• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 423 Views, 12 Comments

A chance at a new life or just the same old same old? - Belendu Armshire



Follow the story of Belendu as he explores the world of Equis, a land of magical talking ponies, griffons and many others. Will he thrive in this new environment or will he be cast down to the dirt, just another casualty.

  • ...
6
 12
 423

Ponyville? Seriously? That's the name?

Author's Note:

Sorry about the late update everyone. Had some real life stuff going on. Im going to try to get at least 2 chapters out a week but no promises until things are less crazy around here.

Three hours and a cramped hand later, our chariot landed in Ponyville. Let me just say that as soon as I felt the thing lift off the ground, I nearly had a heart attack. It was only the soothing words of Berry that kept me from bailing three seconds after takeoff.

It didn't take long to land, and it could have been a bit smoother. But all in all it seemed to be a good mode of transportation. The door opened from the outside by the same stallion. I smiled and thanked him as I stepped out, followed close by Berry. We had apparently landed on a hill overlooking the sleepy town of Ponyville. Berry had informed me of the towns name and what to generally expect when we get here. I cant say i'm surprised.

The town didn't look overly large, which was to be expected. There were just over 50 buildings in total, give or take ten or so. A few buildings were larger than others, and there were some that weren't in the town at all. I could see a few buildings on the edges of town. One that, even from this distance, could tell its a farm. Barn, fields and all. There was another that looked like a hobbit house, half hill and half tree. A few more buildings of note stood out to me but I was interrupted from my study of the town by a brown cloth back held up in the hoof of one of the guards.

"Princess Luna told us to give this to you." He seemed to have an exasperated look on his face, as though he was sick of guiding around the 'freak' or whatever they are considering me as. I took the bag with a smile and opened the top up. Inside was a small pile of golden coins, probably around 20 or so. On one side was Celestias face, crafted out of gold with no coloring. On the other was a stamp of said sun gods butt tattoo. I seriously need to ask about these butt things. Every single pony that I see has one.

I closed the bag and look back at the guard. "Thank you sir. Have a good flight back." He nodded at that and ruffled his... feathers? How am I not noticing this stuff? I really need to pay more attention. The guard headed back to his spot next to his partner and hitched back up. I stopped paying attention after that and turned back to the town with a smile. "Well Berry. You ready to go meet some people?"

She gave me a strange look. "I'm ready to meet some ponies.... Yes..." I rolled my eyes at that and gestured for her to go ahead and lead me. Her signature smile returned and she trotted ahead of me with a skip in her step. I chuckled a bit and followed behind, taking in her maids outfit.

"Why are you still wearing that by the way? I figured you would be wearing something more practical since you're my 'guide'" I tilted my head slightly, confused about the whole situation. I mean honestly? A guide? If it weren't for the fact that Berry is nice and that the princesses have magic powerful enough to raise the sun and moon, I would have booked it out at the first sign of freedom.

Berry giggled at me and ruffled the maids outfit "I like it. Its been my uniform for six years now so it would feel strange to wear anything else." I nodded in understanding. I didn't write it in my previous journal entries but berry and I had a long talk on the carriage ride here. Apparently she worked as a maid for the past six years and before that was raised in an orphanage. A head maid in the castle itself found her cleaning something in the orphanage and decided to take her in as a student/daughter. That was only six years ago, meaning that Berry is a little naive at times. But shes bubbly and has a good sense of humor so it balances out.

By that time we had reached the edge of town, getting many strange looks. Some fearful, some cautious, some curious, but all watching me. I hunched my shoulders, not used to the close attention I was getting, though I can say I was glad to have Berry at my side. I think without her being there the locals would have already gotten the pitchforks and torches to turn me into burnt Swiss cheese. Berry on the other hand, seemed completely unaffected by the stares. Even going so far to wave at a few towns people that she must have known.

I on the other hand just kept my head down and shuffled past them, keeping Berry in view while keeping my eyes on the ground. Eventually the torment stopped when I bumped into Berrys behind. She eeped and I hopped back. "Sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going. Heh...." I scratched the back of my head awkwardly and looked up to see why she stopped.

Apparently we had reached our destination. A tree.... Well... Half tree. The thing had a door, a couple windows, and a balcony with a telescope on it. The front door of it opened to reveal a purple unicorn. Or maybe lavender, i'm not so good with colors to be honest. Her hair was a darker purple color with a pink stripe going through it. Her eyes nearly matched the color of her mane. And on her butt was one of those tattoo things, a large purple star with five smaller white ones surrounding it.

Said woman.... well mare I guess. Said mare looked at Berry with slight recognition, but when her eyes landed on me... God... I was expecting fear, caution, suspicion. Not... Well to be honest I recognized that look from the scientists. Her eyes lit up with excitement and her horn started glowing. Before I could get even a word in, she surrounded me with the glow and drug me into the house and down to the basement where I was thrown onto a table and had some sort of instruments attached to me, measuring all sorts of things while she rattled off numbers with an amused Berry standing behind her.

Will I ever get a normal day in this place?..... The loud bestial roar I just heard outside probably answers that question well enough...