• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 13,522 Views, 547 Comments

Equestria Girls: Battle of Gods - The Zebra Hybrid



In a alternate universe where Lord Beerus actually destroyed Earth, Goku and Vegeta are sent in to another universe where they must adapt to their new home.

  • ...
64
 547
 13,522

PreviousChapters Next
Saga 1: Practice and Nightmares

Battle of Gods Saga

Applejack's Barn

Goku and Vegeta covered their ears in pain as the Rainbooms practiced. Vegeta was growling under his breath, Sunset turned down the volume to the speaker, Spike whined as he folded down his ears with his paws, and Goku was trying so hard to keep a smile plastered on his face, but he never knew someone could sound this terrible. he rather listen to Piccolo do karaoke again. When they stopped Goku and Vegeta took a sigh of relief that the torture was over.

"We can't go on like this?!" shouted Rainbow throwing her arms in the air.

"Maybe if we practice ah' little more, we might have ah' shot." said Applejack.

"Well, if we don't pick it up soon my band won't even make it past the first round!"

"Ya' mean our band right?"

"Yeah, whatever."

"Uhmm, maybe we can play my song." asked Fluttershy with a squeak.

"That sounds good Flutters, but we are already doing Twi's counterspell song."

"Oh, ok, sorry I asked." gloomed Fluttershy as Twilight gave a nervous smile. The truth was she hadn't even started the song yet, let alone trying to put a counter spell in it. All her friends were counting on her to make this spell but what if she fails? The the Dazzlings would take over the school and probably the whole town.

"Maybe we have to look more presentable?" suggested Rarity quickly putting on a stylish outfit behind a rack of clothes.

"Or we might need more confetti to give it more pazazz!" exclaimed Pinkie.

"Well I think you guys sounded great! What do you guys think?" said Spike looking to Goku, Vegeta, and Sunset.

"Umm, I agree?"

"Uhrm, great effort?"

"Terrible." every ones eyes all then went to Vegeta with his arms crossed and eyes closed. Vegeta then stood up now noticing that he was the center of attention and opened his eyes with a serious scowl.

"You'll never win playing like that, you're better off letting me and Kakarot deal with the problem you'll only get in the way." explained Vegeta only to get a glare from Rainbow Dash.

"And what makes YOU think we're backing off! We worked hard for this!" shouted Rainbow

"I don't care! You are not doing this."

"And why is that!"

"Because you'll I don't want anything bad to happen to you!" yelled Vegeta as the barn became completely silent. Rainbow's eyes went wide and so did the others. Rainbow was astonished, does he really care for her that much? Her expression softened as she walked slowly to Vegeta who simply turned away and walked toward the barn door.

"If you want to kill yourself go on ahead, like I care." said Vegeta as he charged up his ki and shot off into the sky.The entire barn was silent Rainbow wiped a tear as she tried to hold it together. Goku placed a hand on Rainbow's shoulder.

"Hey don't worry, he just needs to blow off some steam." explained Goku, "and even if he doesn't want to admit it he really does care for you....all of you and so do I, but I am going have to agree with Vegeta the Dazzlings are dangerous and you could get hurt or even worse." The girls and spike hung their heads in shame. "but if you guys are willing to take the risk, I'm in for it." The girls expressions brightened up a little as they all gave Goku a group hug. Goku chuckled nervously as he slowly squirmed himself out. He then turned to Rainbow glancing at the sky where Vegeta had flown off.

"Don't worry I'll talk to him." said Goku as he flew off.

"So what do we do know?" asked Spike.

"We should keep practicing, and Pinkie if it's ok, we can sleep over at your house tonight." said Twilight.

"Yeperooonie!" approved Pinkie.

"What about Goku and Vegeta?" asked Sunset.

"Oh don't worry, Mr. and Mrs. Cake won't mind at all!"

"All right, then we should get back to work." said Sunset as the rest of the group nodded and grabbed their instruments as Pinkie started shouted in the air banging her drum sticks together.

"A ONE! A TWO! A SCOODA-LOODLA-DOO!"

"Nnope!" said Big mac from outside quickling getting distance from the barn,


Some Wasteland

Vegeta had lost track at how long he had been flying, as long as he blew off some steam he'll be fine. He already is stuck in his super saiyan form and Rainbow wants to get herself hurt. Not like he cared he is the prince of all saiyans, super saiyan, and one of the most powerful warriors that have ever existed. So why does he feel so empty inside.

Vegeta stopped flying and landed, then looked over his surroundings. It was a canyon filled with rock like structures, kind of like the on back on his earth. He winced at the memories of that place, all his friends his family, Trunks, Dr.Briefs, that blonde women that never aged, and......Bulma. Vegeta clenched his fists in anger at the thought of her, and then suddenly an image of Rainbow Dash came into his head, he slowly unclenched his fists and noticing that Bulma and Rainbow were some what alike.

Did he have feelings for her like Bulma? No, he couldn't, having these feelings had been making him soft in the first place and why he was beaten so easily by.......Lord Beerus! Vegeta yelled in the sky as his yellow aura around his super saiyan form burst to life making the ground beneath him tremble. He fell on his knees and slammed his fists on the ground making smoke and a crater form from under him.

"I don't need your pity Kakarot." Vegeta grumbled as he stood up slowly and turned to look at Goku who was standing behind him with a worried expression.

"I didn't come here to do that, I came to talk." said Goku with an innocent expression as Vegeta calmed down and his aura disappearing but still couldn't revert back to his normal state. What is going on?

"Still can't change back?"

"What do you think?" spat out Vegeta.

"Hey at least you're some-what stronger now."

"Like I said Kakarot, don't pity me. What do you want?"

"You need to talk to Rainbow."

"Why?! "

"Becuase you care for her.....just like you did Bulma."

"What makes you think I care for her like that!?"

"Uh you told me today before we left the school don't you remember?"

"Kakarot, it is safe to say you have truly lost it." grunted Vegeta as he turned his back to him.

Goku tilted his head in confusion. How could he not remember that? It was just earlier today when they had that conversation after...... the Dazzlings song. Goku's eyes went wide as his mind finally clicked finding the solution to their problem.

"Vegeta, I think I know what's wrong, why you can't revert back to your normal state and also why you can't remember our conversation after the Dazzlings entranced the lunch room." explained Goku as Vegeta turned around now interested.

"Then what is it?" asked Vegeta getting impatient.

"I think the Dazzlings some how got you under their spell, but it didn't work all the way though."

"So, that's why I can't go back to my normal state?"

"And the reason why you don't remember....certain things."

Vegeta growled in anger and punched a nearby boulder chipping a piece of it off. "I'll crush them for what they did to me!"

"Hey, easy Vegeta we need to help the girls before dealing with them, plus you can't go after them alone they already tried to control you once and almost did, and look where that got you know." Vegeta growled again, but he slowly calmed down he was right he couldn't do this alone, yeah their power level were far below his, but he made that same mistake with Babidi.

"Fine Kakarot, I'll talk to Rainbow, but I won't make any promises about crushing those three witches." spat Vegeta as Goku chuckled to himself at Vegeta's pride.

"It's better better than nothing," said Goku floating into the air, "come on we need to get back to the girls." Vegeta nodded and took of with Goku following behind.


Pinkie's House; Pinkie’s Room

The girls sat in their pajamas in Pinkie's bedroom, Applejack and Rainbow were playing against one another on a video game, Rarity and Fluttershy and Spike were taking selfies, Sunset and Pinkie were doing each others nails and Twilight was still trying to figure out a reverse spell for tomorrow. So far she hadn't' had gotten anything the notebook she was writing in was filled with scribble and doodles. She hadn't told her friends that she couldn't figure out a spell, they were counting on her.

"Hey Twi, how is it going with that spell?" asked Rainbow smashing the buttons on her controller. Applejack gave her a smug look but before she could claim victory, Rainbow unplugged the game station making the screen turn black. Twilight gave a nervous smile and quickly covered up the notebook.

"Uh Great! Couldn't have been better!" said Twilight quickly with a sheepish grin. The girls attention was then brought to a knocking on the window. Only to see Goku and Vegeta hovering outside, Pinkie opened her window to let them in the room.

"Why didn't you guys use the front door? Mr and Mrs. Cake said that they didn't mind you guys coming over." said Pinkie with a confusing look on her face.

"Not our style." replied Vegeta.

"Well someones back to a good mood." said Applejack.

"More or less, but if you'll excuse me I want to get some rest if I want to crush those witches tomorrow."

"Vegeta's right if we are going to have any hope of beating the Dazzlings tomorrow we'll need some rest." explained Twilight. The group nodded in agreement as they all grabbed blankets and pillows for a good nights rest. As Vegeta was setting up his spot in his corner he felt a tap on his shoulder he turned around and was met with Rainbow with a sad expression on her face.

"What is it, Rainbow?" asked Vegeta already knowing that he was going to have this talk and impatiently not liking the awkward silence.

"Uhrm, can we talk?" asked Rainbow and then took a glance at the rest of the group, "Alone." Vegeta nodded as he followed Rainbow out in the hallway of Pinkie's house. When Vegeta stated that they were now alone he was caught by surprise when Rainbow wrapped her arms around his torso making his cheeks turn a bright crimson.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" said Rainbow with tears forming in her eyes. Vegeta coughed in his throat a little and gently nudged Rainbow away.

"Why are you apologizing?" he asked in confusion.

"I-I was being s-such a knucklehead to you and G-Goku that I didn't realize that you just wanted us not to get h-hurt."

"No, this is your fight. I might be a saiyan with the passion and pride for battle, but I do know that I don't step in unless it is needed." Vegeta put a hand on Rainbow's shoulder and looked in to her watery, red irises and gave a slight smile as Rainbow let out a sniffle..

"I-I think I get it." she said wiping her eyes, "Hey, Vegeta?"

"Yes?"

"Was Goku telling the truth, when he said that you cared for me?" Vegeta froze and his blood ran cold. he showed a little anger on his expression because of Goku telling the girls that after he had flown off. There's no turning back now, he thought. Rainbow gave out a yelp as she was grabbed by the waist and before she knew it her lips made contact with Vegeta's. Her eyes went wide and a deep blush spread across her face, but then she slowly closed her eyes letting herself fall in the kiss, rubbing his blonde spiky hair. Vegeta broke off living Rainbow with her eyes closed. Vegeta let out a chuckle as he turned and headed straight for the door to Pinkie's room to get some rest.

"Does that answer your question?" asked Vegeta before entering the room with Rainbow following behind. Only to be met with the group smiling at the both of them.

"I take it everything went well?" asked Goku.

"A little 'too' well if you ask me." said Rarity as she battered her eyelashes at the two. Vegeta and Rainbow then put two and two together as they both let out a deep blush.

"Were you guys spying on us!" said Rainbow in anger.

"Well, won’t ya’ look at the time!"screamed Applejack as the group quickly went under the covers and shut their eyes.

"I can't believe them." said Rainbow crossing her arms.

"We'll deal with them later." grunted Vegeta as he went over to his corner and sat down. Rainbow went over and sat by his side, and gave him a quick peck the cheek and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Sweet dreams." she whispered before dozing off.

"Goodnight Rainbow." replied Vegeta before going off in a deep slumber.


Goku awoke and looked at his surroundings, everything was scorched black, volcanoes spewing leftover ash rising in the dark sky, and skeletons littered the ground as he walked. "Am I dreaming of Hell?" Goku said to himself as he kept exploring the landscape, his attention was then caught by a massive energy spike coming from his right. Wait there's a faint one too and it's fading fast!

Without a second thought Goku transformed into his super saiyan form and sped off towards the source of energy. When he got to the location where he felt the massive power spike, his heart fell to the pit of his stomach. Canterlot High lay in ruins with the statue in front still standing, but that wasn't what made so heart broken.

There his friends lay in front of the statue bloodied, beaten, and bruised.........with no life from them at all. Goku clenched his fists together in anger until her heard the yell form Vegeta. He turned around and saw Vegeta gasping for air as a mysterious being with wings punched him in the gut. Vegeta let out a battle cry as he charged up his super saiyan aura and charged at the attacker only to be grabbed by the throat.

"VEGETA!" screamed Goku as he sped off towards the two. The being looked out Goku and let out a familiar feminine laugh, which made Goku stop in his tracks, "No" he whispered he heard a sickening snap, and saw Vegeta's form go limp and drop to the ground, "NO!" Goku screamed dropping to the ground slamming his fists to the ground.

"What's wrong Goku? Sad that these weaklings couldn't best me?" said the being as she landed in front of Goku.

"Why are you doing this Twilight?" asked Goku as he got to his feet, with his hands shaking in anger.

"I'm doing this for the both of us! With my new power, we can make everything better!"

"You call this 'better'!"

"Yes, some sacrifices had to be made for the greater good. I have brought peace and justice with my new Empire!" Goku then tilted his head in confusion, until he sensed small power levels around him. He looked around him to see small purple beings emerge from the ground. "Like them, they were a gift from my new master, I think he called them saibamen, but I do know that these purple ones are way stronger than the green ones."

"Twilight you don't have to do this." said Goku calmly.

"Well, it seems I was mistaken you're just another obstacle. Shame I was always fond of you." Twilight stated as her purple wings spread wide and her hands shone a bright purple, "Kill him!" at that command the purple saibamen charged towards Goku. Goku got in a battle stance, and dodged the first attack from a saibamen, and returning with a fist to the face knocking the head off of it turning it into dust. Two more was flying from Goku's behind, he quickly spun around and fired two ki blasts obliterating them instantly. Goku then went on the offensive and flew towards the remaining saibamen, punching, kicking, and blasting each and one of them. He kicked the final saibamen in the gut making it fly into a destroyed building having it crumble down on top of it.

Goku then was blasted in the chest and was sent to the ground. He got up slowly in pain and saw Twilight with her palm out smoking from the amount of energy she released. "You are really starting to annoy me." she said charging up her energy again.

"Twilight, I don't know what has got in to you, but I'm sorry." said Goku charging up his ki but what he didn't expect was a blue flame surround his body. Twilight covered her eyes from the bright blue light she looked in awe at what she saw, there was Goku who looked like he dropped a few pounds, his hair wasn't a spiky golden but was back to it's normal style and a deep red, but the thing was his eyes which was a blood red and filled with anger.

"So, this is your God form you were telling me about?" asked Twilight finally figured out what happened.

"You don't sound surprised." replied Goku with a expressionless a face.

"I've seen better."

"Are we gonna fight or talk?" asked Goku getting in a fighting stance. Twilight gave a smirk and got into one of her own. They stood their in silence waiting on her would make the first move. Until a piece of debris fell to the ground.

Goku charged up having a red aura and zoomed towards Twilight. He threw a punch but Twilight countered it and threw a punch of her own on to goku's nose. He stumbled back a bit as Twilight grabbed him by the arm and slammed him on the ground shaking the earth. She flew in the sky and fired a blast on the ground at Goku who was slowly getting up. Goku saw the blast and quickly reacted by putting two fingers to his head and appearing behind Twilight giving her a roundhouse kick to the side.

Twilight screamed in pain and kneed goku in the stomach making him gasp for air. She threw another punch but Goku caught in a knick of time and charged up his ki and let out a mighty cry, knocking her back a few feet.

"I see why my master is so interested in you." said Twilight wiping some blood from her lip.

"What are you talking about?" asked Goku only for Twilight to scream causing a purple and yellow aura to surround her and fly straight for Goku who did the same. they collided in a big explosion, the two sent a barrages of kicks and punches at each other. Twilight then saw an opening and blasted Goku making him fly like a rocket through a building like a rocket and hit the ground with mighty cloud of smoke and debris.

Goku shakily stood from inside the crater he had formed form the impact, his clothes were torn, he had cuts and bruises all over his body and he was panting like a dog. He looked up and saw Twilight, who is in a similar state as him, land gracefully with her wings. With an angered look in her eyes. 'Why won't he stay down?' thought Twilight.

"THIS! ENDS! NOW!" screamed Goku as he cupped his hands to his sides, "KA-ME-HA ME!!!!!" yelled Goku as bright blue energy started to grow in his cupped hands, Twilight with a look of fear in her eyes didn't know what to do she was low on energy and didn't have time to recover.

"HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" screamed Goku as a giant wave of blue energy shot from his hands and at Twilight. Twilight used all the energy had left and forming a shield around her. The blast hit causing a massive explosion to rack the area, Twilight was surprised to have survived that with the amount of energy she had left. Her thoughts were then interrupted by Goku's mighty scream as he was in front of her with a powered up fist.

(end song)

Twilight didn't have the time or energy to dodge her eyes went wide as Goku's fist made contact with her stomach, but it didn't stop there. His fist kept going until it pierced through her skin until his whole fist was inside her stomach. Goku looked into Twilight with teary eyes and so did she. Goku put his other hand to her cheek and caressed it gently as she coughed up blood.

"T-thank you." Twilight whispered softly as her eyes gently closed. Goku slowly retracted his fist and wrapped her lifeless form into an embrace as he reverted from his God form back to his normal state. He sobbed into her shoulder apologizing for what he did. He then heard a laugh from behind him, he then turned around to see the God of Destruction himself standing before him.

"Beerus." Goku spat out.

"Goku, it's a shame this has to happen." said Lord Beerus, "You truly do care for her don't you?"

"What do you want?"

"To help you boy."

Goku tilted his head in confusion, while he stood up carrying Twilight's body bridal style, "What?"

"I want to help you, I'm not a bad guy, just have a job to do. What you are experiencing now is just a vision of what might happen in the future, but I can help you change that, help you save her." Goku then looked at Twilight's peaceful lifeless form and glance back at Beerus.

"What do I have to do." asked Goku

"The reason how she got like this is because of you."

"What?"

"You train her and her friends to give them immense power and control over their....Rainbow Forms, but due to Twilight's destiny she got the best in herself and went to make everything perfect and would destroy anything and anyone that got in her way."

"Destiny? What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing lasts forever Goku, some day I might kick the bucket and 'someone' has to take my place."

"Are you saying that Twilight is the next God of Destruction?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"How do I stop it, with out you know."

"You can't stop her from becoming the God of Destruction, but you can stop this from happening, all you have to do is remind her of who she really is and she'll be fine."

"And that's how I can stop this from happening?"

"Yes, you have my word."

"Alright, but you never answered why you're helping me all of a sudden."

"During our fight back your Earth I saw potential in you and a great power, that just needed to be unlocked."

"What are you saying?"

"Remember when you first became a god?"

"Yeah it took the six of us saiyans to achieve and only had a certain time limit before I revert back to myself."

"Correct, but I did some picking when I returned and noticed that that only unlocked the power, you transformed into a God at will when you fought Twilight. I discovered the transforming in to gods for saiyans is different from your super sayian transformation."

"How?"

"I'm sorry, that is something you have to learn for yourself, but right now you have to wake up." Before Goku could ask Lord Beerus shot a purple blast toward Goku and exploding on impact.

(end song)


Goku sat up breathing heavily and sweating like no tomorrow. He looked around and sighed in relief he was still in Pinkie's room, he glanced at the clock which read 1:30 am. he smiled as he saw his friends sound asleep and chuckled a little more when he saw Vegeta and Rainbow cuddled up together.

Something was off though, Twilight and Sunset were missing. Before he could get worried the door opened and Sunset and twilight walked in.

"Hey Goku , sorry if we woke you." apologized Sunset as she snuggled in her blanket.

"Oh, uh, it's fine." said Goku as Sunset gave a thumbs up and went to sleep.

"What's wrong Goku?" asked Twilight as she sat next to him. Goku felt so happy to see that smile again and to hear her voice, but at the same time guilty at what she'll become and she doesn't even know about.

"Just..a lot on my mind." replied Goku not wanting to make eye contact.

"Well....um.....if it makes you feel better I can.....sleep with you tonight, if you want that is." Goku chuckled a little bit she sounded alot like Fluttershy for a second even with the blush on her face.

"I couldn't agree more." Twilight squealed in delight as she tucked herself in with Goku and wrapped her arms around his warm body pulling him close Goku returned the gesture and stroked her hair making her coo in pleasure. Before he and Twilight knew they drifted off in to a peaceful sleep.


Equestria, Canterlot Castle

Princess Celestia sat calmly on her throne, she had gotten the letter from twilight that she had returned to the human world to help Sunset Shimmer with a crisis she was having. She chuckled to herself now noticing how mature twilight has grown up. Her thoughts were interrupted when two of guards came through the throne room out of breath.

"What seems to be the problem?" asked Celestia with concern.

"My majesty, HE is here to meet with you." said one of the guards.

"He?" she asked until she heard a voice that made her blood run cold.

"Princess Celestia, how long has it been? We need to talk about this Twilight character of yours." said a purple bipedal cat standing with a well dressed bipedal man with a staff and an orb on top.

"L-Lord B-Beerus."

Author's Note:

Hey guys I just had to support the ships in this chapter. Twilight the next God of Destruction! Who knew!:pinkiegasp:

This chapter is based of these two videos ENJOY! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next