• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 424 Views, 3 Comments

Day Of The Pinkie - DailyMe1



A story about Pinkie's life and lifestyle beginning from when she was a filly from Pinkie's prospective.

  • ...
 3
 424

The Beginning of My Life

The first thing I saw of my life was a tiny spark of my parents' coat, also a part of their face, which seemed to smile. I closed my eyes back up again, sleeping for the first few hours of my life.


Ever since, I lived on a rock farm, with my sisters and parents. I never knew why, but I never saw a smile since my first sight. Everyday was now gloomy, no smiles, no nothing, everywhere I look, just rocks and more rocks.

Today, I was moving rocks with my own nose and hooves, as usual. I found Maud, and asked her if we could play. "No" she would say. I considered her as my friend, but I'm not sure if I was her friend. All we seemed to do was talk in the dark, cloudy days as we pushed the rocks. Our father said that we needed to move the rocks from the east field, to the south field. He would say it was important to other ponies, including myself and my family. I never understood why though. I obeyed my father though, as I started pushing the rocks once again. It was cold, and the trees seemed to dance a sad dance, while the wind blew across the sky, like a carpet weaving through the floor. The sky seemed lonely. And so was I. I never got to play any more, and all I did was, well, work. I asked my other sisters, Marble and Limestone, if they could play, but of course, they said no. I sat down, holding back tears. It seemed as if nopony cared for me, nopony wanted to be my friend or play with me.

A few months past, and we were still moving rocks. Rock, rocks, all I see now are rocks. We seemed to have only moved an inch since where we were a few months ago. And ever so slightly, the field that we were supposed to get the rocks to, seemed to become further and further away, making the journey even longer, lonelier, and more miserable every second to even bare. All I eat nowadays, are wheat and oats. I tried not to think about it, as I was hungry and didn't want to ruin my appetite by thinking about stuff growing in the yard. The yard, it was a bare landscape, filled with weeds and dead grass. A few dead trees and other plants lived there. Everyday, I would have to go there, see the loneliness and bareness of the place, just to move rocks. Everyday, it seemed to be getting colder, wind blowing endlessly, weaving through the trees and making cold for the land. I would be done for if it started snowing, because all I could where was ROCKS. I'm not joking. We practically live off of rocks, considering how much we have of it.

"Pinkamena Diane Pie!", my mother called my name for dinner. My name, it was the the only name in the family that wasn't related to rocks, not including Maud. And now that I think of it, Maud is probably the only pony that I'm close to. The only other difference, really, was our colours. I was a dull pink, while she was grey.

"Go wash up, and meet your father and I here for dinner.", said my mother, again. I went to the wash room. I looked at my hooves as I was rising them to meet the edge of the sink. They had bits of dust everywhere with dead and dried up grass and plants, as dirt laid across the top of them like a brown, dirty blanket.

I ate, slept and awoke again to find myself, again, nudging rocks little by little. I hated this process. It took the most amount of work and wasn't fun at all. I continued the process of moving rocks, and more rocks, until something happened.

Author's Note:

Yay.
New story.
Pinkie.