• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 608 Views, 32 Comments

Friendship is Romance?! - Dragon_Sayer



Twilight finds herself in another world. Everyone in that world is the same as her own but now their sexes have switched! Twilight has to find her way out of this world and back into her own, but does she still want to go back to her world?

  • ...
3
 32
 608

Chapter 3

Twilight woke up the next day. It was late in the morning from what she could tell. It took her a moment or two to remember where she was and what had happened last night. She got out of the bed and pulled back the curtain. She saw the Zecora was cooking something for them to eat.

“Good morning Twilight Sparkle.” Zecora said.

“Good morning to you, too.” Twilight answered back. She noticed that Zecora was slipping back into her usually speaking patterns, but it would still be a while until it fully came back. “Sooo, umm, any news from those letters that you sent?” Twilight nervously asked.

“The princesses said that it would be best if they met you first before your friends of this world do.” The zebra said with a bit of a chuckle.

“Okay, but is it really okay for me to go there looking like this? Ponies might be confused if they see me since I probably look a lot like my conpart.” Twilight pointed out.

“Do not worry. You will wear this.” Zecora said while holding up a dark gray robe. “Now, must quickly eat. The princess has sent us a carriage to get there. We only have an hour and a half to get there.”

The zebra and the purple unicorn quickly ate their breakfast. Twilight put the robe on, and galloped after Zecora who was already out the door.

***

They made it just in time to see their ride fly into view. After a bit of conversation between Zecora and one of the guards, they walked into the carriage and they guards took off towards Canterlot.

Twilight and Zecora caught their breath after a while. ‘From my calculations we should arrive in Canterlot sometime in the evening.’ Twilight thought.Then, something occurred to Twilight, she never asked that question yet. In hindsight, she should have asked that last night. ‘Oh well,’ Twilight sighed, ‘I might as well ask her now.’

“Hey, Zecora.” Twilight whispered.

“Yes? What is it?” Zecora asked under her breath.

“How do you know about other worlds, like mine?” The unicorn asked.

“My people have always believed there are things beyond this world,

And things that are beyond our grasp, too.”

“So, does that mean you know how to send me back home?”

“No, like I said last night only time will tell. But I will look at some old books in the royal library and look at some that my people have written. If I can not find anything I might ask some of my people for help. Plus, I’m sure the princesses will help with this as well. So do not worry, too much.”

“Okay, and thank you Zecora. You have helped me since I got here even though we don’t actually know each other.”

“Think nothing of it. I know you would have done the same for me.” Zecora said with a smile.

Twilight smiled back at her new friend. She was thankful that Zecora found her before anyone else, but she was still worried. Though the zebra’s words had calmed her down a bit about how to get back home, she was still nervous about meeting this world’s princesses. ‘Well, at least they are still mares like they are in my world.’ Twilight thought.

***

The rest of the ride consisted of Zecora telling Twilight what would happen when they got to Canterlot and not much else. When they landed, they were in the royal garden. Just like Zecora said, the guards then escorted them to Celestia’s personal chambers. The guard said that the princesses will be here soon, said good-bye, and left.

Twilight looked around the room, it was more or less the same since she last saw it. There was only one thing that caught her eye. She walked over to it and looked at it. In the picture was Celestia with a young colt who, other than a couple of differences looked a lot like Twilight, standing beside her. She realized that this was the picture was one that she took with Celestia a long time ago, not too long after she was accepted in the school.

“Hey Zecora, would this be my counterpart?” Twilight asked.

The zebra walked to where Twilight was, and said, “Yes, that is your other self, Dusk Shine.”

“I guess it wouldn’t be too hard to confuse us in the dark, would it?”

“No, it would not.” Zecora said with a chuckle.

“I don’t want to sound, too impatient, but… How long will it be before the princesses get here?” Twilight inquired.

Before Zecora could answer, there was the sound of hooves outside, and the door opened.

Author's Note:

Sorry for this taking so long to write. I will try to upload future chapters faster.