• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 8,022 Views, 314 Comments

My Little Hedgehog: Redux - TheOtherOne41



An incident in other universe lands the ponies with the company of Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends, leading them to deal with enemies old and new.

  • ...
16
 314
 8,022

Project S.C: D.R.I.O.D (Old)

The sheer scale of this chapter is pretty damn grand. Hopefully I done it right.

The moon shone brightly over the world like a massive silver torchlight with hundreds of glistening stars among them, though the light did not penetrate the forest roof. The only parts of the forest that were illuminated were the roads that travelling ponies took. Among the darker depths, a wondering pony cautiously navigated the darkest parts of the forest. She felt alone and cold, despite going into the forest with a feline companion. Rarity could barely see a thing except the dirty, grassy floor. Her cold breath was heavy as she wandered in the darkness. Suddenly, a noise cracked from behind her. She stopped in place, her heart beating at what felt like 800 miles per hour. She turned her head slowly and she froze. Staring back at her as a large pair of yellow eyes, she could not see who or what they belonged to.

"AH! GET AWAY YOU HORRID BEAST!!" she yelled, putting up her fists in an attempt to intimidate her attacker. The eyes seemed to shrink a little in reply, as if eye-lids had lowered. Below the floating eyes lit up some reddish flames, trickling from it's hand. Rarity calmed down, she almost forgot Blaze was with her the whole time, and she was not amused.

"Horrid beast am I?" Blaze questioned sarcastically, rolling her eyes. Rarity gave an awkward almost apologetic smile. Blaze continued forward through the darkness, not saying a word to her. Rarity trotted after her, feeling rather guilty.

"I didn't mean to call you a beast Blaze, you're a very nice cat...um..." she pleaded. Blaze turned and smiled, accepting her apology, even though she wasn't even that angry.

"Heh, it's fine Rarity, really" she replied calmly. "Now come on, we need to find the emeralds, if any in here" The two eventually broke through the darkness and back into an opening and onto a dirt trail, leading onwards.

"Just which direction are we going exactly?" asked Rarity. "I feel like we're going in random directions..." Blaze looked at her, she couldn't think of anything in particular to make her feel better as she felt the same way. They WERE going in random directions. She was rather surprised that they hadn't run into another group, like Sonic and Rainbow Dash or Twilight and Silver. Suddenly, almost as if on cue, two figures swept across the sky. "Is that Applejack in the sky?!" Rarity exclaimed. Blaze recognized Tails in the sky, it was no surprise. Rarity examined the flying creature of the sky even closer. It looked like Applejack in every way, yet she had two tails and they had somewhat of a glow to them. Rarity was amazed at seeing her fly, she was almost enjoying the spectacle. Seeing Applejack fly brought Rarity back short memories of flight herself under Twilight's spell.

That didn't exactly end well.

"Come on, let's follow them" said Blaze, walking off in their general direction. Rarity trotted after her. For a while, an awkward silence whistled like the wind between them as they continued through the trail.

...

"I think we're getting closer...Silver? Oh come on! Hurry up!" yelled Twilight. She sighed in frustration as the white hedgehog walked far behind her, looking at his surroundings. He couldn't help it, he was in another world, and the forest felt like another world within the other world. He ran to catch up with her, embarrassed by his slip up.

"Sorry, but this place is incredible!" he explained. Twilight was puzzled by this.

"What make this place to special? It's just a very deep forest..." she replied with a confused tone, though she knew she was sort of wrong. The first time she came here, she learned the true power of friendship and used to stop chaos from taking over completely.

"In my old future, before it was fixed, there was nothing but flames, destruction and terror. But this world is so lively and full of colour, Twilight, you must show me more of this world when you have the chance!" he asked with excitement. Twilight felt almost flattered that someone who was once a stranger to her asked her to be his personal guide through Ponyville and beyond. She nodded.

"Sure! Could be fun" she replied. They walked in silence for a while afterwards until Twilight broke the silence.

"So... suddenly, the ground shook in front of them, like an earthquake. A bright ambient light shone up through the trees...without hesitation, Twilight and Silver took after it, Silver hovering in an attempt to see over the trees.

...

"Hey, what in tarnation is that light?!" shouted Applejack, her tails momentarily slowing down.

"I'm not sure! I think it might be the emerald! But they are not usually that bright..." replied Tails. Tails looked at his hands. The glow was starting to fade. He didn't think much of it at first...and then he remembered Applejack relied on the power. Applejack looked at her tails. Her eyes widened as her second tail began to fade into nothing. As it did she lost height slowly. In an effort to save her from falling, Tails grabbed her hoof, holding her in mid-air. When he did, gravity took its toll on Applejack as she flopped down, her second tail gone.

"Tails! Don't let go! Please don't let go!" she pleaded. Tails struggled to hold on, but he lowered himself slowly to ground level. Applejack looked into his honest eyes as he lowered them down as they turned back to blue. He wasn't going to let go. Tails struggled more and more as they got closer to the ground. He could carry Sonic a small distance, but Applejack felt slightly heavier. Applejack's feet desperately felt for solid ground and almost verbally thanked Celestia when they did touchdown. The glow around them was all gone and Applejack's eyes turned back to normal, but they turned their attention to the spotlight beyond them as they ran after it.

...

2 blurs blasted through the forest as leaves were ripped from branches and dirt was kicked 10 feet into the air. They were both after the same thing as Sonic and Rainbow Dash almost had a miniature race toward the bright light at the centre of the forest. They came to a wide open clearing as they both aligned themselves side by side as the ground below them seemed to be a blur of green and brown. Joining them was a ball of fire, travelling at the same speed. Blaze ran beside him with Rarity barely clinging onto her back, her eyes shut tight in fear though surprisingly not screaming. High above them, Silver hovered after them with Twilight hanging onto him, similar to Blaze. She looked down and gazed in shock at the speed they were travelling at.

Coming up fast on Sonic was Shadow, who at first appeared to have new hair with white, orange and yellow blobs attacked to it. On closer inspection, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Applebloom were clinging to his spines, though it didn't seem to bother Shadow in the slightest. Fluttershy flew after him at his side, almost catching up. Applejack was not far behind, running after them at speeds she shouldn't be able to achieve. She even asked how it was possible, and decided to blame it on her recovery from her combination at her side was Tails, his tails being just a blur as they span so fast. Finally, Amy joined them, her famous Piko Piko Hammer in her hands ready to attack any aggressors, bizarrely Pinkie Pie was hopping at the same speed as them, excited as to which direction their adventure could go.

It could be coming to an end for all she knew.

They all ran in a line like a platoon of heroism of all different colours. Blue, yellow, white, orange, white and so on. The multiple colours blended into each other, creating a rainbow of colours at such speed.

The reached a wide circular clearing as all 12 of them skidded to a stop. The bright light didn't let up as they approached. The light was so intense that everyone was forced to shield their eyes from it. As the light faded, everyone got a glimpse of what the true source was.

It was Eggman standing by a large collection of portable panels with lights and buttons all brightly lit up and flashing constantly. In a glass case was 3 emeralds. 2 Sol Emeralds and 1 single Chaos Emerald. Standing attentively at his side was Metal Sonic and Metal Rainbow Dash. But was not the strangest part of the whole thing. At the centre of all the mechanics, panels and screens was what appeared to be a white stone statue.

"Hey! It's that bald, fat, moustached guy!" yelled Scootaloo with a point

"Eggman! Hand over the emeralds!" yelled Shadow. Eggman turned to shock to the army of all shapes and sizes that stood before him. He smiled in manic delight.

"Good to see you all! You all can witness the birth of Eggmanland right here, right now!" He threw up his arms in triumph. Shadow ran toward him in an attempt to attack, but he slammed into an invisible barrier. "Tut tut Shadow! I thought you would know better! This is project S.C: D.R.O.I.D! I will awaken the force I need to take over the universes for myself. This time, Twilight stood forward. Somehow that name made her feel uneasy.

"Project S.C: D.R.O.I.D? What is with the strange name? What is this 'force' you speak of?" asked Twilight. Eggman grinned, almost as if he wanted to be asked that question.

"Good question Miss Sparkle!" he began. "A week ago I picked up on a strange signal that begged for my help. But this signal was somehow unreachable. I took some time to pinpoint which universe the signal came from and figure out how to get there effectively. Obviously I needed the Chaos and Sol Emeralds and obviously Sonic, Blaze and the rest of the sidekicks would attempt to oppose me. Except Silver. I don't know why you are here" he admitted. Silver rolled his eyes.

"Once I arrived, I tracked it down to this point. I just need a few emeralds to revive it"

"It? What's 'it' Eggman?!" Twilight demanded. She seemed almost scared. Ideas ran through her mind. Ancient force? Needs to be awakened? It all began to make sense...then she thought about the name. S.C: D.R.O.I.D. It didn't make sense, and didn't appear to match up to Eggman's plans...

"Witness the revival...of chaos itself!!" he yelled. On cue, the emeralds shone brightly. Not just the ones in the case, but the ones that the group held with them. The emeralds in the case violently broke out of as they circled the statue. The other emeralds soon joined them. Finally, the 14 emeralds were reunited, for all the wrong reasons. The ponies all examined the statue further and turned to explicit worry. It wasn't just any statue, it was a stone prison. Twilight's worst fears were confirmed though she begged them to be just a joke. The emeralds darkened as their power were absorbed into the statue, and they fell to ground like dark, useless stones. The statue began to crack as a black haze surrounded it. The statues strange features began to move as it broke free. Eggman laughed loudly as his plan was succeeding. Everyone just watched in horror as the stone pieces flaked off and the sound of insane laughter filled the air. The creature gazed at the group with calm evil. It analysed them, recognizing 6 of them for its previous defeats and the other 9 being random 'hang on' companions. It didn't matter to him.

"No! You can't be free!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

"Impossible..." muttered Twilight.

"You see, the emeralds combined are powerful enough to break through time and space, releasing the one you call "Discord was easy enough!" declared Eggman. The creature looked at Eggman with a kind smile.

"I must thank you Eggman for releasing me from my stony prison" it said calmly. Its tone was almost friendly. "As you're reward, you and I will rule Equestria! Obviously you get your world for yourself" it said. Eggman seemed happy with him. Discord turned to his opposition.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Witness chaos in its perfect form!" he yelled. He floated into the air as he began to grow into a skyscraper sized monster. His feet and tail flattened the man made and the natural environment with ease. Everyone stood back to avoid being flattened by him. Eggman got into his Eggmobile and turned to Metal Sonic and Metal Rainbow Dash.

"With me! Now!" he yelled. The three flew off into the night sky. Discord's features changed, where he was more of a dragon, he gained scales. Where he was more of a goat, his horn sharpened alongside other changes. His teeth sharped as he stared the group down...and he let out a furious, loin like roar at them.

Back at Ponyville, chaos had already started as everyone saw the massive beast from a distance. Ponies and Stallions alike ran for their lives wherever they could. At the farm, Big Macintosh stood aside Granny Smith, like they were watching the apocalypse. Further away, Celestia and Luna stood and watched Discord's violent return.

"I don't believe it...it's happening again?" Celestia muttered to herself. Her tone was worried and, for once, scared. Luna turned to her.

"It will be fine my sister. Twilight and her friends will surely know what to do!" she replied, trying to perk her sister up again. Celestia glanced at her, she wasn't smiling at all. They stood in silence for a while, watching as events unfolded. Celestia blamed herself, she should have intervened at some point...

Sonic and Rainbow Dash stood prepared to do battle with him. Everyone else joined him at their sides as they gazed at a different Perfect Chaos. The emeralds began to flicker back to full power as Sonic lifted his arms, almost commanding them to him.

"Everyone! Combine!" He yelled.

"RIGHT!" was the reply he got back from everyone. 2 emeralds per duo spun around each one. Like before, everyone changed. Some drastic, some subtle. Discord watched as his opponents charged toward different parts of his body.

"Pinkie Pie! With me!" yelled Amy as she powered up. They once again high-fived and held on as they started a pink tornado that quickly grew in size. Tails and Applejack took flight.

"Tails! Go for his feet! We can try and trip him up!" Tails nodded as they went for his mismatched feet. They sped up tremendously as Tails and Applejack stretched their fists forward as they knocked into them. Their combined, enhanced strength was strong enough to force him to trip up, Discord fell to the ground with an almighty slam which shook Ponyville and beyond. Applejack's strength really was her addition to the formula. As they flew off, the pink tornado swept over him, smashing him with debris, trees and other even scrap metal. Discord got up from the attack like nothing happened and let out another massive roar. Fire danced around his gigantic head, smashing into him and burning him. Blaze and Rarity were below, controlling the flames movements. The red flames controlled by Blaze appeared to hurt more that Rarity's. Discord lets out more roars like a dinosaur was being alarmed. Defiant, he swatted at the flames and attempted to flatten Blaze and Rarity with his foot...who were then saved by Shadow leading an army of wild animals as he rode on the back of a bear. He sent them to attack wherever they could as Fluttershy threw Chaos Spears at his head.

"Take this! And this!" screamed Fluttershy as she threw projectile after projectile at him. As Discord swatted at her, she kept teleporting using Chaos Control. She seemed to be the first enemy that Discord actually had problems with. It wouldn't be the first time Discord had some kind of trouble with her in particular. He clenched his fists and roared in frustration, blowing her away and clearing away the attacking animals. Suddenly, something new attacked Discord. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were flying into a barrel rolling formation, flying right at Discord's head. The Chaos Emeralds saw them as a possible combination, despite not having an element to relate them to. Applejack looked at her sister in shock.

"Applebloom?! How is she flying now?!" she asked aloud. "It seems like any pony can fly nowadays!" Meanwhile Rarity was watching the spectacle herself.

"Sweetie Belle! What are you doing?!" she yelled at her, hoping somehow she'd hear her. The 3 blasted themselves, full power into his head, knocking him backwards. They flew down to the ground, powering down and crash landing to the ground in a small pile of ponies. They remained silent until, ad mist the pile, an orange hoof shot up.

"THAT WAS AWESOME!!!" Scootaloo yelled.

...As Discord recovered from his hit, a massive collection of trees smacked into the back of his head like a massive baseball bat. The trees were held together by a cyan and purple haze of energy as Twilight and Silver calmly controlled it below, their eyes practically glowing. Discord attempted to break the 'bat' yet the trees held together, as Silver and Twilight used it as a massive, oversized defensive weapon. They held for a while until Discord used his tail to slash through it as if it was plywood. The pieces came crashing down to the ground as Twilight and Silver ran for cover, breaking the connection.

"Hey! Discord! Time for a change of pace!" yelled Rainbow Dash as herself and Sonic sky-rocketed toward him at blazing speeds, aiming right for his chest. Discord could do nothing to stop the blue bullet going for him. They blasted right through him as they flew off. Everyone, whether they were still powered up of not gathered around to watch, hoping for Discord to be defeated. Sonic and Rainbow Dash joined them, everyone powered down assuming their work was completed. Discord remained motionless...until he began to laugh. Hard.

"DO YOU ALL THINK THAT IS ENOUGH TO DEFEAT ME?!?! I AM UNBEATABLE! I AM CHAOS INCARNATE!!" he yelled to the heavens. He began to change again, becoming even more monstrous. His eyes became lizard like and bloodshot, his teeth becoming longer and snarling. Two limbs burst from his sides as he gained another 2 arms, one resembling a deformed hoof, the other a deformed arm made out of spike and blades. As he roared once more, the sky started to crack and change colour as his chaotic influence grew bigger. Everyone began to doubt whether he was beatable.

"We can't beat this guy! He's too powerful!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

"Well...there is one other option..." muttered Shadow with a smile. In his hand he held a Chaos Emerald, throwing it into the air and catching it. Sonic smiled, he knew exactly what Shadow was suggesting.

"What are you going to do?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Just watch kid. You'll like this part" replied Sonic with confidence and giving her a thumbs up. Blaze and Rarity joined at his side and Fluttershy joined Shadow. All 14 emeralds surrounded the 6 as a faint light began to show itself. Rainbow Dash enjoyed the sensation. Her entire body felt warm and her heart was at its purest. She felt like her soul was trying to reveal itself. Fluttershy nervously shut her eyes as she started to glow, expecting to turn more evil that before. Rarity simply admired the gems as they span around her, as they became a rainbow of energy. All 6 elements appeared at the centre of the circle before being absorbed into the rainbow of colours. Twilight stepped forward.

"Of course! We all know the emeralds react with the elements of harmony...but what if the elements shared themselves among 3 ponies?" she asked. Sonic, Shadow and Blaze all began to change once more. Blaze held Sonic delicately by the hand as her lavender fur turned pink and bright flames surrounded her. Sonic's spines went on edge once more as he began to turn gold, energy radiating from him. Shadow went through a similar change, as he literally lit up turning a yellowish lemon colour. The three shone brightly as the rest of the group covered their eyes in disbelief.

The ponies began to change as well. Fluttershy's coat also became a lemon colour as her mane turned bright gold with red streaks through them. Around her neck was a golden necklace with the element of kindness at the centre and her eyes turned as red as a ruby. Rarity's coat took on a more golden haze, her mane remained the same shape, yet it became animated as flames licked furiously off of it as it turned pink. Her eyes turned yellow as she shone brightly with energy. Around her neck was a similar necklace with the element of generosity on it. Rainbow Dash took on the most radical change. Her mane turned shining white was her wings spread widely. Her mane flared and waved slowly like Celestia's. Her eyes remained closed as a platinum necklace appeared on her neck, sporting the element of loyalty. And that was something Sonic and Rainbow Dash shared. They shared the unrelenting desire to help other no matter what. She slowly opened her red eyes to the crowd who stared in shock.

"This is who I am. My soul on display" muttered Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy and Rarity said nothing, their expressions serious. Super Sonic barely took flight as his feet almost touched the ground.

"Now we end this" muttered Burning Blaze.

"Let's show him what we can really do!" yelled Fluttershy.

"Let's go!" yelled Super Sonic as the six flew up into the air.