• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 15,421 Views, 647 Comments

So...What do I do Now? - Dr Atlas



Sombra has prevailed! He has stolen the heart! He won. Now he can...he can...he...What is he going to do again?

  • ...
56
 647
 15,421

The Musical Number

Author's Note:

I know some people hate chapters like this
but I'm sure it won't be that bad...
right?...

“What do you mean ‘already used?’”

Twilight sighed. “Someone already sang that song…”

Sombra was dumbfounded. “Someone else-wuh...Whom, and how do you know?”

“Because Chrysalis already sang that verse.” Pinkie said, causing glares to come her way again. “What? She did.”

“Why that evil little…” Sombra groaned and set the mic down. “What am I supposed to sing now!”

Twilight looked around, this was starting to be very awkward. “Sombra, you don’t have to-”

“Yes I do! This is the perfect opportunity, for these ponies will cheer for me and call me king when this is over.”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “I doubt that, Sombra.

Sombra glared at her. “What do you mean?”

“What I mean is that they fear you, so I don’t think they’ll uh...chear for someone who-”

“Not if I force them to!” Sombra grinded his teeth, but then stepped back once he realized what he said. “Force them to….wait…” Sombra turned to the crowd. “Now I know what to sing…” The crowd stood motionless, not knowing what this evil pony would do next, but all he did was make his way into the crowd.

“Now, I never thought I’d rely on these ponies,” Sombra sang, now closing his eyes. "They are useless and unspeakably plain,”

He opened his eyes, which were now full green with no red iris. The crowd of crystal ponies were starting to be drawn to his eyes, not looking away.

“but maybe they have a sliver of potential,

When I take control of their BRAINS!”

Sombra blinked and revealed a red slit in his eyes. Almost every pony that was watching him now had the same colored eyes.

Twilight and her friends gasped. “Y-you brainwashed them!”

Sombra turned around, his eyes now back to normal. “Oh, you’ll soon find out why…” He walked deeper into the crowd, with everyone now looking at him in a daze. He made his way to another pony, waving a hoof in her eyes.

Now it’s clear by your vacant expressions

That the flames aren't all lit upstairs,”

He grabbed her by the throat, with her eyes still boggled out.

“but listen when I speak about ruling!

Even you can’t be caught unawares.”

He let go of her and stomped his hoof, protruding a crystal podium for him to stand on.

So prepare for the chance of a lifetime!

Be prepared for a new age of rule

for a brand new era, is trotting quite nearer.”

Twilight sighed. “Why must he sing…”

“HEY!” Sombra glared at her and stomped his hoof, causing a crash in the crystal Twilight is trapped in. “listen to the king!” Sombra ran back to his podium while Twilight noticed the crack, and the crystal nearby.

“I know it sounds stupid

and so convoluted

when I explain all of it to you!

Just listen and don’t rebel

but be EVIL!”

The crystal ponies, now fully taken control of, cheered and clapped for their king. Sombra was almost too surprised to see that it worked. “Yeah,” a pony yelled, “Be evil! Yeah!...Uh...How do we do that?”

Sombra sighed. “It’s quite easy, you will all help me in taking good care of Celestia!”

Twilight broke her front hoof out of the casing. Her friends all turned to her and smiled, knowing they still had a chance. “Who?” One pony questioned.

“The princess!” Sombra yelled. “The very princess who banished me for a thousand years, and now I will have my revenge.”

“What are we gonna do to her?”

“We will DESTROY HER! And her sister too.”

“So...with no princess…” The pony tapped her chin. “Does that mean we can be free without listening to a ruler?”

“NO, you fool, I will be the new ruler! The KING!”

“Oh…” The pony frowned.

“And soon, all will remember the name KING SOMBRA!”

The crowed ignored the thoughts of fear and sadness and cheered for their king. As for Twilight, she smashed the casing around her other front hoof, hoping that Sombra wouldn’t notice.

“It’s great to forever worship" The crowed sang. "to a king who’ll forever be adored”

Sombra smiled. Now realizing this was his plan, to take control of every pony in this kingdom, then the next one, then the next, then the world, and then he would...Sombra didn’t care about that last part and started singing again.

“Of course, after all this happens,

you’re all expected to take other duties on board.”

Sombra stepped off his podium and crawled through the crowd, Just as Twilight finally broke free from her crystal trap, no one, except her friends noticed her crawling to the crystal heart.

“For this world is littered with crystal~ really need to stop doing that...

All of which, will soon fill me with glee.

To dumb it down to all of you so simple...minded…” He grabbed the nearest pony by the throat and yelled,

"YOU WON’T SURVIVE WITHOUT ME!...that verse was horrible..."

He let go, with the pony being completely unfazed and still smiling and cheering for the king. Sombra then ran back to his podium and sung again, just as the Twilight took the crystal and hid behind her brother and sister-in-law.

“So prepare, for a new era approaching

be prepared for a new way to rule

silently planning;

crystals expanding;

years of imprisonment

shall soon be irrelevant.

To be a king so evil

respected and medieval

and seen for the villain I am!”

Twilight, with a look of determination, ran back and put the crystal back where it belonged, she looked to her friends, who all nodded, knowing full well what to do.

"So get ready to upheaval

and be EVIL!”

The crystal started to glow, and Twilight made her way to the soon-to-be-destroyed king. She looked at all of her friends, silently cheering for her as well.

“YES! Get ready to bring upheaval

AND BE EVIL!”

Sombra cackled. Now truly feeling it, the great power, the plan, the one thing he wanted to do, and now that he has every pony under his control, all that’s left is for him to get rid of the prince and princess.

Sombra smiled. “Well, now that that’s out of the way.” He closed his eyes and turned around. “I think now would be the appropriate time for you to-” Sombra then opened his eyes and wiped the smile off his face once he saw a huge white light come his way.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Twilight smiling, and even though it was a surprise for him, he knew something like this would happen, that even after everything went according to plan, there was always something that stopped it, so, he closed his eyes again and prepared for the worst.