• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 2,722 Views, 30 Comments

Journey to Equestria - FeatherFoot



I go to Equestria. What else is there to say?

  • ...
6
 30
 2,722

Chapter 5

*dream*

Nothing but darkness once again. The darkness began turning into different shades of color slowly. After about a minute, I felt wind against my face. I thought I was falling once again. However, I realized I was not falling, rather I was flying. I looked down, and my suspicion was confirmed. I was indeed flying. I flew through the air, not giving a care in the world. I took in all the sights, and did flips. Everything was going my way. I put my arms out in front of me, and did a double take.

My hands were hooves.

*end dream*

________________________________________________________________________

I got up from the bed with a groan. I walked over to the window to inspect for any Pegasi. None were around, probably asleep. I opened the window gently, and rested my head on my hands.

I sighed. "Why am I having these dreams?" I said to myself. "Did something happen when I got warped here?" I walked from the window and down the stairs. Not a single soul was abound downstairs. I walked across the room to the front door. I opened it and walked outside.

I sat down on the stairs, and it started raining. 'Just my luck'. I walked back inside, and went back upstairs. I realized I left the window open. Cautiously, I opened the guest room door. Nothing was inside. I walked across the room, and closed the window and pulled the blinds. I walked toward a bookshelf along one of the walls. Nearly all of the books had to do with baked goods. I chuckled a bit,

"Well it's pretty obvious what they like." I chuckled. I pulled out one of the books, titled "Baked goods vs baked bads." I opened the book, and instantly I realized it was a novel, involving the adventures of Sir Muffin going on an adventure to slay the Dragon known as Burnt Oatmeal. I gently shook my head. "Wow. The things that can be in a book." I said to myself. I put the book back. I heard a knock on the door of the room. I hastily answered it.

"Yes?" I asked. Suddenly, the door burst open and a shower of confetti shot in. I got caught in the confetti, and stumbled to the ground with a thud. I shook my head, and looked up to see Pinkie wielding what looked like a cannon. I instantly backed away.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Pinkie careful where you point that!" I exclaim. Pinkie laughed. She fired again, and, expecting a cannon ball to crash through the wall, I ducked down. After a few seconds, I heard nothing get annihilated by any cannon ball. I got up from where I was, and looked where it was fired. The table in that direction, previously undecorated, now had a tablecloth with a vase on it. I turned back to Pinkie, who was now going berserk with the cannon. I ducked for cover, and once the booming and sounds subsided, I scoped the area. Everything was now decorated. Cupcakes lined one of the tables, streamers hung along the walls, a piƱata hung from the ceiling, and Pinkie made her way to me and held my hand. The entire room was colored in party supplies.

...wait, what?

I turned to Pinkie, who now had her hoof wrapped around my hand. I looked up from her grasp, and got a spook when I saw her with a set of joke glasses. I scooted along the ground, and ended up a few feet away. She started to laugh.

"Oh Alex, you make me laugh so much!" she laughed. I turned my head for a moment, and began to chuckle. My chuckle eventually grew into a laugh and I fell backwards. Both of us laughed for about thirty seconds. Once we finished, I asked the all important question.

"Uhh...Pinkie, that cannon-" I got cut off by Pinkie.

"Oh! This is my party cannon!" she announced. "I always have them stashed around Ponyville, in case of party cannon emergency!"

I looked at her quizzically, while she stared back with that goofy expression that told me she was full of irrational exuberance. I shook my head.

"Oooooookay..." I said out loud. I browse around the room. Every table had a white cloth on it. One table had a vase, others had baked goods. 'How is that even possible?!' I think, pondering how baked goods could be fresh made from a cannon.

"Anyway, all the other ponies aren't after you anymore! They are admiring one big Pegasus!" she exclaims. I look out the window and spot a beefed up white Pegasus with tiny wings ans a buzz-cut. My eyes went wide. 'WHA?!' My mind screamed, while I kept trying to remain neutral in reality, barely succeeding. All around the Pegasus, numerous mares cheered and stomped the ground. He put on a pair of sunglasses., and with a mighty shout:

"YEAH!"

I stumbled back a bit, shaking my head a few seconds later. I made my way back to the window, just in time to see him fly off.

...wait.

'HOW THE HELL CAN HE FLY WITH THOSE TINY WINGS?!' My mind raced again for the answer.After about 6 seconds, he was out of sight, and peace returned to the outside world.

'Who was that?' I thought.

"That was Snowflake!" Pinkie answered, taking me by surprise. I looked at her, and she looked back to me.

"Uhh...did you just...read my mind?" I asked.

"Nope!" Pinkie responded. "I read the text!"

"I see...wait, what?" I asked with massive puzzlement.

"You really can't see it?"

"I have no idea what I am SUPPOSED to be seeing Pinkie." She points her hoof toward thin air.

"Right THERE!" she tells me.

I shook my head. "Still don't see it."

Pinkie then shakes HER head. "You really need to get out more." She says jokingly. She bounces around giggling. I lust turn my head to watch her. She suddenly stops, and pulls out a timepiece from out of thin air. "Oh gosh! I've gotta go do something. I'll be back later!" She bursts out of the building. I just stand there.

"She has so much energy." I say. I walked back to a shelf and pull off another book, entitled "Hummingjay". I opened the book, and began reading.
____________________________________________________________________________________
*third person*

In the middle of the Canterlot Garden, ponies filled the area, catching a glimpse of a newly carved statue of King Sombra, Celestia and Luna, watching over the ceremony, talked amongst themselves.

"Sister, we have a problem." Luna stated.

Celestia looks at her with a confused look. "Yes, my dear Luna?"

Luna levitated a black book to Celestia. Celestia looked quizzically at Luna.

"I found this in the crystal mines. I know we are not supposed to go there but, thou might want to look inside it."

Celestia opens the book, and sees a printing of a prophecy. "Hmm..." She reads the page, trying to decipher what it means. After about seven minutes of skimming, she closes the book.

Luna makes her way from looking off the balcony at the newly placed Sombra statue. "So?"

Celestia explains. "This book contains the prophecies of Equestria. From how we began, to how the Mareans thought we would end." She opens the book to one of the pages. "This page depicts the defeat of Nightmare Moon." Luna cringed a bit. "The next page depicts Discord's second awakening and second defeat." She flips the page again. "Here is Queen Chrysalis's defeat." As Celestia turned the page, Luna becomes a bit more worried. "This page depicts the defeat of King Sombra and the saving of the Crystal Empire." She flips the page one more time. I have looked over this page the most since it follows the previous events. It reads an evil incarnate of Star Swirl the Bearded, named Star Spiral, will arise, and attempt to take control of Equestria." Luna shook her head.

"We are sure if someone like him does arise, he will fail." Luna stated.

"The story depicts that even the most powerful unicorn does not have the power to defeat him." Luna looked down. "It does depict one thing however..."

In the subsidence of shadows, A new threat will arise, with the lust of a thousand unicorns. This being, the one known as Star Spiral the Bearded, will come to be the most formidable force known to ponykind. Not even the strongest unicorn will be able to stop his tyranny. He will stop at nothing to take control of all of Equestria. He has appeared millenia ago and made his time to try and conquer the land, but was stopped by the regal sisters. But I fear he will return and spread his rule far and wide.

The only hope for ponykind is another being, not of our kind, to hone his own abilities, and vanquish Star Spiral, and return harmony to all the land.

Celestia closed the book. She turned to Luna.

"Call in a search party. Search for the human Twilight and I discussed about."

Luna nodded, and took flight. Celestia looked into the horizon, wondering if he has already arrived.
_______________________________________________________________________
*first person*

I closed the book. It seemed vaguely familiar to a book I read back home. I got up from the chair, and walked to the door. I opened it and stepped out into the hall. Walking into the hall, I spot the two little foals at play. I can't help but smile, but I then remembers what Pinkie said when I first met the two foals...

Yep, they are so energetic, like ours.

I shook my head, and brought my hand to it. "Best not to dwell on it." I state. I make my way down the hall, as they continue playing with their toys. I descend the stairs slowly, as to not disturb anypony. As I made my way to the door, someone knocked on it. I hastily walked to the door.I opened it, and two stallions in gold armor stepped in. They both gave me glances, then turned around.

"We found him Princess!" one of them called out. A short time later, a dark blue pony, obviously taller than the others I have seen here, made her way in. She was wearing a dark tiara, a black collar with a white crescent moon, her mane flowed while giving off star-like sparkles, and the mark on her thigh was a crescent moon as well.

"May I help you?" I ask. The guards rushed up in front of her, giving me snarled looks. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I fell back at their sudden action.

"You will NOT talk to Princess Luna that way!" the other guard announced. "Princess Luna" tapped one of the guards, and gestured for them to go wait outside. They nodded and trotted outside. I got up from the floor, and Luna spoke...which is probably not the right term to use for this conversation.

"THOU MUST BE THE HUMAN WE HAVE BEEN SEEKING." she shouted, sending me back into a wall. I pick myself off the floor, and make my way back to her. I dare not speak, but I nod, though I don't quite understand what is going on. She prepares to speak again, so I brace for it by crouching. "THEN THOU MUST COME WITH US. IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE THAT THOU COMPLY." From my crouching position, I get up, and my ears are ringing. She makes her way out of the building, and I am enveloped in a dark blue aura. I am being lifted off the ground. I hover out the door, as Pinkie made her way toward the bakery.

"Hi Luna!" she announced with glee. "What'cha doing?" She asks, before seeing me hover out. "OOH! Are you taking him to a slumber party! I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go!" she whines. I look at Luna.

"Can she?" I ask. Luna ponders it for a bit, then responds.

Then in an astonishing twist, she has a much quieter voice this time.

"I suppose we could make an exception." she says. Pinkie bounds forward, and wraps her forelegs around me. I sigh.

'This is going to be a long day.' I think as we enter the carriage, and the two guards harnessed to it took flight.
_______________________________________________________________________________

The view was breathtaking. I looked around at the sights around us. It felt like I was on an airplane again. I glanced down at the path below us, and I saw the trail I had walked along when I first arrived. I looked at the forest next to it. It seemed to go on for a few miles.

'Good thing I didn't walk the wrong way. I could have gotten lost.'

I continued glancing around, not even looking next to me as Pinkie slowly rose next to me. She peered out the window, and spoke suddenly, startling me.

"It looks like a nice view!" I jumped a bit, but not too much. I turned to her, and I reply.

"Yeah it is." She grasps my hand with her hoof again. I give a confused look. Luna then calls out to us.

"We are arriving at Canterlot now." she states. The Guard Pegasi land, and subsequently, the carriage as well. Luna disembarks first, followed by Pinkie and I. Making our way to the castle gate, I get quite a few looks from the residents of Canterlot. Some glared, others were wide eyed. Even some of the ponies from Ponyville were here, but they had no reaction, and were just going about their day, except for the one that looked like Lyra, who was wide eyed, and looking at me intently. Luna makes her way to the four guards, and they opened the gates. As the doors opened with a soft, but audible creak, I got a glimpse inside the castle. What caught my eye was the castle garden. It was filled with statues. One looked like another pony, but had what looked like stone-carved smoke or something around it. Next to it was a statue of what looked like a snake. The third and fourth ones looked like ponies too, only one looked like it had armor carved, and the other had holes in the legs and wings. The other ones in the garden were probably ancestors. We made our way through the garden, and to the other side. Luna opened the doors, and all three of us stepped inside the impossibly large hallway. I decide to break the silence.

"So...Princess Luna, was it?" I ask. Luna looked back and smiled.

"Yes?" Luna replied.

"Why do you shout when you talk?"

Luna stopped and turned to me. "This is the traditional Royal Canterlot Voice." She turned, and brought her hoof to her chest. "It is tradition to speak using the royal whee" She turns back to me. "...and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUT SUBJECTS." Her sudden outburst knocked me backward. I landed with a thud about 20 feet away. Shaking my head, I made my way back to them. "Have we made our point?" I just simply stare and nod slowly, and we continued down the hall.

We approached the end of the hall, after 20 minutes of walking, being bombarded by questions by the guards, and Luna taking on a sudden creature called a changeling that was posing as a guard. She opened the door, and we all stepped inside to a throne room. The room was enormous. The windows had stained-glass panes on them. Each one is showing some kind of event. There was one thing that was all the same on each one of them, save for one, is that they have Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity on them. The last one had what looked like Spike, along with a second pink pony with wings and a horn, and some kind of heart shaped object.

Celestia noticed our presence. "Hello, human."

I looked to Luna, and she shook her head lightly in Celestia's direction. I turned back toward the other end of the room, and started walking nervously. I had finally got a glimpse of her up close. She had a gold tiara and collar, her coat was a bright white, and the mark on her thigh was a sun. I stuttered. "H-hello, Princess."

Celestia gave a bit of a giggle, and she reassured me. "There is no need to be afraid." she stated. Luna and I called you here for a reason. Why you arrived here in the first place."

I looked on, and spoke. "Then, why?"

Celestia looked at me with a not so assuring expression. "Our prophecy foretold you."

I instantly felt my eyes get wider, and I couldn't control my voice, when I shouted. "WHAT?!"

Celestia nodded. "Luna, the book please." Luna's horn glowed, and she levitated the book to her. She opened the book to a page, and brought it up to me. "Read this."

"It's kind of illegible to me." I state. Celestia speaks again.

"Look at the picture that was drawn."

I examine the picture. I saw what looked like a pony with a wizard's hat and cape, along with a spiral beard. The cape was lined with dots, which I can only assume were stars. Below it, and the text, I saw what Celestia wanted me to see.

It was a human.

I stood there, mouth agape, and the book floated over to Celestia. "I will translate it for you." She began. I took in every word of what she said, and so did Pinkie.

When she finished, I was astonished. Pinkie Pie bounded into the air. "You're the chosen one! We have to throw a giant chosen one party!" Pinkie yelled. Celestia had a confused smile.

"So why is Pinkie Pie here?"

"She wanted to tag along. She thought we were going to a slumber party." Pinkie Pie halted in mid-air, and descended slowly. "Sorry Pinkie."

She beamed. "S'alright!" she replied. Celestia gave a little giggle. She then asked the all important question.

"So, human..."

"Sorry to interrupt, but you can call me Alex." I state.

"...Alex, are you ready for your training?"

I looked at Pinkie, then to Luna. I pondered. I turned back to Celestia.

"I'm ready."

END OF PART V