• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 1,700 Views, 86 Comments

5 years later - HaloEssence111



It's been five years since the CMC began, and many things have changed. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom are attending an Academy, and everything is more or less normal. Little do they know the dark forces that lurk close.

  • ...
7
 86
 1,700

Chapter Four: Salt in my wounds

Chapter Four

"That was a pretty good speech, huh, Sweetie Belle?"

Sweetie's head jerked upward, revealing a once-thoughtful expression. "What? Uh... Oh yeah! The speech! It was... okay, I guess." Then she emerged back into the deep thought that she was in before. At first, Apple Bloom looked suspiciously towards Sweetie, but she shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing.

Apple Bloom continued to chatter on as she and Sweetie Belle walked towards the the front desk to pick up their class schedules. When they finally came to the desk, they were greeted by a off-white unicorn with an orange, poodle-like mane typing away on her typewriter, a recent pony invention. The mare was so involved with her work of writing and transporting memos, she didn't notice the girls until Apple Bloom cleared her throat in an unmistakable manner. "Oh!" cried the unicorn, jerking her head upward. "Sorry, dears. Didn't notice you there. What can I do for you?"

"Um, how about giving us our class schedules?" Sweetie asked in a rather arrogant manner.

"Oh! Yes... one moment..." the mare bent down to her file cabinet, rummaging through all sorts of junk in that manner.

After a time, the mare shot up again, but this time with two small envelopes encased in her aura. "Here you go, dears." She handed Sweetie and Apple Bloom the envelopes.

"Thank ya kindly, ma'm." said Apple Bloom.

"Anytime, girls."

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle trotted away, continuing to talk. They were so engrossed by their conversation, they didn't notice a certain pink earth pony and her silver-maned companion sashaying in their direction, a malicious grin on the pink one's face.

"Well HEY, losers." said Diamond Tiara. "Long time, no see."

***

Apple Bloom stormed down the hall to her first class of the day, Sweetie Belle trotting along to keep up.

"Bloom, what was that all about?" asked Sweetie, an imploring expression residing on her face.

Apple Bloom pressed forward, forcing back tears of anger. She had never received such horrible treatment from anyone, verbal or physical, before Diamond Tiara came along. Even now, a whole five years after the Cute-ceaƱera where it all began, Diamond was still causing her to regret her very existence.

Apple Bloom looked up into Sweetie's light green eyes, her own orange ones glittering with angry tears.

"Sweetie Belle...ya jus' don't understand." fumed Apple Bloom, looking as if she were about to erupt into flames.

"Oh yes I do, Apple Bloom." Sweetie replied huffily. "Those jerks made fun of me too, remember?"

Apple Bloom stared at the floor, incapable of answering.

"Apple Bloom..." Sweetie started. But just then, the bell rang, causing them to jump and instinctively canter towards their first class. Apple Bloom found this as a good excuse to change the subject.

"S-so..." she puffed, fruitlessly trying to catch her breath as she sprinted down the hall. "What's our next class?"

Sweetie Belle looked down at the two schedules encased in her aura. "huff, puff... um...Homeroom...Room 13C..."

Apple Bloom looked horrified. "But that's way up on the third floor, Sweetie!"

"I know," Sweetie panted. "That's why... I've been practicing... this trick that... Twilight taught me... it's called... group teleportation..."

Apple Bloom skidded to a halt. "What?! If that's so, Sweetie Belle, then try it! Now!!"

Sweetie Belle then stopped, walked towards Apple Bloom, and rested her horn on Apple Bloom's forehead. She muttered an incantation, screwing her face up in concentration. The aura on her horn sparked, then flickered, then finally ignited. A few more moments of furious muttering later, Apple Bloom felt a freezing trickle down her spine, and then one flash of blinding green light later, and they were in front of Room 13C. Apple Bloom was extremely dizzy, and felt rather nauseous, too.

"Sweetie Belle..." said Apple Bloom shakily. "Are you trying ta kill me?!"

Sweetie laughed. "Of course not. I got nauseous too on my first try at teleportation. You'll get used to it."

"Next time, let's jus' take the stairs."

Sweetie laughed, then glanced at the clock. She let out a yelp. "Apple Bloom! Enough chitchat! Class is starting in just two sec-"

They were interrupted by the deafening ring of the school bell.

"Oh, fer the love a..." grumbled Apple Bloom, grasping the knob of the door.

But when they opened it, Twenty-nine pairs of eyes pierced them as they burst through the door.

"Well, hello girls. How nice of you to join us." said a drolling voice from the front of the room. The mare it belonged to was a pegasus, bearing a light brown in color, with a yellowish brown mane tied in a low bun. on her face was a small, black-rimmed pair of spectacles, and the most bored expression Apple Bloom had ever seen.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle stood in front of the door fixedly, unsure of what to do next.

"Well, aren't you going to sit down?" asked the mare. "There are some seats right over there."

Their teacher pointed to two empty seats in the middle of the classroom, right next to some certain filly's,one pink, one silver. the pink one, sitting on the right, was grinning an evil grin. A chill went down Apple Bloom's spine. No... thought Bloom, her heart beating wildly. Not them. Anypony but them.

"C'mon, Apple Bloom, sit down!" said Sweetie Belle in a hushed voice. "Everypony's staring at us!"

"Yes Apple Bloom", said Diamond, grinning wickedly. "Sit down. We wouldn't want to hold up the class". Next to her, Silver Spoon giggled nervously, looking anywhere but at Diamond Tiara.

Apple Bloom managed to walk shakily towards her seat, the one farthest away from Diamond.

"Apple Bloom, come sit next to me. (giggle) I won't bite!" But judging from the villainous look that Diamond was sending her, it seemed to Apple Bloom that that was exactly what she wanted to do.

Author's Note:

Hey ;-)

sorry it took me so long to write this chapter. I had a lot of things going on.

Diamond Tiara finally shows her face! I know that I'm probably gonna receive a lot of flack for this, but Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are actually some of my favorite villains on the show. Seriously, don't judge me for saying that!

Spoiler: in the next few chapters, there will be some MAJOR exposition on the Apple family ( mostly concerning Granny Smith.).
Hope you like it!

Toodles! ;-)