• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 376 Views, 1 Comments

A New Home - Nightdasher1



The Starship SS Nova is sent to seek out a new home and a new future for it's race, the Lunestians. It so happens to stumble upon a seemingly perfect world called Equis but things don't go necessarily as planned.

  • ...
 1
 376

Database Entry No. 447a

Database Entry 447a: Torchlight

Project Name: Torchlight
Security Clearance: Public
Purpose: Identification of a Medium Size planet for colonization.
Supervising Officer: Admiral Helix

Project Notes:

Project Torchlight is an attempt to locate more planets suitable for colonization by Lunestian inhabitants.
Project is to be supervised and reported back to Lunestian Hierarchy every twenty-four hours by Admiral Helix of the SS Nova.
A team of seven are to be sent in an experimental planetary exploration vehicle. The PEV is an experimental all-terrain vehicle, capable of submerging itself if need be to cross aquatic terrain, and is equipped with it's own artificial gravity, in the event of a zero-G environment.

The PEV is armored with two-inches of a steel-titanium alloy, capable of sustaining oxygen within in it's hull due to onboard oxygen recyclers. The vehicle is equipped with a 42" rotary cannon capable of firing 7.62 mm standard rounds at a rate of 750 per minute. The weapon is to be used in emergency situations only, and is only if authorized by the Supervising Officer. The six-tread suspension system is an experimental attempt at designing a near perfect land traversal method. Each tread alone can support the weight of twenty tons, designed to be lightweight yet sturdy.

Crew assigned to Project Torchlight:

Name: Nightdasher
Rank: Captain
Gender: Male
Age: 37 Years
Species: Pegasus
Birth Ability: Psionics
Code Name: King Pin
Cpt. Nightdasher was hand picked for Project Torchlight by Admiral Helix also for his knowledge in piloting heavily-armored vehicles. His immediate family is unknown, believed to be none, but enlisted into Lunestian Military Services at age twenty. When his basic training had completed, he a profession into being a sharpshooter, but his drafting in it was terminated by his own request. At age twenty-two he enlisted as an Armored Transport driver, on a Hunter-27 APC. After five years of service, he was given a position on a Q-77 Predator Tank. It was then he was discovered to be accustomed almost specifically to heavily armored vehicles.

Cpt. Nightdasher is known to have been born with Psionic capabilities, focusing more on defensive styles.
Known Psionic Capabilities:
Particle Wall: This particular form of psionic ability is capable of creating a near impermeable wall of pure psionic energy. It changes with size at the user's will. The only known material to be able to pass through the is concentrated gamma radiation, which can only be made artificially.

Telekinesis: This form of Psionic power is the ability to move and manipulate objects in the physical world, but lifting objects with heavier mass seems to cause more strain on the user, giving slight headaches if used for too long of duration.

Psionic Detonation: This is a more destructive force of Psionics but can still be categorized as a defensive style ability. It projects a large blast of psionic energy in a 360 degree circle around the user, which physically pushes any objects or organisms in the blast radius.


Name: Glass Shard
Profession: Biology and Ecology
Gender: Male
Age: 58 Years
Species: Unicorn
Birth Ability: Magic
Code Name: Icepick

Dr. Glass Shard is a 58 year old unicorn, with a profession in the study of Biology and Ecology. He studied at Sacral University, an academic facility for especially gifted minds. He was believed to have discovered three new species of plant and one new species of insects. He was chosen for Project Torchlight by Admiral Helix for his knowledge of ecology, which seemed to be of great importance on this alien world. His particular species of being a unicorn gives him the ability to use magic based feats and powers, his favorite being the ability to teleport.

Dr. Shard is to be given top level clearance, and access to most projects restricted to the general public.

WARNING: DATABASE FILE BREACH.
LINK TO ENTRY 447a BEING TERMINATED.
SECURITY STATUS RED.

Author's Note:

I felt I needed to give a little bit of backstory, so I figured why the heck not?

Also my apologies for this taking so long, I had a busy schedule the past three weeks, so i'll try and update more frequently now.