• Published 17th Jul 2014
  • 6,104 Views, 473 Comments

Trixie and Maud: Heart of Stone - TheCrimsonDM



Trixie Lulamoon has led a hard life, especially after the events of her magic duel with Twilight Sparkle. Now trying to piece herself back together, can she learn the meaning of friendship from her first real friend, Maud Pie?

  • ...
30
 473
 6,104

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Sixty Three: Lonesome Resonance

HEART OF STONE
Chapter Sixty Three: Lonesome Resonance
Written by TheCrimsonDM

A growing sense of worry settled into Trixie’s heart as she stared in silence at Fluttershy, what is she here for? Standing on the platform alone with Fluttershy was unnerving for the blue unicorn. Trixie hardened her heart and began walking back home. Fluttershy followed.

Trixie walked silently for a few minutes leaving Fluttershy to attempt conversation, awkwardly.

“So, um, Trixie. I heard that Maud won’t be home for a whole week? Aren’t you worried about being lonely?” Fluttershy asked.

Trixie didn’t reply.

“Well, uh… if you need anything just let me know. I’m here for you, Trixie.”

Again Trixie refused to speak.

“Oh… okay. If you don’t want to talk right now that’s okay… are you upset that Maud left you?”

Trixie stopped suddenly and causing Fluttershy to accidently bump into Trixie’s rump before falling on her own. Trixie turned around and looked directly into Fluttershy’s confused eyes. “Fluttershy, what are you doing here? Didn’t anypony tell you that me and Maud wanted to be left alone when she boarded? I mean even Pinkie Pie respected our wishes, so I want to know what you are doing here?”

Fluttershy’s lower lip began to tremble and her eyes began darting left and right. “I-I-I just thought that m-m-maybe you would be lonely without a friend here.”

Trixie reached out mentally and probed Fluttershy’s mind. Surprisingly she found it difficult to get a good read on Fluttershy’s mind, almost as though the pegasus was hiding something. Trixie furrowed her brow and with extra effort she managed to break through.

The first thing that hit her was a tidal wave of fear followed quickly by a few romantic emotions that Trixie had grown accustomed to when dealing with Fluttershy. Trixie quickly began hearing Fluttershy’s thoughts, and they worried her.

Why is this not working? I thought that she’d like me more if I was there for her when she was alone, why is she mad at me? I just want her to love me… why can’t anypony just love me… not even Rainbow Dash loved me…

Trixie pulled out of Fluttershy’s mind with a gasp. She hadn’t expected to feel, to hear all of that. It was almost as bad as Maud’s mind, or maybe worse. Trixie suddenly wrapped her forelegs around Fluttershy startling the poor pegasus. Fluttershy had a fragile little heart that had been broken in the past, if this was Trixie’s fault she would do everything she could to repent for it, but at the same time she knew somewhere deep inside that this time it wasn’t her fault. No the blame rested on somepony else, but who?

When Trixie pulled away she saw a few tears running down Fluttershy face. With a gentle hoof Trixie wiped the tears away and said, “I’m not mad at you, a little upset, but not mad. You really are a kind pony for wanting to cheer me up, and I thank you for that. I just want to be alone for a little while though, if that’s okay with you.”

Fluttershy sniffed and nodded. “That’s fine. I didn’t mean to impose on you, but if you don’t mind I do actually have a um… a request.”

“What is it?” Trixie asked cautiously.

“If you don’t mind, and if you do that’s okay, but if you don’t… could I borrow you’re stage wagon?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

Trixie gave the pegasus an odd look and didn’t reply for a moment. A few seconds later Fluttershy began to look scared again. “Yeah, sure, you can borrow it. I mean I can’t even use it anyways so… yeah go ahead.”

Fluttershy make a cute, excited squeaking noise and jumped up into the air a few feet and hovered there. “Thank you so much, Trixie. This means a whole lot to me!”

Trixie just smiled and turned back towards her home. “Yeah let’s go back to my place and I’ll give it to you.”

***

Later that night, Trixie found sleep voiding her while she lay in bed staring at the stars just outside of her window. Her mind was racing with dark thoughts and her heart was filled with nothing but loneliness. Dinner had been quiet and miserable as she ate alone, she had hoped that Pinkie Pie would show up but that didn’t happen.

The stars shone brightly through the pitch black oceans of space and the moon danced across the night sky slowly. Time trickled by as Trixie lay awake watching the stars. Eventually her mind had reached a point where the darkness was beginning to scare her, old thoughts, and old feelings were coming back to haunt her now. Trixie couldn’t stay in bed doing nothing any longer; she desperately needed to occupy herself.

The house was cold when she got out of bed, so she put on her purple robe. Silence was a new roommate that Trixie was not a fan of, so she turned on the radio. After scanning over the few stations that were available from Ponyville, she gave up and put on some of her own music. One of Pale Ghoul’s more recent songs about Nightmare Moon began playing over the speakers.

“Block out the sun!
What has she done?
She feels so bad she feels so numb yeah!
Block out the sun!
What has she done?
She feels so good she feels so numb yeah!”

With her rock music playing in the background Trixie went about trying to distract her troubled mind. First she spent some time reading up on various books about how to be happy, but they were all useless. After that she spent some time trying to figure out how to make pancakes without burning them, and after twelve failed attempts she finally got one right. The sky was still dark outside, though on the horizon the sky was beginning to turn a wonderful shade of purple.

Trixie laid in the living room and practiced using her telekinesis. It was nowhere near where she had once been, but she could levitate three pencils and use them at the same time for various tasks without hurting her horn. This was a good sign.

“She’s awake,” A dark chilling voice called out to her.

The pencils hit the wooden floor as she looked around quickly searching for whatever the source of the voice was. When Trixie couldn’t find anything she quietly asked, “Who’s there?”

“Looks like she’s been working herself to death,” Another voice said coldly.

Trixie stood and looked around, she was indeed alone.

“I’m sorry, I just can’t make that for you. Please don’t hurt me,” begged a crying mare.

Trixie charged into the kitchen, still nopony was here.

“Mah family is trapped in here,” another voice called out angrily.

The bedroom was empty, the other rooms were filled only with unpacked boxes. The bathroom was also void of any life. Trixie found herself standing in the hallway trying to locate the source of the voices, but she couldn’t find them, it was like they were everywhere. Slowly the room began darkening, and a malevolent red light began illuminating everything in sight.

“Please don’t send me away.”

“Stop it, you’re hurting me!”

“I can’t go home.”

“Why?”

Trixie started running but something tripped her. The ground came rushing at her with incredible speed and impacted with enough force to knock the wind from her lungs. Trixie just lay there her body aching and her heart racing.

“Let us go, please.”

Trixie covered her head. She didn’t want to hear these voices anymore.

“I, I can’t feel my hooves, I need to rest.”

Trixie began shaking.

“She needs to eat.”

Unable to take it any longer Trixie screamed, “SHUT UP! SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!”

A chilling breeze hit Trixie’s body and she forced herself to look towards the front door. Pinkie Pie stood there with a very worried expression and Trixie couldn’t help but start crying. The voices seemed to halt their assault and the red lighting vanished. Pinkie Pie shut the door silently behind as she walked inside. Pinkie laid down beside Trixie and wrapped a foreleg around Trixie before saying, “What’s wrong.”

“The voices won’t stop, they just won’t stop… please make them go away,” Trixie begged. Trixie sniffled and the smell of alcohol coming off of Pinkie attacked her nostrils.

Pinkie Pie held Trixie closely and whispered, “Shh.”

After a few minutes Trixie had stopped shaking, and the voices had seemingly retreated to a dark corner of her mind yet again. Pinkie Pie made sure that Trixie received her medication and went back to holding the poor unicorn. It took a while but Trixie finally began to calm down.

“I didn’t get any sleep last night,” Trixie said quietly.

“I’m sorry, I… I was busy last night,” Pinkie Pie said.

Trixie snuggled into Pinkie’s embrace and whimpered. “It’s not fair, I hate being alone.”

“Well I’m here now, and I’m not going to leave you anytime soon. Kay?” Pinkie Pie said quietly.

Trixie closed her eyes and after a few minutes of quiet thinking Trixie said, “Do you think you could… help me go to sleep?”

Pinkie’s eyes widened and she looked very nervous for a moment before saying, “I was really hoping that you wouldn’t actually ask me to do that. I know that Maud decided that I would be having sex with you if you wanted it, but she didn’t exactly ask for my opinion…”

Trixie looked up at Pinkie and said, “I just want you to hold me. I don’t want sex.”

An instant look of relief covered Pinkie’s face and she hugged Trixie a little closer before saying, “Whew, I’m glad about that. It’s not that I don’t want to do it with you, you know, it’s just that Maud made everything so utterly awkward for us… and she hasn’t exactly improved lately. Maybe this rock trip will help her a lot.”

Trixie just laid her head down and sighed. “Me and Maud have been together for a year, a whole year… even if most of that time was just as friends it’s still so hard for me to not have her here right now. Pinkie, I don’t want to be alone.”

“Okay, I’ll… I have an awesome idea! How about I stay with you until Maud returns, and I promise that I’ll keep my partying to a minimum. Last night will be the last big one that I’ll do until she comes home,” Pinkie Pie said cheerfully.

Trixie smiled at the thought. “That sounds really nice.” Trixie then let out a yawn before and her eyelids began to grow heavy. “Maybe I can finally sleep now that you’re here.”

PreviousChapters Next