• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 1,070 Views, 12 Comments

The Rose Colored Rainbow - Write Holiday



Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in all of Equestria, has been the face of Pegasi for many years. However, when an incident goes from bad to worse, she slowly starts to believe that the curse can easily become a blessing.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,070

Anger

Rainbow Dash flies down to Sugar Cube corner. She walks in, steaming mad. "Alright, where are you Pinkie Pie?!" She walks around the building, opening every door. She finds her in the attic.

"Hey Dashie! I see you're feeling-"

"Enough! I got your guys's present and I am appalled. How dare any of you think that I am incapable of taking care of myself, when I was the one who lived through over-excessive blood loss!" She continues walking foward, face to face with Pinkie, forcing her to back up.

"D-Dashie, please, you're scaring me."

"Oh, I'm scaring you? Why? Are my glow in the dark eyes too much for you to look at?"

"N-no, but-"

"You listen here, party addict. I don't want any more of your nonsense. I don't want to hear your disbelief in me, I don't want to hear your negative ways, I don't even want to see you. Leave, me, alone." She stares at Pinkie for an extra second, then walks away.

"Dumb pink pony, thinking I need a shoulder to cry on. I showed her how run like a bullet, and she thinks I can't-" Rainbow stops her muttering, seeing a pony looking at her. "What are you looking at?!" He runs off. "Punk."

"Howdy there RD, I see you're feeling all better." Applejack says, walking her cart back to her farm.

"Yeah, I'm just dandy. You know, you are one big mare to talk AJ. Saying that you're so honest, then going behind someone's back and lying to their face!"

"Dash, what are you talking about?" Applejack asks, letting go of her cart.

"Oh, nothing, just how you told me that everything would be fine and you know I can handle it, then going and thinking that I am too stupid to help myself."

"RD, I am truly lost, please tell me what you're talking about."

"You don't deserve the things you have! What happened to me is much more than just this, and you can't see that! I have been your friend since I can remember AJ, and I can't believe that you're this cruel to me in my worst times."

"Rainbow, I haven't the slickest idea of what you're talking about, but if I had offended you in any way about anything, then I am sorry." She goes to walk away but stops. "Wait, y'all need something. I can't remember what, but something."

"I don't need any handouts, you lousy excuse of a mare!" Rainbow then flies off, heading to her house. Once there she slams the door and kicks a lamp. Then she rips the sheets off of the mattress and throws them at her front door. "And what about you?!" She stares at Tank who is backing up. "What? Do you think I'm hopeless too? Huh? Well it's not my fault that this happened to me! I didn't want this! I never asked for this! I just wanted to help Twilight and-" she stops herself. "Twilight. This is all her fault. If she hadn't asked, I'd be perfectly fine. Thanks to her, I'll always be like this." Her eyes burn with fire, her mouth imitating nothing but noises. The door opens.

"Rainbow Dash? Are you in here?" Twilight looks at the furniture. "Applejack said that you needed to come with me. We have an appointment somewhere." She keeps looking around the dimly lighten room. She steps foot into the room but ducks seeing a light go near her. She hears a smash and steps back. "Rainbow Dash?!" She yells, scared. She is then pushed off the cloud and towards the ground. She kicks with her back hooves and is released. She glides to the ground.

"You." Rainbow Dash walks at her.

"Dash, I know what you're thinking, but it wasn't my-"

"It was your fault! You owned up to it, and now you'll pay for it!"

"Dash! Get a hold of yourself! You're not like this, you wouldn't hurt a friend."

"Oh, but I would if I needed to. And right now, I think I need to." Rainbow picks up to a trot, then a run. There is a flash of purple, and she falls to the ground.

"Rainbow! Please, don't be mad! It wasn't your or my fault, just bad timing!" Twilight says who had just teleported behind Rainbow Dash. Rainbow just gets up and flies at her. Twilight uses another spell and Rainbow falls to the ground, knocked out. Twilight sits on the ground, staring at the sleeping Rainbow Dash. It all goes quiet.

"Twilight?" Fluttershy walks up to her and sees Rainbow Dash on the ground. "What happened?" Twilight doesn't answer. She just stares at Rainbow. Thinking of how much she has messed up her life. She made her get hurt, albeit by accident, but hurt none the less hurt. Then she took away her color, and made her become like this. Then she knocked her out, completely in self defense. What if she hadn't asked for practice? If she had just dealt with learning how to fly by herself? Would this have happened? Did she really ruin her life? All by herself? "Twilight." Fluttershy says again. She looks up and sees Fluttershy there. The sky is black and the clouds are out. Rainbow Dash is still knocked out.

"Yeah, yeah I'll go." Twilight says.

"No, it's not that, it's just, you've been here for three hours staring at her. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. Look, I'll bring Dash to my place and I'll bring her to the therapist in the morning. Have a good night." Twilight lifts Dash with levitation and brings her to her home. She puts her into her bed and sleeps on the floor, no blanket or pillow, just the hard wood floor.

Twilight walks through the halls, looking for her room. In this hotel, many rooms look exactly the same. They all have a story behind them. In 210 there was a double murder with an arrest of twelve ponies. In 386, the hotel owner had died in the cabinet after being robbed and assaulted by the twelve ponies from 210.

As she continues walking, the halls begin to change color. Slowly, they change from red to green, orange, blue, purple, and then back to red. She picks up the pace, trotting now down to the other end of the hall. The closer she gets, the more the hallway seems to grow. The walls are changing very fast now and she is full on running.

Disembodied voices begin talking. "Why did you do it? I just wanted to help."

"We didn't deserve this."

"You killed me and yet I'm still alive."

Twilight punches a wall, making a hole in it. He hoof gets stuck and she is pulled into the wall. She begins to fall down this endless hole, fighting off shadows of ponies now. "We didn't want to get hurt."

"We thought you were our friend."

"You went too far, we were only being helpful."

"Please, help us." Twilight punches one of the shadows, screaming and flailing. The shadow slowly turns into Rainbow Dash, still grey.

"I blame you." The hole suddenly becomes a river tidal room, a floor just appearing. Twilight tried to fly and use her horn, but both are gone.

"Help! Help me!" She yells. Rainbow just stares at her.

"You didn't help me. So why should I help you?" She smirks and flies off. Twilight plummets towards the bottom, about to hit the ground.

"Help! Help!"

"Twilight!" Spike yells again. Twilight opens her eyes quickly, flying around the room and knocking down the books. "Twilight! Stop! It was a bad dream!" She stops in mid air, falling towards the bookshelves. A crash and dust later, she is surrounded by books.

"I need to get to the therapist." She says, quickly adjusting herself.

"Don't forget Rainbow Dash!" Spike yells to the door. She flies back.

"Right, thanks." She levitates her, and brings her to the therapist.