• Published 6th Sep 2014
  • 2,540 Views, 134 Comments

New Faces, New Friends - ZephyrStrife



Fire burning in the depths of a frozen wasteland, our heroes will need to overcome the challenges of a whole new world!

  • ...
6
 134
 2,540

Prologue

Azalea town was quiet, the sparse buildings sitting in silent vigilance against the backdrop of the Ilex forest gave the town a peaceful atmosphere. A breeze made its way through town and blew a few Hoppip into the air.

All in all it was a beautiful day as Mick slept on the branches of one of the trees in Ilex forest, his only company was his loyal Quilava, Emma, curled up on his stomach while the day just seemed so peaceful.

Mick blinked his brown eyes a few times as a smile grew on his face. “Emma… Why can’t more days be like this?” He asks as he idly pets his Pokemon.

She nuzzles his chest a bit and lets out a happy purr that elicits a chuckle from the teen.

“I know, I love you too…” He starts happily before letting out a sigh that changes his smile to a frown. “Now only if more people saw that relationships like ours weren’t so bad…”

“Quil…” She squeaks out before pressing her face to his chest again, somehow knowing exactly what to do to make him smile. Before long he begins to laugh and has to brace against the tree to keep from falling out.

“Alright…” He says as he begins to calm down a bit. “We had better get home… Mom’s gonna get worried about us.” Emma gives him a nod before leaping down the trees, followed closely by Mick.

Once out of the forest Mick takes a deep breath, enjoying the clean air. “You know… It’s air like this that makes it so I could never enjoy being in a big city…” He muses as he keeps walking, waving to a few of the townsfolk, and even Kurt, before heading to his house just on the edge of town.

“Mom! I’m home!” He calls as he opens the door, letting Emma in first.

“Hey Hun! I just got lunch ready.” His mother, tall, slender, stunning woman, replies as she walks out into the dining room followed closely by her Flareon. “Mick, have you seen your father?” She asks as she sets the first couple plates down.

“When I got up he had said something about checking the old well… I don’t think he’s over that Team Rocket incident.” Mick replies with a small sigh.

“You’re probably right… Maybe he’s just talking to Bugsy though… I’ll check with him later to see if he’s seen your father around.”

-{[]}-

The darkness of the forest Mick sat with his team across from one of the few ponds contained within the thickly-wooded area. The sheer amount of information he had to study on a daily basis kept him from doing anything but planning in what little free time he had, he could already calculate increasingly difficult math equations just by seeing the formula a few times, the human body and key functions that were needed to keep someone alive were able to be recited right from memory, there were few subjects that his parents hadn’t had him get at least an intermediate understanding in.

He idly flipped the pages on his phone as he soaked up the information to be used at a later date. A smile grew on his face as he slowly stroked Emma’s head causing her to make a sort of purring sound.

There were three pokemon having a good time just running around and playing in the quickly-fading light of the forest; First was Terry, Mick’s Furret, and one of the fastest members of the team. Next to Emma, Terry had been on his team the longest, and thus acted more like an older brother than anything else. He also had no problem catching his trainer whenever he thought Mick was off guard just to wrestle around with him and keep his senses sharp.

The twin Eevee that were running around with Terry are Minna and Todd, the newest members of the team and practically oozed inexperience with how often they were simply happy to just run around when they had the time.

Next to the pond itself was Eric, The quiet and strong Mienshao. He would occasionally give disapproving looks to the rookies that were following in Terry’s pawsteps… Sadly enough Terry and Eric never got along even as a Sentret and a Mienfoo, Always ready to start fighting with each other for any reason, no matter how silly.

Above, watching from a safe distance away from any sort of accidents that Terry may cause was Shelly, the Staravia that served as the group’s scout whenever they were travelling. Her place was mostly because her brown feathers kept her well-blended to any nighttime adventuring and she could lose anyone in almost any environment.

It was at least a good hour before Mick turned off his phone and got up to stretch, causing Emma to whine a bit in protest.

“Sorry Emma… It’s getting late and we have to get back home.” Said Quilava makes a small whimper again before Mick starts returning his pokemon to their pokeballs. “Lets go home and get some rest… Dad’s got a big day for us tomorrow…”

That night, the world experienced a phenomenon that not even an Alakazam could’ve predicted, an event so monumental that it would’ve blinded a Xatu if it had even tried to comprehend it…

...Arceus had returned to the pokemon world… And he was not happy.

Had he acted without gathering the other legendaries, his children, first, then he would’ve simply wiped humans off the face of the planet. Humanity had gotten the luck of the draw when he finally decided that not all of humanity was bad enough to be wiped away… and to those chosen to stay with pokemon he had one thing to say to them.

“Rest now my children,” He said gently. “For when you awake a whole new world shall be your home.”

If it wasn’t strange enough that almost no one heard him as he spoke, around the entire world thousands of people and millions of pokemon began to go into a sleep so heavy that not even an explosion could wake them.

For Mick, he simply seemed to fade from the world, like many others, hardly leaving a trace of ever being there.

-[{}]-

A splitting headache was the only thing that greeted Mick as he awoke again, strangely enough not in his own bed either. So, he simply did what any other thirteen year old boy would do… okay, any other thirteen year old boy who was conditioned to have an IQ to rival a psychic pokemon… He sat up, and looked around to gauge his surroundings so that he could calmly calculate where he was or at the very least what he could do in the immediate area. So far it seemed to be some sort of very snowed over area, if the blanket of white powder was anything to go by.

Whatever you do… don’t… panic…

He simply repeated the mantra over and over in his head, trying to keep himself from freaking out about how sitting up already seemed like he was half the height he should be.

“Okay… size is not the first thing to worry about right now… first should be getting a point of reference… I’m sure there’s a landmark around here somewhere.” He thinks as he slowly pulls himself up and begins realizing one more crucial fact.

He wasn’t just short… he was fuzzy… or fluffy, whichever you preferred.

He took a deep breath…

...And screamed.

-{[]}-

Emma’s ears perked and her head snapped to attention as she hears her trainer’s scream. She raced toward the sound of the scream. Having known her trainer’s voice for so long she was easily able to pick it up among the whistle of the wind, her inner fire kept her from feeling the biting cold around her… but she was far more scared for her trainer, it wasn’t like he had any fur to protect him.

The snow seemed to pick up the closer she got to the source of the scream, making it so she couldn’t see very far in front of her. Her limbs began to tire from the deep snow she had been trying to sprint through and her breath came in ragged gasps as she began looking around for her trainer.

After almost a minute of searching she finally comes across a Cyndaquil in the snow, shivering from the cold… and smelling quite a bit like Mick…

Despite wanting to question the strange Cyndaquil, Emma’s motherly instincts begin to take over as she curls him up and positions her belly above him before gently laying herself over him like a blanket to keep him warm. She wouldn’t get any answers out of him until he wakes up anyway, so it was better that she kept him warm than try to wake him while he was freezing.

{[]}

There was a crunching in the snow near Emma and she immediately turned her attention toward whatever was coming. It took a few seconds before two large figures appeared out of the storm, She didn’t even have time to ask them who they were before the cold of the storm seemed to sap her strength, forcing her to black out just as the smaller figure spoke.

“Hey Widget… Let’s get them and go, it’s freezing.”

Author's Note:

Props to one of my favorite authors on the site: Zeusdemigod, for his amazing crossover universe and I am deeply honored to be writing a side story for one of my favorite crossovers!

Go show his story some love everyone, I'll end up getting a link to his story in Chapter 1