• Published 6th Sep 2014
  • 2,541 Views, 134 Comments

New Faces, New Friends - ZephyrStrife



Fire burning in the depths of a frozen wasteland, our heroes will need to overcome the challenges of a whole new world!

  • ...
6
 134
 2,541

Chapter 2

When Emma awoke she was greeted by the tasty scent of a kind of soup that smelled familiar and different at the same time. After a few minutes of struggling with the blankets, since a bit of her body had gone numb from how long she had been sleeping, she finally began to take a few sips of the soup.

She had to stop herself from letting out a pleased hum when she finally got the vibrant vegetable taste of the soup, from carrots to potatoes mixed with… well… a broth that tasted kinda like miltank steak. She quickly downed the entire bowl, just to set it back on the bedside table and start practicing walking around again.

It was really exhausting… Emma was only able to take a few steps before she could feel her labored breathing but that was all she needed to start building her strength back up. Starting slow and steady, it was only a matter of minutes before she managed to double her speed. With a smile she slowly climbed back into the bed and let the comforter’s warm embrace cover her again. Even now she could feel more of her body warming back up.

Her head turned when the creak of the bedroom door let her know that Gleaming Gem had returned, “I see that you’re starting to recover a bit more of your strength… That’s good, even the little creature you had with you has started to eat again…” He simply smiled at her concerned look. “It’s alright, Widget is taking good care of him, even going so far to treat him with the gentleness you would a baby…” It wasn’t a lot, but it was certainly enough to get Emma to relax again.

“We’re hoping he’ll be back up in a couple of days… from the looks of it you won’t have to stay in this room much longer, definitely a lot of progress for someone who nearly died by freezing to death.” He gives a small chuckle, eliciting a small smile and nod from Emma.

Emma took her sudden drowsiness as a sign to get back to bed so she gave Gleaming Gem one last nod before wrapping the covers around her tightly.

Gleaming only had a small chuckle before petting the lump that was Emma and heading out of the room again to check up on Widget and the other creature that was here. The wooden door that separated the second guest room from the hall was slightly ajar, allowing him to look in and see the one sight that nearly made him ‘D’aww’ right there.

The husky-colored diamond dog had the little mouse-like creature on her lap and she was feeding him from the bowl of warm soup like he was her baby, Her left arm was curled around him protectively and she even had a serene look on her face as she focused entirely on keeping the little mouse warm. Knowing that he couldn’t possibly disturb her, lest he make her accidentally drop the creature, Gem slowly backed away from the door and made his way to the living room.

{[]}

Mick was actually happy for once since he woke up. The warm soup, mixed with the warmth of whatever was holding him, was pure bliss now that he was feeling a lot less frozen. There was even a chance that he might be able to get up and walk around on his own soon. Alas, it was still something that he could only hope for now that he could just barely feel his… incredibly flexible… toes, and they weren’t even the right shape. In fact, most of his body still didn’t feel right. Much of his muscle memory was lost on his new form that he had actually only just managed to realize was not a dream.

He just didn’t let that stop him from enjoying the wonderful soup that he was so generously being fed. A smile grew as far as it could before it started to hurt, forcing him to give the being holding him a slight nuzzle to let them know he was happy. It hurt to even try and talk, and his decreased size wouldn’t let him possibly know if he was currently being held by a human or a pokemon, he was actually kind of hoping it was a pokemon because otherwise he might have a few problems later.

“Alright… That’s enough soup for now…” The creature that was holding him whispered in a motherly manner. “You need to get a bit more sleep to help heal your injuries…”

The weightless feeling of being lifted easily through the air overcame him for a few seconds before Widget began tucking him into bed. “I’ll be back later to check on you.”

Mick lets out a small yawn and a nod as he curls the blankets up against himself.

{[]}

Out in the Living room, Gleaming Gem and Widget sat side by side, both with content smiles on their faces.

“We did good Widget… We did good…”

“Yeah… At this rate they’ll both be walking around by tomorrow.” Widget replies, earning a surprised look from Gleaming Gem.

“Even the little one?”

Widget nods. “Even the little one…”

“Wow… That’s amazing… Whatever creatures they are… They recover so fast…” He says with his stunned surprise. He shifted his position so that he could get a bit more comfortable next to his mate.

“That they do… It’s fascinating…” Widget whispers as she hugs the unicorn closer.

“You know… You did look pretty adorable when you were feeding the little one.” Gem chuckles a little, making a blush spread across Widget’s face.

She blusters and stutters for a few seconds before giving him an irritated look, “I was just trying to make it easier to feed him…” She pouts.

“I think you looked beautiful…” Gem states as he snuggles with her again. “It made me feel a bit bad again that we couldn’t have a child together…”

Widget simply hugs him tighter, “We could always adopt… you know that…”

“I know… but it still wouldn’t be the same, even if we give an adopted child the same as one born between me and you… I just… I just want to be a family… more than just me and you.”

“I know hun…” Widget replies. “But we still have each other and even that is enough for me…”

Gem gives a silent nod, bringing his hooves up on the couch to use his mate like a pillow as the flames of the fireplace dance in his large, reflective eyes. Widget couldn’t help but look at how the flames seemed so clear and sharp against the reflection.

“The eyes are the windows to the soul… You ponies are so innocent, you never have to hide anything because you trust so easily… If only more were like you… then the world would truly be as perfect as Equestria wants to be.” Widget thought before stroking Gem’s chest, feeling the powerful muscles he had built up during his time in the freezing wasteland grow and shrink with each breath.

Author's Note:

What's this!? Le wild Chapter 2 has appeared!? all in the span of a week!? So much wow'z!

But on a serious note, I'm having so much fun with this story, and it's all of my readers that I have to thank for the lovely story, if I don't already have the romance tag on this I'll have to add it now. But for now... Peace, Love and a bucket of Hot wings!