• Published 17th Jul 2014
  • 6,104 Views, 473 Comments

Trixie and Maud: Heart of Stone - TheCrimsonDM



Trixie Lulamoon has led a hard life, especially after the events of her magic duel with Twilight Sparkle. Now trying to piece herself back together, can she learn the meaning of friendship from her first real friend, Maud Pie?

  • ...
30
 473
 6,104

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty: A Caring Sister

HEART OF STONE
Chapter Twenty: A Caring Sister
Written by TheCrimsonDM


On her way back to town Trixie was mentally beating herself up. Seeing her mother in that state was simply too hard on her. She was so lost in thought that it surprised her greatly when she felt the air next to her pop, and with a flash of pink light the princess of ponyville appeared. Trixie calmed down after a second and gave out a long sigh. Twilight Sparkle stopped for a moment and watched as Trixie continued walking without giving Twilight a second thought. Twilight quickly caught up with her.

“Hey Trixie, how are you doing?” Twilight asked politely.

Trixie didn’t respond for a few moments, she felt too numb to want to say anything. After a few more seconds of drawn out silence Trixie knew that Twilight wasn’t going to leave her alone. Trixie continued walking forward and looking at the ground she finally said flatly, “I’m not doing too well.”

Trixie nearly tripped but continued walking without giving it a second thought. Twilight placed a wing over Trixie and asked, “what happened? Your'e walking so slow that you're tripping over your own hooves. In fact you’re dragging them ….does it have something to do with Maud?”

Trixie looked up at Twilight and said, “no it doesn’t.”

“Are you sure, Maud has been really quiet ever since you came to Ponyville. I mean she’s never been loud before, but she has barely said a word since she came here. I can tell something is wrong,” Twilight explained in a worried tone.

Trixie heard Twilight’s words but didn’t respond. She didn’t have the strength to do so. She did consider them though. Maud had been unusually quiet. Trixie thought that it was just because of the large crowds of ponies, but even in quieter circumstances Maud had been very quiet. Trixie didn’t like that, but she felt as though there was nothing she could do. Trixie was so powerless, and sick.

Trixie decided to change the topic, she couldn’t handle thinking about why Maud could be upset at the moment. “What did you want?” Trixie asked.

Twilight sounded a little nervous as she asked, “When did you lose your magic, when exactly?”

It was hard thinking back that far, a lot of those memories were scarred with hurtful things. Trixie felt herself cringe at some of the darker ones before she managed to answer, “I’m not sure.”

Twilight thought for a few moments while they walked together down the road towards town. Twilight then said, “are you positive?”

Trixie didn’t look at Twilight as the sinking feeling came down on her. She thought about it for a few moments and said, “I don’t know. I guess after my suicide attempt they stopped working right. Twilight, I was catatonic for a while, I can’t remember much of anything until after I got to the rock farm with Maud. My magic worked until my suicide attempt though, I know that much.”

Twilight was quiet for a few minutes as they continued walking. After they had gotten to the edge of town Twilight finally spoke up saying, “Hmm…so there is nothing new there…then it must be something else…”

Trixie opened her mouth to ask why this was important when Twilight disappeared in a sudden flash of pink light. With the focus of Twilight’s new questions Trixie’s depression began to make way for fear and curiosity. And with Twilight’s sudden disappearance she began feeling angry. All of these emotions were better than feeling depressed, so Trixie decided she wouldn’t forgive Twilight for her rude disappearance quite yet.


Trixie began walking away when suddenly a pink bouncy pony appeared next to her. “Sooooo what do you think of having children?” asked Pinkie Pie.

Trixie stopped moving and nearly fell over as Pinkie Pie stood there staring at her. Trixie had no idea where she came from or why she would dare to ask such a complicated question out of the blue. Trixie forced herself to calm down a little before saying, “I would love to have kids someday…I just don’t think that me and Maud are ready yet.”

Pinkie Pie then squealed before shouting, “YES!”

Trixie began walking forward and said with a little resentment, “well I’m glad you’re happy.” After a moment Trixie asked in a more gentle tone, “why do you ask?”

Pinkie Pie walked alongside her and explained, “oh, Maud is getting close to that age where children are very important, so I asked her what she thought about having kids.”

Trixie stopped, turned towards Pinkie Pie, and very slowly asked her, “what. Did. You. Just. Say.”

Pinkie Pie opened her mouth to speak and Trixie put a hoof up shushing her. Trixie very carefully asked, “when did you ask this, and more importantly why?”

Pinkie Pie looked a little confused at Trixie’s reaction, but she answered, “I asked her when you two first came to Ponyville. And I asked her because she is older than me, like by a lot.”

Trixie looked away and said, “Maud is only… six years older than me.”

Pinkie Pie smiled and said, “wow that’s like a fourth of my life…and wait so you’re only eighteen?”

Trixie replied, “yeah…so what?”

Pinkie Pie grinned and said, “wow, that explains a lot. You’re younger then both me and Twilight Sparkle. No wonder you were so jealous of her. Wait this make me your big sister.”

Trixie gave Pinkie Pie a smile. Although it was hard to explain why, it always seemed to Trixie that talking to Pinkie Pie was fun. Trixie began walking along at a faster pace and talking to Pinkie Pie. “So Pinkie, other than your meddling in my love life. Do you know if anypony is doing anything interesting?”

“Oh sure, There is Applejack, she’s working the applecart right now. And then Rarity has something special for you. And Twilight’s being all secret and paranoid again…I don’t like that, and then Fluttershy has been-“

Trixie cut off Pinkie Pie by saying, “okay I get it. everypony is doing something fun. Why don’t we talk about something else.”

Pinkie Pie was quiet for a moment as she thought of something to talk about. Pinkie Pie finally said, “oh, okay. How about we talk about your being sick?”

Trixie was getting slightly annoyed by Pinkie Pie’s questions. But despite how invasive they were Trixie couldn’t blame Pinkie Pie for asking about her illness. “I don’t know, I guess I used too much magic. I’m getting better though, I’m only a little sick now.”

Pinkie Pie gave Trixie a smile and that’s when Trixie began coughing. Trixie continued coughing hard for a few moments before she finally managed to stop. Trixie’s vision was a little blurry and her uneasiness forced her to sit down. Pinkie Pie sounded very concerned as she asked gently, “are you okay?”

Trixie wiped the spit off of her muzzle and said, “yeah. I’m okay. Just give me a minute.”

“But…the blood,” Pinkie Pie said nervously.

Trixie smiled and said, “there isn’t any blood.” She then tasted something disgusting her mouth and quickly spat it out onto the dirt road. Trixie stared at the red glob that now lay on the ground as it stared back at her resentfully. Trixie looked at her leg where she wiped the spit off. The red smeared stains on her fur were of concern.

Trixie closed her eyes and said, “darn it. it…it has to be something I ate.”

A kind gentle hoof was placed on Trixie’s shoulder, and Pinkie Pie said, “but you didn’t eat much of anything today. If fact I don’t think you took your meds either.”

Trixie didn’t open her eyes, she simply sat there fearfully. As her body began shaking Trixie said, “I couldn’t keep them down. I threw up remember.”

Pinkie Pie wrapped both of her forelegs around Trixie and embraced her into a soft hug. “You are going to be fine. Why don’t I take you somewhere to rest.”

***

The sun was nice and warm on Trixie’s back, and the breeze was nice and gentle. She was lying her head down on a table just outside a small restaurant. An oatmeal smoothie was sitting next to her alongside a basket of hay fry’s that Pinkie Pie was sharing with her. Trixie didn’t feel like eating much, but she did enjoy the smoothie.

Pinkie Pie continued to look worried as she watched Trixie. “Trixie, are you sure that I can’t tell anypony…not even Maud?”

Trixie was tired of talking about this. “Yes Pinkie, I mean it. No telling anypony, especially Maud. I’ll tell her if it becomes important.”

Pinkie Pie looked uneasy with the idea of keeping secrets from her sister, but the last thing that Trixie wanted to do was worry Maud. Besides that Trixie didn’t even know if this was serious or not, it could just be a passing thing…right?

“Okay…I won’t tell anypony…but can we change the subject at least,” Pinkie Pie suggested in a worried tone.

Trixie sat up and took another sip from the smoothie. The cool sensation felt really good on her insides. Trixie gave Pinkie Pie a small smile and said, “yeah let’s do that. Is there anything you wanted to know?”

Pinkie Pie put a hoof to her lip for a moment and looked off to the side. After a few seconds Pinkie grinned. “Actually there is something I am curious about. You and Twilight went to the same school so I want to ask you, where is your baby dragon?”

Trixie had no idea what she had meant for a few moments. Trixie never had a dragon, and why should she there weren’t any dragons in school. She did have a familiar but that was a different story altogether. Feeling a little confused she chalked it up to Pinkie Pie’s crazy and explained, “there aren’t any dragons in Canterlot Pinkie. If there were the whole place would probably be on fire.”

Pinkie Pie now looked a little confused. “But Twilight got Spike over in Canterlot, she got him from the test.”

Trixie stared at Pinkie Pie for a few moments before finally understanding where she had gotten this impression from. Trixie felt angry that Twilight wouldn’t tell her best friends the truth and snapped, “Twilight cheated on that test. Everypony who goes to that school was given a test involving a special colored rock. We were all told that they were eggs, but the test was only to see how much willpower everypony had. Somepony switched Twilight’s rock out with a real dragon egg. I don’t even want to think of how they obtained the egg, or how much trouble could be caused if word ever got home to the dragon home lands about it. Besides we didn’t need baby dragons, we have familiars.”

Pinkie Pie seamed to contemplate this for a few seconds before saying, “what if Twilight doesn’t know that the test was a fake?”

Trixie scoffed at the idea before saying, “of course she would know. Anypony who tried to cheat on the test would find out that they were just rocks.”

“But I don’t think Twilight would do that, she doesn’t cheat on tests,” Pinkie replied.

Trixie considered this for a few moments and finally came to a conclusion. “She didn’t really talk to many ponies…aside from my tutoring she didn’t seem to have any friends.”

Pinkie Pie looked shocked. She then grabbed a mouthful of hay fries and continued staring in awe. Trixie guessed she needed to explain a little more. “When I was in school with her, she had a hard time learning magic. So I was assigned to be her tutor because I could learn new tricks so easily. Twilight and me had some really good times together, even learned a few spells that were forbidden from us. I was in love with the illusion magic, and she was in love with…darker spells. I don’t know why she wanted to be able to shoot laser beams from her horn so badly, but it was important to her.”

Pinkie Pie swallowed the food and said, “wow. So you two were like really close?”

Trixie looked away and said, “yeah…I guess we were. Then something happened, we screwed things up and stopped being friends. Truth be told she was just as responsible as me, but…she was too cocky. That might have been my fault though, I might’ve rubbed off on her in the wrong way.”

Pinkie Pie was quiet for a few moments before she began blushing. Trixie wasn’t sure what was wrong. “Pinkie what’s wrong?”

Pinkie Pie seemed to be blushing more as she said, “the way you said that…it was…um…”

Trixie watched as Pinkie Pie began trying to stifle laughter. Trixie was getting annoyed, she had just told Pinkie Pie something that was really sensitive and all Pinkie could do is laugh at her. “What could I have said that was so funny?”

Pinkie Pie grinned and said quietly, “you rubbed off on Twilight, in the wrong way.” She then broke out into a explosive laughter complete with snorting.

Trixie was upset that all Pinkie Pie could think of was a perverted joke at first, and then she thought about what she had said. Slowly but surely Trixie joined in on the laughter as well. By complete mistake Trixie had just said one of the most inappropriate things she could have, and on top of that she said it about her old rival. The two ponies simply laughed together happily for a few minutes.

When the laughter had finally died down Trixie felt all warm and happy inside, if not a little embarrassed. It was nice to laugh like that, and Pinkie’s face was red from the laughter. Trixie snorted and said, “I, can’t believe I said that. I mean what if Twilight had heard me, I think she would’ve broke.”

Pinkie Pie smiled and said, “nah, she would be embarrassed but she wouldn’t be upset. In fact she might not even understand the joke.”

Trixie nodded in agreement and Pinkie Pie added, “oh and thank you, Trixie.”

Trixie wasn’t sure why Pinkie Pie was thanking her but she accepted saying, “you’re welcome, but what exactly are you thanking me for? Was it the silly thing I said?”

Pinkie Pie simply continued smiling as she explained, “I was pretty sure that you and Maud were going to do something together last night. I’m kinda glad that you two simply decided to go to sleep instead.”

“What,” Trixie began asking in surprise, “why would we invade your personal space like that. That would simply be rude.”

Pinkie Pie looked off to the side and stayed quiet for a while giving Trixie time to drink some more of her oatmeal smoothie. Pinkie Pie finally said, “you have been with Maud long enough to know how…active she is.”

“Well, I know that, but it’s not like she would ever…in public…right?” Trixie asked a little nervous.

“Well no, she wouldn’t do that in public…but she might not have an objection if she thought I was asleep…” Pinkie Pie answered shamefully.

The image of being intimate with Maud appeared in Trixie’s mind, complete with Pinkie Pie watching in the background while eating popcorn. It was a rather silly thought, but something about it was enticing and began leading Trixie into imagining what it would be like with both Maud and Pinkie Pie…

“Um…Trixie. If you really want to have a private party with Maud all you need to do is say so. I would leave you two alone for as long as you needed,” Pinkie Pie explained still sounding a little embarrassed.

Trixie wondered why Pinkie would suggest this right now, and then it hit her. “Are you reading my mind?”

Pinkie Pie looked away and said, “no…but you are giving off some very…sensual vibes right now.”

“Oh…are my emotions that obvious?” Trixie asked feeling a little ashamed, but still playing tantalizing fantasies in the back of her mind.

Pinkie gave Trixie a long quiet stare, making Trixie become more nervous. Idea’s about Pinkie Pie simply wouldn’t leave Trixie’s head. Pinkie Pie finally raised an eyebrow and asked, “is there something else you wanted?”

“Nope, I don’t need anypony else. Just Maud, no other additions I promise,” Trixie answered quickly.

A sly grin grew on Pinkie Pie’s face as she suggested, “oh I don’t think Maud would mind an addition, maybe a certain pink bouncy pony could join in for a game or two. You do know what my favorite game is right?” Pinkie pie leaned over the table and said in a very sensual tone, “it’s pin the tail on the pony.”

Trixie leaned back feeling all kinds of nervous, along with other feelings she didn’t want to admit existed. Trixie’s chair leaned back and began falling backwards before stopping mid air. Trixie’s heart was beating faster than it ever should, and Trixie heard a familiar pony say in a flat tone, “she is pretty good at that game.”

Trixie looked up into Maud’s eyes feeling guilty, but unable to stop her imagination from running wild. Trixie really hopped Pinkie Pie wasn’t reading her mind. Maud righted Trixie’s chair making sure that Trixie didn’t fall over. Maud then looked at Pinkie Pie and said, “we should have a threesome.”

Pinkie Pie face hooved and Trixie broke. She covered her face with both of her hooves and squealed from total embarrassment. Maud then looked at Pinkie Pie and said, “you two were talking about sex right?”

Pinkie Pie giggled a little before saying, “yeah we were, but I was trying to be tactful about it.”

Maud simply stared at Pinkie and asked, “why? There’s nothing wrong with sex.”

Pinkie Pie simply shook her head, and Trixie gave another little embarrassed squeal. Maud gently placed a hoof on Trixie’s shoulder and said, “I was joking about the threesome.” That made Trixie feel a little better, and then Maud added, “we would need different pony. I won’t do that with my sister.” Trixie tried to squeal again but nothing came out of her throat. Maud simply kissed Trixie on the cheek. Even though Trixie loved Maud with all her heart, Maud’s idea of a joke was way too much for Trixie to handle. But at least she was happy.

PreviousChapters Next