• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 5,730 Views, 60 Comments

Big Macintosh's Day Off - SuperPinkBrony12



A shipping fic between Big Macintosh and Pinkie Pie, you know you'll love it.

  • ...
11
 60
 5,730

Big Macintosh's Day Off Part 3

"So are we all clear on the plan then?" Twilight asked, now that Pinkie Pie had confessed to her friends about her crush on Big Macintosh they had all decided to set Big Macintosh up on a date with Pinkie Pie and hopefully Pinkie Pie would confess to him as well. Of course they weren't sure if Big Macintosh would feel the same way about Pinkie Pie but they knew better than to say it out loud, all they could do was plan and hope for the best.

"I'm pretty sure we all are sugarcube." Applejack said "But just in case we aren't why don't you run through it one more time?"

"O.k. then." Twilight said "Now pay attention. The plan is as follows, Applejack you will go home and tell Big Macintosh that his birthday surprise is waiting for him at Sugarcube Corner."

"Right." Applejack said "Then I come back here and notify all of you. That's where you in come Rainbow Dash. You'll be flying me to Sugarcube Corner so we can get there before my brother does. So please don't take too long and make sure that he doesn't see us!"

"Don't worry about it Applejack." Rainbow Dash said with a grin "I ain't the fastest flyer in Cloudsdale for nothing!"

"Good." Twilight said "Rarity you will be making sure that Pinkie Pie as well as Sugarcube Corner look absolutely spotless by the time Big Macintosh gets here. But remember this is only a first date so no fancy dresses got it?!"

"Yes ma'am." Rarity replied "It's a good thing I brought my emergency make up kit."

"Rarity I said no fancy dresses." Twilight said.

"Who said anything about dresses Twilight?" Rarity replied "I'm only going to use a little bit of make up on Pinkie Pie nothing more. And as for Sugarcube Corner I've already brought enough decorations to make this place look absolutely gorgeous."

"Well that's good." Twilight said "Fluttershy you'll be prepairing the food for the date."

"You can count on me Twilight." Fluttershy said "And thank you Applejack for telling me Big Macintosh's favorite foods."

"You're welcome Fluttershy." Applejack said "If ya ever need any help just ask me."

"I'll keep that in mind." Fluttershy said.

"And as for me." Twilight said "With my knowledge from reading books I know how to create the perfect romantic setting."

"Um Twilight are you sure this will work?" Pinkie Pie asked. She was trying her best not to be nervous but so far she wasn't doing a good job.

"Well I'm 99% sure that this plan will work." Twilight said.

"And what about that other 1%?" Pinkie Pie asked nervously.

"Well in that case Pinkie Pie this plan would be a failure. But I don't think that will happen, like I said I'm 99% sure this will work." Twilight said.

'Well I guess since you're 99% sure I've got nothing to worry about." Pinkie Pie said. She was about to say that she was still nervous but before she got the chance Twilight spoke up again.

"Alright everypony, you have your assignment and you know what you need to do. Let's make sure that Pinkie Pie and Big Macintosh have the perfect date." Twilight said "Now let's get to work." And with that the plan was set in motion.

. . . . . .

Applejack raced over to Sweet Apple Acres making sure that Rainbow Dash was right behind her but wouldn't be spotted by Big Macintosh, because if he did he would surely suspect something.

Big Macintosh had just finished his chores for the day when he heard his sister Applejack calling out to him. "It must have something to do with the fact that it's ma birthday today." he thought to himself as he made his way over to the edge of Sweet Apple Acres where Applejack was waiting for him. "What's up sis?" he asked.

"Well ya'll know today is your birthday right?" Applejack asked.

"Eeyup." Big Macintosh replied.

"Well guess what, I've got a special present for you." Applejack said trying her best to keep a straight face.

"What is it?!" Big Macintosh asked growing more excited by the minute.

"I'h can't tell you, it's a surprise." Applejack said.

Big Macintosh looked around but he didn't see a present anywhere. "Well where is it?" he asked.

"It's at Sugarcube Corner." Applejack said.

"Oh o.k. then." Big Macintosh said and he set off. He stopped after only a few steps when he noticed Applejack wasn't following him.

"Well aren't you gonna come with me?" he asked.

"I'd like to come with ya but I'h can't. I just remembered that I have somewhere else to be right now." Applejack replied "Ya'll go on ahead and enjoy yourself, ya can tell me all about tomorrow."

"Well alright then, see ya tomorrow Applejack." Big Macintosh said as he once again set off for Sugarcube Corner.

Applejack waited until Big Macintosh was out of sight then she whistled for Rainbow Dash.

"So has he taken the bait?" Rainbow Dash asked Applejack. She hadn't overheard the conversation because she had been hiding on a cloud a short distance away.

"Eeyup." Applejack said "Think you can get there before he does?"

"Are you kidding?!" Rainbow Dash "We'll make it back to Sugarcube Corner in plenty of time!"

"Well we'd better not waste any time, so let's get going." Applejack said. She immediately lassoed a cloud which Rainbow Dash had brought over. Twilight had made sure to cast the cloud walking spell on Applejack before she left Sugarcube Corner. Then she had told Rainbow Dash to bring a cloud with her to Sweet Apple Acres for her to hitch a ride on. Applejack climbed onto the cloud and threw the lasso around Rainbow Dash so that when the pegasus pony took off the cloud would as well. "Ready when you are Rainbow Dash!" Applejack said.

"Well you'd better hold on tight Applejack!" Rainbow Dash said "I'm gonna be going really fast and I wouldn't want you to fall off!"

"I'll be fine Rainbow Dash." Applejack said "Now get going!"

"O.k. then." Rainbow Dash and with that she was off. With the extra weight of the cloud and Applejack weighing her down it took a little while for Rainbow Dash to build up enough speed to leave the ground but once she did it was smooth sailing. Applejack let out a loud "Yeehaw!" as she and Rainbow Dash took off into the blue sky and raced back to Sugarcube Corner.

What they didn't know was that at that precise moment three fillies, an earth pony with a green coat, red mane, and a red bow, a pegasus with an orange coat and a purple mane, and a unicorn with a white coat and a light purple mane had been watching them. The fillies were Apple Bloom who was Applejack's younger sister, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle who was Rarity's younger sister. They didn't have their cutie marks yet which was why they had formed their own secret society known as "The Cutie Mark Crusaders". They tried all sorts of different things in the hopes of earning their cutie marks. Naturally this meant that they got into trouble quite often but that never seemed to stop them.

"Hey wasn't that your sister who took off with Rainbow Dash just now?" Scootaloo asked.

"I'm pretty sure it was." Apple Bloom replied.

"What do you suppose they were doing?" Sweeite Belle asked.

"I'h thought I'h heard them say something about Sugarcube Corner." Apple Bloom said.

"Wasn't your brother going there too?" Scootalo asked.

"Yes he was." Apple Bloom replied "Applejack told him that's where his birthday surprise was waiting for him."

"But if Applejack was going to Sugarcube Corner too why wouldn't she have told Big Macintosh?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I'h don't know." Apple Bloom said.

"Well neither do I but we're going to find out." Scootaloo said with a sudden burst of enthusiasm.

"But how will finding out what ma sister and Rainbow Dash are up to help us earn our cuite marks?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Well maybe we'll get our cutie marks in investigation or something." Sweeite Belle said although she didn't sound very sure of it.

"Exactly!" Scootaloo said as she jumped onto her scooter "So what are we waiting for, let's get out there and find out whatever it is that Applejack is trying to hide!"

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS INVESTIGATORS YAY!" the three fillies shouted as they sped away.

. . . . . .

Back at Sugarcube Corner Fluttershy was still busy cooking the food, while Twilight continued to work her magic to create a romantic setting.

Rarity had finished putting up the decorations and was now working on making Pinkie Pie look good. Or at least she was trying to. "Pinkie Pie please hold still darling." Rarity said "If you keep moving around you'll smear the make up."

"I'm sorry Rarity." Pinkie Pie "But I'm just so nervous, this is my first date and I don't even know if the stallion I'm dating even likes me or not."

"Pinkie Pie how could anypony not like you?" Rarity asked.

"I don't mean that kind of 'like'." Pinkie Pie replied.

"Oh I see." Rarity said, she could tell that Pinkie Pie was becoming a nervous wreck, and as she herself believed that only made things worse. Obviously if the date was to succeed she would have to provide some moral support. "Let me ask you something Pinkie Pie and I want you to be honest with me." Rarity said "What is it that you 'like' most about Big Macintosh." Rarity was pretty sure that she already knew the answer but she wanted Pinkie Pie to confirm it.

"Well I guess it's his kind and gentle nature, in a way he's kind of like Fluttershy. But I know he's not as willing to hold back his anger and that he actually doesn't have to be angry to say more than a few words." Pinkie Pie said "I guess it just sorts of attracts me."

"I thought you would say that darling." Rarity said "And of course that just proves that he is probably right for you because you're kind and gentle as well. Even if at times you can be kind of 'random'."

"You really think so?" Pinkie Pie asked, she was starting to feel just a little bit less nervous.

"Think so? I know so darling." Rarity said. "Now please hold still so I can apply the make up."

"He's coming!" Applejack said bursting through the front door of Sugarcube Corner.

"And he's comming fast! We just barely beat him here!" Rainbow Dash said, needless to say she was exhausted.

"Well I'm just about done." Twilight said. "Fluttershy is the food ready yet?"

"Almost." Fluttershy said "Another minute or two and I should be finished."

"That's good." Twilight said "Rarity is Pinkie Pie ready?"

"She's as ready as she'll ever be Twilight." Rarity said.

"Well good because it I can see coming now, he'll be here any minute." Applejack said.

"Quick, hide!" Twilight shouted "Pinkie Pie it's all up to you now."

"O.k. wish me luck." Pinkie Pie said as she made her way over to a candle lit table. Everypony else retreated into the kitchen.

. . . . . .

The instant Big Macintosh walked in he could tell something was different about Sugarcube Corner. The entire place looked as if though it had just been cleaned, the tile floor shined like glass, the walls had ribbons hung up around them, the lights were dimmed, and there sitting at a table illuminated by candlelight was a familar pink mare. "What was her name again?" Big Macintosh thought to himself, then he remembered "Oh right her name was Pinkie Pie. She must be here to give me my birthday surprise."

By this point Pinkie Pie was more nervous than ever before "Come on Pinkie Pie." she thought to herself "Don't be nervous, just try to imagine Big Macintosh without that shoulder harness around his neck." She did so but where one might think that would make her less nervous it only made her more nervous "Oh no he's hot!" she thought to herself though thankly not out loud.

"Well I'm here for ma birthday surprise'." Big Macintosh said.

"Oh right your birthday surprise." Pinkie Pie said "Well this it, a candelight dinner with yours truly."

"That sounds nice." Big Macintosh said as he noticed the food on the table "And I'h see ya have all ma favorites. Also I'h like what you've done with the place. Did you do all of this yourself?"

"Well actually no." Pinkie Pie said.

"I'h didn't think so but I'h like the fact that you're honest with me, that's something I've always wanted in a mare." Big Macintosh said "Most mares in your situation would've lied and tried to take credit for everything."

"Well I don't think Cheerilee would've lied." Pinkie Pie said, in her mind she was kicking herself for that statement.

"Yeah well you're right about her being honest, and I'h should know cause I'h dated for a little while. But she just wasn't my type." Big Macintosh said "But I'm glad that she took our break up very well and that we can still be friends."

"Yeah that's good news." Pinkie Pie said with a nervous laugh.

"Well I'h say we've talked enough for right now and these plates ain't gonna clean themselves, so let's eat." Big Macintosh said. Pinkie Pie agreed and the two started eating the delicious meals that had been prepared.

. . . . . .

The two ponies were so absorbed with eating that they didn't notice nor did anypony else notice three certain fillies sneaking in through the front door.

"See I told you Applejack was keeping something from Big Macintosh!" Scootaloo said and miraculously no one heard her.

"Keep it down Scootaloo." Apple Bloom said in a softer tone of voice.

"Yeah or else THEY'LL hear us." Sweeite Belle said pointing a hoof towards Pinkie Pie and Big Macintosh.

"Oh oops." Scootaloo said.

"Hey wait why is ma brother all alone with Pinkie Pie?" Apple Bloom asked "I thought Applejack said his 'birthday surprise' was waiting here for him.

"Maybe it's like when we paired Big Macintosh up with Miss. Cheerilee on Hearts and Hooves Day." Sweeite Belle said.

"But that was different." Scootaloo said "That was when we gave them the love poision and they got all lovey dovey and stuff."

"Yeah and Pinkie Pie and Big Mac aren't talking nonsense or calling each other names." Apple Bloom said.

"Well maybe Pinkie Pie IS the birthday surprise." Sweetie Belle said.

"Why would ya think that?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Well I'm not really sure but according to those books my sister reads sometimes when ponies are in love they do crazy things." Sweeite Belle replied.

"Does your sister know you've been reading them as well?" Scootaoo asked "Cause couldn't you like get into trouble or something."

"Don't worry I'm sure my sister doesn't know I've been reading them, and besides Pinkie Pie has been reading them too for the past few months." Sweeite Belle said.

"Wow those books must be really good if Pinkie Pie is reading them." Apple Bloom said "I wonder if Applejack has any books like that laying around the house."

"Hey look I think they've been looking at each other a lot." Sweeite Belle said. "They must be up to something."

"What sort of something?" Apple Bloom and Scootaloo asked.

"I don't know." Sweeite Belle "And with you two talking I can't hear a word they're saying."

. . . . . .

So far the date was going off without a hitch. Despite being incredibly nervous Pinkie Pie had managed to actually talk to Big Macintosh and he hadn't seemed to notice how nervous she was.

As the two were finishing dessert, which was Big Macintosh's birthday cake (the only dish Pinkie Pie had actually made) Pinkie Pie suddenly let out a big blech. Needless to say she was embarrassed. "Oops, sorry about that Big Macintosh." she said apologetically "That was a pretty big one."

"Aw shucks that nothin." Big Macintosh replied "I'h could make a much bigger blech myself, here I'll show you." And with that he took a big sip of his drink, he waited for a second and then he let out a blech that seemed to be at least twice as big as Pinkie Pie's.

This started a chain reaction of sorts as the two ponies became involved in a burp off trying to see who could make the biggest blech, in the end Big Macintosh shocked Pinkie Pie by unleashing a blech so powerful it almost knocked the ribbons on the nearby wall down. Once that was over the two ponies dissolved into a fit of laughs that seemed to go on forever.

"Well that was fun." Big Macintosh said "This has to be the best birthday I've had in years. Thank ya Pinkie Pie for a wondeful evening."

"Wait Big Macintosh!" Pinkie Pie called out as the farm pony turned to leave.

"Yes Pinkie Pie?" Big Macintosh asked.

"It's now or never." Pinkie Pie thought to herself. "Can I ask you something?" she said.

"Of course Pinkie Pie, ya'll can ask me anything." Big Macintosh said.

"Do you l-l, DO YOU LOVE ME?!" Pinkie Pie said, then she gasped "Wait I-I meant" but the rest of her sentence was cut off by Big Macintosh.

"Of course I'h love ya Pinkie Pie, but not because of how you're acting now. I'h can understand it's our first date and you're nervous but the Pinkie Pie I'h know and love is always cheerful, always upbeat, and always spreading joy to others through her many parties." he said.

"You really love me?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Eeyup." Big Macintosh replied "But when we have our next date, I'h want you to promise, actually scratch that I'h want you to Pinkie Promise that you'll be your usual self. Can ya do that?"

"Of course I can." Pinkie Pie said. "I Pinkie Promise that I will be my usual self on my next date. Cross my heart and hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye."

"Well good now I'h know I'h can trust ya." Big Macintosh said "Because unless I'm mistaken a Pinkie Promise is never broken." and with that he left though not without giving Pinkie Pie a kiss first.

. . . . . .

"Ew!" Scootaloo said when she saw Pinkie Pie and Big Macintosh kiss.

"Scootaloo pipe down or they'll hear us!" Apple Bloom said.

"Um somepony already HAS heard us." Sweetie Belle said.

"Who?!" Scootaloo and Apple Bloom said.

"Me!" said a voice that belonged to an orange earth pony with a stenson hat.

"And me!" said a voice that belonged to a rainbow colored mare.

"And me!" said a voice that belonged to a white unicorn.

"Would ya'll mind telling us why you were snopping around here?!" Applejack said shooting each of the Cutie Mark Crusaders a death glare.

"But we weren't snopping, we were eavesdropping." Sweetie Belle said.

"Fine, then why were you eavesdropping?!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Well we overheard Applejack mentioning to Big Macintosh something about his birthday surprise being at Sugarcuber Corner." Apple Bloom said "And then when we saw you and Applejack heading back to Sugarcube Corner as well, we decided that we would investigate to find out what you were hiding and maybe earn our cuite marks."

"Well I can understand that you were curious and you wanted to see if you could earn your cutie marks." Rarity said "But eavesdropping on anypony's conversation is just plain rude. And Sweetie Belle those books are not something that a filly like you is suppose to be reading, so what do you have to say for yourselves?"

"We're sorry." the Cutie Mark Crusaders said all at once.

"For?!" Applejack said.

"For spying on you guys." the Cutie Mark Crusaders, once again all at once.

"And?!" Rainbow Dash said.

"And for eavesdropping." the Cutie Mark Crusaders said.

"And what else Sweetie Belle?!" Rarity asked, her patience having been worn thin by the events of the evening.

"And for reading those books that I wasn't suppose to read." Sweeite Belle said.

. . . . . .

"Thank you all so much for your help girls." Pinkie Pie said. "None of this would have been possible without you."

"It's no problem Pinkie Pie." Twilight said.

"Yeah it's no problem at all." Rainbow Dash chimed in.

"And um congraulations on getiing a colt-friend Pinkie." Fluttershy said.

"Yes darling congraulations." Rarity said "And I must admit I never would have guessed you'd be the first one of us to find true love."

"I'm just glad that my brother has finally found a mare he likes." Applejack said "Maybe once word gets out that Big Mac isn't single anymore they'll stop coming by Sweet Apple Acres and asking him to go out on dates with them."

"Ah thank you all." Pinkie Pie said "You're the best friends anypony could ask for."

"But what about your next date Pinkie Pie?" Twilight asked "When are you going to plan that?"

"Oh don't worry about it." Pinkie Pie said "I've picked the perfect location."

"Where?!" her friends all asked.

"That's my little secret." Pinkie Pie said blushing bright red.

The End

Comments ( 26 )

Well here it is, for your viewing pleasure I present to you "Big Macintosh's Day Off Part 3" :pinkiehappy:

Thank you all for sending in your ideas even if I didn't get as many as I would have liked, I hope this was worth the wait. :eeyup:

Lastly see if you can spot the reference I slipped into this part, I hinted at in my one of my earlier blogs. :trixieshiftright:

1448929 Will fix that, thanks for pointing it out. :twilightoops:

I loved this fic.

The end was a little too....well...sudden.
But I really enjoyed it.

1756666 Did you spot the reference? :trixieshiftright:

1756953

Reference? What reference?

1756970 Never mind I thought I made it obvious. :facehoof:

Quick little note here, for all of you who saw "Sleepless in Ponyvillie" you will know that Scootaloo lost her scooter in that episode. :fluttershysad:

Since she has it in this fanfic just in case you might be wondering this fic takes place BEFORE the events of that episode. :trixieshiftleft:

The scooter itself is not enough to warrant an alternative universe tag. :eeyup:

Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted May 6th, 2015
Comment posted by alexanderhunt88 deleted May 6th, 2015
Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted May 6th, 2015
Comment posted by alexanderhunt88 deleted May 6th, 2015
Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted May 6th, 2015
Comment posted by alexanderhunt88 deleted May 6th, 2015
Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted May 6th, 2015
Comment posted by alexanderhunt88 deleted May 6th, 2015

Cons: Punctuation problems, few minor spelling errors, you caught a case of the "lavender unicorn syndrome" for a second, couple of run on sentences
Pros: Made me feel as if I was watching an episode in my head, which means I can visualize your story; Character personalities were pretty good (although rainbow dash's seemed more harsh than usual to me. Could be somewhat biased), settings were described well, story structures nice, very adorable story!
Off to "Like Cousins" :twilightsmile:

Well, it looks like PinkieMac just got a shot in the arm thanks to "Pinkie Apple Pie". I suppose I called it with this. Even the writers think PinkieMac could work. And no, this ship is not incest. Pinkie Pie isn't related by blood.

4061268 I never knew such a story existed when I wrote this. I swear it.

I loved it :pinkiesmile::heart::eeyup:

5245905 Glad you did. PinkieMac use to be rather popular but ever since Season 4 it's kind of dropped off. Most likely due to CheesePie and "Pinkie Apple Pie" making Pinkie Pie and Big Macintosh cousins.

5246021 I shall read the other romance soon,I'd say in about a mouth or longer I'll be able to write my own Romance.

WHERE IS DA SQUEAL!?!?!?!? :pinkiehappy: :heart: :eeyup:

5701932 There's not gonna be a sequel.

5702036
Dang it! Oh well, great story though!!!

Login or register to comment