• Published 16th Sep 2014
  • 1,024 Views, 49 Comments

Super Dangan RonPonya: Set Sail for Despair Isles - Serenade-Stereo



Techno Blast and 15 others are forced to play a sadistic game that they've all heard of before from an incident a few years back. A game of life or death.

  • ...
5
 49
 1,024

Prologue

I've heard ponies around me say that evil never sleeps. I don't really understand what that's supposed to mean, everyone has to stop at some point. Right? No matter what there's always that part in time that evil halts and the world is at peace...There was a lot more meaning to that phrase than I originally thought...

It must be what? Five years since Hope's Peak Academy, situated in Canterlot had its first incident. They thought about closing the school down but there were those that defended it, one of them even being Princess Luna! They said it was the beacon of hope in a dark world...more gibberish to me though. It took time but they won the battle. Hope's Peak was staying. I was always interested in the school ever since I first heard about it. My interests got even stronger when I heard about something incredible.

The Super Middle School Level programme. Before it was a Super High School Level but they decided that to celebrate its new rebirth as 'Glimmering Hope Academy', although, I like the original title much better, they would make a new condition, after each graduation, they'd swap between SHSLs to SMSL, and that meant one thing to me. A chance.

It really did become a reality when they sent me a letter saying they wished for me to attend as the Super Middle School Level Inventor. My dad wasn't too sure about it due to its past but I was more than happy to take the chance. My older brother was sceptical about the whole thing as well but they don't control my life! I'm making my own choices for once!

I think at this point it would be a good idea to introduce myself. My name is Techno. Techno Blast. Like I said before, I'm a Super Middle School Level Inventor, I was found by one of the talent scouts of Hope's Peak when I was presenting this new machine to my home town, Ponyville. The next day was when the letter came. He was extremely impressed by my handiwork due to me only being fourteen years old. A lot of people were surprised since I'm a Pegasus and they usually have weaker bones, a lot of the things I've created are pretty heavy, I should state that now.

Either way, standing outside of the school gates. It's really intimidating and combined with the fact that there are going to be fifteen other students, my age, all different, with these talents. I already have a freaking inferiority complex! Now this? I'm already regretting this...no! You can do this Techno! You got this...oh who am I kidding? Well...it's now or never I guess...just. One. Step...

*Boom*

W-what the...hell...? What's this feeling? I feel...dizzy...

------------

Nrrrg....where am I...? A...a hallway? And a door...whatever, I need to get to class...huh? When did I decide...? When did I decide I needed to...? Oh never mind....

*Creek*...*slam*

"Hm?" There was a voice inside the room, Techno's vision was blurred for a second. It came into focus for him to see a classroom with around fifteen other ponies around his age in the room alongside him.

Wait...fifteen? Could these guys be...the other Super Middle School Level students?

"And now there's sixteen, awesome!" One of the unicorns said.

"Well...I'm guessing you're a Super Middle School Level student as well?" Another asks him.

"Um...y-yeah..." Techno answered awkwardly.

"Well...I guess that would classify as everyone now. Only sixteen students are accepted at a time after all..."

"Duh! We already knew that!"

"Yo, so why we all being gathered in this joint?"

"I have a theory" One mare said, fixing her glasses, a book pressed tightly to her chest. "I believe it could be some sort of entrance exam"

"An extreme exam?"

"Entrance idiot..."

"Hey! I've got bad hearing!"

"Oh, honey, you really need to loosen up a little"

"Touch me again...and I'll rip your arms off..."

"But anyway...you said something about an entrance exam?" Techno said, pushing away from the ongoing argument.

"Right. You see...we can't leave" Everyone looks at her. "The doors are locked so I believe that they expect us to find a way out"

"W-what do you mean we can't leave?!" One of the boys yell, running to the door and pulling on it to open. "What the hell is going on in here?!"

"Calm down, let's talk about this logically"

"Logitally?"

"Logically"

"Oh, right"

Is this actually happening? Or am I hallucinating?

"What do they expect us to do? I thought Hope's Peak don't do entrance exams?"

"Well...they never did before, but since then, they did add this programme so...maybe they added an exam as well?"

"That does sound reasonable..."

"Or maybe...they're just waiting for us?"

"Oh wow, you were today correct!" A high pitch voice sounded throughout the room, silencing everyone.

"What...what was that?"

"Over here!" The voice came from the front of the classroom. They all turned, waiting in suspense until. It appeared.

A pink rabbit like plush popped out from behind the stand in a hard-to-look-directly-at outfit and a Celestia-awful looking wand.

"What...the...hell...is that?"

"Hello!" It greeted "How are you all today? Are you all excited?!"

"Excited? For what?"

"For school to begin of course!"

"...school?"

"So much for an entrance exam..." Techno comments.

"Entrance exam? No, no, no! We'd never do that!"

"Who are you?"

"I'm your teacher. My name is Usami!"

"Usami...?" The girl with the glasses repeated. "And what purpose do you serve here?"

"Okay, so we're just gonna totally ignore the fact that there's a talking rabbit on the podium? Alright then"

"Abbot?"

"I'm not even correcting him this time" The girl folded her arms and shook her head.

"My purpose? I'm your teacher!" Everyone was quiet. "...what's wrong?"

"...teacher? You? You're just some stupid looking rabbit doll"

"T-that's really mean!" Usami cried out. "I should give you a detention!"

"She can't be serious, right?"

"A-anyway...I now need to tell you why you're here!" Usami raised her wand in the air. "For your field trip!"

"Field trip?"

"Wait, you actually heard something right for once?!"

"What?"

"....never mind..."

"What do you mean by field trip, Ms Usami?"

"W-why are you calling her that? Doesn't this come off as suspicious?"

"Well, yes, but I was taught to always see the good in people so I must give Ms Usami the benefit of the doubt no matter what!"

"Aw, thank you! Gold star for you!"

"Alright, if you're done with your little tea party...you'd better explain what the hell this field trip is"

"Oh, of course! How could I be so rude? Just let me show you!" Usami's wand began to shimmer and then, as if it never existed. The classroom everyone was in seemed to just vanish before their eyes. In its place was what they would expect the least.

A beach?

"W-w-w-w-w-WHAT?!" One of the students yelled.

"How the hell did you...?"

"Is something wrong?" Usami seemed confused. "Everyone loves the beach!"

"Yes, but you can't just suddenly make it appear, especially not from an enclosed space like a classroom!"

"Actually, the classroom was fake, we were already here!"

"But...when did we...?"

"Alrighty! It's time for us to begin your new life here!"

"New...life?" Techno repeated.

"Wight! The 'Field Trip of Hopeful Friendship!'"

"The what?"

"Hopeful Friendship" One of the students spat out. "What kind of joke is this?"

"It's no joke, promise! I'm just here as your supervising teacher for this school trip! And it starts here on these tropical southern islands!"

This...this is too much to handle...how the hell did we get here, why are we here? I can't wrap my head around this! I still feel really dizzy....I think I'm...gon...gonna....


-----------

"Hey..." There was a voice from somewhere. "Can you hear me...?" Techno slowly opened his eyes to see a boy crouched down beside him with a concerned look on his face. "Hey, are you alright?" He was blue unicorn, nicely dressed as well. White shirt, grey tie and...Blue jeans? That seemed a little out of place in his outfit "...You look exhausted...I am too, you know? We all are. I mean...with all the crazy stuff that's happened so far...hey, are you even listening?!" He scowled. Techno pushed him away and stood up. "You...are OK, right?"

Techno was silent for a few seconds. "...Just....just leave me alone..."

"I can't, you look far too ill to be left alone!" Techno stayed quiet at the colt's reaction. Why did he care?

Golden sand...blue sea... Techno observed his surroundings. Strong, bright sunlight blazing down...and a gentle sea breeze caressing my skin...I have no idea what's going on. I should be at Hope's Peak Academy. So why...why am I here?

"That...thing said we're on a southern island, didn't it?" Techno asked him.

"...Yeah, it did" He seemed deep in thought.

What the hell happened here? I...have no idea...that's the one and only thing I know for sure... Techno looked over at one of the palm trees on the beach. It probably wouldn't have been weird to see if a monitor was attached to it. Why is this here...? There's nothing playing on it, so what's the point? Palm trees are pretty much a stable of southern islands. These ones are nice, I guess. But...they're just scenery. Not really important right now... Techno turned his attention to the ocean, alongside the tide was a camera on a tripod.

"Hm? This is a camera, isn't it? A...security camera? Are they spying on us?!"

"I wouldn't call it 'spying'..." The unicorn folds his arms. "I think you could say that they're watching over us to keep us out of danger. But hey, you can't help but feel worried about things you have no control over, can you?"

What is with this guy? How is he so calm in a situation like this? Is he really that easy going? Techno shook his head and looked back at the ocean. A crystal clear blue sea...essential to any island paradise...not that I'm impressed or anything...I never wanted to visit a place like this before.

"Hey, you feeling any better? Um...I know you're all messed up right now because of what happened, but...we should really introduce ourselves, don't you think?"

"Yeah...I suppose we should"

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Memory Lapse. I'm from Trottingham...but I suppose that's kind of irrelevant..."

Memory Lapse. Super Middle School Level Therapist

"Oh, and since we're introducing ourselves...I guess I should explain the talent that got me into Hope's Peak Academy...though, in my case, it was pure luck..."

"Luck? Why's that?"

"I'm a therapist" He says bluntly.

"...I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm not joking, it's legit. They dubbed me the 'Super Middle School Level Therapist'."

"How could someone become a 'Super Middle School Level...Therapist'?"

"According to my invitation, the client I had just helped out was also a talent scout for Hope's Peak and they wanted to enrol me as the 'Super Middle School Level Therapist'. So what I'm saying is that I'm here just because I got the right client." He smiled.

Wow...well, I guess, at our age, being able to do something like that is pretty good...

"You look like you don't have any answer to what I have to say" Memory frowned.

"No...It’s not that at all, it's just..."

"Nah, it's fine, I'm not sure what to think about it either" He sighed. "I only did it because my dad couldn't get to work and I was the only one left...at first I was scared to accept the invitation but they insisted that I take it. Apparently they've never had a 'Super High School Level Therapist' so a 'Super Middle School Level Therapist' was pretty extraordinary...Hope's Peak sure is amazing, I'm glad that I got the chance to attend, but...on the other hand, I feel out of place. Ah! Sorry, sometimes I just get really negative...bad habit of mine...but, that should do it for my introduction..."

Memory Lapse...he seems a bit wishy-washy, but, he doesn't seem like a bad person at least...

"Okay, your turn" Memory looks at Techno, awaiting his answer.

"Right, my name is Techno Blast, nice to meet you"

"...So, Techno? I have a tiny question: What's your 'Super Middle School Level' talent?"

"Oh, I'm the 'Super Middle School Level Inventor'."

"Inventor?" Memory's eyes widen.

"Right. It kind of just starts off with a little machine and then I try to make it do something different to anything else..." Memory was quiet for a little bit.

"But...don't they get heavy? You don't look that strong, no offence. But hey! Better than mine I suppose! So don't take that personally, okay?"

"I'll try not to..."

"Well, that looks like we're done with our introductions. Even if we don't know what's happening, I hope we can be friends!"

*Ding*

"W-what was that?!" Techno said suddenly. "Did that come from my...?" Techno thrust his hand into his pocket, thinking the mechanical sound came from inside. He pulled out a small gadget with a touch screen. "What is this thing? It looks like a smartphone...why is it in my pocket?"

"Usami just gave us them, don't you remember? Oh wait...you were passed out, so she must have just slipped it into your pocket"

"That...that's a little creepy...so what is it?"

"It's your ElectroID!" Usami said, appearing from nowhere.

"Uwah!" Techno stumbled back. "H-hey, how...w-where did you come from?!"

"Aww, did I startle you? I'm so sorry...Tee-hee! I'm not ashamed of apologies! They're very important! By the way, isn't that thing so cool? Isn't it? It's a crucial part of this field trip. So please don't lose it!"

"This device is...important?" Techno examined it.

"My task for everyone is to use this ElectroID and gather 'Hope Shards'."

Hope Shards?

"Basically, when you deepen your bonds with another student here on the island, you acquire, 'Hope Shards'! The more time you bond with others, the more Hope Shards you collect! I want you to gather as many Hope Shards as you can and make your Hope flower bloom! That is the goal of this field trip! Love, love!" She disappeared.

"Hey! Wait!" Techno called out but was given silence. She's gone...That stuffed doll doesn't just walk and talk, it can teleport as well...I don't understand, who is operating that thing?!

"What are these...Hope Shards, she said? What are they for?" Techno turned to Memory. "Why does she want them so badly? It's like we're playing a game..."

"It would be a relief if it was just a game...if nothing else, it would mean we aren't in any real danger"

"True..."

"More importantly...I think you should go and introduce yourself to the rest of the students here"

"I guess I should...but where did they all go?"

"They're exploring the island!"

"Seriously? They went exploring?"

"We've been told to live here...so we may as well get a good feel for the place...what kind of island is this? Is there a way off? Do we have food and supplies? Anyway, why not look around yourself? Make your introductions as you go along. I've already spoken to everyone...but I'd like to tag along, if that's alright with you?"

Seems that I have a companion...I guess I should be thankful. Exploring alone doesn't sound that fun...

"Alright, Techno, let's go!"

I have to wonder...is everyone here really okay with this? Can we just take this unusual situation so easily? Is this what fresh air and sunlight does to people? Or maybe...Usami did something to us...

"Something wrong? Let's move!"

"Sorry, let's go..." Whatever the case...it couldn't hurt to explore this...nightmare...can this be considered a nightmare? I guess I'll need to find out by myself...

"Also, just in case you get lost. There's a map of the island on the ElectroIDs. It just makes exploring the island a little easier. Also...I looked up information on everyone before we came here so I can tell you some useful stuff about some of them...not all though"

"You actually found information about them on the internet?"

"Eh?" Memory seemed surprised. "You didn't know? When Hope's Peak recruits a new class, the message boards go insane"

"Wow...did they have anything about me?"

"Well...not that I saw, but, there was a lot of information so I could have missed it...anyway, let's begin our introductions journey!"

"Yeah...let's go" I guess I'll finally get to know what everyone is like...

The two left the beach to end up on a road that went straight down the island in both directions.

"Why don't we go this way first?" Memory points to the left. "Most of the buildings are that way"

"Alright then..." They start to walk up the road. It takes a few minutes but they arrive at the first building. An airport.

"There's got to be a few people inside here! It's a pretty out-of-place building after all!" They head inside the building.

This...this is a real airport, isn't it? And....and those are... Techno looked out of the giant glass window to see the airplanes on the runway.

"Does that mean we can fly off of this island?" Techno looked at Memory.

"Nope, sorry to tell you..." A purple earth pony garbed in a white lab coat, black turtleneck and grey jeans tells him from one the seats in the room. "Those things aren't going anywhere, they lack the proper parts to do so..."

"What 'parts'?" Techno asked, slightly let down by the fact that the engines were gone.

"The engines are gone. These jets? They're props..." The boy folded his arms.

"There are no engines?" Is this the work of whoever brought us to the island? It must be whoever is operating Usami...but who is it? Why did they bring us here? And...How? The more I think about, the dizzier I get...

"Sorry, didn't want to sound negative since we just met...speaking of which...My name is Toxic Danger, 'Super Middle School Level Chemist'"

Toxic Danger Super Middle School Level Chemist

"Just like his title says, Toxic is a wizard with chemicals. He can pretty much make anything you want with them." Memory explains.

"That's an exaggeration, obviously." Toxic said.

Well I don't expect you to make a car out of a few chemicals...actually, he probably could. Metal elements...well...actually, I suppose they aren't chemicals...

"Still, I can't believe the engines are gone..." Memory sighs

"Listen, bad stuff can happen to engines, yeah? Sometimes irreparable stuff, sad, but true. But this? No engines means someone is trying to make us stay on this island. Ah well, this is unnatural, but I guess it's nothing we can't handle, right?" Toxic smirked a little.

"...Huh?" Techno raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, yeah, we might be stuck here, but at least we aren't being forced to do something stupid or dangerous...I mean...you did read the rules, right? Y'know, in the ElectroID thing that we got? They're under the guide section. Go ahead, take a look.”

Techno pulled out his ElectroID and did as instructed by Toxic.

Rule 1. Excess violence is forbidden on this island. Let's live peacefully and quietly together.

Rule 2. Let's gather Hope Shards by deepening our bonds with our friends.

Rule 3. Throwing garbage and damaging the environment is forbidden. Let's live in harmony with nature on this beautiful island.

Rule 4. The supervising teacher will not interfere directly with student activities unless rules are broken.

"See? They're all rules for keeping order. Like any other field trip, really"

"No violence, harmony with nature...Peaceful, quiet days...it's just like Usami said. The rules in this ID look like they're simply there to protect the peace" Memory concluded.

"But, can we really trust Usami? She practically kidnapped us!" Techno argued.

"You're pretty pessimistic. I think you should try to look on the brighter side" Toxic frowned/

"Yeah, just take it easy and see how things play out, y'know? Until something happens, we should treat it like a vacation...although, that rabbit is just to pink for me to look at..." Memory sighed.

He's taking it so lightly...must be nice...I'm a little jealous...

*Ding*! Hope Shard acquired!

Techno turned to the pony that was staring out to the planes from the huge glass window. It was a cyan earth pony that wore the wetsuit and the blond hair.

Never was good with girls...here goes nothing... Techno walked up beside her, Memory following behind.

"Um...h-hi..." He said shyly. She didn't respond, she didn't look like she even noticed him. "U-um...e-excuse me...?" She still didn't face him. "H-hey!"

"I'm listening..." She said. "It's...these planes...they're the only way we could get off the island and they won't even work...ack!" She turned to face Techno. "Sorry! I shouldn't be the one that's bringing the mood down in this situation...hey...are you alright?"

S-she's....kind of cute....

Memory giggled. "Even with those lenses in your glasses, I can tell your pupils have dilated and well...your face speaks for itself..." He tapped the blue translucent lens.

Techno turned away. "S-sorry!"

"Uh....it's fine..." She said.

"Anyway, I'm taking Techno here around the island so he can introduce himself to everyone.” Memory turned back to the earth pony/

"Oh I see. My name's Rip Tide, it's very nice to meet you, Techno..."

Rip Tide Super Middle School Level Surfer.

"Rip here is the 'Super Middle School Level Surfer', she's known for some of her peak tricks.” Memory informed.

"P...peak tricks?" Techno reluctantly turns back, face still slightly red.

"I could show you some time if you want" Rip smiled. "I'm a great teacher!"

"Um...t-thanks..." Techno gave a weak smile.

"...hmm...I have to say though...'Techno' just sounds a little too boring to me. Do you mind if I gave you a nickname?" She asked brightly.

"N-not at all!" Techno nodded.

"Hmm...I think...I think I'll call you Techy!" She smiled, sweetly causing Techno's blush to brighten.

"So, Rip, what do you make of the situation we're in?" Memory asked her.

"What do I think of it? Well...there's a beach, so I'm not complaining. Usami said that there were gonna be some pretty sweet waves later so I'm grab a surfboard and go out there."

"Wait, you don't actually mind?" Techno said surprised.

"Not really, I mean. This is just a field trip so it'll be over at one point. They can't really keep us here forever."

"I...I guess you're right..." Techno frowned.

*Ding* Hope Shard Acquired!

"I gotta go now, I have something I wanna check out. Talk to you later, Techy! Maybe we could have a little...meet-up? I wanna get to know you a little better. You seem interesting!" Rip gave a little wave as she ran off. Techno glanced at Memory who had a sly grin plastered to his face.

"S-shut up!" Techno pushed him.

"Hey! I didn't say anything wrong! You're the one that got flustered"

"Ugh, whatever, can we just go to next building?"

"Sure...I think that would be the market...let's go" Memory led the way to the next building over. It wasn't too long, not as long from the beach to the airport at least.

----------

A supermarket...a pretty big one at that. It looks like what you'd expect to find on a resort island. I guess we are abroad.

"Looks like we don't need to worry about food and supplies. For now at least" Memory comments.

"What do you mean by 'for now at least'?" Techno asked him slightly worried.

"It's just a figure of speech!"

"Well, what is this stuff isn't edible? What if it's poisoned?!" Techno shook him a little which left Memory to pause for a moment.

"You're really suspicious of everything, aren't you, Techno?"

"Under the circumstances. You can't blame me...look around, this supermarket is huge but nobody is here expect us"

"Well, Usami mentioned it was uninhabited"

"That's not my point! I mean- agh!"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just..." Techno glanced at a pink male Pegasus wearing a white buttoned shirt and black tight pants in the corner of his eye. I can feel a piercing gaze directed at me...

"Well...hello..." He spoke in a sly tone.

"Hey there...this is Techno..." Memory seemed a little rushed with this introduction.

"Ah...so you're called Techno? Very cute..." The Pegasus in front of the two grinned.

"Uh...c-cute?"

"Yeah...wanna know my name...?" He brushed his hair back with a small comb that was in his shirt pocket. "It's Clip Brunette...remember it because you'll be saying it a lot for sure in a few years..."

Clip Brunette Super Middle School Level Hairdresser.

"Anything you wanna know, honey?" He winked.

"H-honey?!" Techno stuttered.

"Clip here is the 'Super Middle School Level Hairdresser'!" Memory directed Techno's attention away from Clip.

"Okay, info?" He asked.

"Well he can make your hair look like anything out want, despite length. But don't anger him...those scissors might just...slip.” Memory laughed a little.

"Please don't say that with a smile on your face..." Techno frowned.

"Mhmhmhmh! I must ask though, who does your hair? It's absolutely gorgeous!" Clip almost launched forward to get a feel of Techno’s hair.

"Huh...?" Techno touched his light blue hair that was pushed over to one side. "It's nothing special. Just some gel..."

"You. Are. Joking." Clip seemed stunned. "You can do THAT with just some gel? You are amazing, what's your number?"

"Excuse me?"

"Clip is also gay..." Memory mentioned.

"And proud!"

"Clip, you're forgetting that we don't have our cell phones here, having Techno's number would do nothing"

"And I like girls.” Techno added

"That's what they all say at first..." Clip stuck his tongue out playfully.

Who is this guy?

"I think we should hit the nearest eject button to this conversation" Memory whispered to Techno.

"Right...uh...we've gotta go now..." Techno turned to get away.

"Don't be gone too long, honey!"

*Ding* Hope Shard acquired!

Well that was creepy....

"Peek-a-boo!" There was shiver running down Techno's spine. "I see you!" A female, auburn unicorn grabbed Techno's pants.

"ACK?!" He jumped back, crashing into the girl behind him. He quickly stood up and backed away from the girl in the black jacket, white shirt, which was clearly band merchandise since the name of the band was on it and grey jeans.

"Ehehehe!" The unicorn laughed. "Sorry about that." She gets up. "That's just my way of greeting people!"

"It's true..." Memory tells him. "That 'greeting' ends with your pants around your ankles."

"Who says hello by pantsing someone?"

"It gives different reactions and I do not just do that! Any little prank really!"

"Right..."

"Want a demonstration?"

"No!" She giggled at his apprehensiveness. "Anyway...my name is Techno Blast and I-"

"Whoa! What was that?! Where's the energy?! Are you still asleep?" She pointed at him. "That was not an introduction. This is an introduction! You ready?! Here we go!" She took a deep breath. "I'm LASEEEEEEEEEEEER LIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!!!!"

Laser Lights Super Middle School Level Special Effects Artist

"Now you try!" She smiled at him.

W-where did that voice come from...?

"What's wrong? Do I need to motivate you?" Laser’s smile turned into a grin.

"Techno, just do it! I didn't and she almost wedgied the life out of me"

"Err...I'm...TECHNO! TECHNO BLAST!!" I hate this already

"Hmm...Kind of underwhelming, but it'll pass!" She smiled. "But how about this supermarket? It's something else, eh? They have hay fries and daisy sandwiches and other awesome foods! Food that could satisfy the Amareicans, Germanes, Prench and even Neighponese! Uwah! This is so exciting! Seeing so many awesome products is overwhelming! But being excited make me hungry! I don't get it, why do I always get hungry when I get excited? Kyahahaha! The unicorn body works in mysterious ways!"

"Anyway, this eccentric person here is the 'Super Middle School Level Special Effects Artist'. Her mother worked for this movie company but they were having trouble with the special effects so they went to take a break. When they came back, Laser here had taken over and completely aced it!" Memory seemed slightly in awe as he explained. He must be a fan.

I think I might've heard of that movie...somewhere...

"You were actually starting to make your own movie, right?" Memory asked the short unicorn.

"Own movie?" Techno repeated.

"Are you intrigued?" Laser asked Techno.

"Yeah....a little"

"Hooray! I will give some details if you want."

"I think I already replied as 'yes'."

"Details, details!" She giggled. "But, since I don't like spoilers, I probably shouldn't tell you about it..."

"Err...fair enough..." Techno rubbed the back of his head. She was strange, offering to give details and then not give details…

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

"Well, I guess that's everyone here...shall we?" Memory starts walking to the exit.

"Wait for me!" I don't want to be left alone with these two!

------------

After their walk to the next destination. They turn up at a building with a huge pool and sixteen cabins in front of it. There was a sign on the main building that read 'Hotel Mirai'.

"Wow! This is a pretty fancy looking hotel" Techno commented.

"Hotel Mirai....they used a Neighponese word for their title of the hotel...When I heard we'd be living here, I was afraid we'd be camping outside, abandoning the comforts of modern life. But I guess we get to stay in the future after all! Heh...get it? Cause 'Mirai' means-"

"Why are you making puns at a time like this? We've been brought to an unknown place for unknown reason! How can you accept this?! You look like you're enjoying this!"

"Well, either way, it looks like the hotel will act as our base of sorts...do you want to take a look around?" Memory started walking forward.

No, I will get my answer! Techno paused. Oh forget it...

"C'mon, there's most likely to be some students around!" They walked up to the pool, you could see how many students were there instantly. Three.

"Oh hey!" One of them walked up to Memory and Techno. "Memoire! This is the guy that passed out before, right?" It was an orange earth pony that wore the black and white track suit and was the one who had hearing problems.

"Hey, this is Techno...and it's Memory, not memoire..." Memory corrected.

"Well, nice to meet'cha Tencrow! Name's Quick Step!"

Quick Step Super Middle School Level Marathon Runner

"It's...Techno..."

"Hm?"

"TECHNO!!" He yelled his correction.

"Alright, alright, no need to yell..." Quick frowned.

"Quick, is a 'Super Middle School Level Marathon Runner', pretty impressive, huh?" Memory informs him.

"Just a marathon runner? What's so great about that?" Techno scratched his head.

"Well, he's always been first in marathons that would usually take days for people our age. He does them in mere hours!" Memory smiles.

"Well...doesn't that just mean he's fast?"

"No, not exactly." Memory shook his head.

"But...don't you need speed to finish a marathon?"

"Whoa, Tencho!"

"Techno!" He corrected a third time, now getting irritated.

"Whatever, what I was gonna say was that speed isn't the only thing, muscle endurance and stamina are important as well. Most runners get tired about a quarter of the way in and that's when I pick up the pace and win the whole thing!"

"Wait, you WIN these?" Techno’s eyes widened.

"Second to none! That's the power of the 'Super Middle School Level Marathon Runner'!" Quick gave a thumbs up.

I guess even with something like that, as long as it's a 'Super Middle School Level' it's something to be proud of

"Quick might be a little boastful and hard of hearing, but he is a good guy" Memory tell Techno.

"I'll keep that in mind..." Techno nods as Quick starts to walk away from them.

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

They walked up to a female, black earth pony in a pure blue dress who was lounging on one of the sunbeds, a pair of sunglasses covering her eyes up.

"...excuse me, but you're blocking the sun..." She says.

"Sorry, I'm just taking Techno here around the island so he can say hello to everyone, once that's out of the way, we'll be out of your hair. Promise!" The girl was quiet for a few seconds. She sits up with a sigh and takes her sunglasses of, revealing her blue eyes but at the same time, takes a summer hat and puts it on.

"My name is Aqua Black...happy?"

Aqua Black Super Middle School Level Fashion Designer

"Hey...you were the girl that was always correcting that other guy, right?" Techno asked.

"Right, what about it?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, nothing I just...just trying to make small talk I guess..." He replied awkwardly. Aqua sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"I don't do much talking unless we're talking business..."

"Business?" Techno repeated/

"I'm a 'Super Middle School Level Fashion Designer', my designs are wanted by billions of fashion stores across the globe. In fact, you're wearing some of my 'Summer Colt' collection" She indicates Techno's hoodie and shoes. "I take it that you're a fan?"

"Actually...I don't buy my own clothes..."

"Y-you don't...?" Aqua seemed slightly taken off guard by that.

"No, my brother does"

"Well, tell him that he knows what fashion is in right now!" She pointed at Techno fiercely before laying back down on the sunbed.

"I will..." Not...

*Ding!* Hope Shard acquired!

Leaving her to relaxation time, Memory and Techno moved on to the final person that was outside. A yellow Pegasus that wore a white blouse and a light grey skirt that went three quarters of the way down her thighs. She seemed rather sad about something.

"Hey B-...is something wrong?" Memory asked her.

"Oh, Memory..." She looks up. Face brightening when she sees Techno. "You just brought the solution to my problem. My sincerest gratitude!"

"H-huh? Are you talking about-" She clasped her hands around Techno's.

"It's so nice to meet you! I'm Bud Daly, I was hoping to run into you as soon as possible!"

Bud Daly Super Middle School Level Social

"Oh, sorry, I should explain myself. You see, it's my goal to be friends with everyone I meet. It's what got me my title as a social" She curtsied.

"Just a socialiser?" Techno said, greatly underwhelmed.

"Not just any social. She has turned people’s lives around just by being friends with them...although, not much was said about you on the dashboard...I guess you were accepted a lot earlier than me..." Memory says.

"I suppose...but I was actually meeting with my uncle in prison over in Baltimare." She started.

Well this took a strange turn...

"And, one prisoner’s family had stepped out for a little bit. So I started talking to him and then two days later...he gets out early for good behaviour!" She clasped her hands behind her back and smiled sweetly.

"What were the charges?" Memory asked out of interest.

"...I think it was theft" Bud tapped her index finger on her cheek in thought.

"But the general part of it is that everyone like you?" Techno asked.

"Yes, I'm not sure what it is, everyone just likes me..." Bud shrugged.

Well...she's kinda cute...

"It was very nice to meet you Techno...I hope we can get to know each other a little more." She curtsied once again before walking off.

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

"Why don't we head inside?" Memory suggests.

"Sure..." Memory and Techno headed inside the building. The room had a few couches in the corner with a TV. Some tables were set out on the other side of the room, they were basic drop games.

"Well, this is the lounge of the hotel, for all of your relaxing needs!" Memory threw his arms in the air for emphasis.

"I guessed that, Memory..."

"Sorry, I guess it's just a habit of mine to explain things as we go along..." He smiled sheepishly. "Still, this is as high quality on the inside as the outside"

"...if this was on normal circumstances, I'd probably have a big, stupid smile on my face like you, but, seriously. Where are the staff? Why is it just us?" Techno threw the questions at him rapidly.

"That can't be helped, Techno, this is an uninhabited island" Memory folded his arms.

An uninhabited island...that has flawlessly maintained facilities, power, and probably running water...

"Yo, yo! M-Dawg! Who's this?" A brown unicorn with a red hoodie, black headphones and white pants asked from the couches. A green Pegasus wearing a grey shirt with the top button undone and a blue denim shirt was sitting across from him with a sketch book in one hand a pencil in the other.

"Techno, the one that passed out.” Memory introduced.

"Aw right, that guy. Pretty funny stuff, I gotta tell ya!" The unicorn chuckled.

Well, don't like him already...

"I'm taking him to meet everyone so why don't you introduce yourself?"

"You got it man!" he clicked his fingers. "Name's Boom Box! Perhaps you've heard of me?"

Boom Box Super Middle School Level DJ

"Or should I go by my stage name? DJ BoomTables!" He grinned, expecting Techno to know him.

"Wait...you’re THE DJ BoomTables?"

"So you've heard of me?"

"Nope." Techno shook his head.

"W-wha? Yo, T-Star, ain't nice to play others emotions like that. It's just cold!" Boom frowned.

T-Star? Seriously?

"My brother's a musician so he might have heard of you...what genre are you? Rap?" Techno asked.

"Dubstep.” Boom smiled hopefully.

"...no, he won't"

"Aw..." Boom sighed.

"Ehehehe...I'm guessing that you already have an idea of Boom's title?" Memory asked.

"Is it a DJ?" Techno guessed with a ‘do you really need to ask?’ expression.

"Yo, yo, you got it! You got it! Nice work T-Star!" He started fidgeting with his headphones. "Still insulted by ya though..."

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Techno turned his attention to the Pegasus that was sketching on the paper in front of her. Everyone was silent, aside from Boom's humming.

"...do you want something?" She said finally.

"Sorry, I just thought that we should do an introduction as well...is that okay?" She didn't look up from her drawing once.

"Introduce ourselves...? Fine then..." She said slowly.

"I'm Techno Blast..."

"I know, I heard you say it to Boom.” Her voice was rather monotonous.

Actually...that was Memory...

"My name is Paint Pallet..." She twirled her pencil.

Paint Pallet Super Middle School Level Artist

"As you can see, she has a way with that pencil of hers, so it's no shock that she's the 'Super Middle School Level Artist'. If you've ever heard someone talk about feeling emotions from looking at a painting...they were probably gazing upon one of Paint's work.” Memory spoke.

She still hasn't looked up from her drawing.

"You know, if that rabbit is telling the truth, then we'll be spending quite some time together on this island" She says.

"Yeah...looks that way..." Techno concurred.

"So, if we're gonna live in harmony like she wants us to then mutual understandings is of the utmost importance. We can't have ill feelings between each other...I don't want to hurt anyone..." She said ominously.

"U-um...hurt anyone...?"

"I can use this pencil in more ways than one, let's put it like that...no...More like...more than two ways..." Techno was silent in response. Mostly out of fear for his health and wellbeing.

I need to tread lightly around her...

*Ding!* Hope Shard acquired!

Memory and Techno waved goodbye to the two before heading upstairs. As soon they reached the top, they looked around. It was a restaurant.

"So this hotel has a restaurant..." Techno looked around.

"It's large enough for a banquet. A sense of space you can only get in the southern parts of Equestria...or whatever part of the world we're in...Could be in the dragon’s lands, the griffon kingdom, the changeling kingdom..." Memory chuckled.

"Does that change anything? We're still trapped on this island..." Techno reminded him.

"I wonder if we're really 'trapped'." Memory muttered to himself.

"What else could it be" Techno asked, curious of what Memory might say. Memory was silent for a few seconds.

"Well then...better get on with the introductions...look, there are two people talking over there..." The two direct their attention over to the dark blue earth pony and red unicorn both in the suits, the male in a white and the girl in a black, that seemed to be having some sort of argument.

"Well, you're the one that keeps getting those that are guilty off the hook!" The red unicorn yelled.

"You send innocent people to jail!" The earth pony retorted.

"No, we use evidence to support our claims and of the arrest!"

"We do to...except, to refute the charges!"

"Hey guys!" Memory butted in. "What's wrong?"

"...we're just having a debate over what side of the court is more righteous..." The female unicorn replied.

"Oh hey, this is the guy that passed out, right?" The blue earth pony pointed at Techno.

Everyone feels the need to bring that up...

"I take it that you're introducing him to everyone...? Very well, my name is Pure Law.” The girl lowered her head in a bow.

Pure Law Super Middle School Level Prosecutor

"Hey! I was gonna introduce myself! Don't cut me off!" The blue earth pony growled at her.

"I didn't cut you off because you hadn't even started speaking..." Pure argued.

"Nrr.....my name is Swift. Swift Justice..."

Swift Justice Super Middle School Level Attorney

"Pure is the 'Super Middle School Level Prosecutor' and Swift is the 'Super Middle School Level Attorney'." Memory explained, as if it hadn’t been obvious enough to Techno.

A prosecutor and an attorney...I guess that was why they were arguing...

"I must say...I was a little worried when you just collapsed earlier...are you feeling any better?" Pure asked

"Um...y-yeah, a lot better actually.” Techno nodded.

"So, Techno, answer me a small question...what side of the courtroom is more justified?" Swift asked him suddenly.

"More justified?"

"Attorneys defend those that are accused and prosecutors send the accused away...but what side would you say is more justified in its actions...?"

"Remember, attorneys can defend the guilty"

"And prosecutors can send innocent people away"

"So can attorneys, if they make the wrong accusation..."

"Well, prosecutors would let the guilty get away by sending the defendant to jail!"

These two are really going at each other....

"It would probably be best if we left them to their debate" Memory suggests.

".....actually...I think I have the answer"

"You do?" Pure turns away from Swift. "Let's hear it"

"Hey! Don't ignore me!"

"Well...I think both sides are equally justified"

"Equally...?" Pure repeated it as if the word had never been spoken to her.

"Right. Prosecutors could send away the guilty...but there's also the chance of the wrong arrest. Attorneys might be defending the innocent, but on another case, they could be defending the guilty..."

"W-well...honestly, I never thought about that...in that sense, anyway. Rather than one side being more justified than the other…because of the types of outcomes of the trial, they’re equally justified." Pure admitted.

“I guess that true, we both have an equal chance of being wrong or right so we’re kind of on the same level of justification...that does make sense, I guess. Kind of feel like an idiot for not seeing it from that angle earlier." Swift smiled.

Well....if it stopped their arguing...

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired
*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired

"If you're doing introductions, you should head to the central island once you're finished up on this one..." Swift suggests.

"Central Island?" Memory repeated.

"Yeah, there's a bridge near where we all started. It takes you to a different island, that girl with the glasses went there..." Pure recalled.

"Come to think of it...she hadn't introduced herself to anyone...there was no information on her on the dashboards for Hope's Peak..." Memory rubbed his chin in thought.

"So she's a real mystery girl..." Pure folds her arms.

"...hey, Techno? Why don't we head to the farm?" Memory suggested.

"There's a farm here?" Techno said in slight disbelief.

"Yep..." Memory didn't seemed to think it was out of place.

HOW?!! How are you so calm?!

"Well? Shall we go?"

"...I guess..." Techno sighed, following Memory out of the hotel area. "I still don't understand how you're okay with this..."

"Dunno, maybe because I have the strongest feeling that we'll be getting out of here in no time..." Memory shrugged.

"...you're optimistic..."

"Yeah, you should try it for once!" Memory gives him a playful nudge.

"Sometimes you just have to be suspicious about things..." Techno admits. "I've always been like that I guess..."

"...why is that?"

"...I guess it's ever since the first incident..." Techno shrugged, not really sure.

"You call it the 'First Incident'? You make it should like there were others like it..." Memory put his hands in his pocket.

"I know but...people just speculate that there could be another..."

"If that's what you think, then why did you accept the invite?" Memory asked.

"B-because..." Techno blushed. "I...I was feeling a little lonely..."

"Lonely? Why's that?"

"I didn't have a lot of friends back home so...I saw this as a way to fix that...maybe...get someone more than a friend..." There was a small silence between the two. "Sorry...I shouldn't be telling you this..."

"Nah, its fine. I get it, it's a case of monophobia. The fear of being alone...wait, do you have a fear that being egotistical or something would drive them away?"

"N-no..."

"Then it is monophobia...don't worry about it..." Memory put his hand on Techno's shoulder. "You can't possibly feel lonely here..."

"...I can see why you're the 'Super Middle School Level Therapist' now..."

"Ehhehehe...is it really showing through?" Eventually the two reached the farm. There was a barn, and an entrance with the sign saying 'Usami Corral'.

"Here we are" Memory says. "But...it doesn't look like there are many animals here..."

"Oopise...you got me!" Usami said, teleporting out of thin air once more.

"You again?! Where do you keep coming from?!"

"I am a very elusive bunny rabbit! I can appear anywhere and everywhere on this island! It's all thanks to my Magical Stick!"

Magical Stick? Is that the ridiculous toy she's holding?

"Oh, but this is indeed troubling...a farm without a cow is like a Neighpon representative who isn't Neighponese!"

"That's an...Odd comparison..." Memory comments.

"Okay! Stand back and leave it to my Magical Stick!" She walked up to one of the chickens that was roaming around the arm and raised her Magical Stick above her head. "Woo-ee-oo!" The chicken became trapped in a pink aura. "Chicken, now!! Become a cow!!" She tapped it with her Magical Stick and the chicken that was standing in that spot before had been replaced with a cow.

"Wh-wh-wh-wh-wh-WHAT?!!" Techno stuttered out.

"Great success!!" Usami giggled before teleporting away.

"W-what was...did you just...? Turn...a chicken...INTO A COW?!!!" Techno screamed in confusion.

"It's probably just smoke and mirrors, she must have had that prepared beforehand..." Memory says. "Probably her way of trying to cheer you up...looks like it had an opposite effect..."

Could something like that really just be smoke and mirrors? W...well, if I calm down and think about this rationally...there's no way a chicken would just turn into a cow! It's not possible!

"I think it would be best if you moo-ved along...don't think about it too much. It'll hurt your head..." A turquoise earth pony in a denim jacket, black shirt and black jeans with a small black box with a small microphone wired up to it was clipped onto the belt walked up to them.

...I want to punch him already...and what was with that high voice?

"Something the matter?" He asked.

"Techno, this is Smile Gigs...do you want to introduce yourself?"

"Yeah, name's Smile Gigs, if Memory... serves...that is how you pronounce it...hehe" He smiled to himself/

Smile Gigs Super Middle School Level Comedian

"Well...are you gonna introduce yourself or is that a Tech...no...?"

"Well...take a gander at what Smile's talent is..." Memory seemed to try and smile, but it wasn’t working.

"Is it being unfunny?" Techno deadpanned.

"Opposite actually. He can be funny, it's just his puns."

"Yeah, habit of mine" Smile admits. "So, what's your title?"

"Super Middle School Level Inventor..." Techno informed Smile.

"Inventor? Interesting..."

"Not really..." Techno shook his head.

"Nah, it is impressive. How many people do you think could have an idea for a machine and then actually build it? I'm guessing you build them to?" Smile seemed rather intrigued by it.

"Yeah...and yeah, I suppose..."

"Sorry, Smile, he's a bit pessimistic.” Memory frowned at the Pegasus.

"It's fine...I'm sure it'll pass...imistic..."

"One more pun and I'll be forced to punch you.” Techno gritted his teeth.

"Alright, alright, sorry"

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

"Don't tell Smile I said this. But most of the laughs that are generated come from his looks not matching up with his high voice. Most girls would talk to him when they first see him...but when it's his turn to talk..." Memory stopped.

"Hey, there are still girls that stick around!" Smile yelled.

"Hey, I'm just quoting the dashboard..."

"Aw...that's kinda depressing...but, at least you didn't see what they wrote about you..." Smile folded his arms.

"Why?" Memory's eyes narrowed. "What did they say?"

"Oh...nothing for you to be concerned about..." The comedian walked away.

"...I want my answer"

Now you know how I feel...

"Looks like there's one more student here..." Memory indicates the female white unicorn in the white shirt and red skirt that was leaning against the barn.

"Um...excuse me...?" Techno attempted to gain her attention.

"Let's see....there are petunias, daises, roses, sunflower. Those are the ones I've seen so far..." She muttered, jotting something in a small notepad.

"Um..." Techno stood awkwardly in front of her/

"Then there are the palm trees that are scattered everywhere, so we do have excess stocks of medical fruits..." She continued, not paying attention.

"Um, hello?"

"Let me handle this..." Memory says. "Hey! Clover!"

"Oh? Sorry. Didn't notice you guys..." She gave a smile. "So, what can I do for ya?"

"Just an introduction" Memory replied.

"Introduction? Okay, simple enough. Nice to meet you. My name is Clover Penny..."

Clover Penny Super Middle School Level Gardener

"Sorry about that, I was just collecting data on the plantation that grows on this island.” She explained, showing them what was written on the notepad.

"Plantation?" Techno repeated.

"The flowers and trees and different shrubs..." Clover clarified.

"And you're able to tell what they are just at a glance right?" Memory asked.

"That's right!" She smiled proudly.

"I can see why you're the 'Super Middle School Level Gardener'."

"Aw, thanks, Memory! So, what's your name?"

"Techno Blast..." She tapped her cheek with the pencil when he introduced himself.

"Oh...I'll remember that. It has a nice ring to it...maybe a daffodil...or a buttercup..."

"What?" Techno raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe...probably a bluebell…” She looked away for a moment.

"What are you talking about?" Techno frowned.

"If you were a flower...what would you be? That answer is a bluebell!" Clover concluded.

But...I'm a WHITE Pegasus...not blue...I wonder if she's met my brother...

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired

"Now, our last introduction will be at the central island, shall we?" Memory turned to Techno.

"Sure...let's go..."

The pair left the farm and headed in the usual direction. "This'll take us back to the beach, won't it...?"

"Yes, but don't worry...look!" Memory points at the huge bridge that stretches across the water from the island they were on. "Now...wouldn't you agree that this bridge looks like it will take us to a different island?"

"But...is it safe to go over there?" Techno said warily.

"Isn't finding out stuff like that the whole reason we're exploring?"

"And if it isn't safe?" Memory was quiet.

"Well, that's it then!" He laughed.

How can he smile whilst saying that?!

Seeing no other option, the two ventured over the long bridge. It was at least a five minute walk but eventually they made it to the central island.

"Hmm...I think there's a park around here somewhere...." Memory tells him. "Let's continue on and see if we can find it, it's a small island so it shouldn't take too long!" They headed down the path. Walking on they noticed a few more bridges, only different part was that they had gates to block them off. "They probably take us to other islands...but why would they be blocked off?"

"I don't think I want to know..." Techno said nervously.

"Relax for once! Honestly, you're so tense...I know that Rip gives a wicked massage if that'll excite you..." Memory paused. "Well...I guess it'll 'excite' you, but, maybe in more ways than one!"

"S-shut up!" Techno shoved him, face flushed.

"Hahahaha! I'm just messing with you. This is what I mean, you're so uptight! I'm guessing it comes from like....your dad, brother?"

"Um...yeah, my dad, but, my brother just sits in his room all day with the occasional visit from one of his friends..."

"You actually have a brother?" Memory said, slightly surprised.

"Yeah, he's kind of dorky though...you probably heard of him, he was-"

"Oh, hey! The park!" Memory cut him off. "Let's check it out!"

Okay...I'll just not answer your question...

Upon entering, you could see a small garden surrounding a statue with a few different types of animals that looked like they were in the middle of a battle royal.

"It's...a pretty small park..." Techno comments.

"A park that's surrounded by the ocean...not a bad place, is it?"

As cheery as ever...well, if the situation was different, I think could also enjoy lazing around in the sun in a place like this...if the situation was different

Over by the statue. The figure of the female grey Pegasus with the glasses in the black coat and skirt with the blue t-shirt that seemed oddly out of place on her outfit, and book was visible.

"Well, there's the last one...I'll need to make my introduction to her to..." The two walked up to her although, she didn't seem interested in talking. "Hey there!" There was no reaction. "Um...hello? Anyone...? We just wanted to say hi..."

"Well, you just did, now leave..." She told them. She was forceful in saying it but there was no emotion whatsoever.

"Err...w-well, yeah but. We wanted to make a proper introduction...is that alright?" Techno almost pleaded.

"......ugh...fine, if you want my name so much. It's Bright Idea."

Bright Mind Super Middle School Level Theorist

"I'm the 'Super Middle School Level Theorist'. Now yours, don't waste my time.” She clicked her fingers.

"My name is Memory Lapse. I'm the 'Super Middle School Level Therapist'."

"I'm Techno Blast...'Super Middle School Level Inventor'."

"An inventor and a therapist...well I guess they needed something to fill in the spots. You'd expect something useful though..." She huffed.

"Excuse me?" Techno said, insulted.

"You think you could do something a little better. A therapist? Why would you want to get involved in someone else's problems and an inventor? You'll run out of ideas eventually.” The two were quickly angered by her insults.

"Oh, and a theorist is so much better?!" Techno growled.

"Yes, my theories have been right ninety-nine percent of the time. Earlier today was the first time I was wrong..." She admitted.

"I find that hard to believe..." Memory says, unconvinced of her powers.

"Really? Why don't I give you a little taster?" She smirks.

"On what...exactly?" Techno seemed slightly uneasy by her sudden change in demeanour.

"What will happen on this island...?" Techno and Memory went quiet as Bright closed her eyes. "Now...if my theory is correct..." She pushed up her glasses. "Then the evil will show itself here at this park...very soon"

"Evil? What are you talking about?" Memory asked.

"...you'll see..." She laughed before walking away from the two.

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

I don't think I should have gotten a Hope Shard for her...

*Ding dong, Bing bong!*

"Did you hear that...? It sounded like a school chime..." Techno looked at Memory.

"Techno. Look at that monitor..." He pointed to a monitor that was sat on a stand. It switched on to display Usami sitting in a red chair.

"Congratulations, everyone!" She cheered. "It looks like everyone managed to gather their very own Hope Shard! Oh this make me so very happy! And so, I have prepared special presents so you can be happy to! I'm sorry for the trouble, but please gather up back at the beach! Tee-hee! Let's make our hope's shine together!" The monitor turned off.

"She said we should go back to the beach." Memory said stating the obvious.

"Are you sure it's alright...? I have a bad feeling about this..." Techno said nervously.

"It doesn't make much sense to just stand here and worry. Let's just head to the beach and keep the worrying for later."

"S-shouldn't we take...more precautions...?" I don't like this...but I don't want to be the only one that didn't show up...

"Look, Techno. We'll be fine." Memory reassured him.

"..." Techno sighed. "There's no way to win this argument, so let's just go..."

"That's what I like to hear!" Memory smiled. Leading Techno back across the painfully long bridge, to the First Island, as the sign at the bridge from the central island had labelled it as. The two headed back to where they had started their search on the island to find that everyone had already gathered there. Aside from Usami.

"You two are last here. What took you so long?" Bright asked instantly.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting!" Memory apologised.

"Hmm..." Bright fixed her glasses. "More importantly, this gives us a chance to discuss the situation among ourselves before Usami shows up..."

"Yeah, yeah! I love to talk!" Laser said, receiving some strange glances.

"Let's share our first impressions of this island then..." Bright stands in front of them all, as if trying to lead them.

"There are several sealed off bridges on the Central Island" Paint says first, still not looking up from her sketch. "Why are sealed off? That worries me..."

"Oh! The gates are there to make sure that we don't get lost!" Laser speaks up. "I tried to find a way past 'em, then the bunny showed up and told me!"

"So we don't get lost?" Paint repeated. "I wonder how big this island is..."

Maybe if you raised your head for once...

"Dunno, but all in all, this island feels like a tourist resort" Toxic smirks. "Not that I've ever been to one though..."

"There was that huge farm." Clover smiles.

"Oh, and that supermarket. It was HUGE! So I'm sure there are enough food and supplies for us" Clip twirls his scissors.

"The hotel is beautiful, I don't think I'll mind if that's where we're staying" Aqua folds her arms.

"The restaurant has more than enough seats for everyone here. So sitting down for breakfast, lunch and dinner won't be an issue" Pure says.

"Hey, I have something important to say" Swift said, seriously. "You see, I found something very important on this island."

"You're talking about the girls, right SJ?" Boom smirked.

"Nwah...I feel weird around you, and I don't like feeling weird!" Laser yelled at him.

"That...wasn't what I was referring to..." Swift tells him. "I was talking about the kitchen. There are plenty of ingredients in there to make whatever we want"

"Are you serious? Not one of you mentioned a very important matter?" Bright said, annoyed at them.

"And that would be...?" Smile asked.

"Am I dealing with idiots or something? You're telling me that nobody noticed?" Bright snarled at them.

"What did you say, bitch?" Aqua said with a sneer. "I recommend you stop being so full of yourself before I slap you so hard, your books pages will fly off!"

"Stop howling, you ratchet skank.” The theorist shot.

What important matter? She has my attention... "So, what is this important matter?" Techno asked her, still a little afraid of what she told he and Memory on the Central Island. "Did you find information about the island?"

Bright stayed silent for a few seconds. "Did none of you cross the bridge and visit the park on the Central Island?"

"You mean the one with the statue of all the creepy animals?" Memory asked.

"Yes, when I saw it, I recalled something I heard of a while ago...among the islands of the Southern Equestrian Ocean, there is one known for its scenic beauty. It's not just a single island though. It a set of five islands around a central one. Those five islands are represented by five sacred animals."

"Eh...?" Techno tilted his head.

"The name of that island is...Jabberwock Island..." There were a few murmurs among the group.

"So, could this island we're standing on be Jabberwock Island? Is that what this island is called?" Memory asked.

"If that's the case...then there is something worrying. According to what I've heard, Jabberwock Island is...” She went quiet. "No...Never mind..."

"Whoa, you can't stop in the middle of that!" Quick said.

"I'm just surprised you heard all that..." Aqua giggled.

"Don't worry, after I finish off my investigation and confirm my thoughts, I'll tell everything you want to know..." Bright promises.

"Who cares what this place is called?" Smile asked. "I mean, it doesn't matter either way, does it? We'll be living here for a while no matter what we do..."

"Living on a tropical, southern island sounds like so much fun! I'm so ready for this!" Laser throws an enthusiastic punch in the air.

"Yeah, dudes, no school either!" Boom points out.

"H...hey, why is everyone...?" Techno started.

"Yeah! I love this island!" Clover giggles.

"Some people are a different matter...." Aqua adds.

"Sure...some of this is worrying, but we shouldn't despair yet. This place isn't that bad" Bud smiles. "There's no real danger here, and it seems we can do as we please! Why don't we try and make the best of it?!"

"W-what are you saying...? Try thinking rationally...!" Techno pleaded. "We were all supposed to enrol into Hope's Peak Academy! And now we're being told that we need to live on this island! This is strange no matter what angle you look at it from!"

"C'mon, Techy, you might not be thinking straight because of shock. Try to cool off a little" Rip suggests.

"Wha-?!"

"Well it's not like we have anywhere to escape to even if we wanted to" Swift tells him.

"Yeah, there are no boats and there may as well be no planes either" Toxic supports Swift's statement.

"And since our cell phones are gone, we have no communication with the outside world" Paint tells him. "So you know...kinda difficult to tell anyone that we need help"

"Can't we just swim back?" Smile suggests.

"Um, honey, I don't think so. I'll get my clothes wet, plus I can't swim that far" Clip argues.

"Yeah I'm with the offensive stereotype" Aqua agrees.

"Aw, where's the spirit you guys!" Quick says.

"She’s right, it's impossible...we're too far from any other land mass" Bud says. "The Equestrian land is too far from here, the only reason I know that is because the closest island to Equestria is a good two hundred and thirty miles away"

"W-well...we could cut some trees and make a raft" Techno suggests.

"You can't do that! I'm very serious about that!" Usami scolded him, once again, appearing out of nowhere. "Remember our rules! They're in the guide to this field trip! 'Damaging the environment is forbidden. Let's live in harmony on this beautiful harmony'. See? All I wish is for you to live peacefully with your friends and nature on this beautiful tropical island!"

"W...why should we follow any of your rules?! We never agreed to any of that!" Techno said back.

"I suggest that you stop now." Bright intervenes. "That bunny seems extremely obsessive over her rules...there's a chance you will endanger the entire group by doing something reckless. Do you want to do that?"

"I...I never said anything about 'danger'! I would never do something like that!" Usami said, half panicking.

"Look, Techno. I know you must be feeling rather nervous, but, I think you should calm down..." Memory whispered into Techno ear.

"Either way, it doesn't look like there is any danger on this island unless we do something weird, honey" Clip says.

"As long as we get them Hope Shards, we'll be home in no time, yo!" Boom says

"Do you seriously believe that?" Techno questioned.

"We have no choice but to...at least for now..." Bright tells him.

"Hey, Usami! Didn't you mention something about 'presents' in that TV show of yours?" Laser asked

"Oh, that's right! Not that I forgot or anything...love! Love! Here they are!" She pulled out some keychains of herself and handed one to each of the students. "Don't worry, there's enough for everyone! I even have extras in case you lose yours!" Everyone goes silent, all staring at the small figurine.

"What the...?" Memory starts.

"Heeheeheehee! They're my Usami Charms!" She giggled. Looking rather proud of herself. "They speak if you push their belly!"

Techno paused before pressing his. "My name is Usami! Magical Girl Miracle Usami! I'm a teeny sweet milky girl!!"

"Isn't it cute? Love! Love!"

"What a bunch of garbage" Bright scoffs.

"Aw...I was expecting something a little more worth coming here..." Laser sighed.

"I object to you thinking this was worth our time!" Swift said.

"Really? I think they're kind of cute" Rip smiles. "Especially how the ears look like rabbit ears"

"That's because I'm a wabbit! I thought I made that very clear!" Usami reminded them.

Didn't matter, most are already in the sand...the only ones that didn't throw them away were Rip and I.

"Hey! Dirtying nature with garbage is prohibited!" Usami scolded.

"Aha! So you admit that they're garbage!" Laser says triumphantly.

Even if she isn't telling us why we're here...I have to feel bad for Usami. I'd probably throw mine away as well but...something about them are just strangely attaching.

Usami picked up the keychains, crestfallen, and looked at them with a sad face."Uu....I even prepared another present...but you're all such horrible children so I don't want to give them to you anymore. Except for Rip and Techno!"

"So there's something else?" Paint asked.

"Well, compared to my Usami Charms, they aren't that much of a big deal, but...I prepared a 'motive' for all of you." Techno wobbled at the word ‘motive’.

"A...a motive?" Techno repeated trying to hide the nervousness in his voice.

"That right! A motive for everyone to become friends! Seeing as we're by the sea, I thought we should do something for the occasion!"

"Really? What is it? A welcoming party?" Smile asked.

"Bingo!" Usami threw her arms in the air.

"Oh wow, what kind of party is this?" Pure asked enthusiastically.

"If we're having a party on the island there's gonna have to be an awesome meal, right, right?!" Laser asked.

"A campfire would be nice!" Bud recommended.

"We could prepare something nice from the wildlife!" Clover added

"Everyone, I realize that you all have your wishes, but since we're at the sea..." She produced sixteen bags. Eight red and eight blue. "See? This would be a great start!"

"...Swimming bags...?" Memory questioned.

"Bingo! Love, love!"

"So, that means...?" Toxic started.

"That's right! I prepared swimsuits for each of you! Well, they're school swimsuits, but please put up with them!" Usami gestured to them all.

"You want us to wear swimsuits...? Right now?" Techno asked.

"I'm not ordering you to do anything. It's just, I thought you all might want to go for a swim" Usami explained.

"W...who would ever swim in this place?!" Techno said. "Nobody would just jump in the ocean when we don't even know how we got here...!"

"WOOOOHOOOO!!!!" Laser's voice bellowed through the island as she ran off with one of the bags.

"Eh...?" Techno raised an eyebrow.

"This is perfect, it's been hot all day!" Toxic said grabbing another.

"I concede." Swift smiles.

"It's been so long since I swam in the ocean!" Bud smiled.

"See ya later! I'm going to go get changed!" Quick announced.

I can't believe that they're all doing this...

"Hey Techno, what's wrong? You're like the only one that isn't going to get changed!" Memory asked him. Techno was quiet. "Look, I understand how you feel about this place, and I don't want to say anything out of place, but...I don't want you to feel left out, you should join us..." Saying nothing more, Memory headed off to the hotel.

There's nothing dangerous on this island...? Is that true...? And if it is...am I the only one that got it wrong?

"There's still one bag weft" Usami tells him.

"Two, actually, Rip's already in the water. She wears a wetsuit so she doesn't need to get changed." Techno corrects.

"Well...there's only one boys bag left." She tapped the blue bag.

"Boys?"

"Yes, the red ones are for the girls and the blue ones are for the boys!"

...surely nobody took the wrong one...

"I hate it when others are left out..." Usami and Techno stared at each other for a while.

".......ugh, fine..." Techno gave in and took the last blue bag and headed off to the hotel.

----------

By the time Techno had made it halfway back to the beach, he could already the voices of everyone else. He walked on the sand in the black swimming shorts that he found in the bag along with snorkelling gear and a towel that he left back in his hut. Everyone else's swim suit was black but at the time still different for everyone. The only odd one out was Rip, in her dark blue and white wet suit.

"Oh, hey Techy" Rip greeted, wading out of the water. "...How come you still have your hoodie?"

"W-well...I just wasn't that sure if I was going to go into the water so I just brought it..." He replied timidly.

"Aw...well, if you want to join us, I could finally show you some surfing tricks" She gestures over to two surfboards resting against the palm trees. "This is nice though...look how much everyone else are enjoying this!"

"The water is a lot warmer than I thought" That was Pure.

"I love the salty taste of the sea!" Had to be from Laser.

"Hey! I brought some sunscreen from the supermarket if anyone needs it!" Quick told them.

"Pass it here, yo!" Boom said.

"Hey, Boom, do you mind putting some on my back?" Bud asked him.

"Wha-? H-hey I could-"

"Sure, whateves!"

"Be careful with where he's putting that on you, Bud..." Clover warns her.

This place...really is starting to feel like a resort...

"Of course...there are the other five that didn't join us...why don't you talk to them? I'll be in water!" Rip runs off back into the ocean.

"So..." He turns to those that hadn't ventured into the ocean. "Aqua? How come you aren't going to swim?"

"I only changed because I'd looks out of place and out of style if I didn't. I have no interest in the water whatsoever. I see you're still wearing my design though. You'd better not get it wet!"

"Uh...d-didn't plan on it!"

"Good to hear..." She went over and sat under one of the palm trees.

"What about you Bright?" Techno turned to the grey Pegasus.

"I'm waiting for the perfect moment to go in..."

"Huh?"

"My theory is that if I go in the water in exactly two minutes and thirty-four seconds from when I finish this sentence, I can achieve maximum enjoyment." She explained, adjusting her glasses as she spoke.

"Um...right...Clip?" He hoped for a slightly normal answer.

"Oh, I'm not getting my hair wet. But I'll do it if you jump in with me...and you let me put the sunscreen on your body..."

"No" Techno said forcefully before turning away from him.

"Nice vi-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" Techno walked up to Paint. "So how come you're over here?"

"I want to finish my sketch before anything else..." She explains.

"You've been working on that since we got here, what are you drawing?" He asked, when he tried to sneak a peek at her progress, she held it against her chest.

"Our class..." She slowly moved it away when Techno backed off.

"Why are you drawing that?"

"It's a group photo, Usami thinks it could bring us all closer together and if it helps us get off the island...then I want this to be the best drawing I ever drew!" She spoke with determination.

"And finally...Smile?" Techno looked at the last of the five that didn’t venture

"I want to work on a seaside comedy routine before I jump on in, distractions could cost me it, y'know?" He answered, writing down what was presumably his routine whilst fiddling with the black box sat at his side.

"A seaside comedy routine?"

"Yep. Might have a few aquatic jokes that I think you'll find re-eel-ly impressive!" he chuckled.

Wow everyone is in such high spirits...b-but I...

"I am so happy!" Usami exclaimed. "Everyone is getting along and having fun, and that makes me happy! I thought it would be difficult but it seems I underestimated the Super Middle School Level students! This is a great start to our Heart-Thumping Field Trip!" Techno looked around at everyone.

What is this...? This...indescribable feeling...like I'm an outcast...could I have really been wrong all along?

"I get it..." Techno said aloud. "I should just go along with it, right? In that case...why don't I...? Alright, Rip! How about those surfboarding lessons?"

"Techno! I'm so very happy to see that you're relaxed now!" Usami told him

"Me too...hey, Aqua, hold onto my hoodie for me, kay?" He passed his hoodie over to her.

"Only because it's one of my designs." She tells him.

"Aw...I wanted Techno's hoodie..." Clip sighed.

"No way. I don't care how stereotypical you are, you are not touching my design!" Aqua yelled fiercely.

"Hey Techno!" Memory called him, he was standing with Rip. "C'mon over already!"

"Alright! Coming!" Techno ran into the water and waded over to them and just as he reached them. Huh...?

The beautiful blue sky quickly clouded over with disgusting looking black clouds. What's going on....?

"What's going on?!" He said it out loud this time. "Why is the sky going dark? This isn't natural!"

"Eh? W...what?" Even Usami seemed confused.

"Usami, what's happening?" Techno asked. "The weather was great until a second ago!"

"A...awa....awawawawawa....." She started yelling. "T-this can't be happening! Not again!"

"Huh?" Techno looked at the rabbit.

"If I didn't do this...then...this is impossible! This can't be!" She waved her stubby arms in the air.

W-what is she....?

"Upupupupupu...." The laugh sounded throughout the beach as the monitor turned onto a hazy figure, around the same size as Usami. "Aaaa--Aaaa---...! Mic check, mic check! Aaa--aaa--aaa--aaa--! Can you hear me? Can you hear me?"

That's an...Out of place, easy-going voice...very different to Usami's....this is more sinister... Techno started to shiver.

"Upupupu! Did you let one out? Did you let one out in surprise? You did! Didn't you? Well, then! I've kept you waiting far too long. Let's end this boring opening act...It's time to bring on the headliner! Please gather at Jabberwock Park, you guys!" It switched off.

"No! No! No! No! It's impossible!" Usami cried out. "I can't...I can't let him win again! I must do this!" Usami disappeared.

"Hey! Wait!" Techno called out, though it came out more as a strained cough.

"That felt...alarming..." Swift said.

"I think we should go to..." Clover suggests. "He said Jabberwock Park, right? Let's go..."

"H...hey! Wait up!" Aqua called out.

"But...what about us that have been swimming?" Toxic asked.

"We can't wait for you all to dry off. We need to go!" Bright commanded. Techno shakily grabbed his hoodie that Aqua left behind in her hast.

What the hell is going on...? What the hell is happening...? "W-w-w-we need to go...to Jabberwock Park..." Techno said nervously.

-----------

Techno was last to show up at Jabberwock Park. He was barely able to move when he heard Usami's voice echoing around the island from the bridge.

"Where are you hiding?! Where are you?!" She yelled at nobody.

"Where's who hiding?" Techno asked.

"Upupupupu!!" The voice cackled again.

"W-what was...?” Swift started.

"Hey hey! Where are you?! Where?!" Usami yelled again.

"Ahahahaha!!"

"Guys...the statue!" Memory pointed. Everyone turned to see what he was talking about and at the exact moment a figure, the same rough size as Usami and the same shape as the hazy figure flew out from behind the statue. A bear plush, one half was white and the other was black with an evil grin and glowing red eye.

"Sorry to have kept you all waiting..." It spoke. "Long time no see! I am Monokuma! The school's headmaster!" He stood up. "And now that I've made my long overdue appearance, first I have to say...that was tepid! Lukewarm! Damp! Are you...damp too...?" His white side started to sweat.

"I knew it was you again!" Usami said. "But...how are you here? Why are you here, Monokuma?!"

Mono....Kuma? Techno trembled at the name.

"Silence! I'm very angry! The tepid mood you guys are wallowing in is making me sick! You're seriously bringing your 'Heart-Thumping Filed Trip' into this world to?! It's boring! Despair-inducingly boring! Who could ever get excited over something like that?! Let's end this farce now! We have to respond to society's needs, y'know? Nobody wants to see a bunch of middle school students enjoying peaceful, quiet days in the sun! Nope. What everyone wants is...Suffering. Hardship. Misery. Despair."

"W-what the hell are you talking about?! Someone make this stuffed toy shut the hell up!" Aqua said, enraged.

"Speaking of which...who is this new stuffed toy?" Bright inquired.

"Stand back everyone!" Usami told them. "Let me handle this! He may have gotten me once before but this time-"

"HIYA!" Monokuma cried, crashing into Usami. There was a sudden wrestling match between to two. "Take that! And that!!" Monokuma yelled.

"S...stop this!" Usami yelled.

"Bang! Wham!!"

"Kyaaaaaa!!" The two rolled away from each other, Monokuma now with the Magical Stick, he threw it to the ground and broke it in two.

"Ta-da! Another flawless victory from Monokuma!"

"Nooo! Not again!"

"Now for the finishing touches!" He grabbed Usami. "You need to re-do your colour scheme again! Ahahaha!" They got into another fight. "If you resist, you'll just taste the sweetness of suffering longer!"

"Kyaaaa! Stop it!!"

"Hey! Keep still! I can't shove this wooden rod into you if keep moving!"

"No! I...I said don't do that!" The two separated. Usami was now more like Monokuma, one half was white and the other was pink with a glowing red eye but unlike Monokuma...she had a diaper on.

"Ta-daaaa! Perfecto!"

"Wha-?! Why again?! I want my old outfit back right now!"

"Oh, you're being a bad girl, Monomi, snapping back at your brother's sense of style like that!" Monokuma’s claws sharpened.

"No! I don't want to be Monomi, I don't want to be your little sister!" She whined.

"Well, Usami's character is to boring, you need to my little sister now...it's a retcon you see..."

"Why do I need to be your little sister, again?!"

"Do you really think I'll let you be my bigger sister? The one I had no connection to at all for my entire life? No, we've went through this. You're my little sister. Therefore, you should never disobey your older brother again! I won't let you off with it next time!" Monokuma spat at Monomi.

"Whaaaa?! Even my name is being written as 'Monomi'?! I can't let you make all these changes!" Monokuma charged at Monomi and threw his fist at her, causing her to fly a couple of meters away. "Guwaaaaaaaa!!"

"Silly sister, did you honestly think that you could fight your older brother?" Monokuma scoffed.

"I don't want to be punched again! Being punched really hurts!"

"How about it? Prepared to give up yet?" Monokuma cackled.

W...what's going on...?

"Uuuu.....I want my Magical Stick back...."

"Upupupupu!! If you didn't leave that opening for the second time now...we wouldn't have gone through this..."

"Yo, what's with this puppet show, eh?" Boom asked.

"Don't ask me!" Clover said.

"This...doesn't seem good..." Paint says.

"How are you sketching at a time like this?!" Pure yelled at her.

"W...what the heck is going on...?" Swift asked.

"Uu...." Monomi wept.

"Her colouring is off now...totally weird." Aqua comments.

"Weird? But it's the same as mine...are you trying to hurt my feelings?" Monokuma looked down with a depressed sigh.

"They're multiplying!!" Laser screeched.

"Who's the black and white racoon anyway?" Smile asked.

"I'm not a racoon you overgrown mule! I'm a bear! And my name is Monokuma!"

"M-mule...?" Swift repeated, with a hurt expression.

"Someone please explain what's going on..." Toxic said.

"I'm Monokuma! Hope's Peak Academy headmaster!"

"Monokuma...?" Memory repeated.

"Did he say 'Headmaster'?" Quick asked.

"Yep..." Rip nodded.

"Enough rabbiting. It's time to bring our newest development to bear."

"M-my puns!" Smile said half-hearted.

"Your headmaster has an announcement for you! Our 'Field Trip of Mutual Killings' begins now!" Everyone froze.

Field Trip....of Mutual.....k-killings?

"Becoming friends is to boring of a goal to have! Where's the suspense? Where's the drama?! Nobody wants to play that kind of game! You guys agree, don't you? Therefore from this point on. This is now known as the 'Field Trip of Mutual Killings'! You guys being the participants of course!"

"M...mutual killings...?" Swift repeated.

"No!" Monomi yelled. "I can't let this happen again!" Monokuma charged at her again, this time though, he sent an upward kick to her jaw. "Ugaaaaaaaa!"

"Sorry, Monomi is a very dim child...she just doesn't understand, no matter how many time I tell her...but of course, a little sister that's smarter than an older brother only exists in comics and such..."

"U...uuuuuu...."

"Anyway, I should get back to explaining the rules of our field trip!"

"Why are you talking about? 'Mutual Killings'?" Clip asked.

"It's...self-explanatory...y'know, you go around and kill each other. I thought that was clear enough..."

"Killing each other, eh?" Toxic said. "KILLING EACH OTHER?!!!"

"W...why are you saying that? Who would actually do something like that?" Swift asked.

"But...leaving the island because you made a few new friends is really boring, don't you think? That's why I'm changing the rules! If you want to leave the island, please kill one of your friends!" He cackled again. "Then you must overcome the 'School Trial'!"

"School...Trial?" Bud repeated.

"Right! That's the best part of this 'Field Trip of Mutual Killings'! In case murder occurs between you guys. The survivors must participate in a school trial, this is a face-off between those that are innocent and a culprit. During this, you will try to deduce who the culprit is amongst you and then vote on who you think the culprit is...if you can figure it out and guess correctly, the culprit will be 'punished' and the rest of you can go on your merry way on this field trip. But! If you guess the wrong culprit...then the culprit will be allowed to leave, and the rest of you shall be 'punished' in their place! Those are the rules of the School Trial! So basically, if you kill someone and hide your guilt, you get to leave the island. If not, you'll be punished...Upupupu! Those are very easy to understand, right?"

"W-when you say...'punished'..." Toxic treads carefully. “Do you mean…”

"Oh right, I should have made that a little clearer. You get executed!"

"A....an execution?" Pure goes pale.

Monokuma's eye glowed. "The spectacular 'Punishment Time' following a school trial will be the high point of the field trip! Upupupu! I can't wait to see what punishments I'll get to use! We might have a humorous one as well, like skewering the culprit's head on a stick. I don't how you do it: Strangle, drowning, beating, burning, falling, slashing, poisoning, cooking, shooting, tickling, beheading, shredding, electrocution, cursing...use whatever way you want! This is an all-you-can-eat murder buffet with no time limit! A buffet of murders, an amusement park of killings...I should use those in the future...either way. That is how the 'Field Trip of Mutual Killings' works!"

Techno started to tremble. Before he knew it he had to seize his chest, there was a sharp pain pulsing through him with each heartbeat, like there were needles in his blood vessels.

"Don't....don't play around with us!" Smile yelled.

"Y-yeah! Nobody is gonna kill anyone!" Toxic said.

"It's not like I'm ordering you to kill anyone, it's just a suggestion...but remember...youth goes away in the blink of an eye! You'll regret waiting until you're in your forties before killing anyone!"

"Nope, I'm not gonna believe this, this is totally a dream. I must have just passed out from a race, right?" Quick kept talking, trying to convince himself.

"So, what if nobody kills? Does that mean that we never leave this island?" Memory asked.

"Who knows? Anyway, I hope we'll have a fair-and-square 'Field Trip of Mutual Killings' from now on!"

"W-wait!" Aqua yelled. "Why do we need to kill each other?!"

"Isn't it obvious? You guys have a reason to after all..."

"W-w-what...?" Techno barely got out.

"We've let you say all this crap without saying anything back ourselves...and now you're telling us there's a motive?!" Quick said.

"Why don't we just beat the shit out of this black and white furball?" Clover suggests.

"Yes, anyone who thinks about murder will be stopped by force." Paint twirls her pencil.

"Yeah! Even jockstrap over there won't accept this!" Laser said.

"What'd she say?" Quick asked.

"And we're back to square one..." Aqua sighed.

"Ah...so that's how it is...I guess it was inevitable...if you use violence against me! I will reply with my own!" Monokuma let out a sigh.

"Violence? Ah! No! That can't be!" Monomi panicked.

"O scions of the void between light and shadow, hear me! Fulfil thy ancient contract! Monobeasts! I bid thee arise!" There was a loud rumbling as the plating on the park statue began to crumble away. As the pieces fell off, real life figures appeared from beneath the plating showing all the animals that were on the statue display to surround Monokuma like a barrier.

What...what the hell....?

"I.....Impossible..." Bud says.

"The statues...they're moving...?" Toxic takes a few steps back.

"Oh, they aren't statues, they're my Monobeasts!"

"M-M-MONSTERS!!!" Laser cries.

"Use your ears! They're Monobeasts!" Monokuma corrected a second time.

My brother always told me that shock had the ability to render you speechless...he wasn't lying...how can these monsters just appear?

"T-this is all wrong! I need a boy to hold me!" Clip yelled.

"This...this is a nightmare, right?" Pure said.

"Are you seriously trying to explain this as a dream or illusion?" Monokuma asked annoyed. "You all just reject whatever falls out of the tiny frame of common sense! Seriously, ponies from my world had more open minds than you! Separating into genres is just another modern disease!"

"Everyone, please! Stand back!" Monomi told them. "I...I will protect you! Even if I die, I will protect you all!"

"Upupu...huh? What is it? Oh! This is that feeling you get before you throw up! Nausea! Sorry, I get it when Monomi tries to have a sense of justice. Fine! Have it your way, Monomi! I'll make you an example for my Monobeasts!"

Monokuma jumped onto the eagle beast and made a gesture to Monomi. On response, the beast's wing altered into a machinegun, firing bullets at Monomi, puncturing holes throughout her entire figure. There was one though, one stray bullet flew over Monomi, scraping Techno's cheek. A tree fell with a crash and Monomi's ribbon floated down onto the ground.

"A...ah...” Swift made some noises.

"Why?! This is only the prologue and already, Monomi died!" Laser yelled.

"Boom! Boom! Monobeasts are incredible, don't you think? Yeah...this feels good...such a nice sense of despair...I guess that's what happens when you make someone an example! Ahahahahaha!" Whilst Monokuma continued his insane laugh, everyone else had become as frozen as ice. They just stood there, dumbfounded. Powerless, like ants in the middle of a flood. "Well, now that you all understand....you can't oppose me...anyway, since this new field trip has started, I updated your ElectroIDs! You can find the 'Field Trip of Mutual Killings' rules in there now! Don't break those rules...this is like a dictatorship, break my rules....I break you...Now, then! Please enjoy your stay on this deadly tropical island!" And just like that. He disappeared, along with the Monobeasts.

Everyone had gone pale, even Paint had dropped her sketch.

"W...what's going on...?" Memory broke the silence.

"Hey...I can handle having opponents in my races but...what are we supposed to do against those ridiculously huge monsters?!" Quick yelled out.

"Why is this happening to us...? I don't get it..." Toxic said.

"Hmph...." Bright simply said. "Monokuma and the Monobeasts must be some moving machines, that's all...meaning someone is controlling them..."

"So someone is behind this?" Paint asked her. "Someone is really pulling the strings in all of this?"

"Who would do such a thing to us?!" Bud said. "Who?!"

"We can't focus on that...we need to focus on something much bigger...defending ourselves. Not from the Monobeasts, nor Monokuma. I'm talking about a far greater force...each other. Those standing amongst us...we're a group of strangers that have been asked to murder each other in hope of getting off this island...those that are too weak to handle it...will be dead in no time..." They all looked around at each other. Their expressions gave it away, they all agreed with Bright. 'Only a student that gets away with murder can leave'. So if one of them wanted to leave...they'd need to sacrifice another.

------------

This isn't...this isn't some regular day...no. This was much more, I learnt what the phrase 'Evil never rests' really meant and what the word 'despair' could mean...but that is only the beginning...the beginning of this 'Field Trip of Mutual Killings' on this island.[/I

Author's Note:

Hoooooooooooooooly crap! Just over 17,000 words later. The prologue to the Dangan RonPonya sequel is finished! Now, the obvious thing to not about this is, the length. I want to try a different writing style and try and break away from the plot holes that the first Dangan RonPonya had. I hope you all enjoy this new despair-inducing story and stick around to read...