• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 4,312 Views, 350 Comments

Ponyville Public Access - Justice3442



The Ponyville Public Access channel is where any and all Ponyville residents can go to advertise whatever they want or force those with a T.V. to watch their antics.

  • ...
14
 350
 4,312

Equal Rights

Author's Note:

MythrilMoth hopes you like foreshadowing, because it's what's for dinner.

Spike tosses a clawful of popcorn into his mouth and scratches his stomach. On the screen, a light purple unicorn mare with a dark purple mane with aquamarine streaks stands before the camera, smiling placidly.

"Hello," she says pleasantly, "my name is Starlight Glimmer, and I would like to take a moment of your time to talk about equal rights.

"In recent years, ponies have displayed an alarming indifference to the plight of equal rights. It has been my lifelong mission, as an equal rights activist, to raise awareness of the very real social crisis facing all of Equestria: the total absence of equal rights in our great pony nation.

"What can be more important, I ask you, than being equal to your fellow pony? All ponies are equal in my eyes, and all ponies should be equal in your eyes. Wouldn't Equestria be a much better place, free of the stress and chaos of everyday life, if all ponies were equal?"

Starlight Glimmer turns her flank to the camera, showing a plain black equal sign for her Cutie Mark. "And that, my fellow ponies, is why I'm here today. To spread the message of equal rights for all. I firmly believe that all ponies--Earth ponies, unicorns, pegasi, and even alicorns--have the right to have a black equal sign branded on their flank. Only through the indiscriminate branding of equal signs on pony flanks--and maybe a little light brainwashing--can all ponies become truly equal..."

Spike blinks repeatedly, then puts down the remote. "Uhh...Twilight? This...might be something you want to look into..."