• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 683 Views, 2 Comments

Seasonal Love - GodOfBBQ



A pony finds love while doing his least favorite job in the winter wrap up season

  • ...
2
 2
 683

Chapter #1 The Job

It's early in the morning, Celestia has barley risen the sun. Techie Hoof is sleeping in his bed in his small log home near the everfree forest in Ponyville, suddenly he hears semi loud knocking on his door he slowly rises from his bed and yells "Who is it!?" No answer he then gets up to go answer the door. When he sees the two colors of purple and orange he automatically knows who it is. He opens the door to see Applejack and Twilight Sparkle outside.

"Hi Techie!" said Twilight, "are you ready for winter wrap up?" She asked.

Techie then says "Oh thats today? Geez winters here and gone already? He says as he wipes his eyes with his hoof.

"Yep" said Applejack as she handed him his vest and satchel.

"Whats all this?" Techie asked.

Twilight then explained, "It's you'r vest, you will be part of the planting crew, specifically you will be planting seeds for different plants such as flowers and bushes."

"Ughhhhhhh! Do I have to?" Asked Techie,

"Ya have to" Applejack replied and continued, "the job will get done much faster if another hoof is involved, plus you can be a real help most of our workers are sick of a nasty cold ya hear? And we need as many workers as we can get."

As she finished explaining everything to Techie he then said "Fine i'll help, got nothin better to do anyways" as he looks around his dimly lit home.

With that Techie got his gear on and headed out to the fields to do his job, when he got there he quickly got to work. After only fifteen minutes he shouted to Applejack

"Hey Aj! Do I have to keep doing this? I mean this is just lame and a waste of time!"

Aj then replied "When you're starvin to death and you got nothin to eat heh you'll be thinkin otherwise." Techie mocked what she said by mouthing what she said in a sarcastic way. When he got back to work he then looks up to see a beautiful mare with light brown hide and fur and light orange mane, a little scruffy but enchanting, she was only a few steps away from Techie so she wasn't that far off. Teky then looked towards Applejack and asked

"Hey, who's that filly over there?" Aj then replied

"Oh her? I don't really know she just arrived last night I think her name is Ninroot." Techie then looked toward the mare than said to himself

"Ninroot huh" Techie decided to walk up to the filly known as Ninroot as he was walking over towards her their eyes met but then he heard a slight cracking under his hoof he looked down and saw a half dead shrub Ninroot saw this and ran towards Techie but bumped into him making him fall flat on his flank, Techie then said "Geez lady you don't need to be pushy it's just a dead shrub!" Ninroot quickly looks at Techie with a scowl on her face and said "You obviously don't know what kind of plant this is!"

Techie then said "Yeah I do, it's a plant called a shrub!"

Ninroot then said"Its not just a shrub it's a Persoonia pauciflora a very rare and endangered shrub!"

Teky starts to snicker to himself and says "A Persoonia pauciflora or what normal ponies call," he leans in on her, "A shrub" Ninroot storms off to what she was doing and Techie does the same, after a while Techie thought about apologizing to her and he then thought to himself "Yeah I should say sorry to her." He then stops what he was doing and trots towards her, she looks up and does what

Techie was about to do, she apologizes. "Look I- I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you." She said Teky interrupted her saying

"No no it's fine I should have been watching where I was... walking." They both blush and rub the backs of their heads while chuckling, Techie broke the awkwardness by asking "I hear you just came to town is that true?"

Ninroot then says"Yeah I just moved out of Canterlot and decided to live in the small town areas, more room to grow my herbs and plants than in the capital."

Techie asks trying not to sound like a creep, "So do you have a place to stay?"

Ninroot than replies "Well yes and no I had enough bits to stay at the inn but I didn't bring enough money to stay until my plant business started so I used the money I had to stay only one night at the inn which was last night so I guess you can call me homeless!" She joked.

Techie then says,"well you can stay at my place if you want I have a spare bedroom and everything, if you want of course."

"Oh I don't want to be a bother" said Ninroot.

Techie then replied, "Oh its no big deal, really I got enough food and space for a whole family reunion!"

Ninroot then said "Well okay, but only until my plant business gets started, I don't want to be a burden."

"Oh it's my pleasure" replied Techie. After that they get back to planting seeds and finishing their work, finally when their work was over Techie led Ninroot to his log cabin near the woods.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hopefully you guys like my very first story, anyways let me know what you think and if this story gets enough likes I might just make a small series with Techie and Ninroot.