• Published 20th Jul 2014
  • 926 Views, 12 Comments

Celestia, Luna and Discord's Childhood Journey - AngriestDislestia



Celestia must become Princess of Equestria, Luna became Nightmare Moon, The Elements were born, and Discord was turned to stone. The reasons for these may not sound fair, but for Celestia its not about her...or them, it's for Equestria. Features

  • ...
2
 12
 926

The Thing Called Discord

For so long had Celestia and Luna waited for her parents. But their parents had never come back to them, with smiling faces, with warm hugs and kisses. But the worse thing was that Celestia didn't have a clue about what a war was or what happens in one, so she had no idea why they hadn't come back...

All was grey and rotting, the world itself seemed a tragic mix of dull curiosity and misery. It was never lasting. You could not tell night from day, but it didn't matter if the sun ever shined on the boarded up castle, the feeling of hopelessness would still be there.

But after a while of Luna begging for the answer of where they were, Celestia decided to herself that she was 100% sure that their parents were waiting for them.

"Waiting for us?" Luna asked confused.

"Yes," Celestia answered adamantly, standing up tall as she said it.

"Well...where then?" Luna asked slowly and cautiously.

"I...I...don't know..." Celestia answered slowly realizing she was a missing a large chunk of an actual answer. "But, we'll find them. You know why? Because we're going to leave this castle and look for them!" Celestia answered, suddenly regaining her confidence. Luna looked shocked and curious.

"But Mummy and Daddy told us to wait here untill they came back!" Luna told her, partially because she was scared of what was outside, also because if their mum and dad came back and they weren't here they may never see each other...EVER AGAIN!

"I know, but we have to go, we can't just wait in here all our lives. Come on, Luna. Don't worry, you'll be safe with me, I promise we will never, ever run into any of those nasty...creatures...OK?" Celestia told her. Luna looked down.

She walked over to the yellow rock with flames.

"We should take this, Mummy did say it would keep us safe," Luna said quietly, trusting fully in her sister, but knew Celestia was still just a filly all the same.

"Oh, Luna, you're so very smart. And very brave, well done." Celestia said as she put the rock in a sack which she hooked over her back. (IT RHYMED!) "Let's go."

"Well, where do we head first...?"

"To...To...TO THE GARDEN!" Celestia told Luna triumphantly and heroically. Luna looked at her like she was insane and nodded slowly.

So the two young Princesses headed outside, but as soon as they stepped out, they realized that t'was darker outside than they'd first anticipated, but Celestia told herself that surely nothing bad hid in darkness? Luna didn't mind the dark, infact, she found that it was in her instinct to enjoy the dark! Celestia sighed an dlooked around, not feeling any accomplishment at all. We should make way into the forest at the end of out garden, there's a fun route through there! Just the place Mum and Dad would be having a picnic!...Without us...Celestia thought. She shook the last thought out of her head and started trotting in the forest's direction.

"Uh, Celestia? Where are you going?" Luna asked, her head tilted to the left.

"To the forest. That's where Mum and Dad are waiting for us."

"Oh...Uh, OK."

So Luna got up and cantered to her sister's side.

When they got to the forest, they were unamused to find that in there it was even darker. Well of course it is! Thought Celestia. How could I have been so stupid?

Infact it was so dark that it gave Celestia the great idea that they should make torches, unfortunately, Celestia's horn wasn't working since her Mother had left her.

There would be sticks on the ground in the forest in which they stood, all they had to do was set them on fire!

Celestia was grinding and scraping a pair of rocks together with her hooves which was very hard. She was getting sparks though. Luna was sitting watching her sister, doubting that light would help them at all. It was only as dark as the galaxy...Luna didn't see the point.

Finally, Celestia was able to light them and held the end of the stick in her mouth while they walked. Suddenly, they heard a growl from behind. Celestia and Luna swiftly turned around. Celestia stepped forward.

"Who's there?!" Celestia was responded to with a vicious roar, but they still couldn't see what was growling at them. Celestia shuffled back quickly making sure Luna was behind her.

"RRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" From the side of them, a giant dragon swooped down from a high up tree branch and threatened the two fillies with growls and roars. The girls ran. Ran as fast as their hooves could take them, untill they ran into a cave wall. They were trapped. The dragon crept closer slowly. Snarling and slashing at the two fillies.

Celestia gasped. THE ROCK! It would keep them safe! Quickly Celestia placed her hooves on the egg carefully and whispered.

"The two Allicorn Princesses are in danger, the two Allicorn Princesses are in danger." And after Celestia repeated this chant a few times, the rock began to glow. Furiously. It was as bright as the sun. The rock almost appeared to be on fire! Then, the rock erupted two large fire tipped wings. With another large glow escaped the rock, then it was all a massive flash of light and they all had to cover their eyes from the brightness of the flash. Then, from the light appeared a large orange bird...

The Celestia realized...The rock wasn't a rock! It was an egg...and that wasn't just a bird! It was a fire bird! A PHOENIX!

At the sight of the magnificent bird, the dragon growled and scurried away.

The flaming bird slowly drifted on to Celestia's shoulder. She was panting and looked amazed at the bird on her shoulder. It scared away a dragon! Should she be scared too?

The bird regally looked at Celestia and smiled gently at the amount of awe on the little filly's face. This calmed Celestia.

Turned out there was no need for a torch after all. So Celestia put it out and turned to the gentle bird on her shoulder.

"Hello," She said to the bird with a pure smile. The bird was very bright and just made her feel...comforted. Like she had her Mother's sunshine beaming down on her.

Oh yeah. Her Mum...

She was in these woods and she knew it!...Yet, she didn't feel like she was searching for her parents, more like...their destiny.

But for Luna's sake, they were searching for their parents.

Celestia's thoughts were stopped, when, from behind her, there was a small unthreatening scrape. It was coming from inside the small cave that they were leaning against, but you'd need to be very slender to fit in there. She slowly realized that...Philemina, yes, that would be her new name! Was cawing deeply and quietly at the entrance. Celestia peered down the cave and gasped and shuffled back at what she saw. There were two missmatched red eyes peering at her through the darkness. They were tiger eyes, with orange white-bits of the eye.

She breathed thoroughly.

"Whoa!" Luna said, still recovering from the meeting with the dragon. Celestia laughed. "So...It wasn't a rock."

"No." Replied Celestia with a caring smile. The two fillies looked at each other feeling everything was all right.

They were stopped by a sudden dreamy sigh coming from the side of the two girls.

What was that? Their eyes widened as they both turned their heads slowly, wanting to see, but then not wanting to see what was beside them.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" They both screamed in unision. What they saw was...weird? It had the head of a grey horse, a black mane, one blue splodgy horn, one antler, a snaggletooth on the left side of his mouth, a brown body, an eagle arm, a lion arm, one bat wing, a blue feathered wing, one green dragon leg, one goat hoof, a red snake tale and a white goatee on his chin, end of his tale and big white bushy eyebrows. It was a strange looking creature, yet he seemed harmless and only just towered above Celestia.

His head was resting on his hands with a dreamy smile, presumably mocking their content and happy moment. His eyes darted between the two surprised fillies.

He momentarily raised his eyebrows and smirked at them.

Celestia shook her head.

"Wha...Who...Who are you?" Celestia asked so quietly that it was impossible to understand. Unamusingly, the creature whispered something unintelligible back, probably mocking her...again. Luna looked puzzled. Then shook her head, deciding that only little fillies knew how to introduce themselves.

"Who are you? What are you? And I'm Luna!" Luna spoke happily, now she had a whole team to protect her! The creature smiled a sly smile.

"I'm Discord," He started whilst gliding and circling Luna. "I'm a Draconequus, the best looking, sounding and smelling creature in all the universes!" Celestia had a puzzled look on her face. Discord looked at her. He vanished and re-appeared upside down in front of Celestia. "And who," He ran a talon down Celestia's face and played with her lips, making her create funny mouth noises. "Are you?" Finishing playing with the sounds of her confused expressioned mouth. Celestia stomped backwards, angry at this creature for playing with what was her's, ponies do that kind of stuff to babies not big responsible fillies like her!

"I'm Celestia! If you needed to know!" She said angrily, scowling at the sight before her. He rolled his eyes at her moody behavour.

"Oh, calm down...Celestia. If you weren't aware, I'm just as alone as you both are." Discord told her, looking rediculously innocent. He even had one hand gently over his heart...like an actually innocent old mare.

Both? Philemina was there too!

"You mean, as you all are. Philemina's just as much of a living creature as us!" Celestia stated, stamping one hoof on the ground, hard.

"Philemina?" Luna asked confused, thinking sadly that Celestia picked the Phoenix's name without her...

Discord took his turn to scowl. "So-rry!" Discord said sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest looking away from her.

"Hmm!" Celestia huffed, turning away from him, forcefully sitting down so he could hear.

Luna sighed and rolled her eyes. He was as alone as them? Was he looking for his parents? There was only one way to find out.

"Uh, Discord?" Luna whispered, going towards him. Lifting one hoof off the ground.

"What is it?!" Discord asked, agitated, not turning around to look at her.

"Are...Are you...looking for your parents too?"

At this most intelligent and caring question from the youngest filly, Celestia realised how badly she had acted towards the creature. She hadn't applied to her own rules! Being considerate, giving everyone a chance, acting like the responsible princess she is!? She hadn't done any of those things...though she and Philemina knew this ..."Discord" was not to be trusted. But she could at least act regally to him.

Discord winced. He now knew that they were searching for their parents, but hadn't they seen and heard it? The war? He did not know how to respond.

He turned around to look at her, and when he looked at Luna, it gave him hope. Not hope that his parents were alive, he'd never known parents of his own, and so couldn't miss them and search for them. He knew everydraconequus was...dead. It was hope that their parents were alive. For her. She looked just too young (although he was younger than her) to be told by him that her parents were dead. And besides, perhaps they weren't!

"Well, I guess I'd like to find ...parents." Discord said.

"Well good. Coz that's what we're doing Discord." Celestia said. Not meanly, yet not kindly.

But what Luna said next...changed her calm speech attitude.

"Yeah! And you can come too!" Luna said enthusiastically to Discord.

"WHAT!?" Celestia shouted, turning to Luna annoyed. She just smiled innocently. Discord smiled at Luna and smirked at Celestia. He slithered through the air to her.

"Celestia, you're just going to have to be a big filly and get over me," Discord said teasingly, pinching her cheek with a smug smirk.

She scowled and growled at him.

Author's Note:

Are you enjoying it? Want some more? OK!