• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 5,393 Views, 100 Comments

War Thunder - cellum95



The ponies will have terror from our battling aviation friends.

  • ...
8
 100
 5,393

Chapter 4-Skies over Cloudsdale Part 2

Author's Note:

Summary: For the delay of updating this story. It was just that I have projects to deal with that uses a writer's imagination. For the story, I would say the plot is not actually great but not that bad either, so it's a 50/50 but you guys can be the judge. Any friendly messages/advices is welcomed.

Note: Guys, pls help on the 'Music in Equestrian Life' project in which I asked on which I would do. Since you guys are on this, I would need inspiration. PLS HELP!

-F.P.O.V, Spotter-

I watch as I could see the very body of glistening body of the attackers. Wings not flapping, just pointed straight at both directions of it's body. A rotating something which is kinda like the ones in a very long balloon, but with an annoying buzz noise that rings my ears to oblivion. But what struck me to the fullest wasn't their body, but their numbers.

Normally, the ones that are attacking the city before were in the tens thousands, but now they are just.....I don't know what to say but an underwhelming few in numbers. What is this, some kind of scouting party? Whatever the hell what they are doing, we must stop them from entering the city, and fast. The other pegasi were now doing what we are trained to do; deploy to stop.

Which I was suppose to do, but my bucking flanks were just to glued to my position, feeling fear and intimidation from these attackers. They fly gracefully, avoiding any of the towers that we're present. Somehow I feel jealously coming in too. However, I brush aside the growing jealously in favor of defending the city from harm. I flew with the rest of my comrades with what we are suppose to do.

-Cloudsdale, T.P.O.V-

Normally, the pegasi living here, whether it's the Praying or Disrespectful Ones, will be strolling the city with a content smile, knowing that it will be a good day for their own personal businesses. However, this day was totally different from the rest of happy months they were used to.

Every pegasi for themselves were running as machines from the air appeared out of nowhere in the outskirts of the city. Even worse, they were weird symbols moving towards the center, intentionally going for the City Hall of Cloudsdale itself. However, there was even more bad news for the denizens themselves. In addition for those 'machines' and symbols, they were not attacked from not one but two sides, making it as the worst day ever in the history of Cloudsdale.

The Praying Ones, the minority pegasi groups, were more responsive than the Disrespectful Ones. Since they are more concentrated in one area than the majority pegasi groups, they could hide in an underground safe house as a whole. The latter, on the other hand, were panicking like it was on hell on earth.

However, the moment when they got their eyes to the air again, they were incredibly surprised yet confused at the same time. The 'machines' in the air, what was once thought to be two-side invasion, began to fight each other, northern front against southern front. It started when a 'machine' called the 'B-17 Flying Fortress' dropped a screeching 'thing' from the sky, making contact with the enemy front, but missing it's intended target. Another 'machine', called the 'Hurricane', was flying high so that it could kill the B-17. After this two synchronized acts, the skies were lit up by a display of fire.

Two different fronts, having aerial 'machines', fought each other who will be the dominant one in the 'Fire Shootout'. The pegasi were looking up and down to see the symbols closing on to the City Hall but one from each front would fire out fire to kill the 'symbols'-which were in fact 'machines'- and explode like some sort moving dynamite.

Whatever they are doing, they're making the city like a playground of death.

-Spotter, F.P.O.V-

I just.....okay what the buck is going on in the name of Equestria?!

I have alerted my comrades of an impending invasion, and this is what we got from my warning. The 'machines' were killing each other, but not like a pony-to-pony style. It was like a front-to-front confrontation and they could execute it immediately. And we couldn't expect that they could shoot out fire. It was just a weird day to be honest. As I my turn my head side to side, I could see the same expression with my comrades, shocked and confused. We were just paralyzed to our spot, nothing to do but watch. One, from the Eastern Patrol Post, tried to attack the 'machines' with a spear.

What happened next was just too unbelievable. When he made contact, we expect the creature to howl in pain but instead, my comrade just pass trough the 'machine', and we just got our jaws hanging like idiots. Back to the present, we're just watching the scene like we're in a movie theater.

And like I said earlier, we're paralyzed by shock and confusion that hovering like total idiots was potentially dangerous for us. I like to shout an order, just to scream to get my comrade's out of their daze. But for some reason, I couldn't do it. It was like the 'machines' have an hypnotizing effect on us. However, at the corner of my eye, I could see Sky Patrol with other pegasi setting up a perimeter between the raging chaos and the Praying Ones' safety building. My heart and mind just skipped as I could see them a barrier for protection, trying to save their faction.

What are they doing in this matter? Well, to sum it up, they're not cowards, unlike us.

-Sky Patrol, F.P.O.V-

Okay this something that this is new to us, but we actually practiced this for a very long time so it comes in handy in a situation like this. Never mind the total chaos that will make Discord himself jealous, me and my mates were focused on the safety of our faction.

Don't get me wrong though, I would respect the Disrespectful Ones for their bravery, but at the moment they are just hovering like a bunch of dimwits. However, thoughts aside I know that they are paralyzed by an emotion that is far more powerful than the Alicorn themselves. As much as I love to discuss this in my head right now, like a debate, I'm wishing that this chaos would be over now. I wish this would stop in a very random time.

As I could see them approaching the City Hall, all of us readied our weapons as Cloudsdale being the first city being toppled down just because of a random confrontation between two seemingly 'comrade' fronts.

We await the end............