• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 528 Views, 15 Comments

Lightning of The Axe - overlorrd53



Lightning of Royalty is a rock/metal band from Ponyville that hits it big, but do they get a little too big, do some go too far to make sure they don't?

  • ...
 15
 528

The Duel

Sun Storm was let down from his chains by two large stallions and escorted to a large empty room that housed a stage in the middle. The stage had two large amps, Sun Storm's Axe, Earthshaker's guitar, and Earthshaker himself. Sun walked onto the stage and plugged the guitar into the amp as his new found mortal enemy did the same.

"Before we start, I have some ponies who would like to sit in on this." Earthshaker said and stomped his hoof on the wooden stage.

Sun Storm heard hoof steps and he saw his three friends brought out, tied up and hurt.

"The hell did you do to them?!" Sun Storm yelled.

"I had these guys play with them a while, I was planning on brutally torturing them like I was gonna do to you buuut... I didn't have the time with your little proposition you made." Earthshaker said with a smirk upon his face.

Sun Storm looked at his friends. "Don't worry guys... I'm gettin' you guys out."

"We believe in you, brother!" Steel Hoof hollered.

Sun gave them a smart-ass-like grin and looked down his opponent.

"I'll give you the honors of starting." Earthshaker said.

"My pleasure..." Sun Storm said.

Sun began running the pick down the neck of the guitar and bolted to a powerful start, in which Earthshaker responded playing a similar part to Sun Storm's in a slightly lower key. They began playing aggressively against each other, soon two beams, one blue and the other dark blue emerged from the heads of the two guitars and fought against each other. The two beams eventually exploded with a burst of bright light as the two guitarists went down to the higher notes, the seven spectators were greeted with a classical song that would be played by an orchestra except put to electric guitar, if Sun Storm and Earthshaker had pinkie's they'd be raised. They began playing in unison to form an amazing melody that could be matched by nopony else until they began to go up the notes back and forth. The beams seen before emerged again as they were rising up the notes, Sun's beam was winning. Finally, Sun Storm's beam overtook Earthshaker's, causing him to play five or six sloppy notes, which indicated he had lost. Sun Storm had won.

Then something boiled inside Sun Storm. He wanted to annihilate Earthshaker, he wanted revenge. A blue aura began to form around Sun Storm, his eyes then glowed a solid ultra blue color. He started at the low notes and slowly, increasing speed as he went, climbed to the higher frets and began to play with unmatched speed, power, melody, and sheer complexity. When he was finished, everypony in the room' jaws were dropped. Even Sun Storm's band mates who knew about Sun Storm's extensive guitar skill were awe struck.

"Alright, Earthshaker. I win. I'm leaving with my friends." Sun Storm said.

The anti-magic spell was lifted and he untied his friends using his magic. All of them left Earthshaker's house. They were forever changed after that day.

Author's Note:

To get a good idea of the guitar parts that're being played throughout the guitar duel, look at this video (Sun Storm's parts are played by the blonde in all white and Earthshaker's are being played by the trashy brown haired guy (i.e. Skwisgaar and Toki)) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUKhtyheV4

The salt on the wound part being played can be found here at 4:53 --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlaicBjFfVc