home."

„From the real world? How is that possible?" Marlene looked at me helplessly.

Then Rainbow Dash told them what she had already told me. Everyone listened to her curiously, but I had to look at her constantly to understand how it was possible for her to come here. In the end, Kowalski was rubbing his head.

„So travel or transport to another place? That's a piece of cake for me, at least in this world. But how are we supposed to get them back into the real world?" he asked me in astonishment.

I didn't have the slightest idea either. I hoped Kowalski would know the answer, but he tried to think of a solution. Marlene made an irritating noise, so Kowalski looked at her. She pointed at me with a grin on her face. Kowalski looked back and forth a few times until he suddenly closed his eyes and rubbed his fin back and forth under his beak.

„So, you say she comes from the earth?"
I nodded.
„You also come from the earth..."
I nodded again.
„Well, maybe you could take her with you?"

What did he just say? Take a fictitious character with you into the real world? I've never thought about it before. I was the only one who could switch from my dream world to the real world. How would that work with someone else from my dreams? That didn't make sense.

„Maybe I can build a machine that will be able to take Rainbow Dash with you when you wake up.

„Kowalski, we are in my dream world! How is that supposed to work?" I wanted to know.

Marlene stood in front of me.

„Do you remember when you first arrived here? There must be a connection. If not you wouldn't be here." she said to me.

She had a good point, so I agreed.

„I trust you, Marlene. So, Kowalski, how long will it take for you to build that machine?"

„It could be ready by tomorrow. I already have a prototype for...personal experiments."

Kowalski held a picture of Doris the dolphin in his fin. Doris was one of Kowalski's former girlfriends and he was hoping to use a transport machine to find her current location and be with her again. I still thought it would be impossible to travel to the real world with it, but I didn't want to destroy hope.

„Did you hear that, Rainbow? You can go home again tomorrow. How does that sound?"

Rainbow began to radiate and jumped up and down with joy.

„I can go home? I can go home! That's incredible!" she shouted with enthusiasm.

„Well, Rainbow. It will take at least until tomorrow. What are we doing in the meanwhile?"

When she calmed down again, she looked at my spaceship.

„Is it fast?" she grinned.

„The fastest thing you can find in this world. I call it the 'Dashing Buzzard'.

When I said the word 'Dashing', her pink eyes began to shine.

„How about a little race? The loser shows the winner the city," she said confidently.

She was sure that I would lose, so I got involved in the game to change that.

„Challenge accepted. Where are we going?"

„We are flying down to the two big towers, go around them and fly the way back here."

So we got ready. I jumped into my buzzard while Kowalski retreated to his lab with the other penguins. Marlene watched us in joyful anticipation.

Normally I flew at half speed, but in this case I had to make an exception. Fortunately my ship had a few tricks up his sleeve to make sure I could at least win the first seconds for me. As my buzzard rose into the air, I noticed Rainbow knocking on my cockpit window as a short signal.

It became quiet, then I counted down…

3…
2…
1…
GO!

I pushed the throttle forward to the maximum and ignited the boost. We started at the same time with a big bang from the start. I noticed how the shock wave made everything tremble behind us. It was a powerful feeling. Then I looked over to Rainbow for a moment. She was looking straight and concentrated. When we arrived at the twin towers, we turned around. I shortened the curve by flying between the towers, but she shot straight up into the air. I didn't know what she was up to, so I hurried and gave full thrust towards Central Park. When I looked over me from the cockpit, I recognized a rainbow that Rainbow Dash was pulling behind her. She was very fast, but I could still win the race. But suddenly there was this loud bang again and a huge circle of rainbow colours shone in the sky, just like I had already seen it. Then she raced at a speed that was impossible to beat. At this point the race was quickly decided. She had won.

I arrived ten seconds later and landed next to her.

„Rainbow Dash, that was great!" I cheered.

„Thank you. But your plane really deserves its name." she said, slightly exhausted.

Now I had lost the bet. I was supposed to show her the city. She asked me if I could carry her because she looked pretty tired. I mean, it must be pretty exhausting to compete against a spaceship. So I piggy-backed her, noticing how light she was. I really wanted to show her something special at Pier 54.