• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 299 Views, 7 Comments

Edge of Equestria - Pip Sparrow



Follow the adventures of Frontier Wing as he relives the same day over and over until he stops the threat that has taken over Equestria.

  • ...
 7
 299

Intro (Day 1)

Bio of Frontier Wing/Intro

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moon shone brightly in the black, beautiful sky as the stars formed patterns indescribably beautiful. However, the night was coming to a close as Celestia moved the moon out of view as the sun took its place, the majestic light illuminating every nook and cranny of Equestria, bathing the country in a light that represented peace, prosperity and brought positive energy wherever it hit. Ponyville was no exception. Ponies were everywhere in Ponyville, you couldn't turn around a corner without seeing a pony. Though that does sound creepy, it isn't because the resident were kind, usually. Everyone was taking advantage of the light. Pinkie Pie was busy making cupcakes with Mr. and Mrs. Cake. It was rush hour and shop was filled to the brim with ponies. Twilight Sparkle was reading a novel by J. K. Clopping while Spike was sleeping in his small bed. They had come to Ponyville for a month-long visit to catch a break from royal life and Blueblood. Faust was he an asshat. Anyway, Rainbow Dash was sleeping on a cloud, Applejack was busy with her diligent farm work, Fluttershy was taking of the animals and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who were playing outside, and Rarity was busy designing and making dresses and suits for her clients.

But of course, if the chapter title has told you anything, it's that we're focusing on Frontier Wing, not The Mane Six. So, where is he? He's in clousdale, still asleep. He had a rough night yesterday, what with the drinking and the tough day at work. As his eyelids start to unfasten themselves, he looks for his watch. When he saw the time, his eyes bulged, tempting to pop out. It was 8:00 A.M. His work started at 7:30 A.M. Instinct and muscle memory took over and, in a speed that could've rivaled Rainbow Dash's speed. In record time, he managed to bath, comb and still be able to check himself out in the mirror. His figure was somewhat masculine but you still could tell he hadn't been exercising for a while. His mane had maroon and white stripes and his fur was also maroon. His cutie mark were red wings with lines behind them as if to represent speed, which was what he was known for. He was also known for his epic name and his relationship with Rainbow Dash. Why? Cause' FUCK LESBO DASH! Just kidding. Anyway, back to the story! After a brief look at himself, he rushed off, eventually reaching his workplace. He checked his watch. 8:00 A.M.

"What the fuck?"He accidentally shouted.

"'What the fuck' is right."Was all he heard as he felt a strong impact on the back of his head, making him lose consciousness and eventually, he fell down, unconscious.

When Frontier Wing regained his consciousness, he examined his surroundings, noting that it was very futuristic or something from those spy movies, like it's the...

"Are you the C.I.A? What do you want from me?" Frontier Wing started asking in a panicked frenzy.

"That is not for you to know," One of the ponies in a black suit started to talk."You have been sent here because there is something you need to know. There is a new threat, stronger than King Sombra, stronger than Chrysalis, stronger than Nightmare Moon and stronger than Discord."

At that point, Discord appeared and pouted, "Hey! What is this new threat you speak of?"

"I was getting to that," The pony responded." The name of this threat is unknown but we refer to it as 'Darkness'.This thing has been, draining living beings of their life energy although we have no idea what it does with it."

"But what does that have to do with me?"

"It has a lot to do with you. You see, your parents were the ones who awakened it. They stumbled upon it and accidentally awakened it. It may be the cause of their disappearences but it is just a theory."

"...So what do I have to do?"

"...So you get it? Ok, but first you need to know-You and your whole have this odd talent- Everytime you die, the whole day restarts from when you woke up. At first we thought it was eternal but after experimentation, we found out this was not true. This 'talent' ends when they manage to destroy the threat of their generation, with or without help."

"Kay but what do I have to do?"

"First, tell the elements about what I told you, this will be crucial. Your power alone will not be able to defeat Darkness.You need them. Second, get more fit. Your body is out of shape. You have one week, at least that is the estimated time."

"ONE WEEK?"

"Yes, you better get fit. Oh yeah, one more thing- Whatever happened to you will remain with you and you will remember the events of the previous day."

And on that note, the unicorn, using his magic, took a gun and immediately shot him. They then heard a hum resonate around the room, a bright light soon appeared, enveloping the room, and eventually the whole of Equestria in a speed so quick nobody could even tell it was there in the first place...


But of course, if the chapter title has told you anything, it's that we're focusing on Frontier Wing, not The Mane Six. So, where is he? He's in clousdale, still asleep. He had a rough night yesterday, what with the drinking and the tough day at work. As his eyelids start to unfasten themselves, he looks for his watch. When he saw the time, his eyes bulged, tempting to pop out but it felt familiar. It was 8:00 A.M. His work started at 7:30 A.M. Instinct and muscle memory took over and, in a speed that could've rivaled Rainbow Dash's speed. In record time, he managed to bath, comb and still be able to check himself out in the mirror. His figure was somewhat masculine but you still could tell he hadn't been exercising for a while. His mane had maroon and white stripes and his fur was also maroon. His cutie mark were red wings with lines behind them as if to represent speed, which was what he was known for. He was also known for his epic name and his relationship with Rainbow Dash. Why? Cause' FUCK LESBO DASH! Just kidding. Anyway, back to the story! After a brief look at himself, he rushed off, eventually reaching his workplace. He checked his watch. 8:00 A.M.

"Wait... I remember this!" Frontier said as he turned around, facing the pony, which was a unicorn.

"Oh hell no!" He shouted as he flew up high, landing with a strong kick which he dubbed the 'Meteor Kick' towards the unicorn, sending him flying towards the ground at breakneck speeds but luckily he didn't break it though.

Knowing he couldn't spend anymore time, he headed for work. Nevertheless, he was chided for being late amd given the pink slip. The rest of the day was normal but there was one thought lingering in his mind- were the events of 'yesterday' real? He needed to know.

.He opened the doors of his home in Cloudsdale, tired as hell after the long day. Laying on his bed, he counted the the amount of days he had left: 6. The same thought he had at work zipped through his mind, like counting sheep, and eventually, he fell asleep.

Was it real?...

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed! Constructive criticism will be appreciated! By the way, should this be counted as a crossover? And sorry with all the dialogue. I promise more action. Keep in mind I have NOT watched the movie.

Comments ( 7 )

Your indents are driving me nuts.

And saying that it's based off of Edge of Tomorrow (which I actually saw) wouldn't actually mean much unless it took some points from that movie other than 'character dies, relives day'. You might as well say this was based off of the idea of Hard Reset. Or even Groundhog Day.

Live ... Die ... Retry ... Live ... Die ... Retry ... Live ... Die ... Retry ... Liv... :trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:

Oh come on guys, this movie is just awesome. :pinkiehappy:

Glad to see someone make it a crossover.

Ok, personally, I think you got the concept down, but you really need to work on your story telling. Firstly, you're trying too hard to keep the story moving. What you need to do is subtly work your way to the big reveal. An example of this from Edge of Tomorrow is once Tom Cruise's character dies the first time, he dies several more times before he talks to Emily Blunt's character where they reveal whats happening to him. Each time he dies brings him a step closer to saving her, thus telling her that he's doing what she herself once did. Second, the whole thing with him having this ability all of a sudden with no initial catalyst is, to be blunt, extremely dumb. What you need is something that gives him the ability to restart the day. The way they did it in Edge of Tomorrow was tom cruise's character being covered in the blood of a special Mimic as it and him die. The last thing I'm gonna comment on is your grammar. Dude. You seriously need to find an editor. That's all I'm gonna say, since that's all I really see thus far. I'll say more if I notice more.

Onwards and Upwards!
-D

4579367 It's not much of a crossover rather than based of the idea.

4579889 Thanks!:pinkiehappy: When I have the time, I'll try to rewrite it.

I think this is the only story like this online. Please continue it

Login or register to comment