• Published 2nd Jul 2014
  • 530 Views, 1 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 4 -- Fury Run - shysage



Returning from 'Equestria Past', Summer Rain and Shysage just need rest and time... But a nasty 'Fury Boil' pops, sending a steady stream of deadly Furies directly at Ponyville. The only victim may be the most painful of all...

  • ...
9
 1
 530

Chapter 2, Fury Run

Hi, it's me.. Summer...

I'm sorry... I have to do this... ...because Shysage can't...

He... He just cant... I'm so sorry... How could I...

I love him so much...


When we came home from raising Cel and Lu together, it was just... ...hard...

We thought at first they wouldn't remember... ...here... ...but they did...

It was very nice to not have to leave them again...

Still, I cried a lot...

They still love us... Even though they rule Equestria... We loved them so...

But those first days back were very hard... ...for Shysage and I...

We spent two years together, living... raising amazing girls...

Then came back...

We felt so pulled in many directions... So many limits...

It was hard...

I got my 'desires' back too, before we came back, and it just made everything harder... Here...

We were walking, early one morning, because we both wanted...


That's when we first saw... it...

Shysage said it looked like a big blister or something... It looked very ugly... ...pointed at Ponyville...

It was near my tree... Near Princess' Castle...

Shysage said it was just floating there, maybe 50 feet in the sky...

We went and got Princess Twilight up, finally, she saw it for five minutes maybe, then it went away when the sun started coming up...

The next night we went... again... Lu came too... I hugged her... I love our girls, they really are amazing.

Lu didn't know what it was either, but it looked bad...

Looked worse too, I don't know...

Princess said she would have Cel look the next night... Zecora too...

That day... Shysage and I, we just... held each other all day... That's it... Stayed together... Felt a little better though...

I love him so much...


That third morning, early, Zecora was there, and Cel too...

And that music in the background was very loud, I don't know...

We had to wait until the 'blister' thing was showing, it was very early... A long wait...

When Zecora saw it, she got very upset, very fast... She stopped trying to rhyme even...

Zecora said it was a 'Fury Boil'... Furies came out when it popped...

These furies didn't have much of a body, but could easily get inside a pony... They would eat the pony, from the inside out, until the pony died... Then they would find another pony...

Once a fury was inside, had to kill the pony in order to kill the fury... Was very bad...

Zecora was very scared...

Zecora always called me Phantom Alicorn, never Summer any more, I don't know why...


Fury Boil popped right away... ...that morning...

Zecora Screamed... Loud... "Phantom Alicorn, get ready, they come" she yelled...

Soon as Mark spun, first one came... Easily batted to dead, but...

Told Shysage could only see when maybe 50 feet away, maybe a second to kill... ...and not always exactly same direction... ...each one very difficult...

Next one quickly... Another... Another...

Maybe three or four a minute...

Princess Twilight said for Shysage to go get Equestria Girls...

He had to leave... me... there...

He said he would ask true friend to help me... I needed that...

...

Zecora yelled, if one gets me ill die, and Equestria would be over-run with furies... Many ponies would have to die... Me too...

...

I was so scared...

...

I just kept hitting...

...

I couldn't miss any...

...

...Nopony to help...

...

I couldn't look away or would die...

...

I just kept hitting...

...

It felt like such a long time... Arm was getting sore...

Was only 20 minutes... Wanted to cry, but had to... ..focus...

...

Shining Armor came... Carefully put shield around... So I wouldn't die... I was so glad... He was scared, but worked ok...

I started not quite killing some... I was already tired... Cel and Lu... ...killed those with magic... I needed them helping...

...

I just kept hitting...

...

I was so tired...

...

I wanted to quit, so many furies... ...still coming...

...

Time... just stopped...

...

I kept hitting furies...

...

Shysage and I hurting even before this... Was so hard...


I started messing up more... I was very tired...

...

...

...

Over an hour later... Equestria Girls there... Finally...

...

Shysage was back, couldn't do anything... ...I had to focus... ...Furies still coming...

...

My Twin walked carefully behind me, and touched my back... She helped me watch, was easier... I love my Twin, she really helped... I was missing less... Still, very hard though...

...

Princess and Twins tried the group link, but it didn't work...

Something was wrong between someponies in group...

Princess was crying, this was very hard... ...She pleaded "Girls, Summer needs us..."

Maybe 15 minutes more...

...

...

...

I just kept killing furies...

...

...

...

Pinkie and Applejack... Hugged... Group Link finally active...

Princess told her Twin, Twilight, both would cast backwards Wind spell then Fire...

Finally, 12 Elements of Harmony, magical pipe up to boil... The magic pipe just sucked the rest up I think... ...burned them up...


...

...

...

Furies stopped...

...

...

...

I fell... to the ground... Twin backed away, scared...

...

...

...

I was a Pony quickly... I just lay there... Couldn't even cry...

...

...

...

I was so empty... crazy maybe... was so hard...

...

...

...

Princess had Raritys help, and they sewed the boil shut through the magic pipe...

...it just disappeared... ...was gone...

...

...

...

I just wanted rest...

I just wanted Shysage near me...