• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 392 Views, 8 Comments

An Autumn Leaf in the Wind - sstwins



The wind follows the life of one pony, revealing that their lives are more closely intertwined than either thinks.

  • ...
0
 8
 392

Epilogue

I am.

I am nothing, and I am everything.

I have no true form, yet I can see.

I cannot form words, but I can feel emotions.

I can tell the difference between good and evil, though I am neither myself.

I can create mighty storms, or gentle breezes that only just ruffle the leaves on a tree.

And though I have lived for an unmeasurable amount of time, I can still be affected by one life.

And the strength of character in one small pony can inspire me to be better myself.

Even the strongest of breezes can be affected by a single

Autumn Leaf.

Comments ( 8 )

This is really, really good. I absolutely loved the folktale vibe it gave me, and you really made every word count. Every character had a fascinating depth to them—even the minor ones like Storm Cloud and Autumn's mother enamored me. And while the plot was a touch predictable, your execution was spot on. I especially loved how you built up to the moment where the wind managed to pick up the pencil and draw for Autumn. That was probably my favourite moment.

In short, I think I have a new favourite story from this contest! Best of luck to ya.

Also, you definitely win for the most unique perspective in this contest. Other species are one thing, plants are another, and lifeless, immobile objects are something else entirely. But a force of nature? Really didn't see that one coming. Kudos.

4858499 Thank you SO MUCH!!! :pinkiehappy:I was honestly really nervous about how my story would measure up, but you saying that really cheered me up!!! I don't know what else to say, just THANK YOU!!! :heart:

4858511
Glad I could make you happy! This story really is—in my opinion—leagues better than the other stories I've read in the contest. Better than my entry for sure, heh.

4858531 Really? You flatter me!!!

Which story was yours? I'd like to check it out!!! :yay:

4858569
I wrote a little ditty about Cadance and a dragon called Her Scarf Fluttered in the Absence of Wind.

And I just now realized that both of our stories' titles incorporate wind! Obviously it's much more important to yours, but still a neat little coincidence. Fancy that!

I very much enjoyed the unique perspective you provided for the contest and how you built up the story until the wind drew that message for Autumn Leaf.
I have only read a handful of entries so far, but you did well :)
I can only hope i did the same ^-^

I was kind of hopeing that the story will carry on and follow Leaf's life until he grew old and died.

Only for him to be cremated and his ashes be scattered in the Wind.

Nice story, but I felt it could use more in the way of embellishment. (I know it was written for the contest, but still.) Also would like to point out that wind and other such things are created by pegasi in Equestria, but I won't fault you for that.
4898463 And that's actually not bad

Login or register to comment