• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 15,421 Views, 647 Comments

So...What do I do Now? - Dr Atlas



Sombra has prevailed! He has stolen the heart! He won. Now he can...he can...he...What is he going to do again?

  • ...
56
 647
 15,421

Now I know

Sombra was ready, he was prepared for whatever came his way, he was ready to receive whatever pain this bright light would give him, he knew it would happen any second now, the amount of pain would probably explode him into a million pieces, and he knew something like that would hurt in the morning, if not ever.

The amount of time this was taking was very nerve racking for him, last time he remembered light travels very,very fast. He wanted to open his eyes and see it coming, but he knew something like that would be idiotic, no one want’s to see their own death, not even him. So, he waited, and waited, and waited…

“How long is this supposed to take?” He thought “Am I already dead? If so, then that was far less painful than I thought.” He had to be sure, that this was indeed the end for him, and that he could just go to...wherever he would go after getting destroyed.

Taking as much time as possible, he slowly opened his left eye, seeing what looked like…crystals…

Pony shaped crystals.

“What the slaving of crystals in the king’s kingdom…” He slowly walked up to the very thing he would never of seen coming, something he knew was impossible, that nothing like this should happen, but here it was, staring him right in the eye, with a terrified looking face.

It was Twilight, completely encased in dark crystal, and just as he looked ahead, he saw the other ponies who tried to defeat them in the same state, frozen, unable to move, completely helpless, and...very nice as well.

The crowd behind Sombra were just as shocked as he was, since they practically shared the same emotion with him, but they were happy to see this; unlike him.

“T-There’s no way...what...how…?” Sombra tapped Twilight's crystal encased nose, causing a ding sound. Sombra continued having his jaw drop as he inspected the rest of this now fallen hero.

“No, t-this is just some trap isn’t it!” Sombra looked above and around, trying to find some indication that this wasn’t over, that this battle was still going. “I know you’re out there Twilight, you’re just trying to get my hopes up, you can’t just...be...like this!” Sombra pointed at the Twilight statue. “I know that you can’t...you can’t...”

Sombra faced his mortal enemy again. “No...I know this isn’t true.” He turned around and looked at his now loyal subjects; each one of them were either confused or looking slightly brain dead.

“So...uh...did we win yet?” One pony asked with some ponies starting to think the same.

“Yeah, is it over?”

“Can you rule over the empire now?”

“Is it mining time yet?”

“When do we get to the destroying and ruling?”

“Can I use the restroom yet?”

“SILENCE!”

Every pony backed up from Sombra’s sudden outburst. “I know you are all in on it!”

“In on what, master?” One pony asked, only for her to be caught by Sombra’s magic.

“Don’t you ‘what master’ ME! I know this is all part of the plan.” He dragged her till she was inches away from him. “Tell me where she is, and just what else she has under her hooves!”

“But master, we only know what you know, how can we know what you can't know...ya know…” She looked away and cringed a bit, trying to figure out what was going on as well.

Sombra groaned and threw her back. “I KNOW that this isn’t over, that this battle is still going on, that. SHE HASN'T GIVEN UP YET!” He faced Twilight again. “Come on you purple unicorn. I know you can hear me, and I know you still have plans. So...say something!”

Sombra waited for her to actually speak, but the casing around her face was making it impossible. “Fine...Let me help.” Sombra held her head by both his hooves and flared up his horn, and in seconds the crystals surrounding Twilight shattered, making her gasp for air and cough a bit before looking around in a daze.

“W-where...w...wh….why did….S...Sombra!?” Twilight wanted to reel back in horror, but only her head could move at this point.

“Why are you doing this to me?” Sombra growled.

“W-what do you mean, and...d-did you encase my friends too?” Twilight craned her neck to see her friends suffered the same fate as her.

Sombra grabbed her chin and made her face him again. “Nice try, Twilight, but I know exactly what you’re doing.”

“What are you...what are you talking about?”

Sombra wanted to smack her right then and there, but he continued keeping calm and instead yelled. “YOU KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!” Twilight had to flop her ears just to listen to the rest of Sombra’s rant. “I know this is all part of the plan, that you’ll soon have some surprise attack coming right behind me.” He turned around to make sure it wasn’t true.

“Sombra…”

“And I know you have already contacted the princess, preparing for her to arrive any second now to-”

“How can I with Spike encased in crystal?” She craned her head toward her assistant, who was in the fetal position. “He delivers the parchments to Celestia, and I don’t think he can do that right now…” Twilight was starting to tear up again.

“B-but that...y-you can’t just...I...we were….and they...you...you…”

“Just go ahead and say it Sombra.” Twilight looked down and closed her eyes.

“What? That this isn’t over, that you still have other plans, that soon, I will perish and you will-”

“Lose…”

Sombra threw his hooves in the air and walked away from her. “YES! I knew you had some ridiculous plan to try and stop...wait…” He turned to her again. “What?”

“We...we lost....” Twilight looked up at him, her eyes now filled with tears. “Y-you won, you...won...and we….lost...you won, we lost…” She looked down again. “H-how could we lose...we...g-good always...prevails.”

Sombra shook his head, completely speechless. He felt like he did an hour ago, when his throat was sore from yelling and roaring all the time that he couldn’t even say anything, he hasn’t talked in over a thousand years, so it was only natural he couldn’t speak real words at that time, at least now he could speak clearly, ever since that crystal went in his mouth.

“Seems like you actually did it.” Twilight sniffed. “You won. So what now Sombra, will you just freeze me like Celestia did to you?”

“W-well…” Sombra scratched his neck, he was thinking about having a statue in his honor, and since the crystal ponies couldn’t even build a home, he might as well make one himself. “But how am I gonna carry them?” He thought “They could break at any moment if I brought them to...wait, where do Celestia and Luna live anyway?” Sombra looked away and tapped his chin.

“Then after you’re done with me” Twilight continued, her eyes starting to water. “you’ll just….move on to the next city and enslave them, t-t-then after th...that...you....” Twilight looked down, not wanting him to see her sobbing.

“The next city?” Sombra looked at the crowd, still seeing the green eyes, they were starting to unsettle him. “Well, I can rule one city...I’m sure I can...No wait, how am I supposed to watch over two, I’m just one ruler, and there is no way I’m having a queen, I learned my mistakes!”

“J-Just please remember that they’re ponies like you, a-and they still need...t-to sleep and eat and...j-j…”

“These guys eat too, I thought it was just me…” Sombra turned back to Twilight, now seeing the mare was starting to lose it, it reminded him of when he went insane while frozen in ice. “Good thing it only lasted a hundred years, it would’ve been horrible for me to be completely insane.” Sombra thought about that for a second. “A-Am I still insane?”

“A-and please d-don’t destroy her, or...or any of my friends...t-they mean so much to me and…”

Sombra looked at the other ponies encased in crystal and cringed. “Now that I look at it, they do not look that good in crystal, should I....control their minds and make them slaves...No...No they would just break any moment, I know they can comprehend thought,” He glared at his subjects. “Unlike these guys.”

Twilight took in a shaky breath. “A-and Sombra…”

Sombra raised an eye at her, he was getting pretty annoyed at how long this pony was talking. “What?”

“D-don’t kill her…”

“KILL!?” Sombra stepped back a bit. “I don’t wanna kill anyone, how am I supposed to get crystals if I just kill everypony that I see, that’d be the stupidest thing any villain would do, that’d be like destroying the world, why would anyone even want to do that, what are they gonna do, move to another world and do the same…” Sombra shook his head “Listen, uh, Twilight."

Twilight quivered, not wanting to talk anymore. “W-what is it!” She yelled, now starting to really lose it.

Sombra bit his bottom lip, “I-I gotta admit...this whole...taking over everything isn’t working out...so...how about this…”

“Y-you’re not taking over Equestria?” Twilight had to raise her ears just to see if she was hearing that right.

Sombra walked up beside her and wrapped an arm around her neck, without even realizing the crystal around her were traveling down to her hooves “Look, I’m gonna be honest with you, the way I see it, If I take over everything, how am I supposed to be sure every little piece of land is being taken care of, I’m just one guy.”

Twilight looked at him and the crystal around her, it was already to her legs. “So, you’re not taking over Equestria?”

Sombra sighed. “Well, if I do, then it’s gonna be a lot of work, I mean, how are you supposed to watch over everyone?”

Twilight wanted to say the princess did the same thing, but she was smart about this situation. “Does that mean you’re staying here?”

Sombra let go of her, her body now free from the crystal. “I guess, I mean, I did it once before, I’m sure I can do it again, though...I might need to do something different…”

While He continued talking, Twilight slowly backed up to her friends, trying to see if there was some way to free them, then she noticed her now working horn “Guess Sombra forgot about that too.” She grinned and flared it up.

“Maybe I can hold one of you hostage, saying that if Celestia even thinks about coming back over here, I’ll just kill them...yeah...yeah that...that might work.” Sombra shook his head and turned back to Twilight. “The thing that I’m saying is...what are you doing?”

Twilight stopped straining herself in using her magic and looked back at the king. “Oh...uh...Um...I-I was just-”

“You do realize this crystal is controlled by me and me only, so only I can do this.” Sombra smashed his hooves in the ground. Twilight stumbled a bit and saw that her friends were free as well, each one of them collapsed to the floor, completely unconscious.

“W-why did...h-how are they...what did.” Twilight was, once again, speechless at the situation.

As for Sombra, he sighed again. “They’re not dead, they’re just asleep, I’d rather not have all of you awake and try and stop me, and can you pick one of them to be my servant for me, I’d rather have a really stupid one, maybe your lizard slave or something.”

“Lizard? He’s a dragon, and what do you mean slave, I thought you wouldn’t take over-”

“That doesn’t me I still want to rule,” Sombra crossed his arms. “I still want this place, and the way I see it. If I control one of your friends, I’m sure the princess won't even touch me and let me rule in peace.”

Twilight glared at him. “You are not taking any of my friends, you’ll have to get past me instead!” She went into a stance, preparing to fight.

Sombra rolled his eyes. “Fine, then how about this, you tell the princess that I can stop these ponies from breathing if she even thinks about coming back over here. That fair?”

Twilight dropped her jaw. “Y-you can do that…”

Secretly, Sombra couldn't, he wasn’t that powerful to control the rest of the pony’s body, sure he could make them brain dead, but they’d still be alive, and that would still give Celestia an excuse to come over here and kill him, he shivered, still remembering what she did to stop him, her and...her sister.

“I’d rather not have another...whooping from them, s-so just tell them that so I can rule by myself, with no one else to stop me, besides, just look at them, aren't they happy?” Sombra pointed at the still smiling crowd of ponies.

“I...Uh...I don’t really think there...happy...I mean, they are still under mind control and…”

“Doesn’t mean they’re not happy, I’m sure you’re princess will understand. Now, if you would be so kind.” Sombra pointed ahead, causing the crowd of crystal ponies to make an opening for Twilight and her friends to walk through and leave the kingdom.

“I...I...I…” Twilight didn’t want to do this, with her going back and telling Celestia that she failed, it would be horrible, and she didn’t want to let her mentor down. “I can’t leave, this was a test for Celestia!”

Sombra laughed. “R-really, a test, what kind of ruler sends a pony to save an entire kingdom for some test, that’s a little too harsh of a test to give.”

Twilight wanted to object, but he did have a point. This test was very big, and it almost caused all of them to be forever crystallized. “W-well, d-do you really have to rule, I mean, you can do other things besides rule you know. You can just stay here and let Cadance rule while you...help her or-”

Sombra groaned. “Oh no, I am not having a queen, not like last time.”

“She isn’t...last time?” Twilight was curious. “What do you mean?”

Sombra started backing up in the crowd. “What I mean is that I learned from my mistakes, I am not having a queen by my side, they are backstabbing, bossy, really pushy, very demanding, utterly loud, very aggressive, and overall the most evil mare I have ever met, she was so cruel…”

Twilight was starting to regret asking. “What is with him and queens, did she abandon him when he was ruling or something, and who would be his queen, the only queen I know is...wait…” Twilight had to ask, even if it was stupid. “Um..Sombra?”

“And even though she was very attractive, and she shared the same ideas I had, I knew she just wanted me for her own selfish gain. That overgrown bug and her stupid ideas, she probably had holes in her head too.”

Twilight was sure of it. “Y-you were in love with-”

Sombra scoffed. “I wouldn’t say...love, I’d say I was acquaintances with her.” He quoted with his hooves when he said that.

“So you did know her.” Twilight was starting to get the picture, she could see it like a green ball of...fire...heading..straight towards… “What in Celestia’s mane is that?” Twilight was starting to back up.

“Who? Do you even know who I am talking about?” Sombra sighed just as the apparent fireball was coming closer to his position. “I might as well tell you, look, her name was…”

*SMASH*

Sombra was thrown right at Twilight as the fireball made contact. Sombra was the first to recover and stood on his hooves. “W-what...how did...wait…” Sombra grabbed Twilight by the throat and held her in the air. “This is your plan...ISN’T IT!? Throw a fireball straight at me eh?”

Twilight struggled, “N-neah...no...It...w.wahgh...wasn...tn...neah…”

“Well, I’m telling you right now. There is no way that I’m falling for it a second-”

*SMASH*

Twilight gasped for air once Sombra let go of her to see another green ball of fire crashed into the ground. “Wait a minute…” Sombra shifted his eyes. “I know this plan, she wouldn’t shut up about it.”

Twilight took deep breaths and got back up. “W...what are...who did...why?”

Sombra ignored her and moved to the first place the fire made contact, he reached in the smoke and held on to something that Twilight couldn't see. “WHERE IS SHE!”

Twilight tried to see, but the smoke and the now raining green fire was making it difficult. “Sombra, what is it?”

Sombra roared and threw a figure both him and Twilight knew all too well at her. “Useless insect, always brain dead like the rest of them!”

Sombra looked to the sky while Twilight looked at the figure that stood before her. She would never thought she’d see something like it again. It was… “A changeling?”

“Are you surprised?”

Twilight froze. She knew that voice, she knew it all too well. “C-c-c…” She turned around and tried to say it, but now seeing her enemy stare her straight in the eye only made her too shocked to finish.

"Why yes Twilight, it is me." One of her worst enemies looked down at her and smiled wickedly. "I have come to take control yet again, and this time. Nothing will-"

“Chrysalis!” He growled, now storming his way to Twilight, making sure to kick the changeling out of his way first.

As for the changeling queen, she looked up from her evil stare at Twilight and went wide eyed as Sombra got closer to her. “S-S-Sombra?”

Sombra stood in front of her, the only thing between him and her was Twilight, and she was starting to realize that. “Surprised to see me...you backstabbing little…”

“Oh...Don’t you start!” Chrysalis leaned in and went nose to nose with Sombra. “I know what you’re going to say Sombra, and I don’t want any of it, this invasion doesn’t concern you!”

Twilight felt a little unease with two of her most hated enemies sandwiched between her, so she slowly crouched down and moved toward her friends.

“What are you even doing here Chrysie? Trying to make up for your mess at the last town you went to?” Sombra said mockingly.

Chrysalis grinded her teeth. “No, I’m taking my revenge by getting love from this kingdom, my scouts knew all too well about this place, and since there’s plenty of love to go around, I knew now would be the time to strike! And what are you doing here?”

Sombra tried standing over her, but with his size and how tall she way, it was rather difficult. "I'm ruling over this kingdom, so if you really want to rule this place you can..."

Twilight nudged Cadance and her brother. Hoping to wake them up, but it seemed that crystal spell really knocked them out. “Mmmmhhhmmh?” Twilight turned to her friends to see that Spike was waking up.

“Spike?” She ran up to him and got him on his feet. “Are you okay?”

“Wha...what’d I miss.” He said dazily. “A-are we still winning?”

Twilight bit her bottom lip and looked back at the still arguing king and queen. “WELL," Chrysalis yelled. "I know for a fact that I can rule way more subjects than you, Mr. I can’t throw a mare!”

Sombra growled at his former queen’s remark. “Says the one who can’t even support her subjects! Miss...I can’t...help...my subjects!”

They continued bickering while Twilight held Spike close. “Um...I think we are…”

“How?” Spike asked, his eyelids still trying to open. “Did we...talk it out?”

Twilight grinned, starting to see the two rulers circle each other. She could only guess they would fight, and by the time they were done, her and her friends could handle them, so, She sat back, hugged Spike, and said, “You could say that.”

“G-good...cause...cause I thought I would have to...breath fire again...and...stuff…” Spike then snoozed in Twilight’s arms. Twilight smiled and looked at the now fighting king and queen, she would probably send a letter to Celestia during the fight, but she could wait, after all, who wouldn’t want to miss a show like this.