• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 396 Views, 7 Comments

Reanimated - SilverMistfim



Follow Compass Rose as she travels across a world infested with cannibalistic ponies.

  • ...
 7
 396

Ch.7: Sweet Dreams

Through the forest we walked. The moon and stars shone high above our heads but the tree canopy prevented any of their light from reaching us. Except for the faint glow of Opal’s horn, we were in complete blackness. We slowly traveled through the trees, taking slow and cautions steps, not wanting to alert anything or anyone of our presence. I begin to grow tired, We had been traveling non-stop for more than a day. My eyes begin to close and I fight off the urge to fall asleep.

Opal notices this and stops. “We should rest" she whispers. "I think we're close to a town."

I walk on, fighting to stay awake. After about half an hour sleep gets the better of me and i fall to the ground. I feel something lift me up and i open my eyes. Cobalt had lifted me up onto his back and was carrying me. "No, you don't have to carry me" I protest "I can walk"

Cobalt continues walking "You're to weak to walk right now" He says sincerely "Just Rest."

I want to protest more but am too tired to do so. I lay, slung over cobalts back, staring at the ground.

“How much farther do you think we have to go?” Cobalt asked

“I don’t know.” I heard Opal reply. “Not much, I hope.”

“Me too, Another days travel and I’ll end up like our little navigator back here.” He said with a slight chuckle

“Hey!” I scold weakly. “Thats not very nice.”

Cobalt only smiles.

Opal looks back at me “You should get some sleep Rose, You need it.”

I nod and relax looking at the ground again. I wonder what would happen once we got to The Summit. Would they be happy when we got there? Would they be mad that we lost most of the messages? What if they didn’t let us in? Question after question raced through my head until eventually the urge to sleep grows too much, I close my eyes.
______________________________________________________________________________

I open my eyes to find myself lying in grass. Slowly I get up and look around. I appeared to be in some sort of clearing. The moon shone overhead and I can't see much through the trees around me. Cobalt and Opal are nowhere to be seen.

"Hello?" I call out. When nobody responded I began to panic. Where are thy? Did something happen? Why did they leave me here? I hear a rustling from the bushes behind me and I turn, hoping to see one of my companions. A see a figure approaching through the trees. "Cobalt? Opal? Is that you?" I ask stepping toward the figure. A loud moan lets out as the reanimated body of a lurker steps into the clearing. Surprised, i take a step back and pull out my knife. The lurker turns and starts walking toward me. Instinctively I lunged at it and dug the knife into its head.

The dead body fell to the floor with a loud thud. I begin to relax when another moan comes from the forest behind me. I turn to see another lurker appear from the thicket. I groan, turn back toward the dead lurker and yank my knife out of its head. I turn toward the newest arrival to find that it wasn't alone. 3 more lurkers had emerged from the trees next to it. I take a step back as another one appears to my right. Then one to my left. Then another, and another, and another. More and more lurkers appeared from the forest, Surrounding me.

"Shit." The lurker nearest me lunged and i stuck the knife into its skull. Another one came from behind and i bucked as hard as I could against its head. One after the other they came. I took them all out but more just kept coming. As a pale blue lurker stepped toward me I plunged my blade into his brain, lodging it into his skull. I tried to pull the knife out but it was no use. It was stuck.

I reared up and kicked a lurker directly behind me which took it out instantly but it also knocked me off balance. I fell to the ground and started panicking. I push myself back trying to get away from the Lurkers deadly teeth. I push myself against a tree and slowly the undead approached closer and closer.

The nearest one fell to his knees and lunged at my neck.
______________________________________________________________________________

"Rose. Wake up. We're almost there."

"I slowly open my eyes to see Opal standing over me. "Where?" I ask groggily.

"To our destination silly. We're almost at The Summit."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapters recently. Awesome Stuff Coming.
~Ink Scrawl