• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 494 Views, 31 Comments

The wondrous and spectacular escapades of three idiots! - NeonVenom



Film Strip has always lived a fairly boring life in Ponyville with his younger brother Patch. Nothing interesting ever seemed to happen, that is until Patch finds a scarlet eyed changeling digging through their trash.

  • ...
0
 31
 494

Chapter 1.

The wondrous and spectacular escapades of three idiots!
Chapter one


Film Strip released a short sigh of relief as he pushed a gargantuan stack of papers filled to the brim with movie plot ideas away from himself. “The studio should be happy with these,” the now exhausted stallion mumbled to himself as he leaned back into his shredded black couch.

“I don’t know man, ‘Invasion of the changelings’ seems just a bit offensive to me,” Ramn commented as he leaned back into the couch as well.

Film Strip glanced towards the scarlet eyed changeling that rested by his side and let out yet another sigh, not of relief, just annoyance. “Of course it’s offensive to you, your kind are the villians in it,” Film strip pointed out.

“But why are we the villians?” Ramn asked as he looked over to Film Strip.

“Because nopony likes changelings,” Film answered bluntly.

Ramn put on an expression of offense and let out a short gasp as he placed one of his hole littered hooves onto his chest. “Why Mr. Film Strip, surely you don’t mean that.”

Film chuckled a bit under his breath as he focused his attention up and to his ceiling, “Shut up,” he muttered.

About three months or so have passed since Film and his younger brother had first come in contact with Ramn. The rambunctious young changeling was really quite helpful, he would watch Patch whenever Film Strip would have to go out, he would help Film come up with movie ideas, and his usually positive and humorous attitude brought a bit of life into their household. The idea of having a changeling live in his attic no longer disgusted Film Strip, he really did enjoy Ramns company, although he would never admit it.

Both Ramn and Film nearly hopped out of their seats as they heard the front door suddenly swing open.

“I’m home!” a familiar, and youthful voice announced with his usual energetic tone of voice. It was Patch, Film Strips younger brother, who had just acquired his cutie-mark about two weeks earlier. It was a black swirl with a multitude of small white dots sprinkled throughout it, which represented stars. This symbol represented his talent, star gazing. Something that the young energetic colt took extreme pleasure in doing. He loved to just sit out at night and map out the stars, he could name over 76 of the 88 constellations that sat in the sky.

Film Strip smiled a bit as he looked behind the couch so he could actually see his younger sibling, “Ah, and how was your day at school-…” Film Strip suddenly cut himself off as he noticed something abnormal about Patch. The young grey coated unicorns left eye was a dark purple, and extremely swollen. “What happened?!” he quickly asked as he trotted off the couch and to his brothers’ side.

“Huh? What’s the matter bro?” Patch asked.

Your eye! What’s wrong with it? What happened?!

Patch giggled a bit as he looked up to his older brother, “Oh, don’t worry about it bro! Me and my friends were just playing!” he explained with a bubbly tone.

“What game were you playing?” Film asked, concern in his voice as he began to examine Patchs wound.

“Beat up the loser!” Patch answered, still maintaining his joyous tone.

What?!

Patch giggled yet again, “yeah! It’s a game me and my friends play it all the time! I lay on the ground while they all stomp on me, shouting ‘Beat up the loser! Beat up the loser!’, It’s fun!”

Both Film and Ramn looked down to Patch, their jaws dropped, and nearly hitting the floor, after hearing this. Was Patch serious? Did he know what was actually going on? Did he know that this so called “game” was actually an act of extreme violence directed towards him? Was he really so naive?

“Okay, I got some homework to do! I’ll see you guys at dinner,” Patch said before calmly trotting off towards his room. Leaving both
Ramn and Film Strip in a silent state of shock.

Ramn stepped in front in front of Film and looked into his emerald like gaze, a serious expression now slapped onto his leathery face. “Okay, I think we both know what’s going on here.”

“My brother…” Film muttered, a blank look on his light blue face.

“…Is being bullied.”

Film Strip sat in complete silence as he let this fact settle in, how could he not know? How did he not notice? Sure Patch has come home with a couple scrapes and bruises here and there, but they were nothing of any concern, or so he thought. “W-…We need to tell his teacher,” Film Strip managed to utter.

Ramn quickly shook his head, “What? Seriously? Tell his teacher? How is that going to help?”

Well, she’ll tell those kids parents, and they’ll get in trouble!”

“No, she’ll tell their parents, they’ll get in trouble, then they’ll continue to beat him up!” Ramn told Film.

Film opened his mouth, ready to retort, but he emitted no sound. Ramn was right, as much as Film Strip hated to admit it, Ramn was right. “Then what are we going to do?”

“We’re not going to do anything, this is Patch’s battle.”

“But he can’t fight!”

“Who says he has to fight? I know exactly what he has to do!” Ramn proclaimed, a long and malicious grin now stretching across his leather like face.

Film Strip took in a deep breath and sighed, “Alright, what does he have to do?”

Ramn snickered and began to make his way towards Patchs bedroom, “Hey! Little dude? I want you to make an announcement tomorrow at school.”


Patch took in a deep, nervous breath as he sat in his desk at school. He scanned the classroom, catching the glares of some of the other colts who would beat him up, he gave them all a small smile and a short wave before of the hoof before looking back towards the front of the classroom. Class would be starting soon, it was now or never. He let out a short sigh as he felt a few beads of sweat stream down his forehead, he hesitantly raised his hoof and mumbled, “M-..Miss-Miss Cheerilee…”

His pink maned teacher quickly looked up from her desk as she heard her name being called out, “Mph...? What? Do you need something Patch?” she asked with usual kind tone.

Patch slowly nodded his head and gulped, “I would like to say something to the class…” he uttered.

Cheerilee gave the young unicorn colt a confused look, it was a strange request to say the least, “Oh, why of course,” she said before sitting back into his chair.

“Thank you” Patch muttered before hoping out of his desk and slowly trotting towards the front of the room. He engulfed yet another deep breath and turned to face his classmates. Some sat up straight, intrigue on their faces as they waited for Patch to speak. But most had a look of disgust, of hatred, these were his so called “friends”, most of them were much larger colts, but some were fillies.

“Come on! We don’t have all day!” One of these fillies demanded.

“Oh, shut it Diamond Tiara!” A young filly with a bright pink bow tied into her cherry red mane called out.

Diamond Tiara huffed and looked back to the pink bowed filly, “I don’t have to take orders from a blank flank!” she spat.

“Girls!” Miss Cheerilee called out, instantly grabbing their attention, “Both of you hush, unless you two want detention!”

They both gulped and looked down to their desk.

“The floor is yours Patch” Miss Cheerilee said.

Patch stared into the gazes of his classmates, some filled with interest, some confusion, but most just spite. He took in yet another deep breath as he began to remember all that Ramn had told him. He could do this! He was ready! “Um…You’re all a bunch of-.“


I’ve never heard such putrid, vulgar, and all around distasteful language in all my life!” Miss Cheerilee shouted furiously as she looked towards Film Strip, who now sat before her. After Patchs epic rant Miss Cheerilee had to end the school day early and call in Film Strip, after giving Patch a few days of detention of course. “I didn't even know half of these words existed! But after looking them up in the dictionary, I must say that I am utterly disgusted!” she exclaimed as she continued to stare towards the now blushing Film Strip. “What, in Celestias name do you have to say for yourself?

“I…I…” Film Strip stuttered, this was without a doubt the most embarrassing moment in his entire life. “He didn't hear it from me…” he muttered as he shifted his gaze down towards the wood floor of the school house.

Well then where did he hear it from?”

“I-…I don’t know,” Film lied.

Cheerilee groaned and placed a hoof to her forehead as she leaned back into her chair, “I’ve never had to end school early before, not once,” she muttered. “But after…But after that, I had no choice! Your little brother may have just scarred each and every colt and filly in Ponyville, so congratulations!” she ranted.

Film Strip just sighed as he continued to hang his head in shame.

Miss Cheerilee couldn't help but sigh as well as she looked down to him, “He’ll have detention for three weeks, after that…I don’t know. I can just hope that he’ll receive the proper punishment at home”

“He will”

“Good, I think we’re done here”

Film Strip nodded slowly and trotted out of the class room. He opened the schools front door and looked outside, quickly catching sight of Patch, who was sitting quietly on the edge of a wooden bench. Film Strip raised his hoof as he began to beckon his younger sibling towards him, “Come on buddy, we’re going home”

Patch didn’t respond, he just hopped off the bench and began to slowly step towards his brother.


“I’m sorry! Okay?” Ramn mumbled as he laid down on the torn leather couch that sat in the living room.
Film Strip growled as he looked down to the resting changeling, “Sorry? You idiot! He got detention, he got detention for three weeks because of you!

Ramn just rolled his bright scarlet eyes, “and I’m sorry.”

Film Strip slowly shook his head and sat on the couch, “I cannot believe this, why in Celestias name did I listen to! I- you- GAHH!!” Film just shoved his face into one of the couch cushions and began to bite down into the leather, trying desperately not to trot over and strangle Ramn.

“Where is he?” Ramn asked as he picked his head up.

Film lifted his head from the now saliva soaked couch cushion and glared towards Ramn, “Outside”.

Ramn nodded and stepped off the couch and towards a nearby window, he peaked through the glass, trying his best not to be spotted by any ponies that trotted by. It didn’t take long for Ramn to catch a glimpse of the naive black maned colt, who was surrounded by a group of much larger colts. “Film…You might want to come see this” he called out.

Film Strip cocked a brow and used his thin feathered wings to casually glide towards the window, “What? What’s going on?” he asked as he looked through the clear glass. He quickly saw his brother who was completely surrounded by these bullies. A look of concern formed as he continued to watch the scene unfold, these colts, they were all…Laughing? But it wasn't maniacal, it wasn't sinister, they were all laughing as though someone had just uttered the funniest joke ever conceived, they looked like they were about to burst out in tears. The looks in their eyes, it was not hatred, it was interest. They weren't stomping, they weren't bucking, they weren't spitting out insults. Patch and these colts, they were all just laughing, playing, having a good time.

Ramn looked over to Film Strip, a smug grin sitting prominently on his face, “I think you owe me an apology”

“B-but…But how? Why?” Film asked as he continued to stare out the window in shock.

Ramn snickered and leaned against the wall, “Don’t you know nothing? Kids are all a bunch of potty mouths! Whoever knows the most vulgar language is the most respected!”

Film just shook his head in disbelief, “But, I never used those kind of words when I was younger!”

“And how’d that work out for you?”

Film sat in silence, with a look of befuddlement sitting on his face. He never cursed when he was a colt, not once! And he was furiously bullied. Ramn was right, again! Twice in one week! A new record.

“Exactly!”

Film Strip just pressed his head against the window and remained silent.

“I think we all learned a valuable lesson today,” Ramn said as he made his way back towards the couch.

Film Strip looked back to the abnormal changeling and tilted his head, “and what would that be?” he asked as he trotted towards the couch, a look of irritation now in his eyes as he continued to reflect on his school day memories.

“That school is a terrible, terrible, thing” Ramn answered as he leaned back into the couch.

Film hopped onto the couch and nodded in agreement, “it sure is.”

Author's Note:

Hey! Chapter one!...Gnarly.

Comments ( 9 )

Seriously thats great stuff you do here ! Don't stop

4834415 I'll never stop!...Until I reach the final chapter.

4836968 What is it my dear assassin?! :rainbowhuh:

HOW DID I MISS THIS CHAPTER BY 11 DAYS!! Nuuuuu

Login or register to comment