• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 6,378 Views, 2,988 Comments

Transformers: The Requiem - JDPrime22



Over a year later after the terrible aftermath of the Decepticon invasion, Princess Twilight discovers something deep within the Everfree Forest, something not of her world.

  • ...
21
 2,988
 6,378

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15-Revival

“Alright, girls, we’re not leaving here without Applejack!”

The five friends had just reached the top of the hill before seeing a large group of stallions dressed just like the previous two. They were scattered around the farm, nothing but an infestation like the Everfree Forest was. As if on cue, the stallions all reacted to the presence of Princess Twilight and acted as if they had planned for this to happen.

“Let’s go get ‘em!” Rainbow Dash shouted, followed quickly by Pinkie Pie and Rarity. Fluttershy stayed behind with Twilight, who had quickly realized what the stallions were doing.

“Rainbow Dash, wait! Don’t get too close to-!” Twilight warned, but it was already too late.

Just like the two back at the castle, these ponies had those strange devices attached to their forelegs. This time, however, they actually used them.

Rainbow Dash yelped in surprise once a blue bullet flew right past her ear, followed by another one that sliced off a piece of her mane. Rainbow made a distraught face, but she quickly took action and flew back, snatching up Pinkie and Rarity right before the bullets could hit either of them. She took them both back to Twilight, who had created a massive bubble of protective energy. The blasts merely bounced off her bubble, allowing Rainbow Dash a safe passage inside.

Twilight already noticed the stallions moving in on them, firing round after round from those strange weapons. She looked back at her friends, seeing as if they were waiting for her to figure out what to do. The blasts were obviously fatal, no use in fighting them head on now. However, it did give Twilight an idea.

Focusing a large amount of energy on her next magical wave, the bubble around the five began to crack from the constant blasts ricocheting off of its clear, purple surface.

“Um, Twilight, your dome is breaking!” Rarity announced, receiving no response from the Alicorn.

Worry quickly spread, but instantly faded away when Twilight fired a large wave of magic at the stallions swarming in on them. The wave knocked every single pony on their back, disorienting and blinding them at the same time. The purple bubble shattered. Twilight turned to Rainbow Dash.

“Now!”

Her confused expression quickly shifted to a determined one. Rainbow was the first to take action. Her rainbow trail zoomed to each stallion for about two seconds each. In that span of two seconds, Rainbow Dash planted her hooves on the device sticking out of the ponies’ hoof and smashed it to the dirt with all of her strength. Needless to say they shattered into tiny, metal pieces.

“Together, girls, while we have the upper hoof!” Twilight ordered, galloping full speed at the group of confused stallions. Pinkie Pie and Rarity quickly rose up from the dirt and joined Twilight in battle. Fluttershy was left cowering, her hooves covering her eyes.

The well-trained stallions struggled to get back to their hooves, but managed nonetheless. Once everypony was up, that’s when the real fight began.

Rarity blasted several ponies back with her magical charms. Not a single hoof was laid on her, she made sure of it. Pinkie Pie was everywhere at every time, confusing the enemies to no end. Pinkie appeared, disappeared, and reappeared in front of a group of three stallions. They fired at her, but their bullets only hit dirt. It took them a few seconds to realize that she was on their partner’s head, glaring down at them from below.

“You big meanies!” Pinkie yelled, jamming her hooves down on the pony’s head, smashing his face to the dirt.

Rainbow Dash couldn’t be stopped, or shot for that matter. They tried, they really did, but their training didn’t prepare them to fight a Pegasus this fast, let alone the one and only Rainbow Dash.

“Why can’t we hit her?!” one pony questioned, only to have Rainbow’s hind leg buck him square in the jaw when he was busy staring at her rainbow trail.

Rainbow snickered and said, “Because I’m faster than bullets, smart one!”

The fight continued. Twilight Sparkle shot a magical beam right into the nearest stallion’s chest, knocking him flat on his rump. Before he even considered getting up, Twilight planted her hoof down on his chest, pushing him into the dirt. She glared at him. The stallion glared right back.

“Where’s Applejack?” Twilight growled.

The stallion only chuckled.

“What have you done with her?!”

Her ears twitched once the sound of a door opening caught her attention. Twilight brought her head up to the house. She yelped and quickly activated a magical shield, deflecting the shining bullet intended to hit her right between the eyes.

What she saw were three more of the strange ponies standing right in the doorway to Applejack’s home. The middle one, also the largest of the bunch, had the same weapon the others had pointed directly at her. He frowned when he didn’t see Twilight’s intended corpse soaking the grass blood red.

“Princess Twilight,” he said to her, stepping down from the porch and making his way over to her, the two smaller stallions right next to him.

Twilight took a step forward, her glare strong enough to pierce glass. “What have you done with my friend?!” she shouted. The sound of her voice made Brass Hoof believe she was tired of waiting to hear if her friend was alive or dead.

“We won’t have to worry about her for now…” he said, pointing the weapon right at Twilight’s frowning face, “It looks like we have a new target at the moment.”

The Alicorn prepared herself for another shield, but realized quickly that she wouldn’t need one.

A large blast was heard; terrifying everypony in the orchard, even Brass Hoof closed his eyes and jumped away from the sound. While the stallions were too shocked and dazed to comprehend where the sound had come from, Twilight was already staring at the barn, the source of the blast.

Her heart stopped.

Then started again.

Once again, the barn doors exploded, and out came Optimus Prime. Alive.

He was alive.

All interest was completely lost in the five mares. The attacking ponies all stared in shock as Optimus Prime barreled over the grassy knoll, large pieces of wood flying across the landscape. Two screaming unicorns were sent flying into a bundle of trees from Prime’s eruption, knocking them out instantly.

While the others stared, one brave pony (whose blaster wasn’t destroyed by Rainbow Dash) pointed it straight at Optimus.

“Fire!”

The remaining members who still had working weapons all focused their firepower on the alien before them. Metal pieces flew everywhere as the blue bullets struck Optimus’ rusty armor. The bullets literally tore right through Prime’s outer coverings.

Optimus quickly got back to his feet. He brought his arms up to stop the blasts from hitting him in the head. He couldn’t protect all of him, however, and the stallions quickly went to work on his legs.

Their bullets tore through Optimus’ legs, forcing Prime down to one knee. The ponies moved in closer to hopefully get a shot at his face and end this once and for all. Never did they expect an Autobot to hit them.

Stallions flew in all directions. Optimus got back up to his full height, taking advantage of the situation these ponies found themselves in when they tried to kill him. Optimus kicked the advancing ones aside, allowing him to smack the remaining into the mud.

And all those five little mares could do was watch it unfold.

Fluttershy was awestruck. Her mind far too lost to comprehend what was happening. A part of her was terrified to see Optimus beating up ponies, another part was considerate of Prime’s situation and how he must defend himself, and the last part of her was still surprised to see him alive.

Rarity had all but dramatically fainted not too long ago. Simply the sight of him moving and proving to them all that he was here, he was Optimus Prime, was too much for the unicorn.

Pinkie Pie couldn’t believe what she was seeing. Out of all the jaws that dropped, Pinkie’s literally touched the ground. Her eyes were the widest too, staring at Prime’s movements as he deflected the blasts and fought back with all that he was.

Rainbow Dash slowly shook her head. She couldn’t believe it. Optimus was dead when she visited him, but here he was fighting for his life…that he somehow regained. She didn’t know whether to help him or just sit there and watch, because it looked as if Optimus had it handled pretty well.

That just left Twilight.

No words could describe the joy she felt in her heart. Although her face was trapped in a state of awe, her mind was reeling and her heart was fluttering. It seems as if her actions couldn’t enact what her soul felt at the moment, it was simply too amazing. It also seems that Princess Celestia was wrong. They don’t have Energon, but here he was. Optimus Prime was alive.

And he fought.

Brass Hoof watched as all his best soldiers were simply bashed away like common flies. He gritted his teeth and approached the alien, firing his blaster the entire time. Optimus saw the bullets coming and brought up his arms. Optimus’ metal flew off in bits from every shot Brass got on him, even then Optimus didn’t surrender. Neither did Brass. The stallion did not falter or back down. He fired and fired on Prime until he was right in front of him.

Optimus backhanded him.

Taking a few tumbles, Brass Hoof came to rest underneath a nearby apple tree. He groggily raised his head up to see all of his troops defeated. If his squad members weren’t lying in the dirt crying in pain, they were struggling to get up, only to have their weight and the pain push them back down.

Brass Hoof took in several painful breaths. He brought his gaze back to Optimus Prime.

Optimus stood amongst the wounded lying around him. When he caught Brass’ gaze, he narrowed his optics directly at him, daring him to attack again.

He knew it was over. This was a devastating defeat for the AAA. What would the world think when their first mission to eliminate an alien was a failure? Heck, what would Noctune think about all of this? He would no doubt have Brass’ throat when he heard of it. His soldiers were wounded, lying in their own spilled blood. He knew he had to call the mission.

So, Brass Hoof said the word he thought he would never have to say when he joined the AAA.

“Everypony…retreat!”

It was so well-organized, even for a bunch of injured ponies. The stallions all forced themselves to get up, mentally pushing themselves away from the farm as fast as they possibly could. They all gathered around the carriages, pegasi, earth ponies, and unicorns alike. Once the pegasi took flight and the earth ponies and unicorns got to safety, the carriages revved to life, made a 180, and drove as fast as they could away from Sweet Apple Acres.

The remaining four ponies stared at the carriages make their hasty escape. Once the dirt from their wheel marks had faded away, the girls slowly turned their heads towards Optimus. Rarity had just awoken from fainting not too long ago, joining her friends in the uneasy silence that followed the amazing spectacle shown before their innocent eyes.

Optimus Prime remained staring at the carriages until they were far out of sight. His gears crunched and his metal squeaked in pestering noises as he slowly turned to face five pairs of colorful eyes staring right at him.

The temperature suddenly dropped.

The five mares kept on watching Optimus, shocked, stupefied, whatever expression showed that they were amazed, that is what they expressed. It had been so long, so very long that the ponies didn’t know if they should be happy or if they should continue silently staring at him, waiting to see if he would make the first move.

Optimus Prime didn’t move.

Taking several cautious breaths, Twilight Sparkle stood back up. She made one brave step closer to him…

Optimus turned and began to walk away.

Shock suddenly faded from their very perspective, and the five ponies took quick action.

“Wait,” Twilight said, taking more steps towards him. Optimus didn’t stop and continued onwards to the massive forest up ahead. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash shared Twilight’s confused stare, following right behind their Alicorn friend. Rarity and Fluttershy followed.

“Optimus…Optimus Prime! Wait up!” Twilight shouted, trying so desperately to catch his attention. He refused to meet her glance and continued towards the forest.

“Hey, Optimus, we’re talking to you! Hellooo?!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Optimus Prime! Down here!” Pinkie squealed from behind.

Twilight spread her wings, taking flight as she quickly approached Optimus’ backside. “Optimus Prime, don’t you remember u-AAAHHH!”

The ponies jumped back in surprise. Optimus spun around, grabbing Twilight with his left hand and smashing her into the dirt. All the air was knocked out of the Alicorn, but Prime’s fist did not come down on her. Instead, it held her down, which allowed the massive Autobot to bring his head down close to the pony.

“Hey! What’s the big idea?!” Rainbow Dash said. Optimus did not answer her.

Twilight’s eyes grew wide. Optimus Prime’s face was hovering about seven feet above her. She saw his right fist clench in her peripheral vision, causing her to shudder in fear. She never felt scared in front of an Autobot, but right now she didn’t really know. Never has Optimus threatened to hurt her before. Why was he doing this?

She didn’t have to wait long, because Optimus began to speak.

And she never expected him to say it.

“Who are you…and why do you keep calling me ‘Optimus Prime’?”

PreviousChapters Next