• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 686 Views, 19 Comments

Birth of the Data-Knights - Arguyus



Two friends get Keyblades and a new Keyblade like sheilds, now it is up to them and two of the mane six to save the univers.

  • ...
20
 19
 686

Chapter 1: A Sword and Shield, of Sorts

(Disclaimer: I do not own any copyrighted material you will encounter in this or any other story.)

(AN: This story is a collab story with Mentalis. It was one that we thought of on a Memorial Day picnic, hope you enjoy!)

Chapter 1: A Sword and Shield, of Sorts

May 27th: 2013: Earth Delta

It was a warm summer day in Mississippi, and two friends were talking as they helped pack up the supplies that their respective families brought for their church's Memorial Day picnic. The center of their conversation was an old brass key that one of them had brought to show to the other.

"I know, they just don't make keys this cool anymore." Said the older of the two. His name is Stephen McIntyre; he is about 5' 5" with light blue eyes, sandy blond hair, glasses, and pasty white skin. He was nineteen years old, which made him one of the oldest kids there.

"Maybe we should start a company that makes old-fashioned keys just for the sake of it." The other suggested in a joking manner. His name was David Hammond; he is about 5' 8" with hazel eyes, near black hair, and well-tanned skin. He was sixteen years old.

Both friends laughed at this, neither of them having any clue that they were about to experience a life changing event.

Before ether of them could get to their family's cars, several large black and purple portals opened in the air with a large number of pitch black creatures jumping out of them.

Both boys dropped the things they were holding as they quickly backed away from the yellow eyed creatures.

"Are-Are those…" Stephen began as he subconsciously held the key to his family's van as if his life depended on it.

"Heartless." David stated as he held on to the old brass key in much the same way Stephen held the van key.

This was about the time that chaos broke out as everyone else saw the Heartless, all of them screaming as the horde moved forward in a wave. Unfortunately, both David and Stephen were the ones closest to the mass of darkness and were quickly overcome. Soon, all they could see was black.

Just as they began to accept their fate, they saw a small light ahead of them. They knew this was their only chance to survive, so the pushed forward with all their might. At first, nothing happened.

Then…

An explosion of light blasted a crater into the swarm. In the middle of this crater were two boys, each one of them holding a key shaped blade. Stephen's looked almost like a blown-up version of the key to his family's van with the blade at a perpendicular orientation to the handle and the clicker as the key chain. David's looked more like an axe made from two old-fashioned brass keys with a more standard parallel blade to handle orientation and a piece of brass carved into the shape of a chest for the key chain.

They both just stood there for a few seconds, their minds desperately trying to catch up with what they were seeing. The two of them were Kingdom Hearts fans, so they immediately recognized the weapons they were holding.

Keyblades.

The screams of their friends and family soon broke them out of their stupor.

With a glance at each other, they both knew what needed to be done. They began swinging their new found weapons with mixed results. David used wide, heavy swings to obliterate multiple Heartless at once. Stephen, on the other hand, had a much harder time because of the unusual blade to handle orientation of his Keyblade. Neither of them where that good at actual combat, all they had used before now were foam swords and sticks.

A heartless suddenly jumped at Stephen from the midst of the sea of black in front of him. When he noticed this, he instinctively lifted his left arm to try and protect himself and closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to watch as his arm was torn to bits. He grimaced as he waited for the pain to start.

Nothing.

Curious as to why he wasn't feeling excruciating pain, he opened his eyes. A green circular shield was hovering in front of his arm, and there was a watch like device that he hadn't noticed before on his arm. As he looked closer at the ornate pattern, he saw multiple strings of ones and zeroes racing across its surface.

He took a quick look at David and saw that he had a similar device on his arm, except for the fact that the one David had looked like a hard drive from a computer attached to a pseudo-gauntlet.

"David! We have shields!" Stephen yelled over the heat of battle.

When David heard that, he held up his arm and willed a shield to form. And form it did. A green tower shield blasted into existence forming from neon green ones and zeroes. He immediately put this shield to good use by deflecting a jumping Heartless.

So the two continued to fight, unaware of the fact that they had already lost.

<|-0-|>

Bible Baptist Church, West Point

The main auditorium of this building would look like the inside of any other building to any normal person. But they would be wrong about that. Dead wrong.

The large crowd Heartless that now stood inside knew this building's hidden secret. In this very place, resided this world's Keyhole. The opening to this world's heart. It's exact location, the pulpit.

A small, round bodied Heartless with a spherical head, two squiggly antennas, and two piercing yellow eyes walked up to the pulpit with a herky-jerky gate. It stared at it for a few seconds, then it jumped at Keyhole so it could corrupt this world's heart.

<|-0-|>

The two boys fought on with little effect on the massive hoard of Heartless that were besieging them, but they were steadily running out of strength. Their novice fighting styles using too much strength, mixed with the fact that at least two Heartless replaced every one they killed, was draining the fight out of them. Both of them were beginning to come to terms with the fact that they would both die if they kept on like this.

Then, the whole world shook.

Both of them were knocked of their feet, but, fortunately for them, all of the Heartless retreated into the void.

"Why are they running? They almost had us?" Stephen asked as he got to his feet. It's not that he was hoping to die, but if something was so bad that Heartless run from it, then it had to be very bad indeed.

"I think I know why…" David replied, pointing up to the sky as he did.

When Stephen joined his friend in looking at the sky, he understood what David was talking about. The sky was falling apart like old plaster from a rotting building. Both friends looked at each other in sudden recognition.

"They found the Keyhole!" They yelled out in unison.

As the earth beneath them began tremble beneath their feet, they saw a massive wave of darkness that looked to be taller than Mt. Everest coming straight for them.

"Run!" Stephen yelled as he began to take his own advice.

They didn't get far before the wave caught them, throwing them into the void as they screamed in fear for their lives.

<|-0-|>

Equestria – Canterlot, Canterlot Castle

On a balcony of a large white marble castle stood two horse like beings, one alabaster white and the other a deep midnight blue. Both of them had large wings on their backs, long horns on their heads, and manes that flowed in an ethereal breeze. These two were none other than Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. The two Royal Sisters stood side-by-side as they watched for an anomaly that they had started to notice not too long ago.

"There, sister! That star right there!" Luna exclaimed as she pointed at a particular star.

Celestia's gaze followed her sister's hoof, leading her to the star. It was blinking in and out, the time it was out getting longer with each blink. Finally, with a flash, the star disappeared. The star had died.

"No explosion, it should have gone super nova." Celestia pointed out as she continued to regard the empty void the star had once occupied.

Luna nodded in agreement, "It felt cold every time its light went out."

"Whatever this is, it does not bode well." Celestia said as she took on her famous poker-face, but underneath it was an emotion that she hadn't felt for a long time…

Fear.

<8>|:|<8>

Author's Note:

AN: I know this chapter seems rushed, but I had a hard time starting this one. And, please, if you dislike this story, tell me why that is, and I will see what I can do.
P.S. These first few chapters are just the intro, I will tell you when we get to the main body of the story.

New Key chains unlocked!

Family Van: A short bladed Keyblade that is completely built for magic.

Old Memories: A long bladed Keyblade that is perfect for delivering heavy blows.

New Data Shields unlocked!

Broadband Buckler: A Buckler class Data Shield made more for quick movement then defense.

CPU Tower: A Tower class Data Shield that provides amazing defense, but slightly impairs maneuverability.

New Heartless Data Track unlocked!

Shadow: The smallest of the Pure Blood Heartless, often using their greater numbers to overwhelm their target.