• Published 28th Aug 2014
  • 640 Views, 27 Comments

Back in Time - DisUsernameScreamsKhaos



War brings nothing but chaos, in time it destroys everything. Discord starts a war again. Luckily, and old friend has a back-up plan.

  • ...
5
 27
 640

A Great War

Author's Note:

This story is just a random idea I came up with. Nothing to say for this chapter except it narrates the present time and introduces most of the characters. So... any constructive comments/ideas would be appreciated. The "Other" character tag refers to numerous other ponies (Due to the fact that I had to choose only 5 character tags. I really need a "Princesses" tag, like the "Mane 6" tag but for the princesses.). Enjoy the first chapter of this crazy story.

"Ugh... not him again!" groaned Luna. It was another peaceful day is Equestria. Unfortunately, that changed when Discord decided to mess things up again. This time though, Discord took it way too far. Discord not only slapped all four princesses in the face, but he also cut down the Tree of Harmony and destroyed the Crystal Heart. This had caused many unfortunate events in Equestria. In Ponyville, long thorny vines appeared everywhere. In Canterlot, everywhere you looked had mist and fog, you could barely see. In the Crystal Empire, black crystals sprouted everywhere. Everywhere else, random chaos occurred. It was the perfect landscape for Discord. Nopony knew why Discord was acting this way. Everypony thought that he had changed after the battle with Tirek.

Anywho... Luna, Cadence, Celestia, Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie led a revolution against Discord. Normally they would have just blasted Discord with a magic rainbow, but due to Disocord cutting down the Tree of Harmony, they couldn't use the tree's magic. Even if they had the Elements of Harmony, Discord created thousand of clones of himself. Discord also had the changelings on his side. So far... things were getting ugly. "Everypony, Luna and I cast a spell that links all unicorns' brains. You will now be able to 'talk' to each other telepathically." said, or should it be thought Celestia through the new telepathic link.

"Neat!" thought Twilight while simultaneously knocking out a changeling.

"Twilight, darling, do be a dear and don't just use the spell for petty comments." thought Rarity who fought against a Discord clone with Fluttershy and Applejack.

"Uhm... if I'm not interrupting, I could use a squad of unicorns in my area." thought Cadence who fought against a group of Disclones with Rainbow.

"I have an extra squad, do you have a squad of pegasi?" asked Luna who was facing of with a smaller changeling swarm with Pinkie.

"I got a squad of pegasi, I'll send them over to your location." relied Celestia who fought against Chrysalis with a group of her royal guards.

"Thanks. Twilight, I'm sending Pinkie Pie over there to help." thought Luna.

"What about you? Don't you need any help." asked Twilight.

"Actually, we all need some help. Anypony have some earth ponies that could help defend Ponyville?" asked Lyra.

"I'll be fine Twilight. Lyra, I'll be sending Pinkie over there instead. Big Mac and Braeburn are on their way as well with some buffalo." replied Luna.

Things were getting worse by the minute. Everywhere you looked it was either chaos or war. The only thing keeping Discord and the changelings from taking over Equestria was the fact that every pony, buffalo, pheonix, turtle, ect., was fighting against them. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough. Right now, both sides were at a stalemate, the forces were equally as powerful. Even though Discord and the changelings haven't won yet, if this continued, they would win due to the fact that they lived longer than any other beast. "Sister, we need more power from our forces if we desire peace to return to Equestria" thought Luna.

"I agree, but who could we get? Every being that still lives in our world is either fighting against us, or already our allies." thought Celestia.

"Auntie, say that again!" thought Cadence. It appeared Cadence formed a plan.

"Every being that still lives in our world is either fighting against us, or already our allies." repeated Celestia.

"Every being that still lives in our world. What if we got a being that isn't from our world?" asked Cadence.

"Good idea, but how?" asked Twilight.

"Didn't we have a trans-dimensional teleporter?" asked Cadence.

"Yes but that only activates when Dusk uses it." replied Luna.

"Then there is only one thing to do. We must return Dusk to the living world. He would make a great warrior as well." thought Celestia.

"How?" asked Twilight.

"We could use a reincarnation spell. To do this, we need some of Dusk's DNA." replied Celestia.

"However, we need all four of our alicorn magic to perform the spell. Hopefully the others can handle the battle while we perform the spell." thought Luna.

"Ok then, everypony teleport to the Canterlot Castle." thought Cadence. The four princesses teleported to the castle. Unfortunately, they were followed by a Disclone.

"What are they up to? I might as well follow them." said Discord.

As soon as all four princesses were at the castle, they retrieved some of Dusk's DNA from one of the hairs that had fallen of on his pillow.

"Are you ready to perform the spell?" asked Celestia.

"Ready." replied the others in unison. Right when they started the spell, the Disclone appeared.

"Oh no you don't!" shouted Discord, he had to stop them from casting a spell. Discord snapped his fingers. His magic had caused the walls of the castle to crumble. The princesses still focused on the spell while Discord teleported out of the crumbling building. The spell was almost finished when the castle came tumbling down. Ruble and dust covered the entire area. It seemed that the princesses were crushed. They had finished the spell, but was it in time? There was a movement in the ruble. Each princess stood up from where they were. They were slightly injured but nonetheless fine. They were surrounded in what seemed like a crystal ball. Right between them, where the reincarnation spell was cast, stood a bat pony also covered in the crystal-like material.

"Are you ready to win the war?" asked Dusk.

"Yeah." replied the princesses. Dusk then used the trans-dimensional teleporter to fetch a friend, while the princesses returned to their respective battle units. The tide of the battle might change.