• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 10,756 Views, 886 Comments

How He Truly Feels - N7_Spartan117



Discord takes Rarity on a trip through time to show her how Spike truly feels about her.

  • ...
61
 886
 10,756

The Crystal Empire

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DO NOT LOVE HIM?!?!” shouted Rarity angrily. Discord only gave her a sideways glance as he started the time spell. “I have seen what he goes through for me and how he loves me.”

“Yes, you have, but you have only seen the surface of his suffering,” said Discord as he conjured a large box of tissues for her. “You will need these.”

“Whatever would I need these for?”

“Well, considering how much you cry, something tells me you may need more,” Discord started to conjure more boxes around Rarity, making a stack almost as tall as her.

“Well, that doesn't ans….. wait a minute! I do not cry a lot!” said Rarity defensively.

Discord rolled his eyes, making them pop out of his head. The ocular cavities then began projecting past images of Rarity crying, “You were saying?”

“Well…I…uh…uh. Quit avoiding my question! What do you mean I haven’t seen the pain Spike has been through?” asked Rarity as the time spell started moving the scenery around them Soon, it revealed where Discord had taken her: the lower sanctums of the Crystal Castle.

“Well, isn't this place depressing?” remarked Discord as he turned his claw into a lantern to lead the way. As they ventured further into the castle, they found Twilight and Spike standing at the door leading to nowhere, with Twilight crying.


“What were you looking at?” asked Spike as he tried to pull Twilight out of her trance. “I mean... it's just a wall.” As Spike looked into the door, Discord cast a spell to take them into Spike’s vision.

“Rarity’s shop? How did I get . . . ?” asked Spike as he walked around the shop. It wasn’t long before he found an illusion of Rarity working in her workroom. “Oh….hey, Rarity.”

“Huh…Oh, it you,” said the illusion Rarity in a lackluster tone.

“How are you?” asked Spike as he walked towards her.

“Fine,” answered Rarity, her emotionless tone persisting.

“Would you like me to help you?”

“No.”

“Really? Maybe I could get you some fabric?” said Spike as he rushed over to get some.

“No.”

“Oh, well, maybe I could get you some tea?” Spike quickly ran into the kitchen and right back, at a speed almost superior to Rainbow Dash, carrying a tray of hot tea with him.

“NO!!!” shouted the illusion Rarity in anger, scaring Spike causing him to fall and spill the tea on himself.

“I'm sorry,” said Spike quickly as he tried to clean up the mess, “I…I just wanted to help you.”

“What makes you think I would want your help?”

“I…I…you don’t. I just want to—”

“What? Be near me?” interrupted the illusion Rarity, “I know about your little crush on me, and I must say, it is quite pathetic.”

“You…you knew that I liked you?”

“Of course I did. You are quite terrible at being subtle,” said illusion Rarity as she watched him closer.

“Rarity….I wanted to tell you but—”

“But you thought that I would reject you?”

“Yes!” answered Spike as he started to stand.

“Well, I hate to break it to you, but I don’t love you.”

“Oh…” Spike started to feel his heart shatter into a million pieces.

“Aw, did I bweak you wittle heart?” asked illusion Rarity sarcastically, mocking the poor dragon. As Spike tried to fight back his tears, the illusion of Rarity violently pushed him back to the ground.

“GET AWAY FROM HIM!!!” shouted Rarity at the sight.

“Ow! Rarity that hurt,” said Spike as he rubbed a spot on his arm that was bruised from the fall.

“Oh, boo-hoo, little Spikey got hurt. Who cares? You're just a dragon,” said the illusion as she stood over him.

“Rarity, why…why are you doing this?” asked Spike as he tried to get up, only to be pushed back down.

“Because I can. Tell me, did you really think I would ever love you?”

“I…I…I hoped you would,” answered Spike. The illusion then began to laugh at the drake.

“Well, I have some news for you,” said the illusion as her laughter died, “I don’t love you, and never will.”

“No, I do love him!” yelled Rarity at the illusion.

"Did you honestly think a self-respecting pony like myself would ever love you?”

“No, but…” said Spike before he was pushed down for the third time.

“That right! I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t be caught dead with a dragon as a coltfriend, or even a friend!” said the illusion, as she moved to let him finally stand. With tears in his eyes, Spike decided to try one last thing to win over the illusion of Rarity.

“But I love you, Rarity. Do you hear me? I LOVE YOU!!!” Hearing this caused Rarity to blush and her heart to beat fast, ecstatic that he still loved her, but her joy was short-lived.

“I know, and I don’t care,” replied the illusion in a stern tone. “Now why don’t you go and find some other pony to love. Oh, I forgot. What pony would ever want to be with you?”

“But…but I love yo-”

“Read my lips. I DON’T LOVE YOU!!!”shouted the illusion. With tears in his eyes, Spike started to run out of her shop towards the library, only for his nightmare to continue.


“Spike wait, I do love you!” yelled Rarity as if he could hear her. Discord cast the time spell to take her to Twilight’s library, a week after the Crystal Empire. They had landed in Twilight and Spike’s room with both asleep.


“No…No….please don’t,” mumbled Spike as he tossed and turned in his sleep. “But…I love you, Rarity. Please don’t say that….” Spike’s constant mumbling eventually woke Twilight.

“Ugh…Spike?” asked Twilight as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

“No…I do love you, please don’t say that….”

“Spike,” said Twilight as she walked over to his bed, but like before, he did not respond.

“No…No…No!” yelled Spike pulling himself out of the nightmare. As Spike took quick, short breaths, he noticed Twilight standing in front of him with a look of concern on her face.

“The nightmares again?”

“Yes,” answered Spike as he looked down at his legs, to avoid her gaze.

“What was it this time?” asked Twilight soothingly as she sat down beside him.

“Well, Rarity and I were standing in the middle of the desert, and I confessed my feelings to her.”

“And she told you that she didn't love you?”

Spike just sat there in silence, mentally going over every detail of his dream. “No. She told me I was too late,” he answered, tears running down his face. Rarity stood in shock as she watched Spike bury his face in Twilight's fur. “Am I, Twilight?”

“No, you’re not, Spikey,” answered Rarity as she started to feel a sharp pain in her heart. Discord could only give a small grin, happy that he was able to make her understand.

“I don’t think so,” answered Twilight and Discord in unison, shocking Rarity. As Twilight tried to comfort the drake, Rarity stood awestruck by Discord's comment.

“Do you really think it’s not too late for us?” asked Rarity as she pointed to herself and Spike.

Discord nodded his head in response with smile on his face, “Yes, but do you?”

“I…I don’t know. Discord, look at all the damage I've done to him,” said Rarity as she pointed to the still crying drake. “He deserves so much better.” As Rarity thought of losing Spike, her eyes began to water and stream down her face.

“That all depends on who you ask,” remarked Discord as he conjured a tissue for her. “But if you ask me, I think he should be with you.” Hearing this somehow brought comfort to Rarity, who only smiled at him, but her smile soon faded and changed into a stern expression.

“Show me more,” she ordered as she finished composing herself, shocking Discord.

“What?”

“You heard me. Show me what else I have done to him,” said Rarity as she looked back at Spike who, after Twilight's encouraging words, was smiling again.

“Okay, how about I show you what he had planned to do if his nightmare ever came true?” asked Discord as he charged up his magic. Rarity only gave him a nod before being engulfed by the magic

Author's Note:

Ok I realize that some of you may be wondering why did I write Spike's dream like that. Well, one I could not really think of anything else without it being a repeat. Two, some of this I have actually experienced, manly parts of Canterlot Wedding, Nightmare Rarity, this one, and from here on out. Also I might have to take a small leave of absent, its my last year of high school and some of my grades I need to work on. I will try to update and write when I can, but just know it won't be as frequent.


Friendship is Magic
A Dog and Pony Show
Green isn't your color
Best night ever
Secret of my excess
Hearts and Hooves Day{Idea given by Ugly-Duckling123}
Dragons Quest
A Canterlot Wedding{idea given by DarkPhantom13}.
IDW comic Nightmare Rarity
What Have I Done{Spike's Chapter}
The Crystal Empire
Equestria Girls/Rainbow Rocks{maybe}
Rarity Takes Manehattan
Inspiration Manifestation
Queen Rarity
?
End
Epilogue