• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 3,821 Views, 102 Comments

Star Wars: Among Terror - RadioBug15



A Jedi-turned Sith is betrayed by the Emperor and is on the run as a criminal, but as he is being chased by Imperial TIE Fighters, he crash lands in a world full of talking ponies...

  • ...
18
 102
 3,821

Chapter 1: Crash Landing

“A Jedi’s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan’s apprentice.”
- Yoda

I do not own MLP: FIM or Star Wars, both are owned by their respected owners Hasbro and George Lucas.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

All was quiet in the Galaxy, usually because you can't hear sound in space, but it was the silence of the Jedi, slaughtered under the order of Emperor Palpatine by his army of clones, there were few who survived and are desperately trying, but that silence was fragile.

*WHOOSH*

Even the sound of a damaged transport ship flying through space can break that silence.

A man was sitting in his quarters, meditating silently to himself. This man was Kane Leumai, a Master of the Jedi Order, one of the very few. It was the middle of the night, but he couldn't sleep; as wise as he already was, he was still curious about the Force, an invisible manifestation that was, yet, everywhere, capable of doing the impossible; but the Jedi limit it because of it's more... darker side, the Dark Side of the Force; clever name right? It left those who have fallen under it with an unending hunger for power, but he wanted to find a way to harness it without submitting to it's will.

What followed was more ships, Imperial TIE Fighters they were called.

The footsteps of a Jedi Sentinel resonated throughout the halls of a Jedi Temple, this one particular Shadow-Class Sentinel sensed darkness within the very Temple, and it came from one of the training rooms. The Sentinel watched in shock as Jedi Master, no, Former Jedi Master Kane Leumai, had began creating the basic form of Force Lighting, intimidating bright but silently crackling blue energy; the Sentinel's first reaction was to ignite his lightsaber and face this fallen jedi, but he had the intellect to turn and warn the entire Temple.

"Don't bother, they know what I'm doing, any second a group of Jedi Knights will storm in and attempt to arrest me," a dark voice spoke to the Sentinel, "But in the meantime, let's have some fun."

Former Master Leumai stood up and turned to face the Jedi, looking straight at him with sadistic yellow eyes, the light of a green-hued lightsaber piercing the darkness.

"Deimos, we have trouble," the woman aboard the ship shouted to Lord Deimos.

"What kind of trouble?"

"The Hyperdrive is broken."

Kane's first mission to learn to harness the Dark Side of the Force was to find Darth Sidious, but the way to find him was to find his associates, an apprentice for example.

Someone like Count Dooku.

Damn, Deimos mentally cursed himself, this transport ship was barely intact and needed repairs. He couldn't use a TIE Fighter because the girl, Sana, owed a debt, he saved her life shortly after he was betrayed by Sidious.

"Do we have enough power to get to a nearby planet?" the former Sith Lord asked her, desperate for solutions.

"We might have enough but we're too far from any civilized planets, we'll have to land somewhere in the unknown region of the galaxy, it's either that or we're blasted to pieces from Imperial ships," Sana informed me.

Silence filled the entire ship at the options.

"Take us in," Deimos answered.

5 years have passed after Emperor Sidious had secretly taken in Kane Leumai, renaming him Darth Deimos, he was capable of such promise and power, learning quickly to utilize the Dark Side; even replacing his former green power crystal with a synthetic red crystal to prove that he was indeed a Sith.

"Master Sidious," Kane said, bowing before his master after finishing his training.

"Rise Leumai," Palpatine ordered the fallen Jedi.

Kane got up and stood at full height, "Yes, my lord."

"It is time, you are no longer the broken shell of the man Kane Leumai, you are reluctant, you are ruthless and strong in the force. You will now and forever be called Darth Deimos, an embodiment of death," Sidious announced.

"Thank you Master, but what exactly does 'Deimos' mean?" Kane asked curiously, questioning his master.

"It is an old word from a place far away, it is the name of one of their pagan gods, it means 'terror', for you will strike fear into the very souls of those around you. Now, I have an assignment for you, to test your worth."

"Anything and I will accomplish it." Lord Deimos said.

Sidious cackled, "Such confidence, but you still have much to learn, even as a Sith Lord. Now, your mission is to capture a Jedi Knight on the Outer Rim, a young one, fairly an easy assignment, but she has been causing trouble with my plans; when you have her, bring her and I will see to her personally."

"If I may ask, who is my target?"

"A Miraluka named Sana Un'iomen."

"Is it working?" Deimos asked Sana.

"I think, I'm not a mechanic!" She yelled at him.

"Just be quiet and get back to working on repairing any damage, we're about to enter the atmosphere!" He yelled back.

Dooku was dead, Order 66 has been initiated, and Lord Sidious has a new apprentice, someone named Vader; all of this was 5 years ago. Deimos was meditating in a large private room, a habit he used to do as a Jedi, but he actually liked it when he wasn't doing the usual 'crushing any resistance against the Empire'.

The doors slid open revealing Vader, Lord Sidious and three his Royal Guards, only something was different about them.

They wore black.

"Deimos, there has been a... change of plans, the Sith code stated that there can only be two sith, and Lord Vader is much superior in the Force than you," Sidious grinned maliciously.

"What do you mean?" he demanded, suspicious of his intentions.

"There can only be one of you," Sidious cackled his deranged, raspy laughter

Deimos understood now, he was to be eliminated, Vader now knows of his presence now, given that he is standing ten feet in front of him. Deimos's anger began rising to the brim, he then stood up and faced him. The Sith lord took one of his lightsabers and turned it on, the blade ignited, giving off a red glow. Vader did the same.

"We're entering the atmosphere!" Sana yelled at Deimos.

"I can see that, I'm not blind," he said to her.

"That is not funny," Sana snapped, readjusting the blindfold over her lack of eyes.

"I don't see how it is offensive, your species is born without them."

"But-" Sana tried to say.

"Just get back to fixing the damned ship!" he yelled at her, she was about to speak until she considered the other option and got back to repairing the ship.

Vader was an impressive fighter, but Deimos had the upper hand in lightsaber combat due to Vader's motor function limits; Vader swung hard trying to vertically slice him down the middle, but Deimos lifted his blade to block and tried to stab at Vader, only to be blocked, he then slashed at Vader, but the Sith had barely moved aside.

Deimos instead just managed to clip Vader's cape.

It was Vader's turn for the advantage, he used the Force to lift him up into the air and began suffocating him with the Force Choke, Deimos was struggling for air, he used a Force Push to temporarily distract Vader. Deimos then reactivated his blade and brought it down only for Vader to make a cut in his leg.

Enraged, Deimos resorted to Force Lighting, catching Vader off-guard, the black-masked Dark Lord began kneeling over in pain.

Sidious however did not like how this battle was turning out, he motioned to his Shadow Guards, who then activated their Lightsaber Pikes and began approaching Deimos, who was caught off guard by their sudden lightsaber additions. He Pushed Vader aside and began to deal with these new foes, Pulling Vader's lightsaber into his other hand and activated it, the Shadow Guards then began slashing at him.

As each one of them clashed against the sith, Deimos came to the conclusion that their fighting techniques were almost primitive, Deimos could easily dodge their blades, toying with them, they could have such potential, but what stopped them?

Deimos finally killed one by stabbing it through the chest, switched to a reverse grip, spun around and performed a Sai Cha on the second, or as he liked to call it: beheading, he then used the weight of both his and Vader's lightsabers to slash down on the last's lightsaber, weakening his stance, he then knocked it out of his hand and performed an x-slash starting at the base of the neck, killing him instantly, Deimos then walked over to each of the guard's sabers and picked them up, fitting trophies.

Deimos then looked at Sidious, pointing a saber at him, "Your turn."

But Vader's lightsaber was then pulled out of his hand and into it's original owner, fully recovered and standing at full height.

"Figures you would get back up, but anyway, ready for more?" Deimos challenged as Sidious left the room, cackling to himself.

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!" Deimos yelled as the metal that protected the ship from high atmospheric temperature flew apart, the ship crashed into a forest, leaving a smoking wreck as TIE Fighters retreated back to the Death Star.

Deimos regretted the rematch against Vader, he was covered in burns and cuts and he had to retreat while being chased by Stormtroopers who had suprisingly terrible accuracy. He had to run to survive or he would have to face Vader again.

Minutes later he managed to get far enough, but he felt something in the Force, not the Darkness that shrouded the Emperor or Vader, but of light, but it was fairly weak; he began following it through twists and turns through the space station of planetary destruction, avoiding Stormtroopers and hiding his Force presence if he felt Vader getting near.

Deimos opened one of the doors, it was a torture chamber, how fitting, if it was a Jedi, then this would be the second easiest place to find one, the first easiest was six feet underground in a coffin, according to standard burials that were not Force-related. Inside was a woman wearing tattered prisoner clothing, her hands hung by shackles and wearing a dirty blindfold and a neural headband that blocked force abilities, she lifted her head and looked straight at him.

"You," she said.

"I sensed a presence in here, are you a Jedi?" he asked her. Deimos wasn't like other Sith Lords, always using torture as means of getting what they want, he usually decided to use more alternate forms, disguising himself as a kind and polite man when he's actually a cold-blooded murderer working for someone much worse.

"I was until I was captured and tortured repeatedly by those torture droids, I was taken by a Sith Lord, do I look familiar?" She asked me in a rough tone.

Deimos looked at her and realized she DID look familiar, she was the girl he had captured on one of his earlier missions.

"My name is Deimos, formerly Darth Deimos, I'm now a criminal, I will spare your life and help you escape if you help me," he offered.

"What do you want in return?" She asked.

"All in good time, I will decide when your debt is finished," Deimos removed the headband and unlocked the chains that kept her imprisoned, he was about to remove her blindfold until she stopped him.

"I'm a Mariluka, I would like to keep the blindfold," she stated, Deimos simply shrugged his shoulders, handed her one of the Shadow Guard Lightsaber pikes and continued their means of escaping.

"We have to get off this ship," Deimos told her.

*BOOM*

Parts of the ship exploded, leaving behind nothing but rubble and ash, Deimos and Sana stepped out the ship, Sana was fine but Deimos had a horrible migraine, clutching his head in pain, when the pain resided, he looked around at his surroundings.

"Where are we?"

Author's Note:

This is my first fic, I would like some constructive criticism but please don't flame me to death.

Also, Sana was found in an Imperial ship, the Death Star was far from completion at the time.