• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 5,395 Views, 100 Comments

War Thunder - cellum95



The ponies will have terror from our battling aviation friends.

  • ...
8
 100
 5,395

Chapter 2-Skies over Wonderbolt Academy Ending

Author's Note:

Note: This is the last chapter for the 'Skies over Wonderbolt Academy'. And yes the ending chapters in the future will be like this, having a diary note and so on, making it a little bit below my 1K+ goal. Any genuine, and friendly advices are welcomed.

Another Note: Lately I have been wondering potential projects in my head. Here's the list so you guys could help me what to decide.
List:
1.) Slender story(wherein Slenderman and Slendermane are Scootaloo's/Slenderloo's parents)
2.) Human Music(where our music is played in a specific manner of Equestrian lives)
3.) Open for suggestions if needed.

P.S Some logic here are shit.

-Wonderbolt Academy, T.P.O.V-

In the aftermath of these 'metal-to-metal' clash in their beloved airspace, every Wonderbolt cadet are not going for a flight drill again. Even Rainbow Dash is afraid of having contact with these 'things'. But everpony's attention was not to themselves. Their attention was given to their Captain, the fiery-maned Spitfire. Nothing will give out of reverie in the skies except calling her name out. She shook her head, mumbling beneath her breath were nopony will hear it.

"Okay this is weird." One the cadet's said.

"What's weird?" RD asked.

"I mean, our Captain, Spitfire, will just stare at the skies with no reason whatsoever. Is that even weird to you?" Everypony got their minds reeling back to the confrontation. It was like Spitfire was hypnotized by this 'machines', or whatever they were called.

"Yeah it is weird. Nevertheless we should help the Captain right?" Rainbow Dash said. Everypony agreed to the statement of the Fastest Pegasus in Equestria. No sooner that they agree on what to do that they approached their beloved Captain. Spitfire is still looking at the ground, eyes unmoving. She was thinking too much that even she staggered on reaching a conclusion.

'What are they doing? At first I admire them, and then suddenly I'm thinking of the future of the whole Equestria. What kind of Captain am I?' This thoughts were half-questions and half-darkish in nature. One hoof, she does admire them for their flying capabilities. But on the other hoof, she was considering of the thought that she was a bad Captain because she just allowed those machines to use the airspace as their toying ground. And she just let that happen in an instant twice. TWICE!

Spitfire feel the guilt swelling up to her, knowing that it had dire consequences on her and her team if this is goes noticed. However, hearing hoofsteps towards her was not something very surprising to her. Mostly it was Soarin or the cadets going to ask what was wrong. So when she turned her head, it was Rainbow Dash followed up by the other cadets.

"Is there something wrong ma'am?" The rainbow-maned pegasus asked, which is not surprising to her either. Composing herself long enough that guilt will not override her voice, she replied to Rainbow Dash.

"Nothing is wrong, Rainbow Dash." Her voice is mostly serious, but a tinge of guilt find it's way to her sentence. And making it worse, Rainbow Dash sensed it.

"I know something is wrong Spitfire. I could sense it. Please, just answer truthfully." Rainbow Dash said it with eye to eye contact with Spitfire. The fiery-maned pegasus flinched being gazed by the fastest pegasus in all of Equestria, knowing it's full of seriousness and needs an answer full of truth. Sighing in defeat, Spitfire answered.

"Okay....Rainbow Dash. You know those machines that were flying in and about over our airspace?" All of them nodded. "Well, it's my....uhm.....second time to see them." The Wonderbolt Cadets almost have their colors drained from their faces. Did Spitfire actually saw these monsters the first here?

"And even before you will ask it, yes I did see them a while back, when I was the first here." Spitfire said, turning around. "All of you will have the drills, but within Rainbow Dash's command. I will be going back home." As she said it, she flew towards the direction of her own little home. Those that were left behind were utterly confused as to why their Captain leaved them to continue the drills. Even Rainbow Dash was baffled. When everypony is arguing loudly of what to do, Rainbow Dash only have thought in her head.

'Spitfire, what's wrong with you right now?'

-Spitfire, F.P.O.V-

I was just flying back towards my home, my mind still reeling back to the incident in our airspace. Too much thoughts run through my tough skull on my mind as I still replay the incident's over and over. At first, it seems they are so good at flying in the skies that even me was jealous was about it.

But as I replay it again, my train of thoughts began the thinking process of what does this spell on the whole Equestrian continent. Does it spell good? Or does it spell disaster? As this two thoughts keeps on replaying in my head, my mind replays my pseudo-abandon of the cadets. I stopped flying and I look back at the direction of the Academy. Sighing I still continue, seeing my home in sight. I

As I enter my house, my mind keeps replying that pseudo-abandon of my cadets. What kind of Captain am I?! Captain's should be there for their cadets even at dire situations, not leaving them! I groaned as I go to my bedroom, and my mind goes back to my personal diary. I searched my diary until I found it in my closet, hidden by my mess. Lying down, and grabbing a quill and ink, I began writing on my diary......

-Spitfire Diary, Entry-

Dear Diary,

Not so long on the incident on our beloved airspace, I feel stupid now. The first time I saw them, I was awe-struck with a

little bit of fear within me, as seeing these 'steel-killing machines' light up the sky like fireworks. The first thing I do is to do a

split-second drill on my cadets, which is not bad but also stupid because I use balls rather than the clouds themselves.

And now I'm wondering if I could bear the responsibilities of being the Captain of the Wonderbolts thank to those two

incidents. Am I stupid to let them two rounds of killing at the Academy? Am I that short-sighted? What could I do about it?

These are one of the many thoughts that still rings in my head.

The one who wrote this,

Spitfire