• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 542 Views, 24 Comments

The Pancake Story - DisUsernameScreamsKhaos



Pancakes. A pony cooks pancakes. This story is all about pancakes.

  • ...
5
 24
 542

Pancake Lessons

Author's Note:

So... I can't really say much... just... pancakes. However, one thing I can say is... read "Book 1: Clex Series; Helping Luna" by MrAleyado. This story is somehow conected to a minor detail the story has. The names of most characters just came to me so... don't bother about the names. So... PANCAKES!

I don't own the cover art, I don't own the cover art of "Too Many Ponies!" and "Luna and Celestia's Snack" either. So, if anyone out there would be willing enough to make me some cover art, go ahead. Any help is appreciated.

It was just an ordinary day in Ponyville. In an simple little home a little filly was fast asleep. The house was nothing grand. It was a regular two floor straw hut with a beautiful potted flower in front. Suddenly, the young filly woke up to a wonderful aroma. The young filly's name was Blueberry, Blueberry Pancake. The filly had a light blue mane with midnight blue highlights. Her coat was a light shade of peach, the color of a pancake. Coincidentally, that was what woke her up. Downstairs, her mother was cooking her favorite breakfast, blueberry pancakes. With a yawn and a little stretching, Blueberry headed downstairs.

"Mom, is breakfast ready?" asked Blueberry in a very high pitched and cute voice.

"Almost sweetie, just a little longer." replied her mom, Strawberry Pancake.

"But why does it always take so long to make pancakes?" asked Blueberry.

"Well, if you want pancakes to be cooked perfectly, you have to cook it just right." said Strawberry.

"What does that mean?" asked Blueberry.

"I'll tell you when you're older." said Strawberry.

"Aww..." said Blueberry, she was now kinda depressed.

"Oh, come on now, here." said Strawberry, giving Blueberry her pancakes. Blueberry suddenly perked up and gleefully ate her pancakes. Of course, she put syrup, butter, whipped cream, and blueberries on top before devouring the meal.

'When I grow up, I'm going to be a great pancake chef. I'd be so great that the princesses themselves would eat my pancakes.' thought Blueberry.


About 15 years later, Blueberry was now a young mare. She was able to put up her own pancake shop. Ponies from all over Equestria came to Ponyville just to take a bite from one of Blueberry's special pancakes. "Andrew! Come here!" shouted Blueberry from across the kitchen.

"Yes ma'am?" asked Andrew.

"I need you to get one of our staff to clean the mess at table 6." said Blueberry.

"Yes ma'am, anything else?" asked Andrew.

"Oh yeah almost forgot, could you please deliver this order to table 1 please?" asked Blueberry.

"Of course ma'am." said Andrew. He then proceeded to give the customer her order and told one of the staff to clean up at table 6. Unknown to anypony, the customer at table 1 was Princess Luna's royal adviser, Samantha. Right now, she was on her lunch break and decided to try this shop, it was the closest one to the palace in Ponyville. Due to her past 'encounters,' Samantha was banned from all the shops in Canterlot. "Here you are ma'am." said Andrew, giving Samantha her order.

"Thank you." said Samantha. She then took a bite from the pancake and was amazed. It was like biting a cake from Pony Heaven. Samantha gobbled up the rest and ran outside the shop, she had to tell the Princess about these.

"Princess Luna, I think I may have found the place where you could bring your sister for her birthday." said Samantha.

"Pray tell, where do you suggest I bring my dear sister?" asked Luna.

"There is a quaint little pancake shop in Ponyville. They serve the best pancakes I've ever tasted." said Samantha.

"Is all this true?" questioned Luna.

"Yes your highness." replied Samantha.

"Very well then, summon the owner of this 'pancake shop' and tell him to bring me his best dish." said Luna.

"Uhm... the owner is a mare and they only serve pancakes." said Samantha.

"Then summon the owner of this 'pancake shop' and tell her to bring me her best pancake." said Luna with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

"Right away your highness."

Back at Blueberry's shop, most of the customers have left with full stomachs. Blueberry was the only one left and she was just cleaning up when suddenly she heard knocks on the door. "Who is it? We're closed." said Blueberry.

"It's Princess Luna's royal adviser Samantha. Could you let me in, we need to talk." said Samantha.

"Fine." replied Blueberry. She put back her cleaning supplies and opened the door.

"How can I help you?" asked Blueberry.

"Princess Luna has asked me to summon you to the palace." said Samantha.

"What! Oh no, I wasn't the pony who farted all throughout the Princess' speech yesterday. It wasn't me!" said Blueberry in a panicking way.

"Oh no, no, no. You're not in trouble, she just wishes to speak with you." said Samantha. Blueberry was relieved.

"Oh, ok then. Let's go." said Blueberry.

"Uhm... she told me to tell you to bring your best serving of pancakes." said Samantha.

"Oh, ok. I left some in the fridge, let me just heat it up." said Blueberry. After getting the pancakes ready, Blueberry and Samantha went to the palace. Luckily for them, a chariot was waiting for them.

"Good evening Princess, to what do I owe the pleasure?" said Blueberry, bowing her head.

"Good evening Ms..." said Luna, only to realize she doesn't know the mare's name.

"Oh, the name's Blueberry, Blueberry Pancake." said Blueberry.

"Good evening to you as well Ms. Pancake." said Luna.

"You can just call me Blueberry." said Blueberry.

"Very well then, Blueberry. We have been told that you serve amazing 'pancakes' is this the truth?" asked Luna.

"Well, based on the feedback I get from my customers, I guess so." said Blueberry.

"Well then, we... I mean, I wish to sample these 'pancakes' of yours." said Luna. Blueberry brought the pancakes to Luna. Blueberry was kinda nervous because if Luna didn't like it, her shop could be shut down. Nonetheless, Blueberry still gave Luna the stack of pancakes. It was her specialty pancakes. It was a stack of 5 pancakes made from her secret batter, with maple syrup on top, some butter, a dollop of whipped cream and blueberries on top. Luna took a bite. Luna was shocked, she was frozen in place. Blueberry was scared, she might have killed a princess. She might have to move out of town, change her name to Fernando, marry a griffon and name her kids Cream Pancake and Raspberry Pancake. After about 10 minutes, Luna continued to gobble up her pancakes. "THAT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER TASTED!"

Blueberry was overjoyed! "Really?!?" asked Blueberry.

"Yes! Could you possibly teach me how to make them?" asked Luna. Blueberry's foalhood dreams were coming true! Not only has a princess eaten her pancakes but now a princess requests that she teach her how to make them!

"Sure! When do you want to start?" asked Blueberry.

"Right now, I want to help you cook my sister's birthday pancake." said Luna. They both walked to the kitchen where all the ingredients were set. However, the kitchen lacked Blueberry's secret ingredient to make her special recipe batter. Luckily for her, she brought some with her for... emergency pancakes. So... the pancake lessons proceeded.

Unfortunately, the first few attempts were... messy. There was batter everywhere! "Uhm... Princess Luna, how did you get batter on everything except the pan?" asked Blueberry.

"This is the first time I tried to cook. You can stop the lesson if you want." said Luna, kinda disappointed.

"No, I won't give up! You're gonna learn how to make pancakes if it's the last thing you do." said Blueberry.

"Ok then, one more try!" said Luna. Luna then tried got another spoon of batter with her magic. Before Luna did that, Blueberry stopped her.

"Try using your hooves instead of magic. It might help." said Blueberry. Luna used one of her hooves to pick up a spoonful of batter. She concentrated extremely hard. The spoon was almost to its destination. Luna poured the batter onto the pan.

"Haha! I have done it!" cheered Luna, marveling at the first pancake she cooked. The lessons were easy from there. Luna was able to cook tons of pancakes, each better than the last. Soon enough, Celestia's gift was ready. "Oh thank you dear Blueberry! Thanks to you I have gotten the perfect gift for my beloved sister."

"No problem Luna." said Blueberry. Blueberry was about to leave when suddenly, Luna stopped her.

"We would like to invite you to my sister's party. She might want to thank you." said Luna.

"Thank you so much! My life is now complete!" said Blueberry. With that, Blueberry took her leave.

On the day of Celestia's party, Celestia was amazed at how not only how delicious the pancakes were but also how Blueberry was able to teach Luna how to cook. Because of this, Blueberry's shop was given not only Celestia's, but also Luna's, seal of approval. The days that followed were sweet, almost as sweet as the syrup on top of Blueberry's special pancakes.

Comments ( 21 )

Now we know how Luna learned....

4900972 Well that answers Clex's question, don't you agree?

Uh... I could make you coverart,if someone hasn't DMed you already, but there is flaws.

1. I do traditionally, not digitally, so I take pictures of the drawing. :/ I can link you to some examples. ^.^

2. I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuge procrastinator. :3

3. The quality won't be as awesome, because as I mentioned, traditional... Pics... Ya...

You can decline, it's okay. :3 I honestly wanna do it to help and find something to draw. ^.^

4901746 I would love some art! How could I say no? Two reasons I would say yes: 1) I want art! and 2) Your profile pic is too cute!

4901746 Also, Even if someone were to create digital art, I would still treasure the first art I ever got (If you decide to do it)!

4901795 Okay! X3 Thank you! :3 How would you like it, exactly?

4901842 Anything will do but if you could make it Blueberry and Luna with pancake batter everywhere, that would be great. :pinkiehappy:

4901859 I could try. :3

Why did some ponies have human names? (Other than Celestia and Luna, which are both.) :derpyderp2:

A nice little story, giving me some more insight in Bluberry's life! ^^

4913405 Good luck making a story on her... :pinkiehappy:

4913407
Thanks! ^^

4913414
Good. Now go answer my question in the PM!

*sees cover art but not character tags*
Wow. I was expecting this to be about Pinkie Pie baking pancakes.

4922116 I did't have any other cover art. Smart to look at the character tag though.

4922128 Normally I do, but I'm pretty tired right now. It's 2:17am in California.

Login or register to comment