• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 709 Views, 12 Comments

Sunny Investigations - sunnyday



Sunny Day makes new friends and gets into big problems when starting an investigations service.

  • ...
 12
 709

Chapter 7: Just a Pretty Face

It was the middle of the night when Sunny awoke to something; a shrill crash sounding in the main office. He groggily stood up and looked around for a moment, deciding whether or not the sound was just in his head. After a few moments the sound of a door busting down told Sunny the answer to that question. What's going on? Am I getting robbed? he thought to himself. He had to go see what was going on so he sneaked slowly downstairs to the living room. Before he reached the bottom of the stairs he saw the shadowy figures of three ponies as it was too dark to make them out more than that. Two of them seemed quite large while the one who seemed to be leading them around was a little smaller. Despite everything Sunny's common sense was telling him, he had to get closer to see who these three were. Going as slowly as he could and trying not to get close the the three who seemed to be rummaging through his house, he started to hear them talk as he started to be able to make them out. Two of them seemed to be bouncers from the club where WH1T3 was playing. The other one seemed to be some kind of white-maned unicorn in a fancy suit. The voice he was able to make out first seemed to be one of the bouncers,

"What exactly are we doing here?" The first bouncer stood in front of the unicorn in the suit with a scowl on his face. The suited pony was quick to respond and shove the larger one aside with his magic at the same time.

"I thought I explained this to you earlier. Somepony here...knows a bit too much. He needs to be dealt with and they sent us to do it." He turned around to look at the stairs where Sunny came from and pointed with his hoof. "There, go up there. He's probably upstairs... Did I stutter or something, GO!" Sunny gulped.

Well then. Seems like I actually WAS onto something after all, but now it seems like it's going to get me killed. WONDERFUL. Sunny inched his way towards the nearest window trying not to be found in the darkness. The chances of him being found were quite high seeing as how he was pretty brightly colored, but the two big guys didn't seem to notice him surprisingly.

Sunny was at the window, but now how does he open it without attracting attention? The suited pony was still down here even if the two big ones were upstairs. Sunny barely touched his hoof on the window and it made a rather loud "tink" sound. The suited pony looked over at Sunny and started yelling, "YOU TWO IDIOTS! He's down here! Hurry, get him!" Well, it looks like sneaking time is over. Sunny had no time to open the window and just launched himself through it. The window shattered under his force and some of the shards stuck into his coat and other pierced his skin. Granted the probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, it was the only thing he could think of at the moment. Sunny immediately picked himself up a began running away from his house, trying to make his way to the town hall or at least somewhere really public. They wouldn't dare touch him if other ponies were around was his reason for doing so. Sunny was too slow though, before he could get too far out he felt magic grip his hooves and lift him upside-down into the air. "Ha ha. Did you really think you could outrun me? I'm a UNICORN, I could've just done this right when I saw you. I just wanted to watch you squirm first." The suited pony laughed maniacally before dropping Sunny on his head and picking him up again. "It seems you've come across some important information, and I'm going to make sure you don't tell anyone else. I'm going to shut you up, PERMANENTLY!" Sunny was dropped on his head for a second time and everything started to get blurry. If he wasn't knocked out from constant head trauma, he'll certainly go out with all the blood rushing to his head due to being upside-down and all.

"What's going on here, Ax?" This new voice startled the startled the strange pony and he dropped Sunny and released the magic. The third shock still wasn't enough to knock Sunny out, but it was enough to prevent him from being able to stand back up on his hooves. He looked to where this new voice came from and surprisingly, it was Love Icon standing there, looking upon the scene. "What are you doing with Sunny, Ax?" Sunny realized that Ax must be referring to the pony in the suit and he looked over at him. Ax started to stammer for a moment thinking of a way to explain this before regaining his composure and clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry it's had to come to this, Love." Ax said. "But I'm afraid you're going to have to come with me." Love took a few steps back and responded,

"I'm not going anywhere with you! Tell me what's going on!" Ax simply shook his head and levitated Love into the air. The last thing Sunny saw was Love being hurled toward him. As everything went black, he thought,

I am REALLY tired of getting knocked out...

---

Love slowly opened his eyes and gaze on what lay ahead of him. There were two ponies in suits which he recognized as Ax and Bass. Between them was curtain, obviously hiding something from him. Love tried to get up only to realize that he's tied to the ground with his legs bound together as well. There was no getting out of this by himself. He spoke up, "Ax? Bass? What's going on? Where's Sunny? More importantly, where am I?" The two didn't respond at all. "I'm telling you to tell me right now! I can promise you I won't continue to work for you if you're going to start doing things like this!" Bass stepped forward, his dark shades seemed be covering his entire face.

"We were afraid you'd say something like that. But never worry, we've come prepared for that. And as for Sunny? We took care of him, he's gone now." Ax cleared his throat.

"Alright. You WILL keep working for us. We need you to keep doing your thing so we can use your popularity to take over Ponyville." Love laughed.

"Like hell I will! What makes you think I'd help you do something like that of my own free will? I'm a good guy!" This made Ax and Bass both laugh a strangely creepy laugh. Then they spoke in unison,

"Oh, we didn't think you would of your own free will. That's why we brought THIS!" Ax used his magic to levitate the curtain aside to reveal a purple-eyed unicorn tied up in the same fashion as Love, but gagged as well. She was unconscious, but alive thankfully. After a bit of looking, Love couldn't believe it. It was the one mare he truly loved. None other than Vinyl Scratch, tied up in front of him. Love couldn't form a sentence, he was too struck by what lay before him. "Now, you keep doing what you've been doing, and she won't get hurt. Got it?" Love slowly nodded. There has to be a way out of this.

---

Sunny opened his eyes, slowly getting up. There was blood trickling from his mouth and his right eye nearly gouged out, but there was no way he was going to die just yet, not without a fight.