• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 837 Views, 17 Comments

Drunk Shipping: Starring Soarin and Octavia - DBP12012



Octavia plays a concert for the Wonderbolts and the four alicorn princesses. Why? Because drunk Celestia has been shipping again.

  • ...
4
 17
 837

Celestia's Drunk Shipping Event, pt. 1

The lights faded slowly, only to get replaced with a much brighter one. A single spotlight cast on a mare, her cello's finish shining in the bright light. She inhaled deeply, trying to calm her nerves. She looked down at her hooves, the gray fur standing up straight. She let out another deep breath. It's no lie she'd preformed without hestiance before, but tonight was different. She was to preform a cello solo in front of all four alicorn princess and the three Wonderbolts.

Should I be sweating as much as I am? It's not that complex of a song. It's not a very large crowd. After all, it's only seven ponies. Seven really, really important ponies. What if they-- No, no. Calm down, Octavia. Stop exciting yourself so much. It's unbecoming of you. Breathe, Octavia. You've practiced this for three months. No, longer than that. At least five. Nopony is watching. It's just you. Close your eyes, just for a minute. Nopony is watching. Count to ten. One, two, three, four...

"Better," she whispered to herself. She sighed, letting a smile spread across her face. She picked up her bow, closing her eyes again. She imagined each note, all in perfect harmony. She opened her eyes, staring at the back of the room. The back seats were empty.

It's just another practice, Octavia. Nopony is here.

She hummed the melody to herself as the bow glided gracefully along the strings, causing each note to come out cleanly and crisply. The crowd watched in awe as she hit each note perfectly. The hall filled itself with music; the acoustics of the room letting it echo softly, but not discratcingly so. The lights faded gently, creating a dreamlike atmosphere. One of the younger alicorns sighed with the performer, leaning back in her chair and closing her eyes as well. She ignored the glaring stares from the other three, losing herself in the resounding melody.

Octavia smiled to herself, opening her eyes to see her crowd enjoyed her music almost as much as she did. After all, only she could enjoy her music on levels nopony in all of Equestria could. Playing the cello lifted her off the ground, higher and higher into the clouds as she rode the bass cleft. Her imagination soared in the form of eighth, quarter, half, and whole notes. Her bow danced gracefully along the strings, the soothing rhythm feeding her imagination.

Soarin, one of the male Wonderbolts, seemed to lay in almost shock as he watched the earth pony play in complete bliss. He caught himself lost in the melody along with her, swaying side-to-side with the mystical composition. An orange mare next to him scowled, giving him a light tap on the fore-hoof. He chuckled, ignoring her slight warning and continued to let the harmony move his body.


After the concert, the seven ponies gathered in the waiting hall. The eldest alicorn, Celestia, staggered a bit. Her cheeks flushed bright red and her breath could kill a greenhouse with its stench. Octavia walked out calmly, her mane shriveled and her eyes heavy. Soarin walked up to her, a light red overtaking his cheeks as well.

"Octavia, was it?" He smiled warmly, yet ruined the mood with a hiccup. Octavia flinched, her lip cocking itself almost automatically.

"Y-Yes," she hesitated. "And you're Soarin' Skies, lead male acrobat for the Wonderbolts, if I'm not mistaken?" She shifted her weight on her front hooves, constantly breaking eye contact with the Pegasus.

"Yoooou got it, babe!" He slurred, right into her ear. She gagged lightly, moving towards the punch table.

Oh, gosh, I even can smell his breath from over here, she thought. Until, that is, she looked up to see a white alicorn. Much to her dismay, it wasn't Soarin's breath.

"Your highness," she smiled pleasantly, though her mind screamed to run to the hills. Celestia chuckled, accompanied with a hiccup.

"You play...h-hic...beautifully, Octi. Lovely. Gorgeous. H-hic! Play for me personally, please, and do wear that...hic... Cute little bow tie of yours." Celestia bit her lip, raising her eyebrows. Not before long; the alicorn stumbled into the table, nearly flipping it. The impact with the table caused her to collapse on the floor. Octavia gasped and backed away, covering her face with her two front hooves. Luckily, she wasn't the only sober one at the afterparty. A purplish aura caught the table and drinks before they splashed all over her.

"Thank you, Princess." Octavia looked up, only to see a ticked Twilight Sparkle. She muttered something that slipped past Octavia's ears. The alicorn looked up, softening her gaze at the earth pony.

"Ah, think nothing of it. Celestia isn't the most-"

"-Yes, yes, no need for slander. Nonetheless, I'd be covered in liquor if it weren't for you." Octavia bowed, only to get yanked right back up. She breathed out stiffly through her muzzle. "M-my apologies, Twi-"

"Octi, you just look darling in your bow tie." Octavia dropped her pleasant demeanor against her own will. She need not even look up, the scent alone told her it was none other than the Princes of the Sun who'd pulled her up. "Mng, you'd look so, so much cuter in socks, too..."

"Tia!" A new voice cried, getting all three heads to turn. Princess Luna revealed herself, and to Octavia and Twilight's delight, she wasn't drunk. "Stop. Go home, Tia, you're drunk."

"N-Nonsense, Lulu," Celestia spat. "I may be drunk, but I can...h-hic...stay here for as long as I want." Luna sighed, picking up her sister. She moved her muzzle down to Celestia's ear.

"Tia, you're embarrassing me. You're making sexual comments to our guests again," she whispered. Celestia roared with laughter. She lifted her sister's head up, staring into her eyes.

"J-Jealous, are we?" Celestia lowered her eyebrows, her cheeks reddening the closer she got to Luna. Luna rolled her eyes, shoving her sister off of her. She waved one of the guards over, whispering some commands before motioning him to leave.

Octavia stood dumbfounded with Twilight, their mouths both agape. "Are all the afterparties like this with the Royal Sisters?" Twilight rapidly shook her head. "Wait, Princess Twi-"

"Just 'Twilight' is fine, Octavia."

"Sure, sure. Twilight, do you know the reason for this concert anyway? I wasn't really given a reason for playing, and it's not a holiday as far as I know," Octavia questioned. Twilight's hoof gradually made its way to her forehead.

"Oh, it's a holiday alright," she said flatly. Octavia leaned forward, a puzzling look overtaking her face. Twilight dropped her voice into a low tone, so the sisters wouldn't hear. "It's Celestia's monthly Drunk Shipping Event. She gets drunk, picks two random ponies, then tries to get them...hm, ah...How do I put this?"

"Laid, maybe?" Octavia grumbled. Twilight sighed, nodding her head. "Oh, Celestia, why me?"

"It's all for laughs. She tried to set me up with..." Twilight shuddered at the memory. "Ugh...n-never mind."

"So, is Celestia flirting with me because she picked herself this month?" Octavia asked. Again, Twilight shook her head.

"Mm, no. She always flirts when she's drunk. That has nothing to do with her, erm, 'event'. She's trying to set you up with Soarin," Twilight sighed. "I'm...gonna go. I can't stand to see Celestia when she's drunk."

"Of course. Thanks, Twilight." Octavia waved as Twilight flew off. "This is going to be a long night," she sighed.