• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 572 Views, 15 Comments

This is why I don't write ship fics - Flashburn37



Twilight Sparkle looked at a list of spells and spell schools she's mastered, and noticed Spike had crossed out the Enchantment school! She then remembered the want it need it incident and has decided to remaster the school! What could go wrong?

  • ...
23
 15
 572

Chapter 69: Rainbowjack v Apple Dash OPOTP

Chapter 69: Rainbowjack v Apple Dash OP OTP

Twilight began to panic as she watched Cadence and the others breaking through her shield. Her panic only worsened when she saw Rainbow dashing through her castle. Her spell began to crumble before she calmed herself and refocused. She needed a way out, the shield wouldn't last forever. She knew of a spell in the Cantorlot Library, one that would let her go back in time for a few moments but only once. She had done it once before, but that was before her ascension... perhaps her change in form and increase in power would be sufficient. It was her only hope, Cadence looked miffed. Canterlot was really far for a simple teleport though... Normally it would take hours of channeling, but in this tower... She needed to delay Rainbow, and one her arcane eyes spotted the solution, the sad, sad solution. Spurned by love, she would be easy prey for a rage spell...

***

Applejack hadn't been this sad since she had received the news about her parents. Slowly she sauntered over to her brother and cried on his shoulder, he didn't seem to notice. Nopony ever noticed her... She felt like she was living in the background of her own life. She slumped by the punch bowl and pretended to scoop up some juice before pouring herself some of her own Applejack's Dandy Brandy that she kept in her hat. It was going to be for Berry Punch but she needed it more now. She took a swig and felt the alcohol burn through her system. Why'd Rainbow pull her affections away at the last moment? Her heart grew cold...

"I don't need her... I have the whole ah Ponyville wrapped around mah hoof." She thought back to her "best citizen" trophy collection. "Well she can go burst a cloud for all I care." It didn't help. Her sadness turned to anger.

She had seen Rainbow head over to the weird flickering green light by the door a minute ago, it was time to give her a piece of her mind! She trotted over and saw Spike attempting to burn down the door, or... whatever there was where the door should have been. A little eye floated down and stared at her. It glowed brightly for a moment before a finger of light shot forward. Applejack instinctively blinked right before it hit and found herself in a strange part of the Castle, or at least she assumed it was the Castle. It was made from the same stuff. There was a long hallway ending with a door, and behind her a junction. She sat and thought for a moment, left or right? Rainbow dashed around a corner and made up her mind for her.

"Rainbow Dash! I have somethin' to tell you!" She yelled as angrily as she could muster. The Pegasus just flew right past her without slowing.

"How dare you!" Applejack screeched. She pulled a lasso from her hat and threw it around Rainbow, pinning her wings. She grinned when Rainbow fell face first on the floor.

"RAINBOW DASH! I SAID I HAVE SOMETHIN' TO TELL YOU!" She screamed as she trotted over to her captive. "And Y'all gonna listen!"

"AJ, I-" Rainbow began as she sat up, cradling a bruised forehoof.

"Shut yer face!" Applejack silenced her, her eyes glowing. "You were gonna ask me somethin'! But then you chickened out and pretended we both didn't know what the question was!" Tears streamed down the farmer's face, "How could ya do that ta me? How could ya show me you feel the same and back out? Am I not good enough for you!? Am I too grounded? Too boring? Well you know what? Your headstrong, idiotic, egotistical, rude, and a narcissist!"

"Don't egotistical and narcissist the same thing?" Rainbow winced.

"SHUT UP AH AINT DONE!" Applejack screeched. "You constantly put yerself in danger for no reason! You claim to want to join the Wonderbolts and you claim to be the faster flier in Equestria! Well? If that were true you'd be a Wonderbolt! For all yer peacocking yer nothin' but a coward! You say you want to be a Wonderbolt so nopony questions all that trainin' when all yer doin' is runnin'! An' now I know what yer runnin' from... you... you coulda told me... you can always tell me. You like like me right? But you like like Sorin too right? Get a load ah that! The most loyal pony in Equestria can't choose between a filly and a foal! But even you can't be in two places at once, so you run. You run from yerself!" She sneered.

Rainbow Dash looked down, a tear rolling down her cheek. She looked into Applejack's eyes and saw the tell tale signs of enchantment.

"yes..." She whispered before slamming her hoof into the side of Applejack's head. She threw the rope off and charged to the door.

Rainbow Dash was so mad she wanted nothing more than to make Twilight pay, and she knew one way to scare the pretty petty purple pony princess, she screamed, "PRINCESS TWILIGHT! YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO ME!"

She had never gone sonic that quickly, or indoors. The world was about to learn why.