• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 1,206 Views, 14 Comments

Younger Generation - Seanzilla115



Being the only Cutie Mark Crusaders, AppleBloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo look and to try to find more members for the group

  • ...
1
 14
 1,206

Gem of the Night

Over at the school, it seemed like a nice day, with the Cutie Mark Crusaders simply waiting for class to start. They had heard a new student was going to join the class today, and they were a bit excited about it.

"I wonder what this new kid's gonna be like?" Scootaloo wondered.

"Let's hope shes not like Diamond Tiara," Applebloom hoped, also slightly hoping said spoiled filly was sick today. But this was simply hopeful thinking, as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon trotted on in.

"Well well, if it isn't the Blank Flanks. What're you six up to?" Tiara asked in her usual manner.

"That's none of your business," Scootaloo frowned

"Hey, did you know we're getting a new student today?" Silver Spoon asked Diamond Tiara.

"I hope it's not another Blank Flank. I mean, seriously, it's like they're bugs or something, they keep on multiplying!" Diamond tiara laughed, making most of the CMC (minus Timid who slid down her seat to hide) glare at the spoiled filly.

Scootaloo grimaced at that, and watched as Ms. Cherrlie was at the door, waiting around for the new student to walk in.

"Good morning class."

"Good morning, Ms. Cheerilee," the students greeted.

"As you all know, we'll be getting a new student today," she informed her class as she turned to the door. After a few seconds, in walked a young pegasus filly, with her body being black, her mane and tail being violet and her eyes being a brilliant shade of blue, "Class, I'd like to introduce you all to Amethyst."

The filly in question, looked fairly nervous as she gave a small wave, "Uh… hi…g...glad to meet you all."

"So Amethyst, if you'd like, may you please tell the class where you're from?" Cheerilee asked.

"...Canterlot," was her response, making most of the class gasp a bit in surprise, "I...I come from Canterlot."

"Wow. And Ah thought Timid being from out of Equestria was cool," Applebloom giggled, making Timid whimper a bit, "Oops...sorry Timid…"

"I...it's okay," the shy filly stuttered a bit.

"Doesn't she remind you of her a bit?" Diamond whispered to Silver Spoon, gesturing to Timid Swallow.

"Yeah..she kinda does," Silver Spoon whispered back before noticing the grin growing on her 'friend's' face, "..We're going to mess with her, aren't we?'

"No… but I do have a better idea. but first, we need to see if she has her Cutie Mark," the spoiled filly whispered.

'...Uh oh...if that meanie is grinning, it's never good,' Quirky thought, managing to see the grin on Diamond Tiara's face.
---
During recess, Amethyst walked around, nervous, kinda like Timid would at times. Then, however, as she was walking along…

(BAM!)

"OMPH!" she grunted as somepony accidentally knocked her to the ground, and she got nervous. "Oh… no no no! I'm so so so sorry!"

"It's okay," the filly she accidentally bumped into (which happened to be Scootaloo) replied as she got up and offered her hoof to her, "Need some help?"

"Uh… t-t-thanks…" Amethyst replied, being helped up by Scootaloo, "I..I'm sorry for bumping into you."

"It's cool. I'm Scootaloo," she introduced herself with a small smile, "I was just about to meet my friends real quick before we head back to class. Want to come meet them?"

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the Orphan Flightless Blank Flank talking to the new kid," Diamond Tiara's voice chuckled, making Scootaloo frown.

"...What do you want, Diamond Tiara?" Scootaloo asked, not looking at the spoiled filly as she walked over to the two.

"Oh nothing. I just wanted to talk to the new kid," she informed, using her tail to move Amethyst over. "So… let me tell you about some… special rules, new kid. Rule 1, all new ponies have gotta show their Cutie Mark. if they have one..."

"A C-Cutie Mark? W-Well… um…" Amethyst stuttered, shying away from Diamond when Silver Spoon appeared behind her and knocked Amethyst down, showing that she did not have a Cutie Mark, 'Oh no...'

"Oh look Diamond Tiara. She doesn't have a Cutie Mark," Silver Spoon said, pointing at the downed Amethyst, "You know what that means?"

"Blank Flank, blank flank!" Diamond tiara laughed cruelly.

This made Amethyst whimper, until Scootaloo stood in front of her defensively.

"Leave her alone! She's new here, and you two are making it bad for her," the pegasus filly frowned at the spoiled fillies. But they all watched as Amethyst began to cry, rushing back to the classroom, "...You're unbelievable, you know that?"
---
That night, Amethyst looked out her window and out to the stars, simply trying hard not to cry.

"Why...why does nopony like me?" she whispered to herself, trying to wipe the still forming tears away from her eyes, "Everywhere I go, it's the same. Somepony hates me because I don't have my Cutie Mark…"

She let her tears drip down for a moment, when she trotted out to get some water, and saw some ponies were working on painting the hallway, and it was during this, Amethyst got an idea.
---
The next day, the CMC arrived at Sugarcube Corner to see something Quirky wanted to show them, and to discuss something about Amethyst.

"Well, we're here Quirky. What is it that you wanted to talk to us about?" Scootaloo asked the dark green filly.

"...I think I know," Dawn Star spoke, "It's about that new student, Amethyst. Right?"

"Yeppers. After what meanie Diamond and Silver did yesterday, I got just the thing to cheer Amethyst up," Quirky nodded before pulling in something covered in a huge tarp, and she moved it to show a small chocolate cake, with frosting reading "Welcome to our school Amethyst", "Cake! Everypony loves cake after all, so this'll cheer Amethyst right up!"

"Did someone say cake?! I heard cake!" Mischief's voice spoke as he poofed in, wearing a bib while holding a fork and knife before noticing the cake, "...CAKE!"

"No Mischief," Timid scolded as she began to use The Stare on him, making Mischief stop in his tracks, "This cake is for our new student,"

"Oh… Ruby, was it?"

"Amethyst," Timid corrected.

"I would sure like some nice cakes" a random pony said, no one noticing Amethyst peeking in from the front door.

"Okay… here I go," she muttered, as she trotted on in.

"You sure she'll like it?" Applebloom asked.

"What flavor is it?" Sweetie Belle added in curiosity.

"Chocolate," Quirky answered.

"I love chocolate cakes," Amethyst giggled, as she joined the six members of the Crusaders where they were sitting.

"Say, aren't you Emerald?" Mischief asked.

"Amethyst," Dawn Star corrected him.

"Ahh...pleasure to meet ya, Sapphire," Mischief greeted, making the CMC and Amethyst sweatdrop a bit, the former who only now just realized what Mischief was.

"A…d... dragon?" she asked nervously.

"Yea… Is… there something wrong with that?" Dawn asked.

"Oh… n-no… just asking." Amethyst responded, trying to calm down a bit.

"...If my current form bothers you, I could turn into something else," Mischief offered as he changed into kitty, "Nya."

"Aww… a kitty," Amethyst giggled before hearing the door open.

"...Oh great, those meanies are here," Quirky frowned a bit when she saw Diamond Tiara and her 'friend' Silver Spoon walk in.

"What're you doing here, Blank Flanks?" Diamond asked.

"I...Isn't this a public place?" Timid Swallow asked.

"Is it? …" Amethyst wondered before turning to the two school bullies, and with a bit of a smirk, showed them her flank, which now had a violet amethyst Cutie Mark.

"Oh? you got your Cutie Mark already?" Diamond Tiara asked, a bit surprised.

"Sure did," Amethyst smiled, "So… I'm no… y'know…"

"...Wait...ho-woah!" Dawn Star yelped when the two bullies pushed her and Timid out of the way so they could sit next to Amethyst.

"You know, you should, like, totally hang out with us," Silver Spoon smiled.

"Yea. All of our names are gemstone names," Diamond Tiara added, "So what do ya say? Want to join us instead?"

"Well…I..I'm not sure...I mean...y...you two were mean to me yesterday," Amethyst stated.

"True, but that was before you got your Cutie mark," Silver Spoon added.

'Is that all they think makes a pony?' Dawn Star thought, frowning at the two bullies as she and Timid got up.

"Uh… well…," Amethyst stuttered, not sure how to respond.

"We'll let you hang out at my family's pool and you can order any food you want while we're here" Diamond offered.

"Uh… well… sure, I'll hang out with you guys," Amethyst replied after pondering for a few moments.

"Alrighty, let's get away from these Blank Flanks. They spread like wildfire," Diamond Tiara informed as she and Silver Spoon walked away, Amethyst following them..

"Hey… did any of you notice Amethyst's Cutie Mark looked a little… uneven?" Scootaloo asked.

"You're probably just imagining things, Chickenwings. Ol' Diamond and Silver stole Gold from us," Mischief commented.

"Huh?" Quirky blinked before she noticed the cake was gone, "..Ahh! those meanies ate the cake I made for Amethyst!"

"Right… Diamond and Silver did it…" Mischief added, quickly licking some chocolate away from his face before anypony could notice.

"I'm gonna go and see Twilight and ask her something," Scootaloo informed, slipping out from the seat and heading off.

"I'll come with you," Dawn spoke as she followed her friend.
---
"A pony with an uneven Cutie Mark?" Twilight blinked, confused as she went through her books.

"There's this new filly in our class, Amethyst, and-" Scootaloo began, when Spike ran down the stairs.

"Amethysts?! Where?! Where are the amethysts?!" Spike asked, drooling a bit.

"Sorry Spike, it's the name of one of our classmates," Dawn Star informed, making the dragon slump.

"Darn…" Spike sighed as he headed back upstairs.

"She has a Cutie Mark… and it looks rather… uneven."

"Uneven how?' Twilight asked.

"The tips on the amethyst gems on her Cutie Mark don't match up. And I thought Cutie Marks were supposed to look just like each-other on a single pony's flank," Dawn Star informed.

"I see…" Twilight noted, looking through all of the books she had on Cutie Marks as quick as she could, "There's nothing in any of these books about uneven Cutie Marks."

'You sure?"

"I'm positive," Twilight replied.

"Why don't we just ask her?" Dawn responded.

"We can't get close to her now that she's hanging out with Diamond and Silver-" Scootaloo responded, when suddenly Spike tripped down the stairs, and when he landed, he looked like he was drenched in his drool.

"WHERE?! Where are the diamonds and silver?!"

"Again..we weren't talking about gems related stuff, Spike," Dawn stated to him, "Plus, silver is a type of metal. Not a type of gem."

"Dang it," Spike sighed.
---
"Are you enjoying yourself, Amethyst?" Diamond tiara asked the filly as they and Silver Spoon hanged out at her family's private pool.

"Sure am," Amethyst responded, simply resting under the shade of an umbrella.

"Why don't you dip into the pool?" Silver Spoon asked, as she and Diamond were in the water.

"Uh… no thanks. I'm fine," Amethyst assured, relaxing.

"Alrighty," Diamond Tiara shrugged.
---
Back at the library the next day, Rainbow Dash trotted in through the front door.

"Hi girls. I was just here to return a book," Dash replied, with a book under her wing.

"Rainbow Dash… you've been to a lot of places… have you ever seen a pony with an uneven Cutie Mark?" Scootaloo asked.

"Uneven Cutie Mark?" Dash gawked, a bit confused before thinking, "Well…there was this one pegasus claiming to have two Cutie marks, but she ended up being called a liar when it started raining and made her second Cutie mark vanished."

"Wait… so… uneven Cutie Marks… are fake?"

"Yep. That filly painted her second Cutie Mark on," Dash confirmed.

"Umm… Ms. Dash… we need a favor… can you make it rain on someone?" Dawn Star requested.

"No can do. Sides, we're due for rain in about an hour anyway."

"Darn..thanks anyway Rainbow Dash," Dawn Star smiled when Scootaloo gasped.

"Wait a minute! Wasn't Amethyst hanging out with Diamond and Silver? If they find out she has a fake Cutie Mark right in front of them…" Scootaloo began to realize.

"...They'll no doubt mock her to no end," Dawn Star gasped before she looked at Twilight, "Sorry, but we gotta go!"

"Huh?" Twilight blinked as Dawn Star and Scootaloo rushed out in a hurry.

"...Am I missing something?" Rainbow Dash couldn't help but ask.

"...Whatever it is, it went over my head, too," Twilight admitted.

"...Should we follow them?"

"...I guess. Let's get going," Twilight shrugged as she and Dash walked towards the door before accidentally getting stuck in the doorway a bit when they tried leaving at the same time, "...s...sorry."

"I-It's okay," Dash replied, backing up so Twi could leave first, the alicorn and pegasus blushing a bit as they left to follow the two fillies, 'Wait..why am I blushing, especially around Twilight?...n..nevermind..it's probably nothing.'
---
"Wonder where they are now?" Dawn Star pondered as she and Scootaloo looked around for Amethyst and the two bullies.

"There they are!" Scootaloo pointed out, seeing said fillies not too far away from their current position, "Amethyst!"

"Hmm?" the pegasus filly blinked as she turned to see Dawn Star and Scootaloo run towards her.

"Aw great..it's two of the Blank Flanks," diamond tiara rolled her eyes in a bit of annoyance before giving a scowl towards them, "What do you two want?"

Before any response could be given, a raincloud rolled over them, and a few spots around Ponyville, and then it began to rain and pour, with Amethyst panicking.

"What's wrong, Amethyst?" Silver asked, confused by her panicking.

"N..nothing!" Amethyst yelped as she tried to use her wings to hide her 'Cutie Mark', 'oh no oh no oh no..oh Celestia and Luna no! Please not now!'

"I've never seen anypony act this panicky over a little rain before," Diamond noted before frowning at Amethyst, "You're hiding something, aren't you?"

"What's happening?" Dash wondered, hiding from above a cloud with Twilight.

"I don't know..but if anything happens, we'll step in," Twilight told her friend.

"N-No. I'm not hiding anything," Amethyst insisted, backing away from Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. She then tripped on something, and it showed them what she didn't want them to see: her Cutie Mark was only painted on, which was obvious now as the paint was dripping off due to the rain, "Oh...Oh horsefeathers…"

"Wait a minute...you were faking it!" Diamond Tiara snapped, making Amethyst flinch.

"Uh oh," Scootaloo and Dawn gulped.

"I..i'm sorry! I..I just wanted some friends and.." Amethyst began.

"Shut up! Ugh! I can't believe we hung out with a stupid Blank flank!" Diamond Tiara snapped before looking at her 'friend', "Right?!"

"Yea! Blank Flank," Silver Spoon added, as they both began to chant "Blank Flank" over and over again, and then Amethyst started to tear up, before flat out crying, curling up into a ball.

"...I've had enough of this," Twilight frowned, about to leave her hiding spot until.

"That's...it!" Dawn Star snapped as she glared at Diamond Tiara and stomped over to her, having finally had enough of her attitude "You are nothing but a bully who gets a kick out of tormenting others! Ms. Cheerilee teaches us to be kind to one another, not talk nasty to ponies who don't have their Cutie Marks yet! In fact, I bet your 'friend' Silver Spoon is scared to hang out with you because you threaten ponies by having your father 'sue' their parents and get them kicked out of their home!"

"Uh…" Scootaloo gawked at Dawn's sudden change in attitude while Diamond and Silver were scared, but Scootaloo then noticed something, Amethyst was running off, crying, "Amethyst, wait!"

"...You're lucky this time," Dawn frowned at the spoiled filly as she and Scootaloo chased after Amethyst, leaving Diamond and Silver alone.

"...Sh...she had to be lying...no way are you scared of me, right Silver Spoon?" Diamond Tiara asked her 'friend'."

"..."

"Right?" Diamond asked again in a stern tone.

"R...right! She's wrong," Silver Spoon nodded slowly.

"..I thought so," Diamond Tiara smirked as she began to leave, Silver Spoon slowly following behind her.
---
Meanwhile, Amethyst was curled up on the ground, crying as she hid underneath a tree to stay out of the rain, but when she saw Scootaloo and Dawn Star trying to catch up with her, Amethyst simply continued to run, but unfortunately, she was running right in the direction of the Everfree Forest before she ended up tripping right in front of the entrance, covering her in mud.

"Why… why do I have to be all alone…" Amethyst whimpered as she got up and resumed running, not caring where she was running to.

"Rainbow Dash, she ran into the Everfree Forest!" Scootaloo shouted, knowing full well that Rainbow Dash and Twilight were following them.

"Not good...the Everfree forest is dangerous when it's raining," Rainbow dash paled a bit.

"...Why's that?" Dawn Star asked.

"The Everfree Forest is said to be the most dangerous place in Equestria, having a lot of dangerous creatures here from Timberwolves to…" Twilight began until a loud roar filled the air, making Twilight and Rainbow dash pale more ,"..Dragons."

"D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DRAGONS?!"

"Yes...we need to hurry and find her," Twilight stated as she looked at the two fillies, "You two head back to my place. Me and Rainbow Dash will find her."

"Right," the two fillies gulped, knowing how dangerous full grown dragons are.
===
"...Mom… Dad… I miss you so much…" Amethyst whimpered, cowering behind a tree deep in the forest.

However, she froze up when she heard a loud roar.

"Oh please Luna no..no…" Amethyst gulped as she looked up, paling when she saw a large, aqua-marine scaled dragon flying overhead, "D… d... dragon…"

She cowered even more, huddling close to the tree, hoping the dragon wouldn't see her.

'S..Somepony...p..please...help me...help...me...' she thought in pure fear, her body shaking before freezing up when the dragon landed near her position. She started to back up a bit, before crying out in fear.

"HELP! SOMEPONY! ANYPONY! HELP ME!" Amethyst screamed at the top of her lungs, her voice echoing throughout the forest, not only catching the dragon's attention, but also the two flying ponies above. Then in came Rainbow Dash and Twilight, who knocked the dragon away from Amethyst.

The dragon shook it's head, getting rid of it's small headache as it began to fly away, upset that it couldn't eat at the moment.

"You okay?" Twilight asked.

"...Princess Twilight…" Amethyst gawked. "Help… please… I'm horrified of dragons…"

"Why?"
---
Years ago, Amethyst who was just a little bit older then an infant, was being carried through a forest similar to the Everfree, and it was raining at the moment.

"Come on, we need to get out of here," Amethyst's mom, a black pegasus with teal eyes, a blue mane, and a map with an 'X' on it, for a Cutie Mark, told another pegasus, a white stallion with a purple mane, red eyes, and a Cutie Mark with a design of a treasure chest. "We managed to get the Dragon's Amethyst… so now we need to get out of this stupid forest."

"I know Luka," the stallion informed until a large black dragon landed before the two, baring its teeth as it was hungry for pony meat. The two pegasi tried to fly away, but the dragon slashed at their wings, causing them to plummet down, with Luka just barely able to keep their daughter from being hurt, while the stallion caught the Dragon's Amethyst which was a large amethyst that looked like a dragon's scale. It wasn't long, though, before the dragon was able to catch up with the two injured pegasi.

Having barely any strength left, the male pegasus looked at Luka before looking down at the filly she was carrying.

"...I'll distract it..you get our daughter to a safe place," he told Luka, trying his best to hold back his tears, knowing this'll be the last he'll see them.

"Marvelous… don't be insane! You'll die, and we'll lose the Dragon's Amethyst!" Luka responded.

"I'd rather die and lose the gem, then let you and our baby girl die!" the stallion, Marvelous, responded. "...Amethyst… that sounds… lovely… I know what to name our daughter… Amethyst,"

"..Marvelous…" Luka whispered, holding her tears back as Marvelous galloped away from them, getting the dragons attention as it gave chase, allowing the mare to get away, despite her injuries.

Marvelous stayed, trying to hold it off, despite his injuries, however, he was hit by a heavy tail smack, which caused some bones in his chest to shatter, and blood began to drip from injures.

"Have… a happy life… Amethyst…" Marvelous muttered with his final breath, a small dying smile on his face.

Over with Luka, her stamina was almost completely spent as she collapsed on the ground, panting heavily.

'I...I'm almost to Canterlot...m..maybe the princess...' she couldn't finish her thought as the sound of the dragon's roar filled the air once more, 'No… not now...'

She looked down to her daughter, and the Dragon's Amethyst, having only enough energy to carry one to safety. And so, wanting to make sure her daughter stayed safe, she dropped the Dragon's Amethyst, and carried her daughter the rest of the way, using what stamina and strength she had left, She had just barely managed to get to the town's gates, when the dragon attacked her.

"Gaah!" Luka cried out, the dragon's talon having crushed her lower half as it looked at her with a hungry gaze, "S...Somepony please…." she hugged her daughter tight as the dragon began to open its mouth, "Help…"

As she hugged her daughter, who was crying louder than ever, a blast of magic was sent out, attacking the dragon, getting it off of Luka, but this is the last that Amethyst could remember clearly.
---
"Both my parents died to a dragon… they're so scary…" Amethyst whimpered, her entire body shaking as she unintentionally hugged Twilight tight.

"Don't worry… things will be okay…" Twilight tried to assure, when the dragon came back and smacked Dash into Twilight, causing them to fly into a nearby tree, both were injured, but still alive.

"PRINCESS!" Amethyst shouted in fear. She then reached for something, a bell attached to a blue string, and the bell had a crescent moon on it. she then shook the bell, and it's ringing echoed out, 'Please… get here in time princess...'

After a few seconds, the dragon had gotten closer to the poor filly when it was pelted by magical bolts, and to most everypony's surprise, Princess Luna showed up.

"Princess… Luna…" Twilight gasped weakly, trying her best to stay awake.. Princess Luna glanced over to them, and did a small healing spell on her and Dash, before turning her attention back to the dragon.

"How DARE you?! Thoust DARE to try and harm MY pupil?! She has gone through enough trouble with thy kind in the past, but now ye would dare to scar her more?!"

The Dragon gave a growl in response as it glared at the moon princess/goddess. She then fired of a powerful energy blast at the dragon, forcing it back away even further.

"I willst say this only once. Leave my pupil alone, and thoust shall not suffer no more of thy wrath!" Luna shouted again.

The dragon gave a low growl as it turned around and began to fly away.

"Princess…" Amethyst whispered just as Luna turned her gaze to the filly.

"Amethyst," Luna responded, flying down quickly to the young pegasus' side, "Are you alright? You are unhurt?"

"Y… yes…"

"Thank goodness," Luna smiled, holding the young filly close as Twilight and Rainbow Dash flew over.

"Princess Luna… how do you know her?"

"She's… my mommy," Amethyst responded, making both Dash and Twilight gawk.

"But, you just told us both your parents are dead!" Dash informed.

"Adoptive mother," Princess Luna informed.

"...Oh…" the two mares nodded.

"Aye… you see… two years ago, after you and your friends freed me from the control of Nightmare Moon… I tried to relearn everything that has been going on over the years… months after…" Luna paused as she looked down at Amethyst, who lost consciousness as she was completely exhausted now, "I had found her and her mother, who was beneath a dragon's talons. I had managed to push the dragon back… but… I was too late to save her mother… with her last words… she told me something."

"What was that?" Twilight asked.

"'Please… look after my daughter…' those were her last words," Luna informed, small tears forming in her eyes, "I wish I was able to save her… as I feel unfit to have her as a daughter… but…" she then looked at the sleeping filly, "I simply could not leaveth this poor filly all alone…"

"Wow…" Twilight smiled.

"Are you sure she's not your child by blood? You two actually look alike," Dash commented.

"I sometimes get that when I'm near her, yes," Luna replied, "But...sadly, I do not have anypony special…" 'Not since...Silent Night...'

"You said… she's your pupil?" Twilight asked, a bit confused still.

"...While I care for her as a daughter… I decided to take her in as my pupil… just as my sister took you in… Princess Twilight," Luna explained, seeing Amethyst was too tired to stay awake and listen to that part of the conversation. "But please… do not telleth her this…"

"...Don't worry..I won't," Twilight replied with a small, reassuring smile.

Luna just smiled in response, giving her sister's pupil a small pat.

"Rainbow Dash has a point, she does look a lot like you… but… have you told her about her parent's passing?"

"She remembers it as clearth as day…I have not ever toldeth her," Luna informed, "Haveth you received my note?"

"...What note?" Twilight inquired.
---
"...I'm starting to get worried," Dawn noted as she and the rest of the CMC met up and were waiting inside the library part of Twilight's castle, Mischief resting nearby...while floating on the air.

Soon, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Princess Luna, and the still asleep Amethyst arrived.

"Princess Luna!" all of the Crusaders gawked.

"And Crystal!" Mischief added.

"Amethyst!" the Crusaders corrected.

"That's what I said! Emerald!"

"Her name is...ugh..I give up," Dawn Star sighed.

"Is Amethyst alright?! We've been soooooooooooo worried about her!" Quirky responded.

"My pupil is simply asleep," Princess Luna assured.

"Your… pupil?!" Dawn Star gawked.

"It's a long story. I'll explain later," Luna informed, before she glanced over to Mischief, "He is… the son of Discord, correctth?"

"Thou are correct, princess moonbutt," Mischief grinned, making Luna frown a bit in annoyance.

"...I can see a bit of his father in him," the moon princess grumbled a bit, "Please… try and keep him away from my pupil… she is terrified of dragons,"

"She said she wasn't," Scootaloo informed.

"Twas all a bluff. Her… parents were killed by dragons… so she hasth an innate fear of the beasts, so… don't look like a dragon around her…" Luna told Mischief, before turning to Twilight, "And be sure to tell thy assistant to be careful when she's in the room."

"Got it," Twilight nodded.

"Hey Twilight!" Spike called as he entered the room, "I'm glad I found you. You got a message from Princess…" he paused when he saw the Moon Princess in the room, "..Luna…"

"She told me… why did you forget to give it to me?"

"...I dunno," Spike shrugged.

Twilight simply rolled her eyes and used her magic to levitate the letter into the air. "'Dear Princess Twilight, I have a request for you. I have sendeth my daughter/pupil, Amethyst, to Ponyville, to study with you. Seeing how she has no friends there, I wish for you to mentor her, and possibly live with you and young Dawn Star so thoust can teacheth her the magic of friendship. I hope you can make her a great mentor to her princess. Signed: Luna, the Princess of the Night.' So… now I have my hooves full with more than one apprentice…"

"But we can help you," Scootaloo assured.

"Thanks girls… but," Twilight began.

"Excuseth me but...what did thou mean by having thy hooves full?" Luna asked.

"...Didn't Celestia tell you that I have Trixie as my apprentice?" Twilight asked back.

'..I hate it when sister forgets to tell me these things,' Luna thought with a small frown, "...I knoweth it may be a hassle…but…I must insist. Will you please be her mentor, too?"

"...Sure," Twilight smiled, as Luna moved Amethyst into her hooves. "She's so precious… don't worry Princess Luna, I won't let you down with this task."

"I thank thee Princess Twilight," Luna nodded with a smile of her own, looking at her sleeping daughter, "I know you'll do a good job teaching her."
---
"Ugh...finally, Trixie's home!" Trixie groaned as she walked over to the entrance of Twilight's home/castle/library, "That is the last time Trixie tries and do an audition at Applewood."

Thus, Trixie opened the door, and while she half-expected Dawn Star to be there, she was confused when she saw a black pegasus filly (Amethyst) helping the young alicorn put away the books.

"So Dawn Star… we're friends, right?" Amethyst inquired.

"Yes we are, Amethyst," the Alicorn filly reassured her with a smile, "So, if Diamond Tiara tries anything, don't worry. Me and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders will keep you safe from her."

"...Thank you… thank you so… so much…" Amethyst smiled, a few tears starting to form in her eyes, as she hugged her friend.

"...The Great and slightly confused Trixie demands to know who this pegasus is!" Trixie shouted, getting Dawn Star's attention.

"Oh… this is Princess Luna's pupil and adoptive daughter Amethyst," Dawn explained.

"...I see…" Trixie noted slowly as she walked past the fillies, "If anypony needs Trixie, she'll be in her room…"

"...I..Is she alright?" Amethyst couldn't help but ask once Trixie left for her room upstairs.

"...it's hard to tell sometimes," Dawn Star informed before Mischief poofed in, taking on the appearance of an owl.

"You'll no doubt find out in 5...4...3...2...1…" Mischief began before a loud, muffled scream was heard from Trixie's room, "There it is."

"Do I even want to know how that owl is talking…?" Amethyst asked Dawn Star.

"Trust me...you don't," Dawn sighed a bit.
---
Later, at Sugarcube Corner, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were all having ice cream, provided by Pinkie Pie of course...especially considering the bowl the ice cream came in was huge.

"Is there cotton candy or chocolate? Those are my favorite flavors," Amethyst spoke.

"Yep. Just look right here," Pinkie smiled, pointing to a small pile of chocolate ice cream in the bowl alongside some cotton candy flavored ice cream, "Gotta be prepared for all tastes, after all."

"Thank you," Amethyst smiled until...

"Oh look. If it ain't the Blanks Flanks plus one," a certain spoiled filly spoke as the CMC turned to see Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon (who appeared to be pondering about something) entered.

"Oh geez… not now, Diamond," Scootaloo groaned.

"Yeah. You caused a lot of trouble yesterday," Sweetie Belle added with a frown.

"Can you please leave us alone? I want to enjoy my ice cream…" Amethyst told them.

"You mean, you all leave us alone, so we can enjoy OUR ice cream!" Diamond Tiara chuckled, pushing the seven out of their seat.

"Are you serious?" Applebloom frowned as she glared at the spoiled filly, "After everything ya'll did yesterday, you still torment us?!"

"Of course. You're nothing but Blank Flanks after all, Right Silver Spoon?"

"..."

"Right?"

"Huh? Oh yeah...right," Silver Spoon nodded until...

"Okay, that's it!" Dawn snapped, using her magic to fling the two spoiled fillies right out the door.

"...Dawn?" Amethyst asked.

"Those two just annoy me…especially Diamond Tiara," Dawn sighed as the seven got back into their seat, "I'm sorry you had to see that, Amethyst."

"It's okay…" Amethyst assured. "So… Diamond Tiara told me you six are a group, what's the purpose of the group?"

"Oh… ano… well..." Timid began shyly, "W… we… we go out and t-try to get our Cutie Marks, A… Amethyst-chan."

"Really? Uh… can I join you girls?"

"...Ah don't see why not," Applebloom replied with a smile.

"Yeah. We could use more members," Sweetie Belle added, her voice squeaky a bit at the beginning.

"Thank you… thank you so much!" Amethyst smiled, pulling her new found friends into a hug.

"You're welcome, Amethyst," Scootaloo replied.

"Yeah. We're…" Quirky began before gasping loudly, "You know what this calls for?!"

"W… what?" Amethyst blinked.

"A party!"

"Did somepony say a party?" Pinkie asked, immediately in the room after hearing the dark green filly utter the word 'party'.

"Yep. That'd be me. It's time for a new member induction patry!"

"Yipee!" Pinkie beamed.

"Welcome to the Cutie Mark Crusaders," Scootaloo smiled.

"I'm happy to join," Amethyst responded happily.

And for the rest of the day, the CMC and their new friend Amethyst celebrated the party Quirky and Pinkie threw in the filly's name, Amethyst really enjoying herself as she happy. Happy she had some real friends to celebrate with.

Author's Note:

You like? Review/comment if ya possibly can. Also, the new filly shown here, Amethyst, belongs to Pikatwig, who at this point helped write this, and the chapters that'll soon come after.