• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 608 Views, 32 Comments

Friendship is Romance?! - Dragon_Sayer



Twilight finds herself in another world. Everyone in that world is the same as her own but now their sexes have switched! Twilight has to find her way out of this world and back into her own, but does she still want to go back to her world?

  • ...
3
 32
 608

Chapter 2

Zecora took a sip of the tea, cleared her throat, and took another sip. Twilight knew from experience that this meant Zecora would stop talking in her riddles and rhymes.* That made Twilight very uneasy, since the zebra only did this when there was a lot to say, explain, and answer. Zecora put down her cup and looked straight at the purple unicorn.

“I should explain one thing first,” Zecora began, ”I am not the Zecora you know. I am another Zecora from a different world which we both currently are in.”

“But how is that possible?” Twilight questioned. The zebra only held her hoof up to signal that she would get to that part soon.

“If you remember, you were casting a spell and something went wrong with it. The reason why the spell teleported you here was because your counterpart here did the same spell at the exact same time. This caused both of your spells to collide with one another sending each of you to the other’s world.” Zecora explained.

This made sense in a way. The Elements have mysterious powers so, it was definitely a possibility that they could have sent her to this world. But there was something still bugging Twilight. “How come this hasn’t happened before?”

“Well,” Zecora started, “that’s because most of the time the worlds aren’t in sync. They are usually a couple seconds ahead or behind one another, but for some unknown reason they were both in sync during that short amount of time.”

“So, is there any way for me to go back home?” Twilight inquired.

“That even I do not know. Only time will tell. Since, you are going to be staying here for some time I should explain some of the changes in this world from your own. Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, Spike, all of the foes that you have faced, and myself have not changed for the most part, but there is one huge change that has occurred.”

“What would that be?” Twilight asked. She was concerned that her friends were not mentioned in the list of names.

“Everyone else’s genders have been switched, other than the ponies that I named before.” The zebra said.

Twilight was shocked and she was starting to hyperventilate. Her mind was racing to absorb this piece of vital information. Zecora put her hooves on top of Twilight’s to help her calm down. After a while, Twilight calmed down and regulated her breathing. The zebra looked into the unicorn’s eyes to see if she was ready for the zebra to continue. Twilight looked back at Zecora and nodded at her to keep going. Zecora gave the unicorn a small, short smile before continuing.

“You probably are wondering about your friends. They are more or less the same as the ones that you knew from your world, but most of them have different names. Rainbow Dash is Rainbow Blitz, Applejack is still the same, Pinkie Pie is Bubble Berry, Fluttershy is Butterscotch, and Rarity is Elusive. You should be able to get along with them as easily as you do with your friends from your world.” Zecora explained.

“Okay, that sounds simple enough for me… Wait a minute, you want me to actually meet them? Why?” Twilight didn’t really mind meeting them but she thought it would be better for them not to meet.

“Like I said before we do not know how long you are going to be here for. It would be best to make, or should I say remake, some friends here just in case something would happen.”

Zecora does have a good point there. If something like Discord would happen again, then she should still be able to use the Elements with her friends’ counterparts.” Twilight thought. “Okay, if you think it a good idea then I will meet with them.” Twilight agreed.

“Good then I shall send a letter to the Princesses and Spike about what has happened.” The zebra said while giving the purple unicorn a small smile. “But let us both retire for the night. I’ll show you where you can sleep for tonight.”

Zecora got up and motioned for Twilight to follow her. Twilight got up and followed her. Zecora stop in front of a curtain and pull it back. Behind the curtain was a bed, that looked more like a lot of pillows put together to form a bed, and a couple blankets. Twilight half walked, half crawled onto the bed, which was surprisingly warm and comfortable. Twilight snuggled into the bed and levitated a blanket onto herself.

“Sorry, I don’t want to impose on you.” Apologized Twilight.

“It is fine, if it’s you. You can impose anytime.” Zecora said while slipping back into her usual language.

“Thank you and good night Zecora.” Twilight yawned, already falling asleep.

“Good night to you, too, Twilight Sparkle.” Zecora smiled and closed the curtains.

Tomorrow is going to be really interesting. I hope my friends and my counterpart are okay.” Twilight thought before finally falling into a deep sleep.

Author's Note:

*Plus, it would take forever and I don't want to die while only writing the second chapter.

Hope you like this chapter. I might go and revise Zecora's lines in the future or have someone else do it (props for the people that can turn the explanation into the way Zecora speaks).