• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 989 Views, 14 Comments

What My Inner Sweet Tooth Was Telling Me - sunnypack



Celestia wanted cake, but why couldn't she get any?

  • ...
1
 14
 989

4 - Cake Emergencies

Chapter 4: Cake Emergencies

“Sugarcube Corner is out of cakes?” Celestia spluttered, unable to comprehend what the (ironically named) Cakes were telling her.

“Yes, it appears that Pinkie had taken all the cakes, saying something about a ‘Cake Emergency’, would you believe?” Mrs. Cake replied, casting a nervous glance at her husband. He took the hint, dashing to the kitchen to return with some tea.

“Tea?” he offered, pouring a shaky cup with his mouth.

“No thank you,” Celestia replied, with a tinge of disappointment. She dragged herself out of the shop, feeling depressed. Outside a call distracted her from her roiling thoughts.

“Princess! I didn’t know you were here to visit!” Twilight exclaimed, trotting forward to nuzzle her mentor affectionately.

Princess Celestia smiled tenderly at her faithful student.

“Twilight, it has been a long day, I am simply visiting to lay my hooves on some delicious cake. Unfortunately, it seems a pony has beaten me to the punch,” she stated, trotting alongside Twilight.

“Princess, would you like to come with me to the library?” Twilight offered, gesturing to the old Tree-Library structure that dominated the west side of Ponyville.

Celestia nodded, suddenly tired. It would be nice to catch up with her student.

They arrived at the library, it was getting dark but there were no lights on in the tree building. Twilight opened the door, gesturing for the princess to step inside.

The room was gloomy and Celestia couldn’t see a thing.

“Twilight, would you mind turning on the ligh–”

“SURPRISE!” everypony yelled, startling Celestia.

“Twilight I- what is all this?” Celestia asked with her wings still flared in shock.

Before Twilight could answer, Pinkie bounded up.

“Princess! I threw a party for you because I thought you needed some fun, I brought some cake because I knew you would like it, but I didn’t know what type so I brought ALL the cakes from Sugarcube corner just in case. Gummy also told me you liked frosting so I made sure that all the cakes had extra frosting. We were going to throw you a party like normal but then I thought, you never had a surprise party and anypony that comes to Ponyville has to have a surprise party, so we got together and threw a surprise party! So are you surprised? Are ya? Are ya?” she babbled, whilst Celestia threw her a warm smile.

“This was one of the best parties I could have hoped for, thank you Pinkie,” she said, wrapping a warm wing around Pinkie.

“Aw darn,” Applejack mumbled, throwing Rainbow Dash a few bits. Rainbow scooped them up with a twinkle in her eye.

“Never doubt the Pinkie Sense!” she declared, squirreling away the money.

“What are you waiting for?!” yelled Pinkie, pointing a hoof at Vinyl.

“Let’s PARTAAAAAAAY!”

Well what do you know? Celestia got to eat cake that day.

And she swore that to this day, it was the sweetest cake she ever had.

Author's Note:

My little attempt at a light fun fic for everyone to enjoy. It's small it's not adventurous but it's along the lines of something I'd picture seeing in a IDW comic series for some reason.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed my terrible writing.

Thanks for reading!

Next Chapter: Luna was found responsible for cake disappearances all over Equestria, what should Celestia do to stop this conniving mare? Find out next tim- wait, what do you mean there's no next time for this? Lies! Dang.

Comments ( 10 )

Is there a episode that made us all think that princess Clestia is a obsesive cake eater?

4927762 watch the MMMMMMmystery

4927762
In Ponyville Confidential, she was photographed devouring a mass of cake.

4928034 I see...

I'm now happy.

I could easily see this being an IDW comic, it has the right tone for it. Well done!

As soon as I read the word "ruler" in the description, I can now not stop picturing Celestia as a measuring device. ...And yet this still makes more sense than the alicorn to acorn story I wrote.

Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!
To protect the world from devastation!
To unite all peoples within our nation!
To denounce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now, or prepare to fight!
Meowth!
That's right!

Login or register to comment